Author Topic: ALL BERRICS VAGINA THREADS MERGED HERE  (Read 100329 times)

thugnificent

Re: ALL BERRICS VAGINA THREADS MERGED HERE
« Reply #960 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »
Of course leaving the small local shop community (which has supported skateboarding through the good times and the bad) in ruin.  He's pretty much just opening the floodgates for mall shops to officially take over the industry.  Thank You Steve Berra.

yes, the berrics and the berrics only are responsible for all local shops going out of business. yes, the berrics are pretty gay now, but what's equally as gay is all you faggots crying about berra and blaming him for everything

jeremyrandall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #961 on: December 10, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Of course leaving the small local shop community (which has supported skateboarding through the good times and the bad) in ruin.  He's pretty much just opening the floodgates for mall shops to officially take over the industry.  Thank You Steve Berra.
[close]

yes, the berrics and the berrics only are responsible for all local shops going out of business. yes, the berrics are pretty gay now, but what's equally as gay is all you faggots crying about berra and blaming him for everything

There is no way Berra is solely responsible and I never said that.  This mall shop take over has been a long time coming.  But he's definitely not helping.  Which is whatever...that's his choice.  My only real problem was him pretending to help when he's really trying to cash in.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #962 on: December 10, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
What does it mean when a mall shop gets bought by a mall shop?

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
In Defense of Berra
« Reply #963 on: December 11, 2009, 12:23:58 AM »
I didn't want to start another Berra topic, but I had to. The hate is totally disproportionate to his misdeeds.

OK so the Unified announcement vid was shady. Fine. But he came correct and clarified things. And about covering expenses he does have a point—look at how many dudes he's got on salary. Donovan, Reda, Salman, bunch of video and web dudes, and surely others. That's a lot of dough. Do you know what it takes to eke out even a modest living in LA? About five grand a month, at least. I doubt Buttery D is seeing that from Steve, but I doubt Salman or Reda would work for anything less.

Attacks on his character. Who knows what kind of behind-the-scenes shit is happening. Wenning said he didn't want Selego on Habitat, and you guys were cool with that, but because it's Berra trying to keep Torey off Alien everyone goes berzerk. Double standard or what. And OK so he was into Scientology for a minute—maybe still is. Scientology was obviously a tool to help him get connected in LA when he was trying to segue into acting & filmmaking, two fields in which he found at least modest success. Twelve years later, he's 100% immersed in skateboarding, using his filmmaking and acting skills to create the #1 most visited skateboarding-related website. And out come the haters—because when your self-esteem is low, you have to despise that kind of success to validate yourself.

Bitching that he hasn't put out a part in however long. Has Cab? Or Gonz? The latter has been milking his "legend" status for years—his last legit part was Real to Reel, eight years ago, and now he gets paid thick to sell janky art and act like a schizophrenic clown on camera, yet somehow no one is permitted to hate on him because he did the Gonzollie in '86. The truth is that Berra's video CV is more impressive than Cab's and Gonz's combined. Berra did a better job transitioning from old school to new school—when you look at his flip tricks you'd never know he was 36, not 26.

I don't know why he doesn't get more footage at his own skatepark, but if he did you guys would be hating him for that too—saying he's a showboat or whatever. I don't see much Koston footy coming out of The Berrics lately either. Maybe they want it to be about other people—giving up-and-comers a chance too. Some you will like (Cory Kennedy) some you won't (Yosiah) but either way what they're doing is just running a damn website filled with footage from their private skatepark and it's not their fault it became so popular that it's "killing street skating" or whatever.

He's been in the game a long, long-ass time and doesn't deserve this level of hate. The sad thing is I know he does lurk here and I know that some of what he's read has upset him, or he wouldn't be Tweeting and emailing about it. Even sadder is that I guarantee that even the gnarliest haters here would say none of this shit to his face.

Age 19: aired-out heelflip Indys and fakie 540°s on vert and fakie ollie Carlsbad Jr.:

Switch inwards and every other flip trick you can think of, age 21:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xagq8c_steve-berra-in-foundation-tentacles_sport

25 years old: first kickflip 5050 on a round rail that I ever saw:

35 years old and more versatile, more polished than ever:

Conclusion: I don't think a penchant for melodrama and a disingenuous marketing scheme sufficient to nullify his manifold positive contributions to the past, present, and future of skateboarding culture. And I'm confident that the silent majority of Pals share my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:33:51 AM by Commercial D »
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • do you think this is a game?
Re: In Defense of Berra
« Reply #964 on: December 11, 2009, 12:31:51 AM »
dental plan
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #965 on: December 11, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »
kookin' it broseph

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #966 on: December 11, 2009, 12:33:57 AM »
Lisa needs braces
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

ZipZinger

« Reply #967 on: December 11, 2009, 12:37:45 AM »
Go hate on something else, f***kholes

you can say fuck here

you fuckholes

bandini

« Reply #968 on: December 11, 2009, 12:38:21 AM »
I was willing to listen, but then you said this:

The truth is that Berra's video CV is more impressive than Cab's and Gonz's combined.

And my eyes rolled so far back into my head that reading became difficult.

Anyway, yeah, no one thing Berra has done is insanely awful or anything. It's just the accumulation of a bunch of suspect moves, combined with one of the most grating, egotistical personalities in skateboarding. I think the United fiasco was just sort of the final tipping point from mild annoyance into hate.

I'm sure there are bigger douchebags in skating, but they don't broadcast videos of their douchery weekly from a website. Berra, on the other hand, pretty much just paints a target on his ass.

Tommes

• Rep: -30
« Reply #969 on: December 11, 2009, 12:40:16 AM »
I think I agree about 80% with what you said D

except the part with the Video CV

what? where? why? huh?

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #970 on: December 11, 2009, 12:41:14 AM »

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: December 11, 2009, 12:44:45 AM »

Expand Quote
The truth is that Berra's video CV is more impressive than Cab's and Gonz's combined.
[close]

I respect that. And I realize that was a bold statement. But besides Video Days, what other Gonz parts stand out? Kicked out of Everywhere was the last decent thing he produced. I liked him best with short hair and wearing hoodies, doing that wallie and pole jam shit—it suited his style the best. But it's like he gave up after that, and even in Real to Reel he was clowning himself. Gonz is a great "character" but his skateboarding has looked dated for over a decade.

I like Cab and I was pleased to see him reinvent himself in the late 90s as the master of long, low, gently declining rails, but not since I've been skating has he had an outstanding video part. I mean Hot Batch in '92 featured slow mos of him backside nosesliding an EMB ledge and pressure flipping over a Ft. Miley hip.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #972 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:33 AM »
If there was a video of Cab and Gonz having sex, it would be better than any Berra part, ever.

bandini

« Reply #973 on: December 11, 2009, 12:57:11 AM »
I always say you have to judge people by what they did in the context of the time they were in.

Gonz and Cab both changed skateboarding with what they did, video-wise. In the context of his own time, Berra is not and never has been revolutionary. He's had some gnarly footage, no argument there. But he wasn't a game-changer.

If you were around in 1987 and saw that clip of Gonz kickflipping the ditch gap in Texas, or the 180 ollie to fakie 5050 down the rail in Savannah, or the boardslide UP the rail in Savannah, or the ollie over the bench onto the rail at Oceanside in 1986, or the ollie to smith on a picnic table in the 1985 Thrasher video, that shit changed the way you thought of skating. Because absolutely NO ONE was doing that stuff then. And all that was way before Video Days even.

And do I even have to get going on Cab? The guy influenced more people than Steve Berra has pissed off. And that's saying something.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #974 on: December 11, 2009, 12:58:06 AM »
commercialbuttery D

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #975 on: December 11, 2009, 12:59:18 AM »
My friend Josh met him at a DVS demo not too long I think. Steve asked him if he checks The Berrics often. Josh said not really Steve giggled and said "Well maybe someday you'll understand what good skating is. And indoor heating. You needz to get with the timez!" And looked for the fourteen year old's to follow him in laughter.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #976 on: December 11, 2009, 01:01:51 AM »
Berra changed the game but in more subtle ways. He was one of the first to flip into rail tricks and he perfected a well-rounded, clean style that combined tech and gnar.

Not to take anything away from Gonz's achievements. He and Natas birthed street skateboarding in the '80s, but in the '90s Berra helped to refine it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:04:50 AM by Commercial D »

Tommes

« Reply #977 on: December 11, 2009, 01:03:15 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I respect that. And I realize that was a bold statement. But besides Video Days, what other Gonz parts stand out? Kicked out of Everywhere was the last decent thing he produced. I liked him best with short hair and wearing hoodies, doing that wallie and pole jam shit—it suited his style the best. But it's like he gave up after that, and even in Real to Reel he was clowning himself. Gonz is a great "character" but his skateboarding has looked dated for over a decade.

I like Cab and I was pleased to see him reinvent himself in the late 90s as the master of long, low, gently declining rails, but not since I've been skating has he had an outstanding video part. I mean Hot Batch in '92 featured slow mos of him backside nosesliding an EMB ledge and pressure flipping over a Ft. Miley hip.

You gotta keep in mind though that both Cab and Gonz were waaay ahead of their times.

Pretty sure Berra can beat em in a gmae of SKATE but that doesn't matter concernning the impact of their old parts.
what? where? why? huh?

bandini

« Reply #978 on: December 11, 2009, 01:09:04 AM »
I wasn't skating in the '80s but from what I understand Natas had quite a few NBDs back then too.

Yes, indeed. I'm glad Gonz gets the props he does, but it's kind of a crime that so few kids know how important Natas was. Video-wise, he was even more important than Gonz in the 80s, since Gonz never had a real, full-length video part back then, and Natas had two that were both hugely influential and innovative.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: December 11, 2009, 01:10:13 AM »
You gotta keep in mind though that both Cab and Gonz were waaay ahead of their times.

Yes that's true. But Berra's been putting out parts since Splendid Eye Torture—20 years ago!—and his 2009 shit looks like 2009 shit. The last time Gonz released a part with up-to-date skating was in 1998. That's a respectable 12-year run as a serious pro, but Berra's going on 18 years and looking fresher than ever. That's an achievement in and of itself and shouldn't be dismissed or discounted.

bandini

« Reply #980 on: December 11, 2009, 01:18:50 AM »
but Berra's going on 18 years and looking fresher than ever.

I think you'll have a hard time selling that one.

I mean, Gonz's Krooked Kronicles part was kind of a goof, but it's still more fun to watch than Berra skating those stupid yellow flatbars in Mindfield.

His The End part that was NOT. "Up to date skating" that was definitely NOT.

Anyway, I don't think anyone has seriously dissed Berra as a skater - it's his character and personality that are so dismal. Everyone knows he's good on a board. But he's nowhere near Gonz and Cab in terms of legend OR longevity, and exaggerating his skills and importance seriously compromises any legitimate defense of him you might hope to make.

steezus_christ

• I'll rape you
    • CLICK ME! avatar image
« Reply #981 on: December 11, 2009, 01:19:06 AM »
I didn't want to start another Berra topic, but I had to. The hate is totally disproportionate to his misdeeds.

OK so the Unified announcement vid was shady. Fine. But he came correct and clarified things. And about covering expenses he does have a point—look at how many dudes he's got on salary. Donovan, Reda, Salman, bunch of video and web dudes, and surely others. That's a lot of dough. Do you know what it takes to eke out even a modest living in LA? About five grand a month, at least. I doubt Buttery D is seeing that from Steve, but I doubt Salman or Reda would work for anything less.

Attacks on his character. Who knows what kind of behind-the-scenes shit is happening. Wenning said he didn't want Selego on Habitat, and you guys were cool with that, but because it's Berra trying to keep Torey off Alien everyone goes berzerk. Double standard or what. And OK so he was into Scientology for a minute—maybe still is. Scientology was obviously a tool to help him get connected in LA when he was trying to segue into acting & filmmaking, two fields in which he found at least modest success. Twelve years later, he's 100% immersed in skateboarding, using his filmmaking and acting skills to create the #1 most visited skateboarding-related website. And out come the haters—because when your self-esteem is low, you have to despise that kind of success to validate yourself.

Bitching that he hasn't put out a part in however long. Has Cab? Or Gonz? The latter has been milking his "legend" status for years—his last legit part was Real to Reel, eight years ago, and now he gets paid thick to sell janky art and act like a schizophrenic clown on camera, yet somehow no one is permitted to hate on him because he did the Gonzollie in '86. The truth is that Berra's video CV is more impressive than Cab's and Gonz's combined. Berra did a better job transitioning from old school to new school—when you look at his flip tricks you'd never know he was 36, not 26.

I don't know why he doesn't get more footage at his own skatepark, but if he did you guys would be hating him for that too—saying he's a showboat or whatever. I don't see much Koston footy coming out of The Berrics lately either. Maybe they want it to be about other people—giving up-and-comers a chance too. Some you will like (Cory Kennedy) some you won't (Yosiah) but either way what they're doing is just running a damn website filled with footage from their private skatepark and it's not their fault it became so popular that it's "killing street skating" or whatever.

He's been in the game a long, long-ass time and doesn't deserve this level of hate. The sad thing is I know he does lurk here and I know that some of what he's read has upset him, or he wouldn't be Tweeting and emailing about it. Even sadder is that I guarantee that even the gnarliest haters here would say none of this shit to his face.

Age 19: aired-out heelflip Indys and fakie 540°s on vert and fakie ollie Carlsbad Jr.:

Switch inwards and every other flip trick you can think of, age 21:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xagq8c_steve-berra-in-foundation-tentacles_sport

25 years old: first kickflip 5050 on a round rail that I ever saw:

35 years old and more versatile, more polished than ever:

Conclusion: I don't think a penchant for melodrama and a disingenuous marketing scheme sufficient to nullify his manifold positive contributions to the past, present, and future of skateboarding culture. And I'm confident that the silent majority of Pals share my opinion.

Go fuck yourself.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #982 on: December 11, 2009, 01:26:04 AM »
...Berra skating those stupid yellow flatbars in Mindfield.

His The End part that was NOT. "Up to date skating" that was definitely NOT.

I don't think there's anyone who posts here (who isn't pro) who could do a legit fakie flip tailside on one of those yellow flatbars, let alone in a line. Since when are colored flatbars an object of ridicule?

And his last pair of tricks in that part are 100% unfuckwithable.

P.S. steezus you're a fag that deserves a banhammer for flooding like that but it's easily defeatable via the "End" key.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:28:59 AM by Commercial D »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #983 on: December 11, 2009, 02:16:15 AM »
Maybe you're on to something. I heard 783 engineers agree that there is a SLAP conspiracy against Berra.

WansConvenience

• Rep: 7
« Reply #984 on: December 11, 2009, 02:17:05 AM »
are you fucking kidding me?

Did you actually try to include gonz and berra in the same sentence in skateboarding?

This thread is suspect and i already know this is about to be another atom bomb because you fucking berra people won't let it go to rest, it has been pretty quiet lately. dude's a kook and we all know it.

No one on here has "defended" a skateboarder like this thread let alone that it has to be fucking steve berra because you fucks cannot realize the dude is nuts.

Jesus, now someone just needs to include the new rumours popping up as of the last week and now we have World War 3 yet again.

Where's Watson? He'll make this thread more interesting than Berra's skating which hasn't been interesting since the End.

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #985 on: December 11, 2009, 03:13:45 AM »
The problem is, that Berra wants to make money while putting out an image, that he's helping. People saw through that and now are pissed. Nothing wrong with trying to make good business, but his attitude is really out of lines.

Well, Wenning was atleast a legit skateboarder. I don't know why he didn't want Selego on (is that even true), but i'm pretty sure you can't compare that to a wannabe actor, who doesn't skate (if skates, only fake spots) and wants an amazing rider off the team. Wenning didn't want Selego on, but Berra wants Pudwill off. See the difference? I don't really care for religion and using his filmmaking and acting skills to do what? That stupid lift video?

I can't believe you compare Gonz to Berra. This is the sentence that made me realize, that you're probably an idiot. For your information, Gonz ain't miling shit. He's a TRUE LEGEND and can do whatever the fuck he wants. Despite this, he still puts out interesting little clips with him skating. Berra ain't no legend and hasn't had a part since "The End".

Fuck off, please!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • tiger style
« Reply #986 on: December 11, 2009, 04:30:00 AM »
Yes, indeed. I'm glad Gonz gets the props he does, but it's kind of a crime that so few kids know how important Natas was. Video-wise, he was even more important than Gonz in the 80s, since Gonz never had a real, full-length video part back then, and Natas had two that were both hugely influential and innovative.

thank you, i hate how natas gets slept on

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2218
  • computer says no
« Reply #987 on: December 11, 2009, 04:55:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you can say fuck here

you fuckholes
Yeah, asterisks in your curse words invalidate your curse words here. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

Having said all that, I don't really get the Berra hate. I never saw the video, but I had gotten an email (for our shop) about the Berrics ad plan so I knew what it was before the vid came out... I don't get the controversy. I'm not into his politics or religion, but he's not trying to convert me, either.

...I've posted this ad nauseum, but he also gets props for the fundraising efforts he and the folks have done for different causes. Props on the free, updated footy too.

Not into his acting.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:23:56 AM by grimcity »

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #988 on: December 11, 2009, 05:18:53 AM »
Thank you for starting this thread, I was really getting sick of all the hate Berra's been receiving here.
I only find your Gonz-Berra statement a bit weird, but whatever.
And given, there are some things about the Berrics that I find really lame (Berra acting like he is the savior of modern day skateboarding) but I can see past that. All in all, the berrics is legit and Berra is a cool, down to Earth guy.

is lauwie a chicks name?

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #989 on: December 11, 2009, 05:21:39 AM »
scrolling through those 100's of pictures of old man lingerie tail pipe fucking was brutal.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.