Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8699524 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45150 on: April 25, 2022, 05:04:22 PM »
grey crockett high samples spotted on mercari. white tongue. i dig.

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m36449920508/

good come sausage

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45151 on: April 26, 2022, 08:19:47 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #45152 on: April 27, 2022, 01:22:26 PM »
Those State Albanys seem about as close to a Vans Chukka Boot as you can legally get. Might have to give them a shot since Vans doesn't keep them in the line much. It's a weird shoe so I get it but I still wish I could regularly get a skate version.

Those redesigned Keys still look some Globe shit and I do not get why they did that to their slip-on.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #45153 on: April 28, 2022, 06:21:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I may have ordered some blondies…
[close]
I get the Blondey hate, he's pretentious and too self-centered. Sometimes he looks quite narcissistic and egocentric. But i really dig his skating, limited bag of tricks, but always done properly.
[close]
I remember seeing on his Instagram stories a while ago that he goes to therapy / does counseling for his narcissism. Maybe there’s a personality disorder he’s dealing with that he isn’t posting about (which is very fair). Gotta give the guy credit for at least owning it and taking care of that. Respect.
[close]

I’ve met Blondey before at this adidas event and the dude just sat next to me, complimented my tshirt and started chatting in a really down to earth manner… I really thought he was an easy going and approachable dude.
I think most people think he’s cocky because of being associated with fashion and usually fashion people are pricks…
[close]
that's cool, you gotta wonder how a lot of pros actually come across in real life. Maybe Prawn Powers is also super down to earth and ultra friendly.

Synthetic shoes don't stink on my feet, I wonder how much of it is genetics and or diet. I always wear cotton or hemp socks though so maybe that's a factor?

diet really makes a huge difference regarding stink sweat in my experience. Plant based diet diminishes b.o.

eSK3

« Reply #45154 on: April 28, 2022, 06:20:21 PM »
Wearing clean socks and taking two to three showers a day keeps the body odor free…Regardless of a persons “diet” 🤣

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45155 on: April 28, 2022, 06:25:39 PM »
Three showers a day? K’mate …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #45156 on: April 28, 2022, 09:23:30 PM »
Wearing clean socks and taking two to three showers a day keeps the body odor free…Regardless of a persons “diet” 🤣
Shower when I wake up: check
Shower after skating: check
Shower… 3rd shower… huh: not check

But I do agree no amount of organic is keeping anyone from stinkin man

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #45157 on: April 29, 2022, 11:49:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I may have ordered some blondies…
[close]
I get the Blondey hate, he's pretentious and too self-centered. Sometimes he looks quite narcissistic and egocentric. But i really dig his skating, limited bag of tricks, but always done properly.
[close]
I remember seeing on his Instagram stories a while ago that he goes to therapy / does counseling for his narcissism. Maybe there’s a personality disorder he’s dealing with that he isn’t posting about (which is very fair). Gotta give the guy credit for at least owning it and taking care of that. Respect.
[close]

I’ve met Blondey before at this adidas event and the dude just sat next to me, complimented my tshirt and started chatting in a really down to earth manner… I really thought he was an easy going and approachable dude.
I think most people think he’s cocky because of being associated with fashion and usually fashion people are pricks…
[close]
that's cool, you gotta wonder how a lot of pros actually come across in real life. Maybe Prawn Powers is also super down to earth and ultra friendly.

Synthetic shoes don't stink on my feet, I wonder how much of it is genetics and or diet. I always wear cotton or hemp socks though so maybe that's a factor?
[close]

diet really makes a huge difference regarding stink sweat in my experience. Plant based diet diminishes b.o.

I’ve been plant based for over a decade. Still stinky.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #45158 on: April 29, 2022, 12:19:34 PM »
yea that's partially genetics, partially  diet, partially hygiene

my friend doesn't stink no matter if he sweats or not. of course anyone will begin to after a long enough time without a shower

My feet used to stink a lot, it went away for years until I wore these kyle walkers, these things make my feet STANK 
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #45159 on: April 30, 2022, 01:51:01 PM »

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #45160 on: April 30, 2022, 03:44:36 PM »

those aves in black/white are pretty fresh

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #45161 on: April 30, 2022, 03:53:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

those aves in black/white are pretty fresh

speckled sole is a really nice touch

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #45162 on: April 30, 2022, 08:20:00 PM »
@EmericaTM

Any talks of a Tilt with the Pour-In G6 Midsole?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #45163 on: May 01, 2022, 09:19:13 AM »

They dont look too bad here...
Looks like these are starting to appear in stores now https://www.asos.com/us/prd/201391902

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #45164 on: May 01, 2022, 11:11:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Looks like these are starting to appear in stores now https://www.asos.com/us/prd/201391902

I've been skating a pair since end of march (+/- 2 sessions per week):

I'm really bias, but I'm kinda surprised about how much I've been liking them...
They are that nice padded snug which makes them really comfy. After breaking in they feel like house slippers.
Also fairly grippy and other than ripping laces they seem quite durable (the high sidewall helps). They have a decent midsole inside the cupsole too that helps with the harsh landings. My feet been feeling really happy in them!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #45165 on: May 01, 2022, 11:35:34 AM »
you snapped @Sk.A.T.A.N

def gonna try to get my hands on that rumored jamal smith colorway

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #45166 on: May 01, 2022, 01:09:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm really bias, but I'm kinda surprised about how much I've been liking them...
They are that nice padded snug which makes them really comfy. After breaking in they feel like house slippers.
Also fairly grippy and other than ripping laces they seem quite durable (the high sidewall helps). They have a decent midsole inside the cupsole too that helps with the harsh landings. My feet been feeling really happy in them!
these look so cool skated, props!

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #45167 on: May 01, 2022, 05:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
these look so cool skated, props!

The ridiculously 'phat' laces really emphasize the clown shoe look

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #45168 on: May 02, 2022, 02:49:51 AM »
Adi Matic thrasher ad '96 (randomly popped up while scrolling through ig the other day)

edit: sorry if abp, but been away for a few weeks now and felt lazy to go back in the thread

doublesteveburger

« Reply #45169 on: May 02, 2022, 09:28:54 AM »
those shoes are direct descendants of the koopa family and you can't tell me otherwise

jdpetitpas

• Rep: 18
« Reply #45170 on: May 02, 2022, 09:35:40 AM »
This website just published a buyers guide for the upcoming models from some brands, including vans, fallen, emerica, osiris, state, globe, cariuma, etnies, dc and c1rca:
https://www.boardsportsource.com/retail-buyers-guide/skate-footwear-f-w-2022-retail-buyers-guide/

Some of the new shoes from the article:

Emerica: Provost G6

Emerica: Vulcano

Fallen: The Fiend II

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #45171 on: May 02, 2022, 09:56:49 AM »
This website just published a buyers guide for the upcoming models from some brands, including vans, fallen, emerica, osiris, state, globe, cariuma, etnies, dc and c1rca:
https://www.boardsportsource.com/retail-buyers-guide/skate-footwear-f-w-2022-retail-buyers-guide/

Damn I like the provost g6. I just don’t like rubber Ollie patches on shoes but whatever. I just wish the rubber patch was the color of the upper not the sole. But are those the sane shoes piero suarez is skating in this clip around the 4 min mark.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #45172 on: May 02, 2022, 10:12:51 AM »
Just dip my body in flex seal if these are my shoe choices.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #45173 on: May 02, 2022, 10:23:51 AM »
those shoes are direct descendants of the koopa family and you can't tell me otherwise
I feel like they're more nickelodeon than Nintendo. I can picture them on display between some gak and some yak backs

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #45174 on: May 02, 2022, 10:29:03 AM »

Wow these suck

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #45175 on: May 02, 2022, 11:00:18 AM »
lol

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #45176 on: May 02, 2022, 11:07:39 AM »
Expand Quote
I'll always root for State. Just simple well made vulc shoes. Shame they never took off like Last Resort. I think States are miles better imo.
[close]

I feel like they had a bit of momentum in 2016, but never really pushed on with it, and a bizarre decision to give Fred Gall a shoe who never wore them/had footage in them.  Their communication was pretty terrible for a while there too, I know my local had some issues with receiving the wrong stock, and never heard back from them. I think they barely survived Covid too. I'll be surprised if it lasts longer than another 12-24 months.
Christian maloouf just left for globe lol so yeah I’m pretty sure it’s on the death bed
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #45177 on: May 02, 2022, 12:57:27 PM »
a little palette cleanser from the above images with this absolute Gilby beauty

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/fF6Sho4eKE55EJZ/25/25_screenshot2022-05-02at12.45.35.png

edit: slap won't let me post photos. tried 3 different image hosting sites and the direct attachment function.

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #45178 on: May 02, 2022, 02:30:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn I like the provost g6. I just don’t like rubber Ollie patches on shoes but whatever. I just wish the rubber patch was the color of the upper not the sole. But are those the sane shoes piero suarez is skating in this clip around the 4 min mark.

Piero is the homie! haha nah those are vans he's a vans guy.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #45179 on: May 02, 2022, 02:53:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Wow these suck

The Provost looks like his Slim pro model with an ollie guard. With the Vulcano (as well as other vulcs over the last year at least), I dont understand that weird squared extra rubber in the heels...yeah, heelflips and varial heelflips, but with the layering of the shoe, it doesnt look right, at least to me. but there's tech in the shoe to some degree, seeing what I could guess is a heel stabilizer showing through the suede layers. And the wingtip rubber toe cap...I dont get it.

And the Fiend 2...didnt he just get his Patriot Mid "with nothing at all to distinguish it otherwise" pro model recently? For Mega Ramp skating, a Vulc shoe is asking for the glue in the sole to start breaking down...lost some good shoes to the Tahoe Woodward West Mega...

Sorry, havent heard from some friends in a while that I'd have these conversations with, so I had nowhere else to put these thoughts.