Author Topic: Mike York off Chocolate  (Read 22003 times)

jordanm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • dil dil and epo will slay you
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mike York off Chocolate
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »
i liked his stuff in yeah right

hair_this_raw

« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2006, 04:48:30 AM »
"Waisting your time", "I am Hiphop" etc. - you just sound like a FAKE, who's just plain avoiding what I said earlier. If I was skating back in 1996, and I'm still skating now - then I'm a poser am I? I very much doubt you're going skating after this, more like practising your tacky rhymes, and continuing your rant on this board. It's plain to see that Mike York has had his time in pro skating; it's not really a big deal, but it's funny to watch dicks like you get mad defending someone you don't even KNOW. later, cocksucka....

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Once again, I KNOW he had knee problems, and was part of the original EMB scene. AS I SAID - his part in Mouse was good, but I thought he had gone downhill from then. Doesn't the fact that I told you that I bought the vid back in '96 tell you something? How the am I a "spectator", or not in the "game" (note use of hip-hop terminology)?? It's nothing to do with "hating", the simple fact is that he isn't as good as he used to be, and he's off the team. End of.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mate - get a grip. York's best part was 10 years ago, that's TEN years ago...I remember buying a copy of Mouse at the time and being stoked on his part. That said, I just think he's gone downhill from there; Chocolate Tour - average, his Yeah Right! part was bloodly awful and that was 3 years in the making. I'm just saying that eventually these companies are going to have to start looking for fresh riders, especially if the veterans aren't coming up with anything new.

Skateboarding isn't a static activity, you have to keep up or least try and come up with something new, especially if you're a pro..I have respect for longtime riders like Henry Sanchez, one of most awesome street skaters ever, who never really got what he deserved...but compared to what York has put out, it's hardly surprising that he's off.
[close]
Shit...I cant beleive I'm talking about skating right now over the internet instead of actually doing it . But sometimes you got to put scrubs in their place. Fool, have you ever skated with Mike? Or even tried to film a video part? i mean a legit video part not you doing grinds on the fun box in front of your house or some shit. Are you even in the game. I suspect a spectator with a wack opinion. Keep your negative comments to your self homie .  In the past Mike had knee problems and alot of the footage you saw was older than the time because of rehabilataion.  And Mike is a  O.G. EMB head. One of the dudes back in the day skating with Henry vibing off one another. Why hate?
[close]
[close]
"Enough with the drama.  Go whine to your mamma". Notice the elementary nursery rhyme directed at you. Recognize bitch! I use Hip Hop slang because I am HipHop.... It's a culture! I live it. You still havent replied about the statement that you spectate ,we all know you hate. So continue with your drama and comeback with some stupid ass reply. Go ahead waist your time. I'm over this shit,I'm going SKATING. ( a verb ,the act in motion,actually riding, not just pushing computer keys and talking shit) Here's another slang word for you bro from  skateboard culture..... POSER! Ever heard that one?
[close]

i know a chris from essex, and you, sir, are no chris from essex

Fulton

« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2006, 05:00:37 AM »
That said, I just think he's gone downhill from there; Chocolate Tour - average, his Yeah Right! part was bloodly awful and that was 3 years in the making.
The fuck are you talking about? His Yeah Right! part wasn`t bloody awful, it was great and funny.
Some people see a forest, some people see the trees.

the iron monkey

« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2006, 05:02:00 AM »
Expand Quote
That said, I just think he's gone downhill from there; Chocolate Tour - average, his Yeah Right! part was bloodly awful and that was 3 years in the making.
[close]
The fuck are you talking about? His Yeah Right! part wasn`t bloody awful, it was great and funny.

it was probably his worst part though.

that kickflip up the curb.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2006, 08:11:54 AM »
switch flip fs noseslide?

dude did nuff new shit. any photos or footy he had was tight. im talking after mouse.

peep the dekline ads and ask yourself what the hell youre talking about

Wesley

• Rep: -3
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2006, 08:55:31 AM »
Mike York is off Chocolate?

About time.

sir ruffs a lot

• Rep: -1
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »
Yorks part in yeah right was amazing. He did like 5000 dif kind of manny combo,s and invented that trend I see so now played at 3rd and army with the nose manny nose grind to nose manny shit. I have no clue what you haters are talking about. He ripped and still does. I mean okay he is not P rodd or J rogers or any of the young blood who people suck the cum out of now.  but look someday J rogers and all them other young fucks will be old and  hated as well. Time changes everything look at trainwreck he looks like a train straight up hit him with 80 hot dogs on it.

Wesley

• Rep: -3
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2006, 09:15:57 AM »
Sorry man, to each his own.  I've never been impressed with York...and this is all not to mention that last Ezekiel ad...

roulette

« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2006, 09:36:18 AM »
any body see that new dekline ad, fakie sw frontkrook to reg noseslide?that shit is sick, he will always have his place as far as im concerned

roulette

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2006, 09:40:13 AM »

b mine

« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2006, 05:44:01 PM »
york is sick. he's obviously not for everyone but for many he's amazing for many. enough hating on him. he paid his dues and then what happens? chocolate's been weak these days anyway. yes, everything changes and so do skate teams but this one seems just not right for some reason...

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2006, 06:04:54 PM »
It's wired i never thought York would be on Chocolate, you know, Sanchez i could see as a great member of the team at the time when York was on but nah, i just think there's a lot of other pro's that deserved it more - again like Sanchez

But at the end of the day - whatever i don't hire and fire for Girl so. . .
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

FOURS

« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2006, 06:07:58 PM »
i wish i did.  York,castillo,and eldridge would be gone in a second.

Shartenheimer

« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2006, 09:22:33 PM »
Why the fuck is Daniel Castillo's midget ass still on Chocolate?  Maybe my memory is a little hazy, but I don't think that little shit has EVER had a full part...just some random bullshit tricks thrown into the mix! 

Either you love York or you hate him (riding for Dekline and GrindKing sure doesn't help)...but the truth is Chocolate definitely could have gotten rid of some other people before giving him the axe.  :::Cough:::Cough:::Chris Roberts...Castillo...etc...etc...

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2006, 09:35:07 PM »
castillo had a full part in lovechild...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2006, 09:47:31 PM »
he'll have first part in the grindking video....

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2006, 10:03:46 PM »

york: the combo tricks as of late are wack but so what? disacknowledging his skating is grounds for blacklist status

^^truth

hairyarmpit

« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2006, 10:45:44 PM »
york is dope ,,,best of luck to him

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2006, 10:46:06 PM »
FUCK CHOCOLATE EVEN SENDING JUSTIN ELDRIDGE A BOARD!

punch drunk love

« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2006, 02:20:38 AM »
First Mike Taylor on AWS, now this.
Chicken Little was right.

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2006, 07:38:55 AM »
If it wasn't for Seek Mikey Taylor would've been on AWS as soon as he dipped off City Stars long ago.

REGIS PHILBIN

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2006, 07:42:22 AM »
york is washed up now anyways

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2006, 09:02:29 AM »
I liked Castillo looonng ago, but now...When I saw his s/s b/s heel manual 180 out in the new TWS montage I just wanted him to stop.  That's one of the few tricks I ever see him film and he just needs to hang it up.

Do something new!

sfmasher

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2006, 09:48:45 AM »
I like York -- always have.  Shit, I remember when he rode for Stereo back in the day (yeah, I'm considered old and washed up in skating years).  Dude is a street skating pioneer.  I seen him do shit at the Pier that was far ahead of its time.  I wish him the best of luck on his future endeavours.

Mizzerk

• Rep: 11
    • stella avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2006, 05:26:22 PM »
mike on choc a

roulette

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2006, 09:03:13 PM »
Why the fuck is Daniel Castillo's midget ass still on Chocolate?  Maybe my memory is a little hazy, but I don't think that little shit has EVER had a full part...just some random bullshit tricks thrown into the mix! 

Either you love York or you hate him (riding for Dekline and GrindKing sure doesn't help)...but the truth is Chocolate definitely could have gotten rid of some other people before giving him the axe.  :::Cough:::Cough:::Chris Roberts...Castillo...etc...etc...
what a fuckin dumbass