Author Topic: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here  (Read 134139 times)

clifford the big red dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here
« Reply #480 on: February 03, 2009, 09:04:58 PM »
Expand Quote

i don't have it anymore so please stop PM'ing me.
i watched it a few times, got a chubby, and i deleted it promptly after.
the sect is one of my all time favorite companies, they keep shit real and you should show your support and buy the video when its realized as i plan to do.   
i took an oath and i'm a man of my word and will not leak any part of their video under any circumstances...even if were homies.
my apologies to all concerned.

so what do you have to say about arto's part you insignificant twerp ant of a human being? "it was sick kills kills it" you fucking shmuck robot go fucking lick your aunts clit part ripped but was lagging indifinalty

[close]

thats fukked up

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #481 on: February 03, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
Expand Quote
there was a rsvp after the first two showings , pretty gay. so if you werent cool enough you werent gettin your hand stamped.  i just think its really shitty for a company as large burtin not to rent out a huge theater and instead throw it at some swank hotel.  i wasnt that pissed because i live only twnet minutes from the theater and am only a short subway ride away, but i real bad for some of the dudes who came from places as far as conneticut and jersey and werent allowed in, its fucked up. anyone that couldnt get in to the ny premiere ill more than gladey rip a copy for you once i get it, pm me
[close]

etnies put it together. the premier was rad. 5 dollar coffee ...not so rad, but it tasted radder then my 20 cent coffee. Video was amazing.  It felt like a real skateboarding video with groundbreaking skating. Not insane skating trying to a be a groundbreaking video.  Who else was in the 2nd showing for people only with Foreskin?

yeah regardless of who put the premiere together i just think the whole list thing was really fucked up, if you were gonna do that put in on the fuckin flyer.  Instead i got to watch some power trippin hipster bitch let all the cool kids in, while dudes who actually wanted to see the video and who actually skated were getting shunned and laughed at.  i mean it totally sucks to watch some dude who doesnt skate get in  and is only getting in because he works sfor some fuckin gay t shirt company, or is the cool kid at all the les bars.  skateboard premieres should be for skaters
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:12:03 PM by All Hail Wu Welsh »

gravel pitch

« Reply #482 on: February 03, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
By the way, does the DVD come with any extras?

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #483 on: February 03, 2009, 09:19:06 PM »
yeah i was at the 2nd showing tonight they let me and like 6 other people in and we were the last ones, i was all the way in the front taking in all the goodness

yeeeeah dude. As far as i'm concerned, the front row is the only way to go if you wanna fully immerse yourself in a film. Being bombarded by shots artsy stock footage and the like is a nice little thing to experience.

Tomkins Square Park Bench

• Rep: 2
  • I'm Green. Sometimes I have wet paint on me.
« Reply #484 on: February 03, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
there was a rsvp after the first two showings , pretty gay. so if you werent cool enough you werent gettin your hand stamped.  i just think its really shitty for a company as large burtin not to rent out a huge theater and instead throw it at some swank hotel.  i wasnt that pissed because i live only twnet minutes from the theater and am only a short subway ride away, but i real bad for some of the dudes who came from places as far as conneticut and jersey and werent allowed in, its fucked up. anyone that couldnt get in to the ny premiere ill more than gladey rip a copy for you once i get it, pm me
[close]

yes that is true. i agree. the hipster thing and people who dont skate pisses me off.   But there are so many people who skate/hip around/ screen pint fagginess that a RSVP is needed and they should of stated that.

and yes...there is Bonus stuff on the DVD. they accidently clicked on 'Bonus" instead of play. There was a good 10 things on there.

etnies put it together. the premier was rad. 5 dollar coffee ...not so rad, but it tasted radder then my 20 cent coffee. Video was amazing.  It felt like a real skateboarding video with groundbreaking skating. Not insane skating trying to a be a groundbreaking video.  Who else was in the 2nd showing for people only with Foreskin?
[close]

yeah regardless of who put the premiere together i just think the whole list thing was really fucked up, if you were gonna do that put in on the fuckin flyer.  Instead i go to watch some power trippin hipster bitch let all the cool kids in, while dudes who actually wanted to see the video and who actually skated were getting shunned and laughed at.  i mean i totally sucks to watch some dude who doesnt skate get into the movie and is only getting in because he work sfor some fuckin gay t shirt company, or is the cool kid at all the les bars.  skateboard premieres should be for skaters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #485 on: February 03, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »
By the way, does the DVD come with any extras?

a book about the making-of and bonus footy. Nice to release everything in one complete package as opposed to releasing a bare-bones edition with no extras for 30 bucks and then double dipping by releasing an overpriced ultra special deluxe edition a year later.

UncleBobo

• Rep: 64
« Reply #486 on: February 03, 2009, 09:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote
yeah i was at the 2nd showing tonight they let me and like 6 other people in and we were the last ones, i was all the way in the front taking in all the goodness
[close]

Being bombarded by shots artsy stock footage and the like is a nice little thing to experience.

yes, yes it was

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #487 on: February 03, 2009, 09:49:49 PM »
a book about the making-of and bonus footy. Nice to release everything in one complete package as opposed to releasing a bare-bones edition with no extras for 30 bucks and then double dipping by releasing an overpriced ultra special deluxe edition a year later.

nobody would dare do that.

hate on you

• Rep: -15
  • freak
« Reply #488 on: February 03, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
berra and dyrdek's parts are so weak

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »

considering i wasn't expecting too much from either of them, i liked their parts. They both clocked in a good solid minute or two of footy. I was thankful that neither Big Black/that dog/that donkey nor The Berrics made an appearance.

hate on you

• Rep: -15
  • freak
« Reply #490 on: February 03, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

considering i wasn't expecting too much from either of them, i liked their parts. They both clocked in a good solid minute or two of footy. I was thankful that neither Big Black/that dog/that donkey nor The Berrics made an appearance.

yea i wasn't expecting too much from dyrdek either, its just berra still had fake spots and for a part that might be your last, he should have had more than a minute and a half of footage

istayhigh

« Reply #491 on: February 03, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »
fuck 3 more days, then I can go pick it up at the closest shop

tapir_farmer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #492 on: February 03, 2009, 11:49:59 PM »
AVE snuck my friend and I in cause we got there late. Coolest dude out there today. Jake and Dill and Grant Taylor and Heath best parts. Whole video was fucking amazing, like you were on a acid trip with gnar skating thrown in the mix.

ShadowKhaN

• Rep: 7
  • Yea

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
« Reply #494 on: February 04, 2009, 01:21:02 AM »
I waited from 7pm to 10:30 at the NY premiere and snuck into the last showing without any hassle, they made us sit on the floor but idgaf and the wait was worth it for sure.

everyone's part was awesome.. even some of dyrdek's. My favorite part was jake johnson

i might actually buy the dvd.. stoked for that

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #495 on: February 04, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeeeeah dude. As far as i'm concerned, the front row is the only way to go if you wanna fully immerse yourself in a film. Being bombarded by shots artsy stock footage and the like is a nice little thing to experience.
Is it stock footage? I thought they filmed all that, and was really impressed.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #496 on: February 04, 2009, 10:36:13 AM »

skateboard premieres should be for skaters
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

tapir_farmer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #497 on: February 04, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
I think the video is just hitting me now, the next day. It was fucking incredible. Words can't describe, you just need to see it. Jake Johnson is fucking mind-blowing good. Shit's un-real. Dill's part was too classic, in a good way. JUST SEE THIS!

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #498 on: February 04, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nahh, i couldn't see alien using stock footage. greg hunt is a genius

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #499 on: February 04, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

nahh, i couldn't see alien using stock footage. greg hunt is a genius
Good. So many of those clips are unbelievable. The weird birds moving all crazy, the family of blind people walking across the street with canes (that clip is crazy when you think about it), and so many more clips make this video amazing.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

avisualsound

• Rep: 7
« Reply #500 on: February 04, 2009, 12:03:03 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

I second that, fuck those bitches getting up to go blow coke in the bathrooom multiple times during the screening last night.

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #501 on: February 04, 2009, 12:12:55 PM »
Dill's part is online!

<a href="http://www.lemonparty.org/">bootleg quality</a>

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #502 on: February 04, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »
*waits to see how many people still dont scroll over a link before they click it*
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #503 on: February 04, 2009, 12:19:10 PM »
Mind blowing! the stuff heath pulled, pure awesomeness! thank you very much!!

wink

Alexander

• Rep: 6
« Reply #504 on: February 04, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »
Chill Slaptastic. Poached some pics during the intro. After that, it was time to watch:

Amazing.

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -682
  • I have way too many accounts.
« Reply #505 on: February 04, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »
I was at the first showing and sat at the back with Jake and some of the Chapman guys, not a big fan of sitting at the front. Mind Field is one of the few post-fully flared videos that wasn't trying to be extremely epic. They stayed true to the Sect editing style.

Sammy

• Rep: -6
« Reply #506 on: February 04, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »
Wow.... just wow...

I have good quality bootlegs of Berra's, Dyrdek's, and Saari's parts. Berra and Dyrdek were kind of marginal for this video, but still really good. But OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. ARTO SAARI..... Jesus.

Skateboarding is back. That's all I've got to say.

If anyone is down to trade bootlegs with me, PM me. I'm definitely looking for Kalis and Kirchart now.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2009, 02:05:56 PM »
a-yo, anyone in the atl area that wants to see a premiere needs to be at Stratosphere's new location on friday. we've been moving all day and there's still a lot to do, but thomas'll be opening in the newer, bigger location (around the corner next to junkman's daughter) on friday with the premiere. we're going big. no kooks.

and Grant's cover is out today too. i got a copy and it's fucking rad. the interview was done by neiratko and i think he was getting thrown off his game by grant more than he ever has in an interview. you rule Neiratko. always a fan.

i'll scan in the cover and make a proper thread when i get home today (if no one beats me to it).

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Tobias Funke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • Oh, come on. Don't leave your uncle T-bag hanging.
« Reply #508 on: February 04, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »

biggums mcgee

« Reply #509 on: February 04, 2009, 02:37:32 PM »
wow. now isn't that jus the gnarliest thing ever? WOW. skateboard mag coming through once again too!