Author Topic: Poppalardo  (Read 20205 times)

Lane2095

Re: Poppalardo
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »
compared to how tech he used to be to how basic he is now i just dont like his new footy anymore...if your not going to put out footy a lot when you do put it out it needs to be good...so he better have a full part in chocolate video and it better not be another one of these so called timeless parts like the lakai one....

jrf

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »
the way his feet are place on his board during the set up and in the air on that ollie over the chain was pretty cool looking in my opinion

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:37 AM »
I lost respect for him a while ago. I know alot defend him and say his style and what he has done thru the years, but this is where that comment is bogus as shit. He is 27-30 somewhere in there, you see guys normally regress from age past 35 (Carroll and some of the girl camp is excluded!) and his career isnt even half as influencial as those guys. He seems to act like he has led some epic skate career, that is ignorant! What he is putting out, a ton of skaters could do but here is the kicker guys; He gets paid for this, he has a pro shoe for this, and he has a pro deck from this which he gets the revenue for, as for you guys none of the above, just hopes and dreams. Im not saying you skate for sponsorship and to get famous. None of us started skating with strickly that mentality, but to focus more on things other than skating, and sit back and milk the perks from pro skating while not doing it(cmon it shows!) I think is pretty lame.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2010, 05:45:52 AM »
his sponsers are seeimgly happy with him so lets just stop being bitter shall we, some people are just lucky that they get paid to do what they like to do.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2010, 05:49:05 AM »
As long as he still wants to be a professional skateboarder instead of doing it for the paycheck, I'm down. I'll wait for the Chocolate video before I draw more conclusions.

labamaia

• Rep: 3
  • switch tre
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2010, 05:57:27 AM »
Pops's footage: 7 ollies, nothing else

fuck pops, love kenny!!!!
laba flav bitches.....

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2010, 08:13:18 AM »

that doesn't look like him to me. is that the joke? i'm confused.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »
nah that kids just a biter. he probably claims to have a passion for woodworking now
FREE MAX B

cops keep firing

• Rep: 63
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »
i was just thinking with all of the recent "progression" in skating i.e.
ledge combo tricks and what not, do you not find it refreshing that
some people are opting out of trying to do the next best combo?

i've heard so many people say enough with the ledge dancing.
well popps is the antithesis of that kind of skating.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2010, 04:39:11 PM »
there is so many more things he could have done in that sequence that would of made people say it was okay but nothing special but look at it its 2 ollies thats something many of us would do warming up its not like his ollies look any better than the next person i like how much support this guy gets and then actually good skating gets hated its ridiculous hahaha

the next curren caples

• Rep: -35
  • Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:09 PM »
Okay fellas listen up: we have more than two choices of types of skating to prefer and support.  It's not like, if we don't like ledge dancing or Mike Mo or whatever, then we must like Anthony Poppalardo and his fat kid-style of professional skateboarding.  So stop comparing Poppalardo to whatever you think is the worst kind of skating right now as if we can only support one of those two types of skating (you god damned idiot).  This is an example of a logical fallacy that is so common that it even has a name ('false choice').  And this is why Poppalardo is the worst: because he is fully taking advantage of the fact that some of you are so stupid that you really think the only choices you have as to who you want to support are him and Mike Mo or Nugget or some such person.  If you people had brains in your heads, then he would have only his little benches to financially support him and those skaters that actually kill the kind of skating that he fronts like he's capable of doing well would be getting his paychecks.  I applaud you if you want to support someone besides P Rod, but get a fucking clue as to what's what in the non-P Rod world of skaters first; there are plenty of sick ones who should be getting paid and they're not.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2010, 07:42:11 PM »
LOL at this topic. We're better off talking about what's better for healing cancer than finding a happy medium between hate and apreesh for Popps.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Dirtyjersey

• Rep: -4
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2010, 05:38:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Pops's footage: 7 ollies, nothing else

I'd rather see 7 ollies by pappalardo then see 1 chris cole flip.
[close]

russ

• Rep: -10
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2010, 08:34:24 AM »
He could kick all ya'll asses in s.k.a.t.e

HBeezy561

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »
i think his bench's are dope and not just cause i back Pops one hunnid but because i thinks it cool to strive to be good at other things besides just skateboaring!!! (waits for hate)

the next curren caples

• Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2010, 11:32:09 AM »
Yeah, I'm currently trying to build up a sick stamp collection--I'm gonna be the best at that shit!  GET SOME!

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »
its on a blog, get over it. do people consider blogs legit coverage now? i thought its a given that anything that shows up on those things is throwaway/fucking around

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2010, 09:36:20 AM »
i dont think most of you get it

if pops made a part like his old parts, it wouldnt have been as good, and probably would have been outshined by everyone else on the video fully flared.

pops made a unique part of all never been seen spots all in really sick urban locations which was hardly the case on that video. most of the spots were in europe, asia, or in california (and not in downtown spots for the most part they were like industrial type locations). also every trick was like first try cause those spots are so heat youd get kicked out in a second.

if he would have made a part like his old parts i guarantee everyone would have completely forgot about him by now.

i am going to come out with a part this year that is all first try shit like that too like skating in places where everyone else has deemed it "unskateable", well i am going to skate it while getting the boot and ill have all these sick unique spots and it will be interesting to watch instead of me trying to muster up some ledge trick i can hardly do and have it look like shit and fall into the wave of youtube skate videos.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2010, 09:39:10 AM »
^ what he said

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »
i think his bench's are dope and not just cause i back Pops one hunnid but because i thinks it cool to strive to be good at other things besides just skateboaring!!! (waits for hate)
No hate, I agree on this one

Swanson

• Rep: -6
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »
Poppalardo Poops

30 Helens Agree:

• Rep: 4
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
im not sure if this has been posted in this thread i just didnt wanna look through the whole thread...

anyone know what this is from

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »
im not sure if this has been posted in this thread i just didnt wanna look through the whole thread...

anyone know what this is from
i understand people who are bummed on pops--he's really really good and technical, and instead chooses to do simple, clean tricks.  some people say that's being lazy.  but personally, i actually like to watch clean, simple tricks, instead of tech stuff.  he has amazing style; anything he does looks good.  and i understand why he does it--it's fun as hell to just cruise and pop ollies.

for example: i have personally done a few of the tricks, at those spots, that he does in this little video.  but the tricks are radder when he does them, just because he looks great on a skateboard, and i look sort of like a sloth when i skate.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

the next curren caples

• Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2010, 07:08:04 PM »
Anthony Poppalardo: the first choice of self-loathing sloths everywhere.

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »
someone needs to scan his new converse ad.. a still of a nose manual.

The Pillar

• Rep: 17
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »
someone needs to scan his new converse ad.. a still of a nose manual.

it's not as outrageous as you make it sound

the next curren caples

• Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »
Okay, somebody needs to be stoned to death for suggesting that one of Anthony Poppalardo's recent ads could possibly approach the sickness that is that Cardiel ad.  Cardiel has lived the skateboarding life of a hundred of any of us, and he fucking beat the gnarliest odds of all time.  The fact that he can currently g-turn is breathtakingly excellent, and if that shit never happened to him, he would be flying over your head at a million miles an hour and making you scream.  Get the fuck out of here you emo kook.

The Pillar

• Rep: 17
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »
Okay, somebody needs to be stoned to death for suggesting that one of Anthony Poppalardo's recent ads could possibly approach the sickness that is that Cardiel ad.  Cardiel has lived the skateboarding life of a hundred of any of us, and he fucking beat the gnarliest odds of all time.  The fact that he can currently g-turn is breathtakingly excellent, and if that shit never happened to him, he would be flying over your head at a million miles an hour and making you scream.  Get the fuck out of here you emo kook.

i'm not suggesting he approaches cards. cards is cards. pops is pops. i question what is wrong with a nose manual in still. if there is no flip in flip out type shit what need is there for sequence?