Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3073857 times)

4wheels

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #37410 on: May 29, 2016, 10:18:48 PM »
had meniscus repair surgery about a month ago and have been basically bedbound with my leg stuck straightlegged in a brace, but on wednesday they are unlocking the brace so i will be able to bend my knee and walk on it again. still cant skate for a couple more months but at least ill be able to get out of the house and be somewhat active.

I slept in my own room last night after 6 months of sleeping in the corner of a friends kitchen/friends couch. I'm also about a month away from a solo art exhibition and I've been productive as all hell for it.

Life's not so bad.
i know that feeling, just got finished couch surfing for about 6 or 7 months too. it gets old after a while 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #37411 on: June 01, 2016, 12:18:31 PM »
I think it's closer than ever for you guys to finally see a shoe designed by me in the shelves. It will be a OUS shoe (A rad brazilian footwear company). One of their pro's saw my drawings on instagram and sent me a PM to draw his new pro model. So I did it, we worked together and the design came out great. He sent it for the OUS guys and they loved it, so they told me they are going to work on some samples in the next 1/2 months, and if they work great they will be mass produced. They will pay me for the design and send me a bunch of shoes too. I'm so fucking stoked.

Also, I did a Etnies shoe design recently, and someone tagged Don Brown on it. He came to my insta and liked a bunch of my other stuff, then commented my pic congratulating me and I said in a kidding way if he ever needed a shoe designer to talk with me (i wasnt kidding tho ahah). He told me that he was really impressed with my work and would do it for sure. Pierre (owner of Soletech) also commented saying it was a rad design. I was stoked (A boy can dream).  ;D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

straight

« Reply #37412 on: June 01, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »
it's gonna be 117 degrees this weekend here in PHX

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #37413 on: June 01, 2016, 01:43:40 PM »
I think it's closer than ever for you guys to finally see a shoe designed by me in the shelves. It will be a OUS shoe (A rad brazilian footwear company). One of their pro's saw my drawings on instagram and sent me a PM to draw his new pro model. So I did it, we worked together and the design came out great. He sent it for the OUS guys and they loved it, so they told me they are going to work on some samples in the next 1/2 months, and if they work great they will be mass produced. They will pay me for the design and send me a bunch of shoes too. I'm so fucking stoked.

Also, I did a Etnies shoe design recently, and someone tagged Don Brown on it. He came to my insta and liked a bunch of my other stuff, then commented my pic congratulating me and I said in a kidding way if he ever needed a shoe designer to talk with me (i wasnt kidding tho ahah). He told me that he was really impressed with my work and would do it for sure. Pierre (owner of Soletech) also commented saying it was a rad design. I was stoked (A boy can dream).  ;D
fuck yea, that's awesome

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #37414 on: June 01, 2016, 04:08:59 PM »

Skating D.West?

NOPE

gonna catch a fade at dat der pool

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #37415 on: June 01, 2016, 08:24:48 PM »

First he went to the X Games to steal the 900 from Tas, then he bagged his friend's wife, now he's in space trying to steal the 9 flip from Pine.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #37416 on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:01 PM »
I saw The Cure last night. They played for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Shit was unreal.

glutton.

« Reply #37417 on: June 01, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »
got laid

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #37418 on: June 01, 2016, 11:24:40 PM »
got laid
Always a source of stoked
Had a really fun day with all the homies , got out the box a bit. Skated 6 miles to the crib , feels really good

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #37419 on: June 02, 2016, 01:38:44 AM »
I saw The Cure last night. They played for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Shit was unreal.

good to hear. gets me stoked to seeing them in october

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #37420 on: June 02, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »
had meniscus repair surgery about a month ago and have been basically bedbound with my leg stuck straightlegged in a brace, but on wednesday they are unlocking the brace so i will be able to bend my knee and walk on it again. still cant skate for a couple more months but at least ill be able to get out of the house and be somewhat active.

Expand Quote
I slept in my own room last night after 6 months of sleeping in the corner of a friends kitchen/friends couch. I'm also about a month away from a solo art exhibition and I've been productive as all hell for it.

Life's not so bad.
[close]
i know that feeling, just got finished couch surfing for about 6 or 7 months too. it gets old after a while  
what happened to your knee? randomly a month ago i started having pain in the middle of my kneecap when my leg is fully bent. otherwise there is no problem. it just hurts like a cramp or like pressing hard on a bruise when it's fully bent. kind of afraid to skate right now and making it worse so i'm just on my cruiser.

i'm stoked on finding liquor that actually doesn't make me want to gag for the first time in my life . black cherry canadian whiskey
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:53:02 AM by wallieD »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #37421 on: June 02, 2016, 01:36:13 PM »
got laid

Hopefully ill be saying this later, got a bumble date tonight. Bad part is though i went to school with her cousin. If he gets pissed though, fuck him. He's a douche bag anyway 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37422 on: June 02, 2016, 03:03:59 PM »
Expand Quote
got laid
[close]

Hopefully ill be saying this later, got a bumble date tonight. Bad part is though i went to school with her cousin. If he gets pissed though, fuck him. He's a douche bag anyway 

Fucking the relatives of people you don't like is one of the best things you can do with your life.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37423 on: June 02, 2016, 08:52:31 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

Life's not so bad.
[close]
[close]
what happened to your knee? randomly a month ago i started having pain in the middle of my kneecap when my leg is fully bent. otherwise there is no problem. it just hurts like a cramp or like pressing hard on a bruise when it's fully bent. kind of afraid to skate right now and making it worse so i'm just on my cruiser.

i'm stoked on finding liqour that actually doesn't make me want to gag for the first time in my life . black cherry canadian whiskey

Just reading that makes me gag. To each their own.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Red

• Rep: -2
« Reply #37424 on: June 02, 2016, 08:57:00 PM »
found a place that sells luckies near my skatepark

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #37425 on: June 02, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
got laid
[close]

[close]

Fucking the relatives of people you don't like is one of the best things you can do with your life.

Didn't smash but took her to hibachi and everyone at the table except for me had to take home leftovers because they couldn't finish their food. Gotta show her whats up

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #37426 on: June 03, 2016, 06:29:55 PM »
Getting back in shape and skating more frequently also getting a handle on my depression and getting my mind right.
even the steven

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #37427 on: June 03, 2016, 11:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skating D.West?

NOPE

gonna catch a fade at dat der pool

catch me at the wedge at fucking 10 at night when it's slightly tolerable outside

I was walking around downtown Scottsdale after dark a little bit ago and it still felt like an oven

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #37428 on: June 04, 2016, 05:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

good to hear. gets me stoked to seeing them in october

im so bummed their not coming anywhere less than a 4 hour drive. id pay big bucks to see the cure. any highlights from the set? im sure the whole thing was amazing.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #37429 on: June 07, 2016, 07:43:07 AM »
Got a job washing cars, it pays well and is easy as heck.
Yesterday My wife won a radio contest (20th caller wins) for Weezer & Panic at the disco tickets, I like weezer but I don't really want to go, She already had a ticket and was going to go with my sister but now I'm gonna go lol  :P
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #37430 on: June 07, 2016, 05:36:04 PM »
I'm doing my bachelor's project with a fossil museum on the small Danish island Fur. This island has an amazing wealth of fossils. So while I was chilling at the museum, chatting with some visiting pensionists led to them coming by my granddad's old vacation house where I stayed. I poured some beer on them and then we went out to explore the island together.
We ended up walking westward on the north beach looking for fossils, and I found 4.
One was a small crew of little Argentinidae fish, another was a finger thick fish back bone (must have been a sizable  fish), one a fossilised fish shit, and one that's yet to be identified, but could be a rather big cranium, or a least a part of it. There's a lot of the fossil missing, though, but I'm really excited about getting the geologists' opinion on it. They're really cooperative and really cool guys.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #37431 on: June 07, 2016, 10:22:38 PM »
I'm stoked I've been almost 11 weeks sober. No alcohol. No pills. No nothing.

I'm happy as fuck. I feel like I've got a second chance at life.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #37432 on: June 07, 2016, 10:35:22 PM »
I finally got some super dope extra low socks. They so low you can't even see them at all even when I wear my super low Vans to a picnic GODDAMNIT they're low

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37433 on: June 07, 2016, 10:46:49 PM »

Crazy low.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37434 on: June 07, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »
Maybe too low.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #37435 on: June 08, 2016, 12:20:57 AM »
I'm stoked I've been almost 11 weeks sober. No alcohol. No pills. No nothing.

I'm happy as fuck. I feel like I've got a second chance at life.

Congrats man, that's good to hear. Keep that feeling in mind and you should be fine.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37436 on: June 08, 2016, 06:53:08 AM »
Those socks are fuckin low

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #37437 on: June 08, 2016, 08:06:03 AM »
they so low
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #37438 on: June 08, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »
first teaser poster for the movie i've been working on (for almost 3 years)

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37439 on: June 08, 2016, 12:05:20 PM »
first teaser poster for the movie i've been working on (for almost 3 years)

Hey that's awesome what did/are you do(ing) on it? I believe a friend of mine did some storyboarding for it (I might be wrong but he's deeply entrenched in Disney animation).