Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 280163 times)

snaked plissken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
Re: Stay Gold - Offical Thread
« Reply #720 on: August 30, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
Im agreeing with cotg, Reynolds and Preston were my favorite parts. Fuck Reynolds song though, that shits brutal. Its sounds like some whack Arcade Fire crap. Down for all the Dead Meadow in this video too, but John Cale was by far the best soundtrack choice.

Big white cloud is an amazing song...looking forward to see how it looks in a skate video

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #721 on: August 30, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »
westgate=mindblown
tricks are for kids , style is forever

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #722 on: August 30, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »
that's funny because i was REALLY feeling the song for reynolds's part. different strokes...

BriDen

« Reply #723 on: August 30, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »
I thought Reynolds song worked especially well with the way it ended the video. Fuck all the instrumental tracks though; that shit's cheesy and belongs in a Logic video.

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #724 on: August 30, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »
A PM would be much appreciated. Thank you.
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #725 on: August 30, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »
although reynolds was definitely the best part, i probably enjoyed watching westgate's the most.  the song and the all around vibe of it is different in a good way from a lot of videos.  he just goes so fast and gets everything so perfect, it's awesome. 

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #726 on: August 30, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
Everyone had pretty amazing parts. It seems like Bryan Herman has some fake Tom Panny steeze issues going on at the moment, especially his bench and picnic table tricks. You can tell the weed and booze has taken effect on his motivation. Still a much better part than most people put out though. I was a little disappointed with Leo's part for some reason. He did that gross push thing where he takes several small pushes really fast and it's pretty ugly in my opinion. Still his part had some amazing shit in it and I'll definitely be watching it many more times. Reynold's part was fucking insane. The way he pops flip tricks and just floats, then lands with such style and ease... He's on a completely different level than anyone else. Still waiting to see Heath's part. That Figgy kid still seems like a bit of a faggot but there is no denying he is amazing on a skateboard.I haven't really digested the video, but those were my initial thought.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #727 on: August 30, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »
can a homie get a pm over hurrrr. please and thank you.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #728 on: August 30, 2010, 07:22:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yea this video actually is pretty boring. I really only like the table section,preston, and reynolds. Leo is tight, but his part was nothing but rails. I hate to admit that gipper was somewhat right.
[close]
cmon dude you gotta do a full part by part review. this thread is not complete until you do so.
[close]
Jerry Hsu- Light hearted tilt moder just out to have fun and get creative on a skateboard? Nope. Jerry has grown up, and now he is a stressed out and angry man who is out for the hammers and will not be happy until he gets one. How do I know? Half of his part is him stressing out at spots. This part is crappy compared to his Bag of Suck part, Tilt mode parts, or combined part with Louie in the Osiris video. It was like somebody came up to him and said "We know you like skating all sorts of terrain, being creative, and having fun, but this is the Emerica video, so we demand you only have hammers," and completely ruined his part. Nothing innovative or that interesting like you would usually expect from Jerry.

i thought the bank to rail and bank to ledge stuff was pretty cool, switch 5050 and switch nosegrind on the respective spots were both amazing. and i'm not sure how you can really hate on that nollie back tail. the part may not having him farting or jumping on a trampoline, but it was still good for what it's worth. and i can't really imagine that jerry is just now starting to get angry when skating, they probably just chose not to throw in stress in his previous parts.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #729 on: August 30, 2010, 07:33:14 PM »
Jerry Hsu- Light hearted tilt moder just out to have fun and get creative on a skateboard? Nope. Jerry has grown up, and now he is a stressed out and angry man who is out for the hammers and will not be happy until he gets one. How do I know? Half of his part is him stressing out at spots. This part is crappy compared to his Bag of Suck part, Tilt mode parts, or combined part with Louie in the Osiris video. It was like somebody came up to him and said "We know you like skating all sorts of terrain, being creative, and having fun, but this is the Emerica video, so we demand you only have hammers," and completely ruined his part. Nothing innovative or that interesting like you would usually expect from Jerry.
Ronald Reagan-You have detention!!!!

haha nah I see what you're saying, but I still enjoyed/was surprised by his footage.

edit:plus his BOS part was a real treat-I don't think it's fair to compare his other parts to that you know? I mean that part was serious.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #730 on: August 30, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
Westgate and Herman's picnic table stuff was my favourite.  Westgate has ridiculous pop and speed.

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #731 on: August 30, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »
am i the only one who liked spanky's part?

Laban Fetus

« Reply #732 on: August 30, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
Nope. Short and sweet. That switch varial heel was really sick. I think the song threw a lot of people off

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #733 on: August 30, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nope. Short and sweet. That switch varial heel was really sick. I think the song threw a lot of people off

i appreciate its presence in a hammer-oriented video. He didn't hit a single rail. Nice change of pace.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #734 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
best song in the video. i liked marquis, heath, and hermans song choices too. emerica always has pretty good soundtracks. kids in emerica was the best though. . . roxy music, the locust and my bloody valentine all in one video.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #735 on: August 30, 2010, 08:55:57 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Laban Fetus

« Reply #736 on: August 30, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i appreciate its presence in a hammer-oriented video. He didn't hit a single rail. Nice change of pace.
It's pretty odd comparing Spanky and Herman's parts to their "This Is Skateboarding" debut sections. Two kids who were once marketed as "handrail babies" are skating the exact opposite 7 years later

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #737 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #738 on: August 30, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »

It's pretty odd comparing Spanky and Herman's parts to their "This Is Skateboarding" debut sections. Two kids who were once marketed as "handrail babies" are skating the exact opposite 7 years later
[/quote]

this is the smartest thing said in this thread so far. and as for the rest of the parts, theyre all amazing. if you dont like watching people skate the way these guys do, then why watch the video? i hate snowboarding, so im not going to watch snowboard videos. everyone knew what this was going to be before they saw it. its the fucking emerica video. gap and handrail heavy. want nothing but flip in flip out lines? watch a different video. want nothing but urban east coast footage? watch a different video. why point out the fact that this was what everyone thought it would be? name a video you cant do that with.

sidenote, this is coming from an east coaster who preferes urban sprawl skating, and still thought all the blown out cali spot skating was incredible.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #739 on: August 30, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »
"hey im going to watch the new emerica video where every skater does huge gaps/ stairs/ handrails. *watches* OMG TOO MANY GAPS/ STAIRS/ HANDRAILS GAY GAY GAY."

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #740 on: August 30, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »
now i feel like the only person who hansnt seen it

pm pleeeeaseeeeee

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #741 on: August 30, 2010, 10:50:55 PM »
Leo's gap to backlip at the ATL Guitar Center was gnarly. Always see how big that set is from the interstate while driving thru ATL.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

familyrapist

« Reply #742 on: August 30, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »
someone needs to reedit hermans picnic table part to three six mafia

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #743 on: August 30, 2010, 11:21:24 PM »

No they don't.

LDJ

• Rep: 7
« Reply #744 on: August 30, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

Sweat Leaf would've been marginally more 'G Code'.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #745 on: August 30, 2010, 11:28:22 PM »
the intro to the video bugged me, felt like saturday night live or something. the skating was mostly great though, bryan herman doesnt really need motivation i think, just better spots/spot selection. cali schools look extra boring after westgates part.

marquis and 'figgy' should have shared a part, they each had a bunch of good stuff and a bunch of filler. figgy fs smith at the end is one of the craziest rail tricks ever?

leos part is super good but the push was offsetting just a bit.

reynolds minramp line looked super weird to me, something about it. he lands really high up in the transition or something, too high to explain but i thought it was different.

bryan herman also looks so fuckin crazy/like jereme rogers sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:30:06 PM by ice nine »
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #746 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:41 PM »
 please pm me a link please

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #747 on: August 30, 2010, 11:35:33 PM »
I've heard that Heath's part isn't in the Itunes version. Can anyone confirm or dismiss this?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #748 on: August 30, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
I've heard that Heath's part isn't in the Itunes version. Can anyone confirm or dismiss this?

that's what deaner said

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #749 on: August 31, 2010, 12:37:40 AM »
they should reedit the whole part with the picnic tables included with the other stuff.