Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249376 times)

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2011, 12:56:58 PM »
I haven't been in here for awhile, and I don't know if this has been posted, but Magic Hat #9 is the best thing ever. I think it's brewed in Brooklyn, and only available on the East Coast so I can only drink it when I visit my father.

actually, it's brewed in Vermont, but yeah magic hat is the shit.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Doctor Handsome

• Rep: 4
  • Doctor Handsome
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2011, 01:01:02 PM »
Expand Quote
I haven't been in here for awhile, and I don't know if this has been posted, but Magic Hat #9 is the best thing ever. I think it's brewed in Brooklyn, and only available on the East Coast so I can only drink it when I visit my father.

[close]

I apologize, I thought I was told Brooklyn. Have you had any of their other beer that you could recommend?
I'm drunk.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I apologize, I thought I was told Brooklyn. Have you had any of their other beer that you could recommend?
haha it's all good, I just know because my dad is all about them. Umm, their fall beer that's out right now, "Hex" is really good. I haven't had their spring season, but their summer "wacko" and winter "howl" are both great too. if you like wheat beers, "circus boy" is really good too. That's all that I've had from them though
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2011, 01:35:44 PM »

I dont know if the best beer, but the best brand and I feel proud of holding the can, Australia rocks!

ciaran

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2011, 03:57:02 PM »
Best beer on earth.

Always found the Trappist beers hard to get into - either they're crazy fighting strong or just it's an acquired taste.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that shits good too.  Germans know what's up
[close]

Belgium, son.

This is my booze of choice.  Costs a fair bit in my neck of the woods, but it's worth paying a little more for quality and taste over the foul pisswater that is Stella, Heineken, Bud, etc.

Franziskaner, this will be useful for the european slap pals, not sure about usa.
I love weiss beers and this is my favourite, paulaner is my second choice, but franziskaner got an amazing taste really.

Always been a fan of this, Paulaner, Weihenstephaner and the like.  Bit more filling and I don't seem to get that bad a hangover the next day, which I'm guessing is down to the Rheinheitsgebot.

Picked up some of this when I was in Finland recently, tasted suprisingly good, even straight out of the can which is something new for wheat beers.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »

What are people's opinions on Lambics? I had lindemans framboise, which was interesting, but im interested in trying others

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »

I dont know if the best beer, but the best brand and I feel proud of holding the can, Australia rocks!

nobody drinks fosters in australia , most ppl dont even consider it frekkin australian ...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nobody drinks fosters in australia , most ppl dont even consider it frekkin australian ...
He's Spanish. They don't exactly have a lot to choose from when it comes to beer.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #368 on: October 09, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #369 on: October 09, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »
Haven't had one yet but just picked up a six of this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #370 on: October 09, 2011, 04:53:09 PM »

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #371 on: October 09, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that looks amazing

Dude its absolutely great. If you see it dont hesitate to pick it up.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
Just bumping this thread so it doesn't get lost.

This was on skate and annoy today.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »

No clue why, but I've never really liked Magic Hat. I do have mad respect for East Coast beers though so maybe I should give it another shot!
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »
They've had this on tap at my local bar lately. It's a really nice sour. If you're into that type of thing, definitely worth checking out.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »

every now and then, good things actually come out of orange county.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
Probably Olde English, but I'd drink almost anything that's not flat.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2011, 09:49:03 PM »

that's funny dude.  i'm actually from the OC originally.  a friend of mine told me about this place.  they have it on tap at a few places in LA.  the shit is good
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
So Burnside turned 21 this year, and is getting it's own beer.

http://espn.go.com/action/skateboarding/story/_/id/7237714/burnside-skatepark-teams-local-brewery-custom-beer

"It's something we're all interested in doing," says Jay Gilbert, a partner at the brewery, which opened its doors just 10 month ago. "Now we're in the process of wracking our brains for a beer style and doing some test batches. We're thinking something more aggressive, with a higher alcohol content and a full-hop style. And we're hoping by spring to get label approval to sell 22-ounce bottles in and around Portland at first, with [wider distribution after that]."
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #379 on: November 17, 2011, 12:03:28 PM »
Last time I was in Portland, Burnside already had it's own beer. They sold it as 18 packs of tall Bush cans for $10.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #380 on: November 18, 2011, 12:20:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's funny dude.?  i'm actually from the OC originally.?  a friend of mine told me about this place.?  they have it on tap at a few places in LA.?  the shit is good

yea i'm just messing dog, i grew up a few minutes from northern OC, and most of my homies are from the brea/placentia/fullerton area, so i say that all in jest.

but yes, the bruery is the real deal! check out their bottle shop in downtown orange. i'm always surprised how many "industry people" i've seen there (i'm talking skateboard, not film industry). total rich hipster trash, but you cant beat the  $3 beer & cheese flights.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Blumpkinz

• Rep: -46
  • I only post when drunk
« Reply #381 on: November 21, 2011, 06:24:57 PM »

Just got my first one of this tonight.  Made some homemade vegetarian chilli and monday night football with this has been one of the most enjoyable nights in awhile.  This is one of the best oatmeal stouts I have had.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #382 on: November 21, 2011, 08:27:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that's funny dude.?  i'm actually from the OC originally.?  a friend of mine told me about this place.?  they have it on tap at a few places in LA.?  the shit is good
[close]

yea i'm just messing dog, i grew up a few minutes from northern OC, and most of my homies are from the brea/placentia/fullerton area, so i say that all in jest.

but yes, the bruery is the real deal! check out their bottle shop in downtown orange. i'm always surprised how many "industry people" i've seen there (i'm talking skateboard, not film industry). total rich hipster trash, but you cant beat the  $3 beer & cheese flights.

i assure you i take no offense to dissing the OC.  there's plenty to diss.  it's a nice place to raise a family though and they have good taco places and my parents still live there.  i grew up in Fullerton
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #384 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:22 PM »
Looks like everyone is posting some exotic stuff. For me, you can't go wrong with

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #385 on: November 30, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »
Newcastle is so great.

picked up some of this the other day:

I just picked up a sixer of this (they had it at the 7-11 by my apartment, I was pleasantly surprised). I just cracked the first bottle and I'm already a huge fan.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #386 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
Been drinking Molsons a lot, and I dont know why.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #387 on: November 30, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
right outta Eureka, quite nice for a low ABV, a good daytime brew

sierra nevada and dogfish head made this one.... a really good brew

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #388 on: December 01, 2011, 04:15:59 AM »

Always an easy choice when at a bar and I just want something basic but still tasty.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #389 on: December 02, 2011, 01:30:13 PM »
I just bought a six pack of New Belgium's Trippel. It's brewed with coriander (I don't know exactly what coriander is but it sounds fancy) and it is fucking delicious. ABV's not super high (7.8%) and it's super mellow, so easy to drink. Plus it was on sale for like $6.98 which was awesome.