Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249348 times)

baroque_0bama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2760 on: September 28, 2015, 11:42:22 AM »
Anyone had this year Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada?? So good. Can't get enough of it.

Ah man, I need to get on that. My homies have been talking about it nonstop and I havent had a chance to check it out yet. It got a really good score on beer advocate too: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/183580/

EDIT: Been drinking so much modelo lately. Tall can or bust
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:44:03 AM by baroque_0bama »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2761 on: September 28, 2015, 12:46:06 PM »
Had Founder's octoberfest this weekend. Super good. Also picked up a bottle of 120 minute IPA

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #2762 on: October 25, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »
Havent been in this thread in a bit. Lets bump it. So Other Half is the shit. Yeah Jessie from carton brews there but its not carton. Ran into legal issues with some stuff, but the beer is coming and the shirts had to be tweaked. Its a long stressful process while working a fulltime job. As soon as I have something to produce ill throw it up on here. Also I have a follow up at the orthopedic center and hopefully I can start skating again come Tuesday. Cheers guys. Also this years Backwoods is fire! New barrels?

OldmanEpic

« Reply #2763 on: October 25, 2015, 11:50:32 AM »
The original Innus and Gunn is fuckin good!

Not a drink a 12 pack kind of beer but 3 or 4 with a bbq steak is fantastic

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2764 on: October 25, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »
I enjoy me some Innus.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2765 on: October 26, 2015, 05:41:36 AM »
Got my hands on some Carton Boat and Kane Head High, super excited to try both. I also tried Carton's Hop Pun and that beer was the truth man

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2766 on: October 26, 2015, 01:32:51 PM »
Got my hands on some Carton Boat and Kane Head High, super excited to try both. I also tried Carton's Hop Pun and that beer was the truth man

Hop Pun is ok, but I like Head High. I hope Kane starts canning their double ipa. Kanes Barrel aged stout is the truth.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2767 on: October 27, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »
This was incredible - Saison brewed with blood orange and lime. Traded a friend a supplication sour and he came back from VT with this:

Also got to visit Lagunitas, Woodfour & Russian River breweries when I went out to San Fran recently - Sonoma and Napa are unreal for beer and wine...got to finally have In-N-Out too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:06:22 PM by The Nose Face »

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2768 on: November 05, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »
Anyone going to the Other Half release this weekend?

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2769 on: November 06, 2015, 06:20:41 AM »
Anyone going to the Other Half release this weekend?
You know it.  I'll also be hitting up Barrier on the way back for the Daddy Warbucks/Oak-Aged Morticia release.  I've only had Daddy Warbucks once, but it blew my mind when I had it.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2770 on: November 06, 2015, 12:08:11 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=37201.msg2397307#msg2397307 date=1445997874
This was incredible - Saison brewed with blood orange and lime. Traded a friend a supplication sour and he came back from VT with this:

Also got to visit Lagunitas, Woodfour & Russian River breweries when I went out to San Fran recently - Sonoma and Napa are unreal for beer and wine...got to finally have In-N-Out too.

Just had one of these two weeks ago after a buddy and I drank one of these:

Glad you made it out here. Woodfour fucking rules, those my dudes!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2771 on: November 06, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »
My wife went to the Cantillon brewery. I hate her.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2772 on: November 06, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »
Bought a six pack of Yuengling IPL ( Inida Pale Lager) and its pretty darn good, i mean Yuengling can do no wrong

pancake man

« Reply #2773 on: November 06, 2015, 07:06:46 PM »
Go to a local beer store and talk to the folks about trying something new, but coming from a position of drinking whatever beer you typically drink. They should be able to lead you in a fairly decent direction. If you wanna go on your own I would say start with pilsners or something of the like. They have more flavor than say Bud, Miller, Coors, but at the same time they won't assault your taste buds. From there, the world is your oyster

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2774 on: November 06, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »
Recently I've been getting into James Squire's porter "The Jack of Spades", really good beer but I didn't know beer could get that dark haha, almost looks like cola

Fine Young Cannibal

« Reply #2775 on: November 07, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »
Good lord the Other Half release was a nightmare.

pancake man

« Reply #2776 on: November 08, 2015, 04:00:41 AM »
That's what I heard, but at least the beer was decent?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2777 on: November 08, 2015, 07:11:02 AM »
Fuck everyone at the Other Half release who was not ok with a one four pack limit. Fucking pure greediness. Waited in line for four hours and they felt so bad for everyone who didn't get any that they have everyone who actually stayed one can and tapped it. I'm fucking beyond annoyed I only got one can an I'm at every fucking release. There's no excuse for greed like that. They had enough to give everyone in line one four pack. It's bullshit that people can't let everyone else try something. Can't wait for the next release (and here's the kicker) and 80% of those people are not there.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #2778 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:31 AM »
I tried mus knuckle last night and it was pretty good!

Would drink again

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2779 on: November 08, 2015, 08:24:17 AM »
That's what I heard, but at least the beer was decent?

The beer was awesome imo. I was really stoked that after all those greedy beer hoarding assholes left and the taproom cleared they tapped a keg of it because they felt bad people were going home empty. Needless to say I got smashed and was super bitter.

Fine Young Cannibal

« Reply #2780 on: November 08, 2015, 08:44:45 AM »
The whole atmosphere surrounding yesterday's can release sucked.  Professional line-sitters, line-cutters, people openly drinking/smoking weed on line, etc..  Definitely a lot more tense than usual.  I'm glad I got my share, but I'm even happier that it's over.  Lesson learned.  I'm sticking to their regular releases from now on.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2781 on: November 08, 2015, 09:07:58 AM »
The whole atmosphere surrounding yesterday's can release sucked.  Professional line-sitters, line-cutters, people openly drinking/smoking weed on line, etc..  Definitely a lot more tense than usual.  I'm glad I got my share, but I'm even happier that it's over.  Lesson learned.  I'm sticking to their regular releases from now on.

Im going to go to every release like I have from the beginning. They took notice yesterday at what was going on so expect the releases to be different. They were bummed on a lot of people who came for that beer. I was really stoked when they tapped a keg that they weren't supposed to.  Im seriously so bitter about yesterday because I fucking love beer and as much as I wanted 3 four packs I was willing to walk away with just 1 so everyone else could enjoy it. Also fuck the people who like brought extended family and shit and the guys that bought 6 glasses each.

pancake man

« Reply #2782 on: November 08, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »
Yeah Neckbeards suck.

That said, I'm sitting out on my deck watching my wort boil and drinking a can of Head High by Kane Brewing. Doing a saison/ farmhouse that should get an ounce of galaxy at whirlpool. Wanted to use Wyeast French Saison, but the shop only had Belgian. \_(ツ)_/

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2783 on: November 08, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »
Yeah Neckbeards suck.

That said, I'm sitting out on my deck watching my wort boil and drinking a can of Head High by Kane Brewing. Doing a saison/ farmhouse that should get an ounce of galaxy at whirlpool. Wanted to use Wyeast French Saison, but the shop only had Belgian. \_(ツ)_/

whoa I like your style.

yapple dapple

« Reply #2784 on: November 08, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »
I'm a whiskey type of guy. For beer though I got to go with VB. Those OZ know what to do with booze.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:47:09 PM by yapple dapple »

pancake man

« Reply #2785 on: November 08, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah Neckbeards suck.

[close]

whoa I like your style.

Decided to go with dry hopping instead and by decided I mean I missed my temperature mark for whirlpooling
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:26:47 PM by pancake man »

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2786 on: November 08, 2015, 03:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah Neckbeards suck.

[close]

whoa I like your style.
[close]

Decided to go with dry hopping instead and by decided I mean I missed my temperature mark for whirlpooling

I'm doing a saisony thing next week too. 7lbs Belgian Pale malt, 3lbs White Wheat, 1lb Acidulated Malt. Gonna split it into 3 fermentations one with White Labs Saison I, one with the same plus Giga Yeast Lacto, and a final with the above two and some limes.
Was going to brew today but ended up spending all morning setting up my new plate chiller :/

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2787 on: November 08, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »
i wanted to start home brewing again, but i'm concerned everything will get moldy as fuck in this moist environment. i miss it.

pancake man

« Reply #2788 on: November 09, 2015, 10:39:53 AM »
Buy your ingredients the day off or before your brew day, and then store them in the fridge. That should protect you against mold for dry goods. Making sure everything is clean before, during, and after should make you golden

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2789 on: November 12, 2015, 12:33:50 AM »
ayyyye my internet beer buds are back! i just discovered the brewing network podcasts so have been listening to those a ton. i hope to get out to the hop grenade in concord soon. did the firestone tour back in sept and picked up a bottle of Krieky bones. should i let it age in my fridge or is it better in my closet? anyway, i convinced my boss two weeks ago to buy a case of born yesterday and i got two sixers from it(the day after it released). went to berkeley last saturday and found a liquor store with sixers so bought one more. i was so bummed i missed it last year and almost thought i was going to this year. glad i didnt. just finishing one up right now, might try the Toaster Pastry from 21st thats in the fridge next. i really wanna try homebrewing but live in an apartment and completely have no idea where to start or if it would really be feasible or safe to do with my 3 year old around. few others ive had recently:
Tioga Seqouia Mt. Whitney XPA - damn good
Almanac Citra Sour - incredible
Brown Shugga - still tasty, still dangerous
Libertine Brewery in Morro Bay Pomegranate sour porter - fucking incredible

My wife went to the Cantillon brewery. I hate her.
so do i. cheers guys!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH