Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 371369 times)

ungzilla

Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1230 on: November 05, 2018, 02:58:39 PM »
the chopski

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1231 on: November 05, 2018, 04:28:19 PM »

exiled

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #1232 on: November 08, 2018, 01:51:04 PM »
This is my first post on slap. I'm 29 and old and decided to build up a cruiser.

I might be the only person actually skating their Strangelove deck. I love the weird ass shape of this thing. I think it's technically like an 8.625 at it's widest point and tapers down to 8.5 with a kinda squared off nose.

Strangelove "Jesus Saves"
on 149 Indy Reynolds Hollows w/ the baseplate from regular forged hollows.
Indy 1/8" shock pads.
Bones Hardcore bushings (hard on the bottom and medium on top, though I might switch out to all hard bushings cause I'm getting some slight wheel bite)
OJ Super Juice wheels
Bones Swiss bearings

This thing hauls ass, I'll say that much.

I updated my setup with some OJ Hot Juice 55mm Minis and it feels so much lighter and more agile for throwing some ollies and flippy stuff. Almost even feels faster for some reason... probably cause the whole setup is lighter. Anyway, I think I like them better, we'll see how long they last. Apparently they're not super durable. 55mm Super Juice would be the shit tho... just sayin. Obviously wheel-bite issue is gone now, too.

I also want to say that the feel of this Strangelove shape (I think it's called the Counterpoint) with the concave and everything is really god darn nice for some cruising... I measured it and it's not 8.625 like they say it is... it's actually 8.5 above the front trucks and 8.25 above the back trucks.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:01:26 PM by exiled »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1233 on: November 08, 2018, 03:07:39 PM »
whats the go with ricta cloud 92As, i want some 52s for a cruiser im putting together and with 55mm kryptonics the thing feels like a slug

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1234 on: November 09, 2018, 02:24:40 AM »
the chopski

Damn, I just set up the same exact Chromeball x Scumco deck! Found it on eBay for cheap, and have always been a fan of the skatenerdery of Chromeball. Set up with 56mm ADHD Spits and some of those axel-less all Titanium Theeves that I forgot I had tried and quickly switched away from and put them in a box like 5 years ago. (Titanium hanger doesn't grind well. Sticky on any sort of metal coping. So good enough for a super light cruiser I guess!)

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #1235 on: November 09, 2018, 09:36:57 AM »

Inspired by Gleaming the Cube and some scrap aluminum. I cut the shape,kicked a slight tail, and jewelled the bottom. Mounted up some Indy's,slipped on some OG OJ wheels with a mix of bearings and it's good to go. The diamond plate is glued on,I was going to weld it but it'd change the metal structure and probably crack eventually. This thing works good as a weapon and slappies.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1236 on: November 09, 2018, 03:11:55 PM »

Inspired by Gleaming the Cube and some scrap aluminum. I cut the shape,kicked a slight tail, and jewelled the bottom. Mounted up some Indy's,slipped on some OG OJ wheels with a mix of bearings and it's good to go. The diamond plate is glued on,I was going to weld it but it'd change the metal structure and probably crack eventually. This thing works good as a weapon and slappies.
Cool! Let me just put my pads on and i'll join the sesh!  ;D

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1237 on: November 09, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »
The wheels are huge and soft so they take most of the shake away from shitty ground. The deck is solid so it flexs like a regular wood deck

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1238 on: November 09, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
That is insane! Looks very cool. Not 100% sold on the functionality of it though.  :)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1239 on: November 09, 2018, 11:15:47 PM »
It gets me to the liquor store and back,that's all I needed haha

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #1240 on: November 10, 2018, 12:06:42 AM »
that thing looks sick, xavier.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1241 on: November 10, 2018, 12:55:39 AM »
Just be careful to not slip out and shoot that thing in some one’s leg, that sharp nose looks like it can make some serious damage😬
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1242 on: November 11, 2018, 02:55:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Cool! Let me just put my pads on and i'll join the sesh!  ;D

I think your mental

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1243 on: December 01, 2018, 07:38:25 AM »

This board will probably get me killed but oh well. 10 incher I got from a buddy with 149s and some crumbly bois.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:43:10 AM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Avon

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1244 on: December 01, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »
whats the go with ricta cloud 92As, i want some 52s for a cruiser im putting together and with 55mm kryptonics the thing feels like a slug

I just bought some 72a ricta clouds in 52mm and they're great. They only sacrifice you make is powersliding but I'm starting to realize how much more I like soft wheels. I even like the sound better.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1245 on: December 01, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just bought some 72a ricta clouds in 52mm and they're great. They only sacrifice you make is powersliding but I'm starting to realize how much more I like soft wheels. I even like the sound better.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1246 on: December 01, 2018, 02:05:17 PM »

I have the 54mm 92a ricta's, and personally am not a huge fan—not what I was looking for. To me, they're not soft enough to get a nice and smooth cruiser ride. Have also been unsuccessfully trying to powerslide on them, but that's probably me sucking at it. I still use them regularly tho hahah. I also have 90a 53s C-cut mini logos that I really enjoy for cruising. Been thinking of getting a 55mm A-cut set of those, 54 Keyframes, or even 56 g-slides in the future. We'll see... not like i need new wheels.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1247 on: December 01, 2018, 11:24:33 PM »
Keyframes are amazing. I've got 54 mm ones on one of my cruisers and they're seriously the best cruiser wheels I've tried. Won't slide but that's just how it is. Got 60 mm 78A Ricta Clouds on another cruiser and those fuckers roll over anything pretty much but they're a bit big for my liking as I'm used to 54 mm wheels. Also using 1/8th inch risers with them. Spitfire 80HD cruiser wheels suck compared to Keyframes. Got a set of 54 mm ones on my rain cruiser and compared to the Keyframes, they're hard as fuck but still won't slide any better. With the Keyframes you're chillin' and with the Spitfires you're constantly pushing.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1248 on: December 02, 2018, 01:00:53 AM »
Keyframes sound like the best option for a cruiser wheel that isn't too big or wide. If you don't mind a chunkier wheel however, the Powell 85a 60mm Bombers actually slide pretty well, mine are at about 55-56mm now and no flatspots.

switchbs180

« Reply #1249 on: December 02, 2018, 10:04:49 AM »

stoked on my cruiser

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1250 on: December 26, 2018, 04:32:20 AM »
Keyframes are amazing. I've got 54 mm ones on one of my cruisers and they're seriously the best cruiser wheels I've tried. Won't slide but that's just how it is. Got 60 mm 78A Ricta Clouds on another cruiser and those fuckers roll over anything pretty much but they're a bit big for my liking as I'm used to 54 mm wheels. Also using 1/8th inch risers with them. Spitfire 80HD cruiser wheels suck compared to Keyframes. Got a set of 54 mm ones on my rain cruiser and compared to the Keyframes, they're hard as fuck but still won't slide any better. With the Keyframes you're chillin' and with the Spitfires you're constantly pushing.
Have you ever tried Bones atf’s? I have those on my current cruiser and would like to know how keyframes are compared to those? Gonna build new cruiser for next summer and those keyframes got my attention...

It sucks getting old.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1251 on: December 26, 2018, 06:02:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you ever tried Bones atf’s? I have those on my current cruiser and would like to know how keyframes are compared to those? Gonna build new cruiser for next summer and those keyframes got my attention...

I haven't. I've heard that they don't last though. Chipping and whatnot. The dude at Dylan's Trading told me that it's the only wheel he's gotten complaints from and has sent them back to get replacements, which they've honoured though. Heard from someone else too that they just don't last. I think it was the core separating from the wheel or something like that. Can't remember exactly. I was interested in trying them out to compare to my Keyframes but hearing all this made me not want to try them anymore.

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1252 on: December 26, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »

fwiw i don't have trouble sliding my keyframes, especially after they wore in. much prefer them to my bones rough riders and oj super juices. although maybe there is a distinction to be made about a true slide versus reverts or quick scrubbing slides to slow down
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:50:55 AM by nooky »
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1253 on: December 27, 2018, 12:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I haven't. I've heard that they don't last though. Chipping and whatnot. The dude at Dylan's Trading told me that it's the only wheel he's gotten complaints from and has sent them back to get replacements, which they've honoured though. Heard from someone else too that they just don't last. I think it was the core separating from the wheel or something like that. Can't remember exactly. I was interested in trying them out to compare to my Keyframes but hearing all this made me not want to try them anymore.
I must have gotten good batch cuz my atf’s are atleast 8years old and I’ve beaten the shit out of them, they were originally 55/56mm (can’t even remember anymore 😄) and now somewhere around 50mm I guess...

It sucks getting old.

baggy spandex

« Reply #1254 on: January 06, 2019, 11:40:39 PM »

Polar Dane1 shape
Indy 159s
OJ hot juice
Bones reds
mini logo risers
Shorty's hardware
mob

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1255 on: January 07, 2019, 06:19:22 AM »
Polar, Indys, I really don’t remember the details

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1256 on: January 07, 2019, 08:43:36 AM »
New liquor store rig.

9" sample, Indy 159s, OJIIIs. Fun as heck.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1257 on: January 07, 2019, 11:49:44 AM »

That looks really great

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1258 on: January 12, 2019, 08:51:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That looks really great

Thanks dawg. It’s fun.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.