Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8701040 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45120 on: April 18, 2022, 09:18:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I may have ordered some blondies…
[close]
I get the Blondey hate, he's pretentious and too self-centered. Sometimes he looks quite narcissistic and egocentric. But i really dig his skating, limited bag of tricks, but always done properly.
[close]
I remember seeing on his Instagram stories a while ago that he goes to therapy / does counseling for his narcissism. Maybe there’s a personality disorder he’s dealing with that he isn’t posting about (which is very fair). Gotta give the guy credit for at least owning it and taking care of that. Respect.
[close]

I’ve met Blondey before at this adidas event and the dude just sat next to me, complimented my tshirt and started chatting in a really down to earth manner… I really thought he was an easy going and approachable dude.
I think most people think he’s cocky because of being associated with fashion and usually fashion people are pricks…
that's cool, you gotta wonder how a lot of pros actually come across in real life. Maybe Prawn Powers is also super down to earth and ultra friendly.

Synthetic shoes don't stink on my feet, I wonder how much of it is genetics and or diet. I always wear cotton or hemp socks though so maybe that's a factor?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #45121 on: April 18, 2022, 09:59:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
I get the Blondey hate, he's pretentious and too self-centered. Sometimes he looks quite narcissistic and egocentric. But i really dig his skating, limited bag of tricks, but always done properly.
[close]
I remember seeing on his Instagram stories a while ago that he goes to therapy / does counseling for his narcissism. Maybe there’s a personality disorder he’s dealing with that he isn’t posting about (which is very fair). Gotta give the guy credit for at least owning it and taking care of that. Respect.
[close]

I’ve met Blondey before at this adidas event and the dude just sat next to me, complimented my tshirt and started chatting in a really down to earth manner… I really thought he was an easy going and approachable dude.
I think most people think he’s cocky because of being associated with fashion and usually fashion people are pricks…
[close]
that's cool, you gotta wonder how a lot of pros actually come across in real life. Maybe Prawn Powers is also super down to earth and ultra friendly.

Synthetic shoes don't stink on my feet, I wonder how much of it is genetics and or diet. I always wear cotton or hemp socks though so maybe that's a factor?
I have the shittest diet and my shoes never stink. I don't even wear socks. These people are like as healthy as a person can get and also wear socks more expensive than my shoes lol. I think it's probably just you cant run hundreds of kms in shoes without it eventually getting swampy. Also they often do cross country running so maybe their shoes are getting waterlogged too.
Probably not a fair comparison for average skater/skate shoes.

Solex

• Rep: 29
« Reply #45122 on: April 19, 2022, 02:30:23 PM »
Synthetic shoes do stink on my feet, no matter the type of socks I wear. I never have this problem with leather shoes.

nevrwasben

« Reply #45123 on: April 19, 2022, 06:40:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Synthetic shoes do stink on my feet, no matter the type of socks I wear. I never have this problem with leather shoes.
+1, Ive always hated that synthetic nubuck and plastic leather because of it

Edit: I wish technology in synthetic fabrics would improve tho!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #45124 on: April 20, 2022, 12:03:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
+1, Ive always hated that synthetic nubuck and plastic leather because of it

Edit: I wish technology in synthetic fabrics would improve tho!

They are… but most companies use synthetics to cheapen out the product and not to offer an actual quality non-animal alternative. There’s loads of synthetics that have incredible quality/feel/look but then they are as pricey or more than animal leather.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #45125 on: April 20, 2022, 05:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This made me like him more. Therapy should be more pushed in skateboarding. Lots of Pros need that shit.

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #45126 on: April 20, 2022, 07:25:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Yeah I've actually heard really good things about Blondey from people that have met him

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #45127 on: April 20, 2022, 08:34:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
This made me like him more. Therapy should be more pushed in skateboarding. Lots of Pros need that shit.
People, in general, need that shit.

DanRar009

• Rep: 53
« Reply #45128 on: April 20, 2022, 09:04:00 AM »
Was thinking about grabbing the welsh colorway of the lakai telford. Anyone know how the Telford low fits? Last pair of lakais I had were Cambridge mids and they fit a half size too big for me

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #45129 on: April 20, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I like it too but there is something a bit weird about trumpeting your treatment for narcissism on IG

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #45130 on: April 20, 2022, 02:18:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

I like it too but there is something a bit weird about trumpeting your treatment for narcissism on IG
I don’t think it’s anything that needs to be hidden away, people sharing their stories / struggles is what can lead to others getting the help they want/ need. There is an entire foundation based around skateboarding talking / being open about mental health and it’s done a world of good. Look at Trevor Thompson and Aaron Herrington’s latest interviews for example they both talk about their pasts with substance abuse and poor mental health. I’m hyped on anyone that talks about therapy on any platform , it has the potential to save lives.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45131 on: April 20, 2022, 06:51:53 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #45132 on: April 20, 2022, 08:28:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I don’t think it’s anything that needs to be hidden away, people sharing their stories / struggles is what can lead to others getting the help they want/ need. There is an entire foundation based around skateboarding talking / being open about mental health and it’s done a world of good. Look at Trevor Thompson and Aaron Herrington’s latest interviews for example they both talk about their pasts with substance abuse and poor mental health. I’m hyped on anyone that talks about therapy on any platform , it has the potential to save lives.

No no I am 100% for transparency - it’s just the irony of using social media (which is basically an exercise in narcissism) to announce your struggles with narcissism.   

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #45133 on: April 23, 2022, 12:04:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Would gnar!

I fucking love this.  If America were more decent, we'd have free mental health care.  It would save so many lives, and even if you don't go regularly, you can still take away some great tools and learn to become more emotionally intelligent.  Win-win.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45134 on: April 23, 2022, 04:50:57 PM »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #45135 on: April 24, 2022, 01:18:31 AM »

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #45136 on: April 24, 2022, 04:48:02 AM »
https://issuu.com/statefootwear/docs/20220221_state_footwear_autumn_2022_issuu

I wasn't sure if State was still going

Honestly, I love the image and the designs..so I wish there were more styles of course, but for what they got, I respect it and wish more shops would carry them

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45137 on: April 24, 2022, 06:59:27 AM »
I always get State and Globe’s designs confused. How do States skate?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #45138 on: April 24, 2022, 11:48:33 AM »

if you like vulc shoes they're good, and they have some of the best stock insoles i've skated. they last about as long as a pair of skate vans.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #45139 on: April 24, 2022, 12:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Watch his Out There. He has Bipolar Disorder Type 1, the one with mania. He openly talks about going without sleep for long periods. He seems like a cool person to me and I enjoy his skating too

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45140 on: April 24, 2022, 01:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you like vulc shoes they're good, and they have some of the best stock insoles i've skated. they last about as long as a pair of skate vans.

Awesome! How is the fit comparatively? I’ve never seen them in a local shop but like the ones that Matt Rod wears.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45141 on: April 24, 2022, 03:13:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Awesome! How is the fit comparatively? I’ve never seen them in a local shop but like the ones that Matt Rod wears.

i’ve only had two of their models (mercer and salem) and none of these are in this season’s catalog but the mercers were true to size and the salems were a little tighter. i wear a size 9 in vans and had 9s in states as well
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #45142 on: April 24, 2022, 06:31:40 PM »
I'll always root for State. Just simple well made vulc shoes. Shame they never took off like Last Resort. I think States are miles better imo.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45143 on: April 24, 2022, 07:42:26 PM »
I'll always root for State. Just simple well made vulc shoes. Shame they never took off like Last Resort. I think States are miles better imo.
I think a hybrid of the two brands would be great; both have their advantages and disadvantages

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #45144 on: April 24, 2022, 09:11:34 PM »

I feel like they had a bit of momentum in 2016, but never really pushed on with it, and a bizarre decision to give Fred Gall a shoe who never wore them/had footage in them.  Their communication was pretty terrible for a while there too, I know my local had some issues with receiving the wrong stock, and never heard back from them. I think they barely survived Covid too. I'll be surprised if it lasts longer than another 12-24 months.

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #45145 on: April 25, 2022, 01:06:35 AM »
I found States terribly heavy and actually not that comfortable, plus the sole is the biggest pebble magnet out there.

The stock insoles were good, but they could have been a tad softer. Very average shoes.

I gave up on them after a few pairs and just went straight back to Emericas.

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #45146 on: April 25, 2022, 01:46:08 AM »
I found States terribly heavy and actually not that comfortable, plus the sole is the biggest pebble magnet out there.

The stock insoles were good, but they could have been a tad softer. Very average shoes.

States are waay better quality than emerica vulcs, the omen lo foxing tape on mine came loose after only a few weeks. And last resorts are also a good bit heavier...

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #45147 on: April 25, 2022, 03:23:39 AM »
I've liked every pair of States that I had. If distro was still going in the southern hemisphere I would still skate em.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45148 on: April 25, 2022, 03:31:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
States are waay better quality than emerica vulcs, the omen lo foxing tape on mine came loose after only a few weeks. And last resorts are also a good bit heavier...

for real, all sole tech vulcs are ass compared to states. maybe they're lighter but they don't last for longer than 2 weeks before the soles go bald or get holes in them. i got like 2 months out of my pair of salems, mind you i shoe goo'd the flick area a lot but i wear it down very, very fast (i hit the duracap on skate half cabs in about 2 weeks) and even after those 2 months there are no holes in the soles and they only have some tiny bald spots.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 08:43:12 AM by roba »
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #45149 on: April 25, 2022, 01:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Apologies, I should have been more specific.
I usually only go for cupsoles, so went back to whatever cup was around at the time.
I remember trying the Empire G6 shoes, those were great.