Author Topic: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread  (Read 49902 times)

THRILL_HOUSE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • Hope the plane don't crash
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
Things that stood out from the crazy SF premiere Nancy the manicurist mentioned...(spoilers)

The intros.  Everyone had a custom claymation intro that seemed to be based on inside jokes.  Shane rolling a joint with a crab on a beach and Rune feeding himself and a snake lots of mushrooms before being sucked into a hole in space.  Too specific to be random, I thought.  I enjoyed all of them and it reminded me of Johnny Rotten doing the intros for the original Sorry. 

Shane's part was all hammers.  The way he stomps his tricks and yet remains smooth is amazing.  Perfect nollie flip down a giant four stood out.  Jake Duncombe inherited his style.

Rowley 50-50 stalls a ledge that seems to be taller than he is, coming off of maybe a tiny three foot bump.  Seemed to be feeling his board even more than usual, throwing in casual big spins / 360s on flat right after giant rails/gaps.  Shane and Rowley made for a perfect intro.  Backside ollie off a platform into a huuuuuuge bank as ender.   

Louie Lopez...played to a silent theater that was otherwise cheering the whole time (and besides Curren Caples).  Maybe in five or six years this kid will be fun to watch.

Rodrigo...how I envy you.  Music so bad it was almost unintentionally funny, but the skating made up for it.  Kickflip front crook the top of the barcelona tables and switch flip back smith.  Bs 180 switch front crooks a table to a rick flip down some stairs immediately after (i think) (same spot Rick Howard had his fakie 50 to switch nose manual fakie flip out ender in fully flared).  This part went by way too fast and I want to see it again.   

Entertaining Boulala shit...switch back 50 to shove it off a ledge to drop stuck perfectly.  I like when he does random tech shit / switch tricks perfectly.  Well rounded stuff, and lots of ollies into giant banks. 

Luan...pleasure to watch skating progress with a part like this.  Reminded me of first seeing Rodrigo in the Es video or PJ Ladd in pj's whl...obviously gifted/freakishly natural.  Three flip a gap to crooks a ledge.  Some kind of combo trick (maybe half cab heel noseslide) to landing in a nose manual on a sidewalk, nollie big spin out with complete ease.  Hauling ass switch 360 flips in lines.  Switch crooks up a ledge to fakie big flip out last trick.

Bob is crazy.  Reminds me of a writer/artist or anyone talented who you hate as a person, but you have to respect the stuff they produce.  Front side full cab from the deck of a 30 foot vert ramp into the transition.  Every kind of back tail big spin variation.  Mega ramp switch madness. 

Rune was amazing.  His part was a little too short for me, and a lot of it was already in Thrasher. 

Lance was one of my favorite parts.  Entire part in a single pool, but he destroys every inch of it and brings in some crazy obstacles.  Hippy jump over the ladder was a crowd pleaser. 

Penny...Penny!  Damn you for not spending a little more time on your board.  By this point I started getting the feeling that the older generation of Flip skaters were either getting less attention than the new guys, or they just aren't trying as hard.  Penny obviously still has the talent, but it looked like he had to work hard for most tricks.  Some tricks (nollie bs 360 flip off a bump) seemed more comfortable than others, like maybe he was going through periods of skating a lot more etc.

Appleyard was a crowd pleaser.  I wanted more from his part, and I wanted it to be the ender.  Maybe it went by too fast, but it seemed like most of the stuff was old or from interviews.  Nollie bigger spin off a bump over a trash can was flawless, as was everything else.

David Gonzales...seems like he looks up to Rowley.  You can see him mimic his style a bit.  Kickflip feeble to front 180 out a big rail was awesome. 

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »
i've got a bootleg camera file of shane cross' part.  quality is so bad i can hardly see what is going on but i can tell the nosegrind on el toro footage is in there, two different angles.  sick. 

PsychOut

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »
bootlegg shane part on youtube pretty shit, hard to make out whats wat, i see nosegrind el toro in there nollie flip, smiths...

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2009, 06:14:16 PM »
like most big movies, seems like there was tons of stuff(ads, mag articles etc) that didnt end up in the movie. that rowley cover wasnt in it i think. neither was his half cab heel into the same bank he bs 360's into(which was hugely dissapointing after seeing that cover). appleyards big flip down macba wasnt in it, nor was that kickflip 5-0 nosebonk thing on that hubba. or heelflip body varial bump to bar, probably lots more. rowleys impossibly 50-50 wasnt there either, must be more? tom pennys switch backside flip that big four block?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

hate on you

• Rep: -15
  • freak
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 07:30:34 PM »
like most big movies, seems like there was tons of stuff(ads, mag articles etc) that didnt end up in the movie. that rowley cover wasnt in it i think. neither was his half cab heel into the same bank he bs 360's into(which was hugely dissapointing after seeing that cover). appleyards big flip down macba wasnt in it, nor was that kickflip 5-0 nosebonk thing on that hubba. or heelflip body varial bump to bar, probably lots more. rowleys impossibly 50-50 wasnt there either, must be more? tom pennys switch backside flip that big four block?

anything of appleyard that wasnt in this will most likely been in his united by fate part

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2009, 09:22:56 PM »
the footage in the video was amazing....but the production of it was horrible......it felt childish like an Almost video...except worse....such a step down from their last videos....instead of johnny rotten introducing people its lame claymation cartoons that came straight from the mind of some kook....I really wanted to like this video but the soundtrack is unbareable.....It's such a shame that amazing skaters work so hard to make a video and then some shitty editor/producers puts together a half-assed video in really bad taste....actually it wasn't half-assed....it looks more like a lot of effort was made to make this video shitty.....They should have just handed this project over to French Fred again.....it would have made for one hell of a video

anyway......Burnquist isn't human......one of the most epic parts I've seen in a long time

Poor Folk

• Rep: 3
  • 99.9%
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 10:12:53 PM »
Lance was one of my favorite parts.  Entire part in a single pool, but he destroys every inch of it and brings in some crazy obstacles.  Hippy jump over the ladder was a crowd pleaser. 

That Hippy-jump, and one of the inverts that he did that was completely boned out (If someone with knowledge of handplant variations could fill me in as to what exactly this one was called that would be cool) were two huge crowd pleasers at the Toronto premiere. I thought it was wild the way that his part was laid out to be like 'A Day at Lances', with the opening cruise and then it was as if his entire part was just a daily session. That thought that went in to planning that part alone made it one of my personal favorites.

Other than Lances part, standouts included Rodrigo really shocking the hell out of me with his entire part, and I wasn't expecting that level of technical expertise out of Luan. All in all the whole video came together nicely and I thought the titles were a really nice touch, although a couple people I talked to afterward weren't so psyched on the whole thing and didn't really see how they fit in. Well done, Flip!

Edit: I completely forgot to mention how psyched everyone was on Bob's part. That shit was mind blowing and before that I'd never really been stoked on a completely vert part!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:14:49 PM by Poor Folk »

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »
tonight's premiere couldn't have been mobetta.

wow.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:39 PM »
tonight's premiere couldn't have been mobetta.

wow.
i'm sorry for finding that cologne in the bathroom and spraying it on you. that was uncalled for and no one deserved to smell like a clubber, especially a handsome gentleman such as yourself. i just felt intimidated that you had a better rap shirt on.

shared a glass of wine with rowley tonight which was hilarious and his part started with him shooting a fucking cougar. rowley, appleyard, and the vov had the best parts. the clay mation ruined it for me though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:55:18 PM by busey »
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Carolozoo

• carolozoo avatar image
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »
how was arto's part?

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2009, 11:43:51 PM »
how was arto's part?

awesome (as expected). They recycled a few clips from his Mind Field part (you know, the video his current board sponsor released a few months back), but all in all, it was pretty rad.

Mackattack

« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2009, 11:58:18 PM »
Im sure Vov will be back on the boards soon enough...

Carolozoo

• carolozoo avatar image
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »
Expand Quote
how was arto's part?
[close]

awesome (as expected). They recycled a few clips from his Mind Field part (you know, the video his current board sponsor released a few months back), but all in all, it was pretty rad.

Thanks. I heard he backlipped a kinked rail.

PsychOut

« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2009, 03:15:13 AM »

appleyards heelflip body varial was in the best united by fate montage

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2009, 03:59:00 AM »
Man that was good!!!  Every part was good.  I can't say that I have a definite favorite part but Bob's stood out the most... That was some next level shit right there.

I wish it wasn't raining when the movie premiered last night in Toronto, because man did I ever want to go skate after!!

« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2009, 04:32:52 AM »
Cant wait for a new Penny part! When will it drop on dvd?

PsychOut

clicketyclack

• Rep: -5
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2009, 05:56:39 AM »
I think someone said it best on here a little while back:

The footage will be sick but the editing/music/production will let it down.  Previous flip videos did the same for me...

It is sounding more and more that this might be so...

Still hyped to see this though.  Let's see it already then.

RonBurgundy

• Rep: -40
  • from a whale's vagina
« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2009, 07:02:00 AM »
when I first saw really sorry I felt the exact same thing about music and editing.
after a while I got used to it and I kinda like it nowdays.
I think is just beacus the original sorry is sooo good on editing and music, it gets kinda hard to be up with it. even with better skating.

Still super syched to see ExSo

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2009, 07:32:46 AM »
Was really sick. So hyped to see Shanes nosegrind el toro and other footage. Rowley, TX, Appleyard and David Gonzales parts stood out to me. Luan's part was super tech and good too. Vov's on some next level shit on that mega ramp, and didn't help convince me he's not using magnets.

Wasn't feeling the claymation skits in betweeen, they were lame and not funny. And I don't know what to say about the music, I don't even know what it was.....no comment.

Great skating, shitty format.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65231
  • Team -65K
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2009, 08:05:04 AM »
To the dudes that have already seen it, how would you compare it to, f.i., Fully Flared?

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2009, 11:34:43 AM »
i'm sorry for finding that cologne in the bathroom and spraying it on you. that was uncalled for and no one deserved to smell like a clubber, especially a handsome gentleman such as yourself. i just felt intimidated that you had a better rap shirt on.

shared a glass of wine with rowley tonight which was hilarious and his part started with him shooting a fucking cougar. rowley, appleyard, and the vov had the best parts. the clay mation ruined it for me though.

I smelled like week old testicles all night from that. Thanks.

very_undude

• Shacked
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2009, 12:56:30 PM »

, and one of the inverts that he did that was completely boned out (If someone with knowledge of handplant variations could fill me in as to what exactly this one was called that would be cool)

haven't seen the vid yet but knowledge of Lance and his invert skills i am going to guess a stalled out tweaked out sad plant.  back leg super tucked front leg locked straight grabbing indy.  easily one of the most stylish ones in the business.  can't wait for this shit to drop just for Lance and rowley alone.
im in college, so yes im looking to buy a place

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2009, 01:02:59 PM »
To the dudes that have already seen it, how would you compare it to, f.i., Fully Flared?
From what I've heard, it seems like a better comparison would be to Nothing but the Truth; this video could have been fucking beautiful, instead it's only pretty.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2009, 03:16:27 PM »
Best part by far was the part when the fat 15 year old got him, and his skinny 15 year old friend kicked out of the premiere. Then, the skinny one cried in front of the whole line, and the fat one tried to get them in by telling to security guard to look at his friends tears.

RonBurgundy

• Rep: -40
  • from a whale's vagina
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
Best part by far was the part when the fat 15 year old got him, and his skinny 15 year old friend kicked out of the premiere. Then, the skinny one cried in front of the whole line, and the fat one tried to get them in by telling to security guard to look at his friends tears.

shit!
I would miss the video just to see that one

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
From what I've heard, it seems like a better comparison would be to Nothing but the Truth; this video could have been fucking beautiful, instead it's only pretty.
If that is true, I then I am going to be pretty disappointed. I had so much hype for the NIKE vid and that had to be one of the biggest let downs of that year.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2009, 04:45:02 PM »
 the house fell apart when bobs part was playing.
mo fucker skates mega rail like a flatbar

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

the hips dont lie

• Rep: 0
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »
how was arto's part?
not as good as Bastien Salabanzi and Alex Chalmers parts

PsychOut

« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
how was arto's part?
[close]
not as good as Bastien Salabanzi and Alex Chalmers parts

why did chalmers get the boot from flip? always liked that guy

what was bastien? too much drugs and guitar?

i have heard 5 different stories, anyone wanna set it straight
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:45:53 PM by PsychOut »