Author Topic: grinding down to the axle  (Read 164296 times)

BallparkFrank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: grinding down to the axle
« Reply #570 on: November 28, 2022, 04:27:26 PM »
I have a friend who’s getting there, and he’s been working on it for yeeeears!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #571 on: November 28, 2022, 04:28:47 PM »
I have a friend who’s getting there, and he’s been working on it for yeeeears!

tell your friend he can do it and we believe in him.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #572 on: January 26, 2023, 04:23:58 PM »

I’d have kept these running for longer but I’ve seen the light of 159s.

A lot of concrete seen against these

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #573 on: January 26, 2023, 04:44:51 PM »
Sheer beauty @Paco Supreme !

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 835
« Reply #574 on: January 26, 2023, 05:23:43 PM »

retired thunder 151s. both pics are of the back truck. tried to break em, but I aint strong enough. was feebling on the bushing and had to call it quits.. when the gear isn't letting you do specific tricks anymore it's time for it to be done as much as you want to kill em completely

love it but why block out the logo?

BL0B

• Rep: 420
« Reply #575 on: January 26, 2023, 05:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote

retired thunder 151s. both pics are of the back truck. tried to break em, but I aint strong enough. was feebling on the bushing and had to call it quits.. when the gear isn't letting you do specific tricks anymore it's time for it to be done as much as you want to kill em completely
[close]

love it but why block out the logo?

it's a shoelace holding the two trucks together.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #576 on: January 26, 2023, 05:32:39 PM »
Haha. Sorry!

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #577 on: January 26, 2023, 05:51:19 PM »

Skated with @goldfishboot last weekend, and I can tell you firsthand that this homey is already well on the way to murdering yet another set of trucks.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

switchfakie

« Reply #578 on: January 26, 2023, 08:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Skated with @goldfishboot last weekend, and I can tell you firsthand that this homey is already well on the way to murdering yet another set of trucks.

what the fuck are yall skating that does this shit to your trucks

curbs? pool coping?

ive done every trick i know hundreds of times on metal ledges and metal coping with my current pair and barely have krook + backtruck heelside grooves

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #579 on: January 26, 2023, 09:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

what the fuck are yall skating that does this shit to your trucks

curbs? pool coping?

ive done every trick i know hundreds of times on metal ledges and metal coping with my current pair and barely have krook + backtruck heelside grooves

Concrete! That shit eats up your trucks gloriously.

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #580 on: January 27, 2023, 01:52:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

well, Lou, you won't believe how right you were. The very night you posted this message, my Thunder 149 hollow lights were pulverized by a San Francisco city bus.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -489
« Reply #581 on: January 27, 2023, 02:34:30 PM »
Best Thread on slap for sure!
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #582 on: January 31, 2023, 05:34:20 PM »

An update on my quixotic quest to ride these indy's until they are dead. I'm now all the way through the hollow section of the axle, and working on grinding through the axle fully. At that point, not sure what will happen. Hanger is holding tough, no cracks anywhere and to be honest the grind is really great, i can even push through pretty crusty red curbs at this point.

I was planning on mounting these on a wall eventually, but now I think i might do some clear resin and make a paperweight with the truck inside...

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #583 on: January 31, 2023, 05:50:16 PM »

An update on my quixotic quest to ride these indy's until they are dead. I'm now all the way through the hollow section of the axle, and working on grinding through the axle fully. At that point, not sure what will happen. Hanger is holding tough, no cracks anywhere and to be honest the grind is really great, i can even push through pretty crusty red curbs at this point.

I was planning on mounting these on a wall eventually, but now I think i might do some clear resin and make a paperweight with the truck inside...
Whoa dude never seen one that ground down

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #584 on: January 31, 2023, 06:00:12 PM »

indy should hook you up for your efforts. Masterpieces.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #585 on: January 31, 2023, 06:07:33 PM »
Looks like you took a bite out of the hanger. Insane

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2023, 06:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m going to submit them as a warranty as a joke when they finally break

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2023, 06:31:27 PM »
Mine always break or bend before i get that far through…. Looks sick…
Worst is when they bend slightly and your wheels start coning real bad

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #588 on: January 31, 2023, 06:34:56 PM »
My other thunders were way more washed but i left those at the skate shop. Took these down to to the axle a while back. Kinda wish i had stuck with em

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #589 on: January 31, 2023, 06:36:26 PM »
Mine always break or bend before i get that far through…. Looks sick…
Worst is when they bend slightly and your wheels start coning real bad

Yeah I never thought I’d make it this far but I’m committed. It’s been two years and they won’t quit

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: January 31, 2023, 07:03:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’m going to submit them as a warranty as a joke when they finally break

I hope they replace them with some Stage 4 151s for you to 'test' on a Huffer.

IpathCats

« Reply #591 on: January 31, 2023, 08:19:24 PM »

Very nice.

Gnar'd

switchfakie

« Reply #592 on: January 31, 2023, 09:22:44 PM »

hot damn, ive never seen a truck this ground down before

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #593 on: January 31, 2023, 10:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hot damn, ive never seen a truck this ground down before

yeah, in my 21 years of skating.. never seen this and its really quite impressive

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #594 on: January 31, 2023, 10:40:25 PM »

/thread
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #595 on: February 01, 2023, 02:04:55 AM »
Jesus fucking Christ

Wow

Bravo 👏
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #596 on: February 01, 2023, 02:05:23 AM »
Send them into that Instagram page man
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #597 on: February 01, 2023, 02:35:19 AM »
Is that a 5-0 groove or a crooked groove?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

IpathCats

« Reply #598 on: February 01, 2023, 05:59:49 AM »
Do ventures/thunders grind down faster than independents?

I didn't spend enough time on either to know for sure, but they seemed like they were getting worn down much quicker than indys

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #599 on: February 01, 2023, 07:16:44 AM »
Do ventures/thunders grind down faster than independents?

I didn't spend enough time on either to know for sure, but they seemed like they were getting worn down much quicker than indys

I can't speak for Venture but all my Thunder trucks back in the day ground down way faster as my Indys nowadays.
I never was able to fully axle a Thunder, because they always broke. But that was like 10+ years ago.
IG: @flowterspace