Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 371203 times)

FrozenIndustries

Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1530 on: May 06, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »

AH Brown Bomber
Powell Rib Bone rail
Ace 44
Krooked 1/8" risers
OJ Keyframes 56mm

This board and I didn't get along, but I love the shape so I set it up as a cruiser.

I said it before, but seeing all these smaller 70s-style setups gets me so psyched. Hoping to set one up in the coming months.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:52:33 PM by FrozenIndustries »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1531 on: May 06, 2020, 04:25:11 PM »

AH Brown Bomber
Powell Rib Bone rail
Ace 44
Krooked 1/8" risers
OJ Keyframes 56mm

This board and I didn't get along, but I love the shape so I set it up as a cruiser.

I said it before, but seeing all these smaller 70s-style setups gets me so psyched. Hoping to set one up in the coming months.
what went wrong with that deck? was gonna pull the trigger on it until i decided too size down.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1532 on: May 06, 2020, 04:38:43 PM »
Expand Quote

AH Brown Bomber
Powell Rib Bone rail
Ace 44
Krooked 1/8" risers
OJ Keyframes 56mm

[close]
what went wrong with that deck? was gonna pull the trigger on it until i decided too size down.

Not enough flat and a steeper tail than what I like. I also might have liked it more if I didn't pair it with ventures.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1533 on: May 06, 2020, 04:56:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

AH Brown Bomber
Powell Rib Bone rail
Ace 44
Krooked 1/8" risers
OJ Keyframes 56mm

[close]
[close]

Not enough flat and a steeper tail than what I like. I also might have liked it more if I didn't pair it with ventures.

Did the black widow with 5.8s last year and skated it not even a whole session and then took everything apart and gave it away. Should have liked it on paper.

Just went out and struggled so much on 5.8s (walk of shame purchase, where you buy something give it away, and then buy it again to confirm that it still doesn’t work) w/a pretty gnarly fa board. It’s the only deck I have that can fit some 8.5 trucks, the nose is drama. Whatever. I’m terrible anyways and the weather was fantastic.

I also have the ace 44s and key frames and they are so sick together. Key frames looking like Beibel’s teeth, the ride is so smooth. The deck I have is super twisted/warped so even Ollie’s feel weird but just floating around the whatever skreets is really relaxing.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1534 on: May 06, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »
so confused.
brown bomber
Width - 8.86" / Length - 32" / Wheelbase - 14.25"
seems pretty sick. maybe on indy's due to lack of fingers of flat over ventures (even cast?)  the way with most AH? pop in the pocket?
keyframes are nice regardless. too smooth.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1535 on: May 06, 2020, 08:07:11 PM »
so confused.
brown bomber
seems pretty sick. maybe on indy's due to lack of fingers of flat over ventures (even cast?)  the way with most AH? pop in the pocket?

What is confusing? It had steep kicks without much flat. I like lots of flat and mellow kicks.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1536 on: May 06, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »
Expand Quote
so confused.
brown bomber
[close]

What is confusing? It had steep kicks without much flat. I like lots of flat and mellow kicks.
lol that was after reading the OK shame re purchasing post too. And nothing wrong w rocking it as a cruiser. Feel better on aces popping curbs and such? Slappys?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1537 on: May 06, 2020, 08:17:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so confused.
brown bomber
[close]

[close]
lol that was after reading the OK shame re purchasing post too. And nothing wrong w rocking it as a cruiser. Feel better on aces popping curbs and such? Slappys?

My bad. My stream of gibberish. Was just attempting to relate to buying one of the shaped anti hero boards, pairing it with 5.8s, and then being over it.

And then again, just attempting to write that i too have the cruiser set up with ace 44s and key frames.

I’ve never been super coherent, but I’m getting worse.

Ol Nick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #1538 on: May 06, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »

I had this Northern Co/ Push collbabo deck lying around and also these Abec 11 wheels. 65mm 75a...
Always wanted to try 109s. So I got some today and set this thing up. Turns unreal.
This looks bad to the bone. How’s it look from the top? Do the wheels hot rod up front with the 109s?
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1539 on: May 06, 2020, 08:35:40 PM »
You can't tell from the photo but there is a very slight amount of wheel that pokes out up front. The 109s would be too narrow if the wheels weren't so wide. I was intrigued by the more urethane than metal you see in old 70s photos and on the polarizers people have been posting. This is far from a polarizer though. Not convex, and has a kick tail.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #1540 on: May 07, 2020, 01:21:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so confused.
brown bomber
[close]

I’ve got a brown bomber set up on ace 55’s at the moment. It’s fun, it feels quite steep and short but pops fine and skates narrower than 8.8. I can see it feeling weird on thunders/ ventures though

[close]

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1541 on: May 07, 2020, 05:37:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so confused.
brown bomber
[close]

[close]
[close]

My bad. My stream of gibberish. Was just attempting to relate to buying one of the shaped anti hero boards, pairing it with 5.8s, and then being over it.

And then again, just attempting to write that i too have the cruiser set up with ace 44s and key frames.

I’ve never been super coherent, but I’m getting worse.

Haha, I got you Jay, my bad. Going to take it out today and see how it feels. I love a cruiser board in theory, but sometimes when I can't power slide or they stick on 180s I get over it fast.

OK, you know I've sold and re-bought stuff (also Ventures) so I get it.

I’ve got a brown bomber set up on ace 55’s at the moment. It’s fun, it feels quite steep and short but pops fine and skates narrower than 8.8. I can see it feeling weird on thunders/ ventures though

I may take the 55s off my main and swap them with these 44s. Hows it look?

Jory4

« Reply #1542 on: May 07, 2020, 06:05:44 AM »

Wheels are 56mm slimebombs which I think are similar width to the key frames on yours?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:07:30 AM by Jory4 »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1543 on: May 07, 2020, 06:14:57 AM »
Looks about like it. I may make the switch...my 44s are starting to get a little groove so I think they might be a little better on my main setup. The 55s look nice!

Jory4

« Reply #1544 on: May 07, 2020, 06:19:55 AM »
I’m about 8 weeks into aces coming from Indy’s. Totally love them!

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #1545 on: May 09, 2020, 03:45:22 PM »

Wheels are 56mm slimebombs which I think are similar width to the key frames on yours?

wow I love that grip job, so pleasing.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1546 on: May 11, 2020, 08:19:47 PM »
gotta second that, nice grip job jory boy!
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1547 on: May 12, 2020, 07:17:58 AM »
Hey there!

Anybody have a zip zinger on here?

i just ordered a 7.75 wide one and can't figure out wich trucks i should go with and how wide the board is over the trucks!

i think of either going with thunder 143 or 145s

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1548 on: May 12, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »

Polar Shin Surf
Indy 159 w/aftermarket Indy conical bushings, flat washers on bottom
SF F4 Radial 58mm 99a pictured (but have since put on conical full 56mm)
old swiss
hardly art, hardly starving

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1549 on: May 12, 2020, 08:01:45 AM »

Polar Shin Surf
old swiss

YES. damn clean.. just a cruiser? that looks like a do-it-all set up with some 56mm conical fulls as you mentioned. 
8.75 X 31.5 WB14.38
NOSE: 6.5 TAIL: 6.75

find myself tiring of going back and forth between two set ups.. just want something to grab and go. fun trying different gear but really just want to hone in on what works.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1550 on: May 12, 2020, 08:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote

Polar Shin Surf
old swiss

[close]
YES. damn clean.. just a cruiser? that looks like a do-it-all set up with some 56mm conical fulls as you mentioned. 
8.75 X 31.5 WB14.38
NOSE: 6.5 TAIL: 6.75

find myself tiring of going back and forth between two set ups.. just want something to grab and go. fun trying different gear but really just want to hone in on what works.
been feeling the same way recently, have to setups that serve different functions. one for everything and the other for strength training. probably dont NEED the big boy but cant do the mental gymnastics to get rid of one or the other.

"strength training" sounds like a good enough excuse to still have it around, even though it probably doesnt help switching back and forth between shit
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #1551 on: May 12, 2020, 08:53:02 AM »
Hey there!

Anybody have a zip zinger on here?

i just ordered a 7.75 wide one and can't figure out wich trucks i should go with and how wide the board is over the trucks!

i think of either going with thunder 143 or 145s
Either will work. I had 5.0s on mine and there was a little hotdogging in the back. I think 143s will technically fit better, but I wasn’t about to buy new trucks for a little jammer that got me to the train and back.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1552 on: May 12, 2020, 11:54:27 AM »

Polar Shin Surf
old swiss

Goddamn, the surf shape looks so sick. If I didn't just get a shaped board and if these weren't sold out everywhere I'd definitely be all over it. Would you say the wheel wells make a noticeable difference in terms of wheelbite?

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1553 on: May 12, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »
Expand Quote

Polar Shin Surf
old swiss
[close]

Goddamn, the surf shape looks so sick. If I didn't just get a shaped board and if these weren't sold out everywhere I'd definitely be all over it. Would you say the wheel wells make a noticeable difference in terms of wheelbite?

yes, they make a world of difference... my trucks are set to loose (not Max Palmer loose) and even with those 58mms I could not get the wheels to bite

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1554 on: May 12, 2020, 03:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Polar Shin Surf
old swiss
[close]

[close]

yes, they make a world of difference... my trucks are set to loose (not Max Palmer loose) and even with those 58mms I could not get the wheels to bite

I see, good to hear they make a substantial difference. Really tempted to get one of these in the future, hopefully they keep this shape as a regular in the lineup with more graphics. Looks super fun, though I personally would prefer a slightly less square tail, a lil more rounded.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1555 on: May 12, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Polar Shin Surf
old swiss
[close]

[close]

are you riding risers? i dont know if my eyes are tricking me

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1556 on: May 12, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »
looks like risers to me

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #1557 on: May 12, 2020, 08:18:11 PM »
the shin surf is such a clean board, wish my shop got that in.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1558 on: May 13, 2020, 01:32:58 AM »
^Yep, can't wait them to drop in Europe!!

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1559 on: May 13, 2020, 07:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Polar Shin Surf
old swiss
[close]

[close]

[close]
are you riding risers? i dont know if my eyes are tricking me

i had some suuuuuper thin soft ones on with the 58 radials... but dont have any with the 56 fulls