Author Topic: ALL BERRICS VAGINA THREADS MERGED HERE  (Read 100206 times)

skate_bored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: berrics unified
« Reply #270 on: November 26, 2009, 03:00:58 PM »
Being involved in a shop and already being signed up might change my opinion, or maybe mine is just different than everyone elses, but I think its a great program. The Berrics is fucking huge and every kid with the internet that skateboards goes on the site or at least knows about it. Most people only have 1 or 2 skate shops within an hours drive and this means there are a lot of people ordering online. I see kids come in the shop AT LEAST once a week and their parents tell me they "saw our website" and the kids just had to come check out the shop even though it was an hour drive. Imagine if kids like this saw our site on the fucking berrics??? One new kid a month pays the monthly bill, and we get some exposure/business. And not only that, but we're helping pay for something really sick in skateboarding, which is constant free content of everyones favorite pros online. Just my side of the story. Yeah, I get it though, Berra definitely comes off as a greedy prick.

J_Rog

« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »
Berra is still team mates with Kerry, so I'm guessing that Nocturnal gets preferential treatment over other Philadelphia shops. How does the pop up advertising system work if more than one shop in one state signs up? Do they increase the price per shop?

Assuming everyone on here is a hateful "13 year old" is both weak and stupid, considering that your key market is middle class 13-year-olds. And that the medium age here (of regular posters) is around the early 20s. Having Eric Koston basically supersede what took you two over-acted videos to convey with "go fuck your face" has left me goggle-eyed and speechless. That is the most primitive of the "join us or die!" ultimatums. But it also has that "let them eat cake" aspect to it. Why try and scare small businesses? Don't they have a special marketing E-meter?

Butterypicklejuice

« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2009, 03:08:45 PM »
This is gonna be an on going argument for the next century if people don't just shut up. does this even matter? go skateboard

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »
for real, true shredders don't even have time to post on the internet cuz it's on the next trick in the line!

J_Rog

« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »
It always bothered me the way Berra would say "may God have mercy on your souls". I'm not religious, but isn't it condescending to use the god of a different religion than your own for a game of SKATE? I mean, he plays with other religious icons (all the pentagram/Neckface stuff) then says "don't have a go at my 'religion'. Scientology was in the news just the other night. Apparently apart from being a pay to play social club, they also intimidate members who leave the church. Some method of blacklisting and oft outright threats at those who speak out.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2009, 04:14:35 PM »
ALL RIGHT, I will GO FUCK MYSELF, not like theres a bunch of other skate companies to support, fucking kook.

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2009, 04:20:33 PM »
It always bothered me the way Berra would say "may God have mercy on your souls".

Man if that's always bothered you I actually feel kind of sorry for you. You're a seriously sensitive dude.

And as for the 13 year old comment so far it's the only thing on here people have been able to take shots at me about. So OK, that wasn't exactly scientific. You got me. But with all the stupidity that goes on here I think it's a better end of the stick coming off as 13, then bragging you're a grown man who comes off as 13.

Whatever though, at the end of the day I'm a skater. For 23 years. I do my best in the other projects I've got my hand in but I still see the world through the lens of a skate rat.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »

Beer Wizard

« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2009, 04:31:24 PM »

Man if that's always bothered you I actually feel kind of sorry for you. You're a seriously sensitive dude.

And as for the 13 year old comment so far it's the only thing on here people have been able to take shots at me about. So OK, that wasn't exactly scientific. You got me. But with all the stupidity that goes on here I think it's a better end of the stick coming off as 13, then bragging you're a grown man who comes off as 13.

Whatever though, at the end of the day I'm a skater. For 23 years. I do my best in the other projects I've got my hand in but I still see the world through the lens of a skate rat.
Irony

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »
what happened to koston's old catch phrase "keep it cool"

was way less aggro and...um..let's see...how shall i put this...in-your-face (?)

blAck AddEr

• Rep: -6
  • "thats my nigga Bach..."
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
has everyone forgotten that koston is a part of this as well?
"go fuck your face"?
im disappointed in you mr. koston.  what happened?
SLAP: where people get killed over typos

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »

Wanna stop ignoring my legitimate question??

J_Rog

« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
It always bothered me the way Berra would say "may God have mercy on your souls".
[close]

So no explanation for Eric's parting "go fuck your face" thing? Because I was thinking of having T-shirts printed up... no wait, you should totally do that! I would definitely buy like 3. You could use the head shot form when he had Carrol hair (Yeah Right era) and have a speech bubble in that Crailtap font. :D

X_x

« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2009, 04:40:21 PM »
"go fuck your face"?

That shit was random and uncalled for.

"Join us errrrr die!!!!!!!"

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sensitive? You just called a 13 year old stupid. You just said bragging is stupid. Your last paragraph you fucking brag. I put the google link to the population of the world, because you are a fucking egotistical maniac. CHECK YOUR FUCKING SELF STUPID ASS!!!!!

Why do and your friends keep acting like it's such a fucking privilege to be homies with you? What makes you so goddam more fucking special than the 6,692,030,277 goddam people that live on this fucking planet?!?!?!? You are KOOKING IT DUDE. STOP

Make things right, oh holy than thou GOD you and Koston tell everyone you fucking are. Keep telling us dude.

Keep telling the customers, what is right.

Keep fucking smiling, and calling everyone kooks. SEE WHAT HAPPENS

You and Koston and your guy's fucking sponsors film some skate videos, go on tour, because that is your job. Goddam I hope it's fucking sinking in for you and Koston, and your friends.

Even a non skateboarder would see how UN-GNAR you fucks are acting. Pretty boys....

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »

"NOW AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY IN CANADA AT WEST 49"

So when Berrics Unified expands to Canada will it too be exclusively West 49?
BERRA CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS ?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

horst

• Rep: -1
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
you guys are trying to troll koston into the froum too, right?

Celebrity Centre, i really dislike the military theme of the berrics. are there any plans about changing the motto?

Comparison Ford

• Rep: 16
  • That's Handsome Pete, he dances for nickels.
    • DSOTE avatar image
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2009, 05:00:54 PM »
How about instead of avoiding the question, you give us a fair answer.  I haven't made any personal attacks on you.  What do you think about making a free directory for all shops...while allowing those who can afford to pay your fees (which do seem pretty fair) for extra area specific advertising?
How about instead of avoiding the question, you give us a fair answer.  I haven't made any personal attacks on you.  What do you think about making a free directory for all shops...while allowing those who can afford to pay your fees (which do seem pretty fair) for extra area specific advertising?

X_x

« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »

"NOW AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY IN CANADA AT WEST 49"

So when Berrics Unified expands to Canada will it too be exclusively West 49?
BERRA CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS ?
[/quote]

I'd like to know as well.

Berra in the video says he doesn't have a problem with mall shops, but yet and still shouldn't that be a little disturbing?

"Celebrity Centre" you don't think its a little counter-intuitive to sell Berrics stuff in West 49 and the wax in Zumiez?

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »
Celebrity Centre,

aside from paying the fees, is there any other qualifications  or a background check a shop must meet (i.e. being skater ran, "legit," etc) or is it just anyone who pays?

J_Rog

« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »
steve, i am honored that you would recognize my post as the only legitimate "shot" where someone managed to "get you" out of his whole 10 page clusterfuck. my gripe wasn't even specific to what you posted, but in annoys me in general that my viewpoint (and other civil posters) gets mushed together with all these fools who sound like they're excited to learn some naughty words. sometimes i question why i read this board, with all the shit you have to wade through, but i know of no better gathering of skate nerds with encyclopedic knowledge to learn from, so it's all worth it when those good posts happen.

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
Sure there's a handful of interesting ideas here and there but try sorting them out from all the cheap shots and half truths. Like the merit scholar who posted the Wikipedia link about the Celebrity Centre. The irony there is I haven't even stepped foot in a Celebrity Centre in over 3 years but it's still what people choose to focus on.

The constructive stuff in here will surely be discussed by the people who need to discuss it, but I don't think it's unreasonable for that not to happen in a public forum.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
Sure there's a handful of interesting ideas here and there but try sorting them out from all the cheap shots and half truths. Like the merit scholar who posted the Wikipedia link about the Celebrity Centre. The irony there is I haven't even stepped foot in a Celebrity Centre in over 3 years but it's still what people choose to focus on.

The constructive stuff in here will surely be discussed by the people who need to discuss it, but I don't think it's unreasonable for that not to happen in a public forum.

Why shouldn't it happen in a public forum??  Sure there are alot of loudmouths here...but there are also alot of us who really care about skateboarding.  But we aren't in any kind of position to do much about it.  You are...and you definitely like to act like you have skateboarding's best interest at heart.  Why wouldn't you want to hear the opinions of the people who actually pay for the skateboarding industry to exist??

Also...if you were to read the comments from the majority of us...myself included...you would find our problem was not so much with your program as with your presentation of it.  So being open and honest with us about it would probably be the best thing to help sway our perceptions.  Instead you avoid questions which definitely leaves the impression you have something to hide.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #295 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
Expand Quote
"go fuck your face"?
[close]
That shit was random and uncalled for.

eh...we deserve it.

GIVE US HELL, KOSTON!!!

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2009, 06:17:48 PM »
Celebrity Centre,

aside from paying the fees, is there any other qualifications  or a background check a shop must meet (i.e. being skater ran, "legit," etc) or is it just anyone who pays?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »
the whole thing reminds of a fake free porn site.  you click the link thinking you're gonna see the goods instead you get hit with that bullshit....
...you gotta register first, please enter your card card information... ::)

after watching the new video clip hes absolutely right, print ads do cost more to run and it should....considering the internet is free and the other shit is printed on paper!  sooo moving right along....

i watched the video and it makes more sense now...sort of.   
in the first video he tried to come across like he was reaching his hand out in friendship to help all the shops, instead he came across like he was reaching his hand out to dip in their pockets.  i guess thats how things come across when you beat around the bush.  we'll just call that a lesson learned. 
so anyway, this time around he more or less said, it makes more sense to give me your money than anyone else, so why don't you give me your money.  i mean, it ain't that slick but at least he was upfront about it. 

and $75K a month!  really?  hes must have union guys over there or something?  is he really trying to say he foots the entire bill himself?  is he trying to convince us that none of his sponsors, not one company affiliated with the berrics has chips on flights, hotels, rental cars and all that other shit thats going on over there?  not one dime from no one?  i mean i see logos/banners both on his site and in his park, how does that work?  i mean, no one is stupid enough to advertise for free, right?  or is he?
its crazy to think if he can get about 1500 shops to spend $600 a year, he covered all his expenses($900K @ $75K a month) at the berrics and the rest would all go to his evil diabolical plan to take over the world!  ahhh the brain himself would be proud, pinkie!     

so in a nutshell, he wants the struggling shops that can't compete with the big boys to pay for him to keep the berrics going, so he can travel and skate for free, cover any and all expenses and all the while put money away for his retirement fund....oh and i forgot to include all his staff friends. 
i get it now, you're running a business.  why not be upfront about it?  you still don't have any actual pricing on what it would cost?  why make me go through that porn site crap i was talking about earlier?  are you going to sell my info to west 49?  zumiez?  the penis enlargement company?  what gives?  just put that shit up there in black and white.....kind of like those print ads you said cost too much to run.                   

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2009, 06:49:15 PM »
Berrics gear @ W49 is fine. Berrics gear EXCLUSIVELY at W49 is T3h Sux0rz.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Butterypicklejuice

« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »
sorry but this whole thing seems like an attempt for random people who have no lives to get attention. The Berrics is obviously the biggest skateboarding website in the world, and everybody knows it. so it would make sense to post about how gay it is to get people interested in seeing it to get views on your blog / try to be cool on message boards. Yeah you're a badass cause you're against something popular, give me a break. That is getting old.

Real skateboarders who care about skateboarding wouldn't pay attention to stupid things like this and pay more attention to their skateboard.