Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3072063 times)

shark tits

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #36330 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:14 AM »
^mess my fuckin heart up

Stanley Spadowski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #36331 on: June 19, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »
Turned 36 yesterday. Saw Emerica/Lakai demo on Tuesday, and skated Estabrook.
Also made it in burnout on thrasher.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

shark tits

« Reply #36332 on: June 19, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #36333 on: June 19, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »
Stoked that Bernie Sanders is running for the presidency in the United States.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36334 on: June 19, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »
Finally watched the season finale of The Flash. So good but at the same time a lil confused. Cant wait for season 2.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #36335 on: June 19, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
Did a pretty good caveman darkslide if I don't say so myself, the BMXers at the skatepark sure liked it.

Also, made this note to go in my camera bag.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #36336 on: June 19, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »
Did a pretty good caveman darkslide if I don't say so myself, the BMXers at the skatepark sure liked it.

Also, made this note to go in my camera bag.

Everything about that note is fucking amazing. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #36337 on: June 19, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »
Yeah I dunno dogg. I'd safe bet the "make" or "closest to a make" will be the death clip so whatever.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #36338 on: June 19, 2015, 09:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cheers sharktits.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

f0rmeitscrazylike

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36339 on: June 20, 2015, 05:02:33 AM »
I hope you all re-watch the modus parts below. Did you ever think of the impact of this video? It's likely that the reason that Marc/Brian Anderson got on Chocolate/Girl was spending a lot of time w/ Mike Carroll while filming this video. What would Yeah Right have been w/o those two? Sure, sure, amazing still, but where the fuck would we be w/o those video parts?

MJ part in Modus...
0) first skate video/video part I ever saw apart from end-of-game Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1
1) no push line at 1:14, just jumps into position.
2) I used to pause skatevideo VHS tapes where I thought it would make a good photo, and I accidentally discovered that during the back tail at 1:24, it's not a camera flash, it's a single frame of the stencil or whatever it is thrown up on the garage door behind him.
3) bs nollie flip at 1:34 used to trip me out. I knew it flipped but it didn't look like it did
4) sw 180 manual bs 180 switch manual is the best trick ever done at that spot, hands down
5) ollie at 2:53
6) ollie at 2:49
7) I mentally channel points 5 & 6 & 8 and emulate at every opportunity
8) bs 5-0 at 3:23 is exactly how a bs 5-0 should look
9) non-popped fakie big spin and nollie bigspin in a line... that was kosher at the time, then wouldn't make it into a video for almost a decade, and is now again perfectly acceptable

can someone make me a avatar-able gif of said nollie flip 5-0 180 at 1:38? With or without the nosegrind preceding, both are radical options. Who else has done that trick? Lucas Puig did it in a video part, aside from that I can't think of another.

MC is my favorite (and potentially best) nollie flipper, bs 50-50er, switch flipper, bs smither, varial flipper, not the best nollie bs heelflipper, but did one of the nicest nollie bs heels ever, and The Carroll Hand is amazing.

Scott Johnston is the best 180 switch crooker of all time

Rick Howard is the nicest fakie 5-0er/fakie manualer ever

I'm absolutely wasted.

randomly,

the way the song starts on the back smith stomp, also, one of my favorite back smiths of all time. That along w/ MJ's back 5-0 in Modus are two examples of what I emulate when I go for those tricks. I sure as fuck are not doing nollie flip bs 5-0 180 outs, but if I did, I would think of MC's in modus, unfuckingreal

This dude's style was erratic and tic taced a bit much along w/ a somewhat odd trick selection, but I always dug it.

finally,

the swollie up the stairs to real quick jump into sw fs flip position @ 1:15ish is the bee's knees, not to mention the fs flip over the table earlier in the part is one of the finest fs flips over a table ever. Alex Olson does a mean one too

This post was way too long, and I could keep going 10x longer on miscellaneous video parts I had on VHS or downloaded off of Kazaa that I fucking love

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #36340 on: June 20, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »
This fella bonelessed a goddarn picnic table. I tried to make a gif of it for my sig but it wouldn't go fml.

prettybird

• Rep: -3
« Reply #36341 on: June 20, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »
Just got home from rock the garden. wonderful show all around (forgot how good conor oberst is live,)and got to chat with a personal idol of mine, stuart murdoch. cant wait to go back tomorrow.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #36342 on: June 21, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »

Just the way I like em

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #36343 on: June 21, 2015, 07:17:56 PM »
This fella bonelessed a goddarn picnic table. I tried to make a gif of it for my sig but it wouldn't go fml.

i love that he throws in a treflip that looks worse than a boneless double finger flip 180
fuck that hurts to type

Just the way I like em
mesmerizing though

and to be fair i skate more like the first dude than chaz lol
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Yu Dum

« Reply #36344 on: June 22, 2015, 10:00:48 AM »
My friends and I are almost finished filming for our second full-length video titled "For Your Health" a la Dr. Steve Brule.
Video premieres August 15. It's gonna be one big shit show.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #36345 on: June 22, 2015, 05:44:44 PM »
Got a new job! Working line for a nice italian joint 9 blocks from my apartment, and if I dont suck I'll receive health insurance and other benefits. As long as I still have time to skate, I dont see myself being bummed on anything at all.

Hannity

« Reply #36346 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
getting Heath and Reynolds' signatures on my team poster from 2002. my girlfriend walked right up to the van after the demo and flashed a gorgeous smile to Reynolds asking him for his signature. how could he say no.

just stoked on that Stay Flared demo. everyone came through so hard in Denver even though you could tell they were tired as shit. Heath landed a massive kickflip over this bump to manny pad, Sebo did HUGE nollie flip on the hip first try that stunned everyone, Herman landed a nice nollie inward on the hip. and i got front row seats for a Jerry nollie back heel down the 6.

and stoked on colorado parks in general. we went to some good ones the past few days: Canon City, Castle Rock, Centennial, Memorial in CO Springs. some fucking ridiculous crete in that state...

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #36347 on: June 23, 2015, 10:25:28 AM »
Hell yeah dogg props on the sigs.

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #36348 on: June 24, 2015, 04:58:58 AM »
lexus hoverboard?

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #36349 on: June 26, 2015, 08:12:27 PM »

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #36350 on: June 29, 2015, 09:13:17 AM »
After hanging out with this girl for 3 weeks and flirting with her the entire time and working my way up to being a tickle buddy we finally made out this past weekend. First time being with someone besides my ex in 2 years... and it was great

Dengles

« Reply #36351 on: June 29, 2015, 06:31:52 PM »
I'm stoked that I found two new ledges to skate within a five minute skate of my apartment.  They were well hidden inside of a parking garage they built a few months ago.  I'm also stoked that I found them on payday.  Also ttching! is that from that Fuckjerry page? 

shark tits

« Reply #36352 on: June 29, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »
one of the wormside kids gave me a bunch of chickenwire for rebar but since my construction crew is on moratorium as pertains to DIY skatespots we jimmyrigged little trellises for my tomatoes. my mother grabbed some little yellow plants and i brought them back from the precipice and they're thriving. the 2 storebought joints have little green tomatoes bulging and my buddy's lettuce, scallions and potatoes are looking good. i'd like to extend the garden next yr, maybe go a month w/out buying food besides like olive oil and hot sauce? prolly won't succeed in that endeavor but if i could balance urban skating w/ growing my own food i'd be kinda proud of myself. if i had to choose skating or self sufficiency i'm gonna always choose the city but i'd love to balance the 2 in detroit some day.
think of all the money i'd have left for $5 blows!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #36353 on: June 29, 2015, 07:27:54 PM »
what kind of potatoes are ya growin?

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36354 on: June 30, 2015, 08:06:46 AM »
I'm stoked that I found two new ledges to skate within a five minute skate of my apartment.  They were well hidden inside of a parking garage they built a few months ago.  I'm also stoked that I found them on payday.  Also ttching! is that from that Fuckjerry page? 

I found these ledges the other day! Was busy waxing up one other day.

shark tits

« Reply #36355 on: June 30, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
what kind of potatoes are ya growin?
that's dirtnek's work. he let his grocery store joints start sprouting and propagated em. they multiply like starfishies.

Dengles

« Reply #36356 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh man those ledges are much better than the ones I found, they look like so much fun. 

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36357 on: June 30, 2015, 08:38:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh man those ledges are much better than the ones I found, they look like so much fun. 

I'm excited, I was walking with a friend and I saw them and almost jumped out of my skin. I sanded them with a rock and waxed them yesterday but didn't skate because they're right by a restaurant but hopefully soon.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #36358 on: June 30, 2015, 08:40:50 AM »
It's mild out. The WestCoast is getting record breaking heat and here it's been perfect weather for 2 months.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #36359 on: June 30, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »
one of the wormside kids gave me a bunch of chickenwire for rebar but since my construction crew is on moratorium as pertains to DIY skatespots we jimmyrigged little trellises for my tomatoes. my mother grabbed some little yellow plants and i brought them back from the precipice and they're thriving. the 2 storebought joints have little green tomatoes bulging and my buddy's lettuce, scallions and potatoes are looking good. i'd like to extend the garden next yr, maybe go a month w/out buying food besides like olive oil and hot sauce? prolly won't succeed in that endeavor but if i could balance urban skating w/ growing my own food i'd be kinda proud of myself. if i had to choose skating or self sufficiency i'm gonna always choose the city but i'd love to balance the 2 in detroit some day.
think of all the money i'd have left for $5 blows!
This is all code for weed right?

harrison ford invented the first car, in America