Author Topic: bikes  (Read 310077 times)

TheHyphyVelociraptor

Re: bikes
« Reply #390 on: May 24, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions but I can't find anything on craigslist which is under $150 or in working condition. Do you think this bike would be alright:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/700C-GMC-Denali-Men-s-Road-Bike/12080282

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #391 on: May 24, 2010, 08:39:45 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions but I can't find anything on craigslist which is under $150 or in working condition. Do you think this bike would be alright:
it seems ridiculous to not be able to find something for under $150 on craigslist. where are you?

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #392 on: May 24, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »

Any brand new bike that costs $157 is going to be shit. Why not save and spend more to get something that will last. Or save, buy a beater and then fix it up.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #393 on: May 24, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
you could just wait and find a bike in the trash then use that $150 to fix it up. you could go to a flea market or yard sale and spend 20 bucks on a bike. anything that comes from wal mart will most likely be shit.

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -31
« Reply #394 on: May 24, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »
buy bolt cutters.
go to your nearest college.
steal a bike.
return bolt cutters

bndla

• Rep: -14
« Reply #395 on: May 25, 2010, 01:38:26 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #396 on: May 25, 2010, 04:44:11 AM »

got this one recently and really ben enjoying it

LloydChristmas

« Reply #397 on: May 25, 2010, 05:41:58 AM »

my girlfriend just got a matching white one because we're that gay.  good bikes though.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #398 on: May 25, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »
that bike looks sick, always liked cannodales. used to have a thing for the m800 (beast of the east) but never had the cash to get one.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »
thinking about picking this bike up next week.

No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2010, 09:17:43 PM »

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/volume/34208

finished this thing up in january and have loved it ever since.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #401 on: June 03, 2010, 07:06:20 PM »
needed to start riding a bike for physical therapy, so i fixed up the mongoose mountain bike i got when i was 13 and hadn't ridden since i started skating. other than an uncomfortable seat, it rides pretty well in my opinion. i even spray painted the bike a flat black so i don't look like the type of person to ride a mongoose bike.

BitchTits

« Reply #402 on: June 29, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »
^
My bike is patriotic looking with the red/white/blue color scheme. It's disgusting to me and I was thinking about painting it like this kid:

My bike is a mountain bike I got for Christmas or something years ago from Walmart. So, I don't give a shit about using some cheap spray paint on a $100 bike. My one concern is whether it works or not. I really don't care if the paint will chip off and don't want to take it apart to spray paint it.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -369
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #403 on: June 29, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »

2009 Bianchi Pista Steel with a front brake for long journeys. I'm about to switch the wheelset to a Velocity 700c Deep V set.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #404 on: June 29, 2010, 11:09:50 PM »
just picked this up about a month ago. It's a Specialized Globe 1 and is a joy to ride. Being a Honda/VW nerd, 'less is more' is the motto and this bike is just that. Also, it's a flip hub so once my balls drop I might change it to fixed.

sergioflorez

« Reply #405 on: June 30, 2010, 07:32:17 AM »
new deda pista bar, sugino 75 bottom bracket, and a 75 crank, 48t. going to do a brewster, ny to nyc ride soon. 65 miles. no reason.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:45:40 AM by sergioflorez »

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »
just picked this up about a month ago. It's a Specialized Globe 1 and is a joy to ride. Being a Honda/VW nerd, 'less is more' is the motto and this bike is just that. Also, it's a flip hub so once my balls drop I might change it to fixed.

dildo bars

Inbred Jed

« Reply #407 on: June 30, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
thinking about picking this bike up next week.

You better turn the handle bars up early 80's stoner style.

BitchTits

« Reply #408 on: July 07, 2010, 04:49:31 PM »
My ass and balls are beyond sore. I will never bike more than a mile without a better seat or something. Does anyone know of good seat pads because I was thinking of getting this.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: July 07, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »
My ass and balls are beyond sore. I will never bike more than a mile without a better seat or something. Does anyone know of good seat pads because I was thinking of getting this.

ummmmm
brooks saddle?????????
http://www.google.com/products?client=safari&rls=en&q=brooks%20saddle&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

they're amazing and mold to your butt creating the perfect seat. Those pad things are lame and don't actually do anything.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #410 on: July 07, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
padding doesn't necessarily make a seat any better.  the most comfortable seats i've had barely have padding at all.

Jura

« Reply #411 on: July 08, 2010, 07:00:07 AM »
Snickers, bro. that bike is tight.

I picked up a cheap fixie a few months ago. I rode that bitch like 5 miles the other day, twas a lot of pedaling.

Mine is like dark gray.

And heres my garbage picked 1968 Schwinn. Its sick.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #412 on: July 08, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
padding doesn't necessarily make a seat any better.  the most comfortable seats i've had barely have padding at all.

I sometimes ride my bike 20 miles home from work and it kills my balls and taint. I need a seat cover bad.

BitchTits

« Reply #413 on: July 08, 2010, 02:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You probably have a Bianchi, or some other legit bike. That would probably explain why you have had better seats. Mine is some old, Walmart bike, which I'm grateful for. However, I got what what I paid for.

Obviously, I can't afford a new seat because I'm riding a Walmart bike. So, I was looking for an alternative such as a seat pad. I  agree with you that padding wouldn't necessarily make a seat any better. I would at least need a seat capable of supporting all of my fat ass. And, I would probably need something that is molded for my balls. That is why I was looking at the Bell seat pad with memory foam.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #414 on: July 09, 2010, 01:01:44 AM »
I have a weak ass soft tail MTB I got as a teenager and it's so frustrating to ride that it turned me off of biking all together. I was thinking of getting a better bike for a long time but couldn't justify spending more money on a bicycle than my car cost.

But now I moved a decent biking distance away from my workplace and got some money as a graduation present for buying a new bike. I'd been looking at these hipster-faggot-fixies for a while and then I saw this in a shop window and fell in love.

I rode it for an hour in the rain to get it home from the shop and I was grinning the whole time.

My ass is pretty sore now though, I hadn't pedaled for almost a year before this. I'll try to get my confidence and physique up a bit and then I'll flip the flop to the fixed gear side.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #415 on: July 09, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »
^what is that?

I ended up having to ride fixed yesterday. My 26" bmx was out of commission. It's seriously a way less chill and annoying way to ride a bike, but it's still kinda fun.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #416 on: July 09, 2010, 11:50:05 AM »
^what is that?

I ended up having to ride fixed yesterday. My 26" bmx was out of commission. It's seriously a way less chill and annoying way to ride a bike, but it's still kinda fun.
looks like a gt with that geometry.

« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2010, 02:11:53 PM »
My 26" bmx was out of commission.

I've been thinking about getting something along those lines.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2010, 08:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
^what is that?

[close]
looks like a gt with that geometry.

Yeah, it's a GT Gutterball. I guess the road-racer/messenger scene would regard it as a cookie-cutter-fashion-fixie, but I'm not looking to ride triathlons with it, just make the daily commutes more interesting.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: July 10, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »
Expand Quote
My 26" bmx was out of commission.
[close]

I've been thinking about getting something along those lines.

Dude you should, it's the best bike decision I've ever made. You look extra tight and it's easy to jump shit on.

Look around at all the bikes on this site and get hyped.
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/firemans_texas_cruiser/