Author Topic: Bones HardCore Bushings  (Read 32156 times)

Coone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Bones HardCore Bushings
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »
I have hard ones and as loose as i can. Sometimes im afraid that they fell off. I maybe should take the top washer off or buy medium ones but the price is salty.

They feel great, they turn when i want them to turn. Also i've tried my friends board, he has stock bushings on indy10's (i have em too and we both ride lows) and i noticed that my ones turn better. After these there ain't no way back to stocks. :/

jhskates84

• Rep: -14
  • Halleujah, Holla back
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
Yellow mediums fo life!  Theeve and half of the skate industry swear by them!  They're pretty legit

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:43 PM »
I bought a pair of the mediums for my indys and never looked back. 

Latarian Milton

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
I've been riding the stock orange Indy bushings for a while too and finally made the switch to medium Bones bushings last week...I'm not going back.

Sarah Jessica ParkFootage

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
What would y'all suggest for a boy who rides as loose as possible, I've been rolling on venture stocks (slightly trimmed down) and predictably they've fallen apart. Would Yellows be my best bet or do I want to GO HARD? Any views would be appreciated.

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2011, 02:52:23 PM »
What would y'all suggest for a boy who rides as loose as possible, I've been rolling on venture stocks (slightly trimmed down) and predictably they've fallen apart. Would Yellows be my best bet or do I want to GO HARD? Any views would be appreciated.
If you like your trucks super loose get the softs, my man.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2011, 08:36:42 AM »
i had some bones bushing lying around so i took the plunge and threw them on.
theres no real benefit other than being able to take out the bottom bushing caps so i can ride a little looser without fear of the kingpin nut falling off. 
so far so good but after 2 sessions, i can already see the plastic insert starting to stress and change shape.  i don't think i'll be forking over another $10 any time soon.       

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Emailed bones on Tuesday about blown out bottom bushings, and on Thursday they told me to respond back with my address for a replacement. Just got home today and got these in the mail.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »
Were the blown out ones defective? Or is that how they all are?

That's great that they'll send you a replacement, but it would be a lot better if the product just did what it was supposed to in the first place.

spare change

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »
It does for many of us,
I skate alot. Things wear out. I dont have unrealistic expectation of any skateboard related product.
I read a lot of what you post here and you seem let down by most everything skateboard product related lately.
Maybe it's just you and not the gear. 

brokenheadphone

« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2011, 04:48:07 AM »
I don't think my expectations are unrealistic. I'm not dissatisfied with everything I use either. The wheels, trucks, bushings and bearings I'm currently using are fine. My current deck is okay too. The shape isn't my favorite but it's holding up alright.

Of course things wear out. Back when I was a teenager and skated for several hours each day, I might ride a deck for about month. But for that month the deck did what it was supposed to. Never cracked any deck on the third day skating it, on flatground for example. But I have done that with boards today. I was heavier back then too. I don't think it's just me, and I'm not the only complaining that the quality of certain products has gone down.

I have no personal beef with Bones bushings...never tried them and have no real plans to. The plastic insert just seems like a bad design.

Pretty satisfied with the Indy replacement bushings I'm using...they do what they're supposed to, no blowouts yet - fingers crossed.

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2011, 09:01:15 AM »
Just got my replacements in the mail.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2011, 01:40:14 PM »
I don't think my expectations are unrealistic. I'm not dissatisfied with everything I use either. The wheels, trucks, bushings and bearings I'm currently using are fine. My current deck is okay too. The shape isn't my favorite but it's holding up alright.

Of course things wear out. Back when I was a teenager and skated for several hours each day, I might ride a deck for about month. But for that month the deck did what it was supposed to. Never cracked any deck on the third day skating it, on flatground for example. But I have done that with boards today. I was heavier back then too. I don't think it's just me, and I'm not the only complaining that the quality of certain products has gone down.

I have no personal beef with Bones bushings...never tried them and have no real plans to. The plastic insert just seems like a bad design.

Pretty satisfied with the Indy replacement bushings I'm using...they do what they're supposed to, no blowouts yet - fingers crossed.

Gotta agree on that deck opinion.  When I was younger, I was heavier and skated stairs more than anything else.  Never really broke boards prematurely.  Now I'm about 20lbs lighter, and much better at skateboarding than when I was younger; yet I've snapped several boards recently on flat ground tricks.  I just think because of the huge rise in skateboarders since I started skating, products have severely decreased in quality to keep up with the demand, especially decks.  But that's just me.

Cajungly

• Rep: -10
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »
 I just put them in Venture highs and im never changing back.

spare change

« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2011, 03:53:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Gotta agree on that deck opinion.  When I was younger, I was heavier and skated stairs more than anything else.  Never really broke boards prematurely.  Now I'm about 20lbs lighter, and much better at skateboarding than when I was younger; yet I've snapped several boards recently on flat ground tricks.  I just think because of the huge rise in skateboarders since I started skating, products have severely decreased in quality to keep up with the demand, especially decks.  But that's just me.
I don't think breaking boards means that the quality is always less.  A few things to remember.
1.They build boards stiffer now, meaning less give,less flex.They use harder epoxy's and add other elements to increase a boards stiffness. If you land wrong, a stiff board will crack everytime.
2. You aren't as flexible as you once were. Meaning when you were younger you absorbed the impact. Most people aren't as flexible in their 30s as they were in there teens. Bending those knees and hips helps boards not crack first day
3.Progression means perfecting techniques, which means breaking boards because you're trying new stuff.It's cool to hear guys who are in better shape and progress, but things weren't always better back when.

I've been skating for over 20 years, broken a shit load of boards and I'm a big guy. I'm sure some companies quality levels have dropped but don't lump every manufacturer into this generalization. If you are having issues, choose different gear.Plenty of people make good stuff. When I skate I am surprised things don't break, so I always expect it. Just A thought.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2011, 07:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I don't think breaking boards means that the quality is always less.  A few things to remember.
1.They build boards stiffer now, meaning less give,less flex.They use harder epoxy's and add other elements to increase a boards stiffness. If you land wrong, a stiff board will crack everytime.
2. You aren't as flexible as you once were. Meaning when you were younger you absorbed the impact. Most people aren't as flexible in their 30s as they were in there teens. Bending those knees and hips helps boards not crack first day
3.Progression means perfecting techniques, which means breaking boards because you're trying new stuff.It's cool to hear guys who are in better shape and progress, but things weren't always better back when.

I've been skating for over 20 years, broken a shit load of boards and I'm a big guy. I'm sure some companies quality levels have dropped but don't lump every manufacturer into this generalization. If you are having issues, choose different gear.Plenty of people make good stuff. When I skate I am surprised things don't break, so I always expect it. Just A thought.

I know you work at a skate shop as well.  And my point is mainly directed to Watson Laminates.  I remember Toy Machine/Foundation boards being brick shithouses pre-2004ish.  The past few I've set up have just been super spongey and soft, and 2 of the last 8 boards broke on flatground flip tricks.  I just feel like their boards specifically have gone WAY downhill.  I'm not sure if you're seeing it to, but even customers I sell Tum Yeto boards to come back with snapped decks after a few days.

spare change

« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »
I think thats why they started using bareback/generator. They make it sound like not all boards will be done there but all of the new ones we have gotten are. Honestly any toy boards I've ever skated felt flimsy but I am a beast. The only board I've skated in the last few years that felt rock solid was a coda board. They use south central right? Tail was a little flatter than I'm used to but it was a great board.

sk8_stuff

• Rep: -2
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:39 AM »
I have skated for 13 years and just tried bones bushings last year on my Indys and they have been awesome for me. Im still on the same set I started with too, no blow outs or anything. Which used to happen to every set of Indy and Thunder bushings I have ever had.
Think, it's not illegal yet. - Les Claypool

Cold Pizza

« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2011, 08:17:52 AM »
I think thats why they started using bareback/generator. They make it sound like not all boards will be done there but all of the new ones we have gotten are. Honestly any toy boards I've ever skated felt flimsy but I am a beast. The only board I've skated in the last few years that felt rock solid was a coda board. They use south central right? Tail was a little flatter than I'm used to but it was a great board.

So Tum Yeto is using Bareback/Generator now?  The only reason I continue to skate Toy/Foundation boards is the fact that the new "Vice Mold" shape seems to be a bit better.  They actually added a good amount of concave and the boards have a nice big symmetrical band-aid shape.  But now that you mention this, maybe this is one of their new Bareback/Generator boards.  If so, I hope the switch every shape over to this wood/concave/mold.

sk8_stuff

• Rep: -2
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2011, 08:29:04 AM »
Something did change with Toy boards for sure. My friend had some purple one that seem extra flat, had a weird shaped nose and tail, that both seemed too small for the width of the board. It also chipped really easy too. Then last week he got a Trapasso board, the dude with the drum sticks one, and it is a totally different shape. Big nose and good concave. It's like it's from a totally different company.
Think, it's not illegal yet. - Les Claypool

brokenheadphone

« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2011, 09:01:38 AM »
Spare, I get what you're saying about not being as flexible as before. That's part of the reason I've decided to move to a wider deck and a longer wheelbase. Since I've still slowly re-learning how to skate again (it's been ~2 months after a decade+ layoff) I don't feel like I'm really pushing the boards I've ridden to their limits at all. And yeah, I can see how harder glues and such will make a board stiffer and easier to break, but I can't afford to buy a new deck every week.

I don't know who pressed DLX decks in say, 1996 or how the process was different compared to now, but I definitely don't like the boards they are producing now (by Bareback). The shapes are okay, but the decks don't hold up at all.

I just got a Deckcrafters 3 Fish and the board feels solid as a rock. I was hoping for a deeper concave but it's fine. I'll see how it holds up.

Still searching for that perfect board...

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2011, 07:48:42 PM »

damn! they send you two sets?! how long did it take to get them? i sent a pic of mine today, the lady said she would replace them.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2011, 11:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn! they send you two sets?! how long did it take to get them? i sent a pic of mine today, the lady said she would replace them.

It took mine about a week, but I live in Kentucky.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2011, 08:21:29 AM »
I have been skating the new set I put in my Venture Hi's for about three or four weeks. Yesterday I noticed the front bottom bushing has squashed out and pushed down covering the yellow plastic and the top bushing on the back truck had done the same. I was skating them as loose as possible aswell. tbh I expected it to happen when I first put them on.

I don't think I cba asking for another replacement. I'm gonna put in my spare white thunder bushings.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2011, 08:53:43 AM »
I have been skating the new set I put in my Venture Hi's for about three or four weeks. Yesterday I noticed the front bottom bushing has squashed out and pushed down covering the yellow plastic and the top bushing on the back truck had done the same. I was skating them as loose as possible aswell. tbh I expected it to happen when I first put them on.

I don't think I cba asking for another replacement. I'm gonna put in my spare white thunder bushings.

ive got the same problem atm, which really just means my trucks feel looser than ever but i did prefer them how they were before, anyone know if they do replacements in the UK?

mattyc

• Rep: -6
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2011, 11:05:59 AM »

This happened to me a few weeks ago and they sent me a replacement set.  I've been skating bones hardcore's for almost 10 years now and I'd never had that happen before.
-mattyc

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
Don't buy these. The bottom Bones Mediums on both trucks are blown out after only a few weeks. I had two other sets that lasted for years. They must have some recent manufacturing issues.

I'd send them back, but they're probably the same shit and I'd rather not change them out again and re-chase my kingpins. Bushings should at least last for the life of the truck.

Sarah Jessica ParkFootage

« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2011, 02:04:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ive got the same problem atm, which really just means my trucks feel looser than ever but i did prefer them how they were before, anyone know if they do replacements in the UK?

Mine have completely bust too, they were softs though so i kind of saw it coming... Ifff they do replacements in the UK maybe I'll get some hard ones and cut them down so I can skate them loose.
 Hell I dunno, they actually still skate pretty good but they do look like they've prolapsed.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Mine have completely bust too, they were softs though so i kind of saw it coming... Ifff they do replacements in the UK maybe I'll get some hard ones and cut them down so I can skate them loose.
 Hell I dunno, they actually still skate pretty good but they do look like they've prolapsed.

haha yeah they do look like they've prolapsed.

I'm in the UK. I messaged Bones on the email address from their site and they sent the replacements to me from their UK distro (Shiner)