Author Topic: Post your DIY spots  (Read 196443 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Post your DIY spots
« Reply #660 on: April 03, 2023, 03:42:23 PM »
DIY homies.  I recently moved to a smaller town. And there’s an old train dock slab thing. Near working order train tracks.  The slab/dock is over grown etc so in my eyes it’s fair game. Where I used to live was a decent sized city and the diy was built on a very similar old train dock slab ( dead ass don’t know the term or what to call it ) and it was just guerilla built. Still standing after like 5 or maybe more years.

My question is. Living in a small town now. Should I just start building and hope it goes unnoticed and that I don’t get caught by a small town cop. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission or try and talk the town into letting me build but if they say no I lose the spot before even starting. Town has a metal prefab but I’m not a fan.

I’m just trying figure the best route in this since I’ll be doing it alone at least for the time being

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #661 on: May 19, 2023, 05:10:52 PM »
Dunno if this counts as it’s not a spot, but ever since seeing @doublesteveburger tear the ass out that little ledge/box thing, I’ve wanted to build something similar.  Today I finally did. 

Cut up some scraps and snagged a stainless steel corner guard from work for one edge, then bought some steel angle iron for the other side.  It’s only 8” tall and 4ft long, so that I can easily throw it in my car, but it’s pretty well braced inside with 2x4 so hopefully it’s reasonably sturdy, and doesn’t slip out when I attempt my halfcab noseslides or whatever.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #662 on: July 25, 2023, 09:03:33 AM »
This DIY is up the mountain(Chamrousse)from here. I can see the ski station from my kitchen window. They had a festival few weeks back unfortunately I couldn't go but here is an article, video and pics of it
https://www.confuzine.com/2023/07/25/skate-and-tritons-chamrousse-diy-french-alps/?fbclid=PAAab3OWdJr1c4dA9eGNfBQ0K2cNnGCLj5yyg7KF4jj_4jtfFPlw2dU0jUx3E

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #663 on: August 01, 2023, 11:27:23 AM »
This is my local DIY - been skating here back when it had nothing some 20 years ago and a live 5 minute skate away. 

A bunch a years ago this tweaker showed up on a stolen moped, and built some wooden things to skate there. It’s an old tennis court wedges between two houses, in a fairy posh area. They let him have it though. Eventually got taken down, and a few years ago we started to pour concrete there, and last summer we got permit to be there from the city.

We run an annual contest every year, Sour team always shows up, this time they brought Wes Kramer which was sick.

This is from the contest, we had it this weekend:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvZX9a4o1hD/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Pushing 4D

• Rep: 9
« Reply #664 on: August 21, 2023, 11:18:46 AM »

New one from this weekend.  Inspired by a Xeno spot in Pittsburgh.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #665 on: August 21, 2023, 04:13:31 PM »
I like how the countertop was incorporated into the spot. I also like that you can name the obstacle after this cat

Jack Locke

« Reply #666 on: November 19, 2023, 03:06:57 AM »
Built this about 3 years ago. First jersey barrier. Want to add over preexisting tranny, as it's hard as shit to skate. Basically, just this dude can skate it. Good practice though

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #667 on: December 13, 2023, 05:23:44 AM »

These guys are killing it these days, I’m hyped to skate it when it’s not snowing.
Dueces Bitch's

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #668 on: March 21, 2024, 05:20:25 AM »