Author Topic: Jersey Shore  (Read 155336 times)

jeremyrandall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Jersey Shore
« Reply #930 on: November 23, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »
So my girlfriend and I went out for supper on Saturday.  She went to the washroom at one point, and while she was gone three girls came and sat at the table right beside me.  I glanced at their faces walking by and recognized one of them.  At first I thought it must some girl I'd seen around, but pretty quickly figured they weren't Canadian at all from their Jersey accents.  As I was listening to them butcher the pronunciation of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (my hometown) my girlfriend came back to the table, took one look and said "That's Sammy from Jersey Shore."

Basically all I have to say is that bitch is insanely dumb.  I think my IQ may have dropped a couple points just from eavesdropping on her conversation (which is pretty much all we did for the rest of our meal).  Also...she's not ugly, but she sure isn't anything special either.  The caliber of people who are celebrities in our society blows me away.

RobDyrdek

« Reply #931 on: November 23, 2010, 12:51:55 PM »
So my girlfriend and I went out for supper on Saturday.  She went to the washroom at one point, and while she was gone three girls came and sat at the table right beside me.  I glanced at their faces walking by and recognized one of them.  At first I thought it must some girl I'd seen around, but pretty quickly figured they weren't Canadian at all from their Jersey accents.  As I was listening to them butcher the pronunciation of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (my hometown) my girlfriend came back to the table, took one look and said "That's Sammy from Jersey Shore."

Basically all I have to say is that bitch is insanely dumb.  I think my IQ may have dropped a couple points just from eavesdropping on her conversation (which is pretty much all we did for the rest of our meal).  Also...she's not ugly, but she sure isn't anything special either.  The caliber of people who are celebrities in our society blows me away.

woah woah woah buddy. youre canadian, so whats this our business your talkin about

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #932 on: November 23, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »
This is part of a longer article my friend wrote on his blog regarding Kanye, but it applies to jeremyrandall's last sentence.  He works in advertising/marketing in NY and has dealt with these same people quite often.

---------------------
Reality TV Nation.

We live in a world where somewhere along the way, likely coinciding with the rise of The Real World, Survivor, American Idol and The Bachelor, the playing field was leveled.  Famous people no longer required talent, which put most famous people about one-good-audition-at-the-mall above the regular people.  Celebrities became far more accessible.  These days, I could name 20 friends that have been to some party that Jay-Z was at.   If it was 1984, could I say the same thing about Michael Jackson?  Hell no!  Now we live in a world where we think famous people are just like us, or we are just like them.  It is totally feasible that you could walk into a bar and MGMT will be sitting there having a drink just like you.  This changes the whole dynamic.

Three weeks ago, the celebrity may have lived in a trailer park.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #933 on: November 23, 2010, 12:56:14 PM »
Who's gonna cop the situation's book when it comes out?

http://www.popeater.com/2010/10/26/heres-the-situation-book/

my girl bought it for me. HILARIOUS.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #934 on: November 23, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »

Two questions:

1. How do you pronounce "Saskatchewan." I imagine it's "Sass-catch-eh-wun"?
2. What in the world is she doing there? Please tell me Watson got her to interview for Shit Talk. I wouldn't know why he would, but I don't care either; I'd just want to see it.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #935 on: November 23, 2010, 10:58:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Two questions:

2. What in the world is she doing there? Please tell me Watson got her to interview for Shit Talk. I wouldn't know why he would, but I don't care either; I'd just want to see it.

You got it.  It's pronounced exactly how it's spelled, but for some reason a lot of Americans seem to have a problem with that concept.

From what I gathered in my eavesdropping, she was in town to do an appearance at the shittiest club in the city.  I can't believe these people get paid just to show up at a bar. 

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #936 on: November 24, 2010, 02:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So my girlfriend and I went out for supper on Saturday. ? She went to the washroom at one point, and while she was gone three girls came and sat at the table right beside me. ? I glanced at their faces walking by and recognized one of them. ? At first I thought it must some girl I'd seen around, but pretty quickly figured they weren't Canadian at all from their Jersey accents. ? As I was listening to them butcher the pronunciation of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (my hometown) my girlfriend came back to the table, took one look and said "That's Sammy from Jersey Shore."

Basically all I have to say is that bitch is insanely dumb. ? I think my IQ may have dropped a couple points just from eavesdropping on her conversation (which is pretty much all we did for the rest of our meal). ? Also...she's not ugly, but she sure isn't anything special either. ? The caliber of people who are celebrities in our society blows me away.
[close]

Two questions:

[close]

You got it. ? It's pronounced exactly how it's spelled, but for some reason a lot of Americans seem to have a problem with that concept.

From what I gathered in my eavesdropping, she was in town to do an appearance at the shittiest club in the city. ? I can't believe these people get paid just to show up at a bar.

Or get paid enough to want to go to another country just to show up at a bar.

edit. Not that Saskatchewan isn't totally worth the trip
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:57:17 AM by burmStingfeldHC »
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #937 on: November 24, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »
fuck jersey shore
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

no fun

• Rep: 32
« Reply #938 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
bump

Ronnie faces up to five years in jail for his one punch knock out in season one
and season three starts January 6

http://www.examiner.com/jersey-shore-in-national/jersey-shore-ronnie-indicted-for-js1-knockout-punch-faces-jail-if-convicted
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

pmatute

• Rep: -4
« Reply #939 on: December 19, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »
That dude is definitely trying to get some money

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #940 on: January 03, 2011, 07:16:25 PM »
ITS BACK.......Thursday.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

BuddyPal

« Reply #941 on: January 03, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
saw the preview and it looks like Sammy vs JWoww fight round 2 in the first episode.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #942 on: January 04, 2011, 04:33:10 AM »

Sitch in the background at 1:22!!

jimi420

« Reply #943 on: January 07, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »
First episode was heat! already a fight? The first hits missed completely but there's probably more the next episode. The new girl is hotter than what that picture in this thread made her look like. She got some tig ol bitties!

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
« Reply #944 on: January 07, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »
there's been a large black hole in my life since the end of last season.  so hyped this shit is back.  new girl's actually not that bad.  i kinda like her.  the pretending to accidentally get naked in front of mike on the first night was funny. 

sammi is the biggest bitch ever.  so wish she'd start some shit with jwow when ronnie's dumb ass isn't there to protect her.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #945 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
there's been a large black hole in my life since the end of last season.  so hyped this shit is back.  new girl's actually not that bad.  i kinda like her.  the pretending to accidentally get naked in front of mike on the first night was funny. 

sammi is the biggest bitch ever.  so wish she'd start some shit with jwow when ronnie's dumb ass isn't there to protect her.
i agree new girl isnt that bad and sam is started to be the worst girl ever shes a fucking cunt

hahhahaha i love how vinny fucked snookie's bestfriend

steenz

« Reply #946 on: January 07, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »
what a great first episode, i'm really excited for the rest of the season 3

Reggie Nobles

• Rep: 84
  • oh no
« Reply #947 on: January 07, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
I need a gif of the sitch when that new ho "accidentally" stripped in front of him. Classic.

The fight was epic notice that sam didnt run down till ronnie charged down there... Then sammies all like isn't she fake ron??

Yeah shes fake.... lol

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #948 on: January 07, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »
That really quick season preview at the end of the episode got me stoked, showing Sammi and Ronnie breaking up and her leaving the house. At least they won't be able to ruin this season like they did for the majority of the last.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #949 on: January 07, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
I need a gif of the sitch when that new ho "accidentally" stripped in front of him. Classic.

The fight was epic notice that sam didnt run down till ronnie charged down there... Then sammies all like isn't she fake ron??

Yeah shes fake.... lol

haha that little exchanged really got me, pretty much any time ronnie tries to fulfill his boyfriend duties actually. Sitch looks like he'll be a lot better this season, less of a father figure

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #950 on: January 07, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
It was hella funny when Snook said that Ronnie's mom calls here every week and asks why her son is with sam.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #951 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »
Only one good quote from The Situation this episode, but it was a banger. "If she was a holiday, she'd be Thanksgiving. Because she has so much to give, and likes a lot of stuffing."
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #952 on: January 07, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
what a great first episode, i'm really excited for the rest of the season 3

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #953 on: January 07, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
fucking Ryder = life gnar

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #954 on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »
fucking Ryder = life gnar

The real star of the show is back:

goddamn duck phone.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

pmatute

« Reply #955 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:37 PM »
Great first episode. I hate that new skank. Im all on sammys side, no matter how lame she is. She's the hottest of them all

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #956 on: January 08, 2011, 05:57:54 AM »
Im all on sammys side, no matter how lame she is. She's the hottest of them all

nose job

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #957 on: January 08, 2011, 03:42:06 PM »
Great first episode. I hate that new skank. Im all on sammys side, no matter how lame she is. She's the hottest of them all

Fuck team Sammy (not literally). I'd fuck Jwoww and let her rip my head off.

you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

untitled

• Rep: -2
« Reply #958 on: January 08, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »
i need gif when snooki screams "you are a fucking slutty-assed bitch" lol

pmatute

« Reply #959 on: January 08, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck team Sammy (not literally). I'd fuck Jwoww and let her rip my head off.

DAMN! She is pretty damn sexy.