Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8665072 times)

Nth syd bear and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45480 on: June 09, 2022, 09:51:38 AM »
That's not bad looking at all! Wish they would do a waffle cup Half-Cab.

THIS! I've fallen in love with the half cabs these past two years. My skating has suffered tho. I can't last as long. :-X I switch back over to the AVE's can skate for hours and back to back days. I don't feel as confident in the Ave's and I do the Half cabs tho. Would love a mid cupsole with whatever they use in the Ave's sole.  Might have to try the Etnies Culvert Mids. Never seen them before today.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45481 on: June 09, 2022, 10:13:40 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwr8bwVFPyH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The write up on that Scott Kane Low Cab is hilarious. "Modern masterpiece." "Superior performance" (over the Half Cab).

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #45482 on: June 09, 2022, 11:16:55 AM »

The write up on that Scott Kane Low Cab is hilarious. "Modern masterpiece." "Superior performance" (over the Half Cab).
Pretty sure it's from that lot of shoes vans did that were modernised (for the time) cupsoles of the classics before they were ready to just call it and just sell the classics as their main line. Ave had the era, dollin the no skool instead of old skool, Rowley slims were the sports, TNT had a slip on. Guess they had to make up something so people would think they were better than the ogs

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #45483 on: June 09, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Pretty sure it's from that lot of shoes vans did that were modernised (for the time) cupsoles of the classics before they were ready to just call it and just sell the classics as their main line. Ave had the era, dollin the no skool instead of old skool, Rowley slims were the sports, TNT had a slip on. Guess they had to make up something so people would think they were better than the ogs

Aves first handful of pro models were beefed up classics, no?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #45484 on: June 09, 2022, 11:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yeah the AV-Era. Cupsole vans era with wider laces and padded tongue. What's funny is his last shoe on DC was the same shoe but thin and vulc and the reason he left DC was apparently because he didn't like chunky cupsoles and wanted thin vulcs

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #45485 on: June 09, 2022, 02:00:42 PM »
Expand Quote
from AVE's stories, tag says "Low Cab"

[close]

Real question is what on earth is that Dylan / city sock combo monstrosity . Please don’t make that vans .

That thing is ugly and looks like it’s a prototype(possibly his next pro model)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45486 on: June 09, 2022, 05:59:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah the AV-Era. Cupsole vans era with wider laces and padded tongue. What's funny is his last shoe on DC was the same shoe but thin and vulc and the reason he left DC was apparently because he didn't like chunky cupsoles and wanted thin vulcs

I still have pairs of the No Skool (worn for work only), TNT Slip on (Thrasher SOTY - unused in the box) and a few others from that time and the cup sole was so soft and thin it was still less overall than the vulc DC shoe they released, which we had at work and most others bought and wore to death at that time.  Such a trip down memory lane, but as much as they were beefed up Vans models they were still super soft, thin and no where near as long lasting as the main line of DC or other brands at the time.  I think that is why I did like the Vans so much more, because I don't jump down stuff, but just wanted a comfortable shoe for everything, which I could wear to work, then skate in as well and not have to worry about changing shoes.

Most of them had the thinner insole though too, which I usually swapped out for a thicker one and could wear them all day and not have issues.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #45487 on: June 10, 2022, 12:22:30 AM »
Hockey Video announcement??

it's just the name on the shoe. Was released a year and a half ago.

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #45488 on: June 10, 2022, 09:06:34 AM »
One for Emerica TM. Any idea when the EU/UK restock of the black/white Spanky G6 might happen? I don't just desire new pairs of them, I need them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #45491 on: June 10, 2022, 03:23:27 PM »
Skateshops are kind of like flea markets sometimes? Makes sense for that colorway then.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #45492 on: June 10, 2022, 03:59:36 PM »
Expand Quote
I'd be fuckin hyped if they did these Lo Cabs:

Same sole as the Fairlanes, which is a very good cupsole.
[close]

THIS X 1000. Take my money.

goddamn just had a random flashback from childhood of my friend having these and my being jealous cuz I loved that graphic stitched on the tongue tag hahah

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45493 on: June 10, 2022, 08:58:08 PM »
Scuttlebutt is there’s a very Accel-ish new Vans model on the horizon

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #45494 on: June 11, 2022, 09:01:47 AM »

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45495 on: June 11, 2022, 11:31:51 AM »

These aren't out yet? I swear they've been posted in here for like 2 years.

It's been multiple collabs with June. I think this is the 3rd or 4th release now.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #45496 on: June 11, 2022, 02:27:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's been multiple collabs with June. I think this is the 3rd or 4th release now.

Dudes had more colorways than like 90% of their riders at this point. They must sell even though I’ve literally never heard this dudes music and im pretty up to date on hip hop.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

IpathCats

« Reply #45497 on: June 12, 2022, 05:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Dudes had more colorways than like 90% of their riders at this point. They must sell even though I’ve literally never heard this dudes music and im pretty up to date on hip hop.

Was just about to ask who TF this guy is, keep seeing all these collabs, didn't know he was a rapper. Guess I'm old and out of touch now.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #45498 on: June 12, 2022, 09:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You’re sleeping. Recent projects with Cardo, Harry Fraud, Cookin Soul, he was on Westside Gunns last album, he’s been on a roll past few years. He can approach a few different styles comfortably and has something for most hip-hop heads imo. His content is a breath of fresh air too, often promoting healthy living and financial literacy. Good job Larry!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45499 on: June 12, 2022, 09:44:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Did they even try to do a Nickatina collab?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45500 on: June 13, 2022, 01:07:27 PM »
I’m sure these are at most shops already but they drop on the 15th on the adidas site.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CewM_85paYi/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45501 on: June 13, 2022, 05:34:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You’re sleeping. Recent projects with Cardo, Harry Fraud, Cookin Soul, he was on Westside Gunns last album, he’s been on a roll past few years. He can approach a few different styles comfortably and has something for most hip-hop heads imo. His content is a breath of fresh air too, often promoting healthy living and financial literacy. Good job Larry!

Damn I love cardo production so I’ma have to check this guy out.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #45502 on: June 14, 2022, 06:20:52 AM »
Scuttlebutt is there’s a very Accel-ish new Vans model on the horizon

it's called the fairlane and it's out already
good come sausage

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #45503 on: June 14, 2022, 02:38:06 PM »
Are there pictures of the Telfords with the Proto/Atlantic sole? Or is it just a misunderstanding of the kid sizes
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #45504 on: June 14, 2022, 02:50:33 PM »
Are there pictures of the Telfords with the Proto/Atlantic sole? Or is it just a misunderstanding of the kid sizes

From the "Qs that don't deserve their own thread" thread.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What’s the best dunk substitute? Just started skating some, for the first time in forever, great for skating (weird for wearing, doesn’t fit my old guy ‘vibes’). Obviously I’m not going to get anymore, anytime soon, and AJ1s are also super hard to find…so fastbreaks? Tiagos? Ishod’s? What’s my slim thick cupsole?
(I know this question has been asked a bazillion times, and I just end up forgetting the answers, and kinda zoning out on the convo’s cuz I forgot how comfy/decent the flick is).
[close]

Lakai Telfords? Replace the Nike Swoosh with the Lakai logo on the side and bam. Kyonosuke was wearing them in his Primitive part and they looked great.
[close]

Ha. I’ll give em a shot!
Aesthetically, I like LRAB. Nikes fit me, have pretty much always been tts, and ‘just work’. But…I’d rather not.
If the Lakais are decent I’ll definitely give ‘em a shot. I like the look of Simon’s shoe. The last Lakais I had were the proto and they were…ok. At best.
[close]

Love my Telfords and they come in a high and a low. Some people don't like that the sole is thin but, but I like it because the board feel is great right out of the box. And I don't really jump down anything big so that doesn't bother me at all. Just a heads up though it looks like they are changing the sole on them to the same one as the atlantic for the ones coming out at the end of this year/beginning of next. Given the catalogs I've seen it looks like they're going to be sticking with that sole going forward. But maybe they'll make both? I don't know. Current sole vs upcoming below.

Enjoy your life.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #45505 on: June 14, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From the "Qs that don't deserve their own thread" thread.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What’s the best dunk substitute? Just started skating some, for the first time in forever, great for skating (weird for wearing, doesn’t fit my old guy ‘vibes’). Obviously I’m not going to get anymore, anytime soon, and AJ1s are also super hard to find…so fastbreaks? Tiagos? Ishod’s? What’s my slim thick cupsole?
(I know this question has been asked a bazillion times, and I just end up forgetting the answers, and kinda zoning out on the convo’s cuz I forgot how comfy/decent the flick is).
[close]

Lakai Telfords? Replace the Nike Swoosh with the Lakai logo on the side and bam. Kyonosuke was wearing them in his Primitive part and they looked great.
[close]

Ha. I’ll give em a shot!
Aesthetically, I like LRAB. Nikes fit me, have pretty much always been tts, and ‘just work’. But…I’d rather not.
If the Lakais are decent I’ll definitely give ‘em a shot. I like the look of Simon’s shoe. The last Lakais I had were the proto and they were…ok. At best.
[close]

Love my Telfords and they come in a high and a low. Some people don't like that the sole is thin but, but I like it because the board feel is great right out of the box. And I don't really jump down anything big so that doesn't bother me at all. Just a heads up though it looks like they are changing the sole on them to the same one as the atlantic for the ones coming out at the end of this year/beginning of next. Given the catalogs I've seen it looks like they're going to be sticking with that sole going forward. But maybe they'll make both? I don't know. Current sole vs upcoming below.

[close]

Yeah they're definitely the adult ones. Here's the link to the catalog. If you want to check out the different ones for the year just change the number after the Q in the search bar and it'll show you the different ones for different quarters of the year. I'm assuming covid logistics issues have messed up the timing because some stuff from Q2 has come out before some stuff for Q1 etc. Probably planned it in this order but now they're just releasing stuff when they can get it. The first planned one with the atlantic sole is the Manchild low colorway, but who knows if that'll actually be the first one to come out at this point.

https://oscdist.com/catalog/LAKAI-Q4-2022.pdf

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #45506 on: June 14, 2022, 07:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ah - thanks for clarifying!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #45507 on: June 14, 2022, 08:00:39 PM »
Lakai, I'm giving you one last chance with the new sole Telfords The black and yellows are dope, agreed, Kyonosuke did look good in them in the Primitive video. I hope lakai takes care of him.

IpathCats

« Reply #45508 on: June 15, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »
Lakai, I'm giving you one last chance with the new sole Telfords The black and yellows are dope, agreed, Kyonosuke did look good in them in the Primitive video. I hope lakai takes care of him.

Yea, those black and yellow ones look good. Not holding my breath for a better sole tough. I want to love these shoes, but i cant justify $90 for shoes that dont feel as good or last anywhere near as long as used J1's i can find on ebay for less than $90 regularly. I've gotten some not so great colorways that were a little beat up for as low as $58

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45509 on: June 16, 2022, 12:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea, those black and yellow ones look good. Not holding my breath for a better sole tough. I want to love these shoes, but i cant justify $90 for shoes that dont feel as good or last anywhere near as long as used J1's i can find on ebay for less than $90 regularly. I've gotten some not so great colorways that were a little beat up for as low as $58

I’m waiting for the pal review. I like my Telfords to wear out at night but just walking I. em I know I couldn’t skate em. Sucks cause I like Lakais. Riley 2s did me solid. Hope the Atlantic sole makes em skateable.