Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 371296 times)

JudoOrigami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -90
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1500 on: April 13, 2020, 03:11:09 AM »
Heroin big Egg
Indy 159s
Ricta Clouds
4 bones swiss 4 bones big balls
Jessup Grip

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #1501 on: April 13, 2020, 03:12:53 AM »
theres a pic of it in my ugliest shoes thread, just posted that pic to show my imgur pic posting strategy always works not to show off my crappy shoe collection

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #1502 on: April 13, 2020, 02:11:49 PM »
Expand Quote

That thing is tight. Past couple pages inspired me to pull this one out.

Using it as my dogwalking set up for now.
[close]

It looks like it has a little kicktail?

If so, it's a G&S standardflex kicktail 27" from 1976. A rare board, could be worth a bit.

That was quick! Impressive. Was trying to find the exact year. Yeah it has a lil kicktail, was my uncs and he gifted it to me when I was younger.  Part of me feels like I should keep it preserved on the wall but the other part of me is stoked that a 44 year old toy can still provide so much fun. Amazed the bushings haven’t turned to dust.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1503 on: April 13, 2020, 04:05:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That thing is tight. Past couple pages inspired me to pull this one out.

Using it as my dogwalking set up for now.
[close]

It looks like it has a little kicktail?

If so, it's a G&S standardflex kicktail 27" from 1976. A rare board, could be worth a bit.
[close]

That was quick! Impressive. Was trying to find the exact year. Yeah it has a lil kicktail, was my uncs and he gifted it to me when I was younger.  Part of me feels like I should keep it preserved on the wall but the other part of me is stoked that a 44 year old toy can still provide so much fun. Amazed the bushings haven’t turned to dust.
I'd be torn on what to do with that thing too. I'm sure it's worth $$$ but the sentimental value and fun factor.. yeah, I'd use it to roll around but just being careful to not run into stuff.

On a side note..
I've got a hand me down Powell Quicktail 69cm. Yep, the aluminum one with a tiny kick tail.
Fairly good condition, still has griptape. Anyone know what it's worth?

« Reply #1504 on: April 14, 2020, 07:00:01 AM »

I'd be torn on what to do with that thing too. I'm sure it's worth $$$ but the sentimental value and fun factor.. yeah, I'd use it to roll around but just being careful to not run into stuff.

On a side note..
I've got a hand me down Powell Quicktail 69cm. Yep, the aluminum one with a tiny kick tail.

The Quicktails are worth more than the more common Quicksilvers, which were a slalom board with no kicktail. The only one that's sold when I search on USA Ebay went for an offer less than $700, but can't see the exact amount. It had the original Bones wheels from the 70s, and Trackers, which would probably go for around $200 max, so it's got to be a $300 deck, and the Ebay one wasn't in very good condition.

Are you in France, I think I recall you are? Not as many collectors there. I used to follow French Ebay and buy stuff that I could sell for more in the UK, where there's a bigger market. Need to stick on Ebay USA to get the best price.

legion

« Reply #1505 on: April 18, 2020, 01:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote

On a side note..
[close]

The Quicktails are worth more than the more common Quicksilvers, which were a slalom board with no kicktail. The only one that's sold when I search on USA Ebay went for an offer less than $700, but can't see the exact amount. It had the original Bones wheels from the 70s, and Trackers, which would probably go for around $200 max, so it's got to be a $300 deck, and the Ebay one wasn't in very good condition.

Are you in France, I think I recall you are? Not as many collectors there. I used to follow French Ebay and buy stuff that I could sell for more in the UK, where there's a bigger market. Need to stick on Ebay USA to get the best price.
Oh nice! Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure but I know collector prices are pretty crazy so was hoping for a $200-300. I'm in the states so ebay looks like the thing to do.
The marks from the trucks are weird. I need to check again but I remember it being more diamond shaped.
I wanna try it out to see how stiff it is. Narrowest trucks I have are 129's so it's gonna look ugly. I'll try to get pics.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1506 on: April 18, 2020, 10:16:48 AM »
Expand Quote
I live in Malmö, Sweden. No hills at all here. Is there a big difference between 78D and 80D wheels? Thinking about Spitfire 80D and I just want to go fast but of course I need those powerslides.
[close]
80D sucks, stay away from those. Get some Ricta clouds.
What duro clouds you recommend. I have 80d on my Cruiser and I’m not super stoked on them

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1507 on: April 18, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I live in Malmö, Sweden. No hills at all here. Is there a big difference between 78D and 80D wheels? Thinking about Spitfire 80D and I just want to go fast but of course I need those powerslides.
[close]
80D sucks, stay away from those. Get some Ricta clouds.
[close]
What duro clouds you recommend. I have 80d on my Cruiser and I’m not super stoked on them

You're not going to power slide on Rictas unless it's the 101a. Those are still pretty hard for cruising. If you want a nice ride,but want to break loose on slides, find something around 97a durometer.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1508 on: April 18, 2020, 01:04:57 PM »
I've power slid Ricta 86as... Any wheel slides with the right speed and beer gut....

JB77

« Reply #1509 on: April 18, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »
Posted my Hosoi a while back, but here’s my Welly, too...

legion

« Reply #1510 on: April 18, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »

Rockin Indy's with a Tracker sticker?
You tryin ta catch a beatdown?

JB77

« Reply #1511 on: April 18, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Lol, not too worried about that happening...   ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 04:26:30 PM by JB77 »

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1512 on: April 18, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »

Yeah Per!

legion

« Reply #1513 on: April 18, 2020, 04:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Lol, not too worried about that happening...   ;)
Dude! Cruisin for a bruisin!! ;)
Haha
I only say it cuz I'm guessing you're also old enough to remember the good ol'days..
RIP GROSSO

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #1514 on: April 20, 2020, 04:23:12 AM »

Dug this one back out.

G&S Peralta Warptail reissue
Tracker slalom trucks
Bennett wheels

Ride this around a bowl and your respect for Alva and the other pool pioneers jumps a few notches

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1515 on: April 20, 2020, 04:25:10 AM »

Dug this one back out.

Tracker slalom trucks
Bennett wheels

Ride this around a bowl and your respect for Alva and the other pool pioneers jumps a few notches

Beautiful
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1516 on: April 20, 2020, 10:21:26 AM »
Dug this thing out today. I found it in my grandparents basement almost 20 years ago. It was probably my Uncle’s. I used to bomb hills on this thing all the time. I’ll let my daughter take it out for a spin now. Bennet Trucks and Roadrider wheels.

« Reply #1517 on: April 20, 2020, 10:38:13 AM »
Dug this thing out today. I found it in my grandparents basement almost 20 years ago. It was probably my Uncle’s. I used to bomb hills on this thing all the time. I’ll let my daughter take it out for a spin now. Bennet Trucks and Roadrider wheels.

Nice. Those were the first ever Santa Cruz decks, back in 1975. Looks to be a 24". Also those Bennett Hijackers were the first ever trucks made for skateboarding. Previously everyone used roller-skate trucks like Chicago, X-caliber and Sure Grip.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1518 on: April 20, 2020, 10:42:55 AM »
Whoa! That's awesome. Thanks for the info.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1519 on: April 20, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »
these 70s setups are so freaking rad. thx for sharing the stoke
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1520 on: April 22, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »

Been looking for a use for this deck, it’s way too flat to be functional, bought it to skate as my every day board but just couldn’t do it.

Almost 10”
Ace 55
1/8 Riser
OJ Hot Juice 60mm

Looking to add another riser, just need longer hardware and all the local shops are shut.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #1521 on: April 22, 2020, 10:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice. Those were the first ever Santa Cruz decks, back in 1975. Looks to be a 24". Also those Bennett Hijackers were the first ever trucks made for skateboarding. Previously everyone used roller-skate trucks like Chicago, X-caliber and Sure Grip.

Holy shit man. I don't know if I'd want to hold onto that or see what I could get for it but that's a great relic!

JB77

« Reply #1522 on: April 23, 2020, 02:34:13 AM »

Dug this one back out.

Tracker slalom trucks
Bennett wheels

This is the raddest.  Stacy Peralta gets the respect he deserves as a filmmaker and team manager, but is underrated as a skateboarder, imo.  Cool setup.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #1523 on: April 29, 2020, 09:57:28 AM »
Made my own with an old deck, found trucks, Key Frame wheels and 1/2 risers. Santa bought my kids 27” Penny boards but he knew I would just make my own.

https://m.imgur.com/a/jfAwD0t

First time using Imgur don’t know how to post the picture on the page.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:00:37 AM by GardenSkater77 »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1524 on: April 29, 2020, 11:35:48 AM »
Made my own with an old deck, found trucks, Key Frame wheels and 1/2 risers. Santa bought my kids 27” Penny boards but he knew I would just make my own.

sick setup. satan definitely hooked it up
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

animalflesh

« Reply #1525 on: April 29, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #1526 on: April 29, 2020, 05:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
sick setup. satan definitely hooked it up

satan always does?

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1527 on: May 06, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »

I had this Northern Co/ Push collbabo deck lying around and also these Abec 11 wheels. 65mm 75a...
Always wanted to try 109s. So I got some today and set this thing up. Turns unreal.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1528 on: May 06, 2020, 02:20:45 PM »
love me a good collbabo

nice ride. how long is it?
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1529 on: May 06, 2020, 02:36:41 PM »
29" Long overall. 14.25" wheel base. Tiny almost flat nose. This thing is unstable in a wonderful way. No wheel bite with the 109s and 1/4" risers.