Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663947 times)

Gnarfunkell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45540 on: June 20, 2022, 05:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote

The Romero highs have a little strip of collar padding and don't have that heel tab. These are either an updated version, or a spanly high
[close]

Emerica coming for that Vans Gilby Hi money.

That's funny because I skated a pair of Spanly G6 prior to my current Crockett high obsession, and right when I saw this photo I thought hmm maybe I'll finally break the chain. Both are great shoes.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #45541 on: June 20, 2022, 08:10:04 AM »
more skate sk8-hi decon's. saw these at a shop this weekend and they pretty nice.

good come sausage

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #45542 on: June 20, 2022, 11:24:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The Romero highs have a little strip of collar padding and don't have that heel tab. These are either an updated version, or a spanly high
[close]

[close]

That's funny because I skated a pair of Spanly G6 prior to my current Crockett high obsession, and right when I saw this photo I thought hmm maybe I'll finally break the chain. Both are great shoes.
Lol I skated a pair of the Spanky G6s before my Crockett High obsession (own four pairs and skating my second pair right now) and I'm most likely gonna cop these highs when they come out, especially if the grey and blacks are included in the first drop.

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #45543 on: June 20, 2022, 09:43:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Lol I skated a pair of the Spanky G6s before my Crockett High obsession (own four pairs and skating my second pair right now) and I'm most likely gonna cop these highs when they come out, especially if the grey and blacks are included in the first drop.

To bad size 10 spankys fucked my feet up for a whole week which i had no problem with Reynolds g6 size 10, id probably get spankys again size 11 but probably wont skate them, here's hoping spanky highs have a more spacious toe.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45544 on: June 20, 2022, 10:06:25 PM »
Do the Spanky and Crockett skate similarly?

IpathCats

« Reply #45545 on: June 21, 2022, 05:12:47 AM »
I know im in the minority on this one, but i do not understand the crockett hype. They check most of the boxes for me too, high top, cupsole, wish there was more padding in the collar but it wasnt a deal breaker. I got a pair of the first drop, the black/black with white stitching, and they felt so horrible to skate in. The healthy toebox with the skinny ankle made them feel like clown shoes. And I feel like every time i see footage of someone wearing these, i think the same thing. I just could not find my flick on them, i dont think the wafflecup is for me. I'm glad to see everyone so hyped on a "modern classic" if you will, i just dont get it personally, maybe im getting old and out of touch.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #45546 on: June 21, 2022, 06:36:26 AM »
The healthy toebox with the skinny ankle made them feel like clown shoes.

This. Im conviced a skinny heel with wide toe box combo is an equation for ankle roll

IpathCats

« Reply #45547 on: June 21, 2022, 06:47:35 AM »
Expand Quote
The healthy toebox with the skinny ankle made them feel like clown shoes.
[close]

This. Im conviced a skinny heel with wide toe box combo is an equation for ankle roll

Heel lock and the overall drop of the shoe from back to front are the biggest contributing factors (from shoes) to ankle rolls iirc. the crocketts have a decent height heel and while you can lace them tight, the area around your ankle is flimsy, without much structure.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45548 on: June 21, 2022, 07:25:12 AM »
I didn't get the hype at first and then got a pair and skated in them for a while and now love them. I think they look good on foot and the ankle feels locked in enough for me. Board feel is pretty good and my foot feels really stable. It's a pretty middle ground shoe in most respects and these days that's kinda what I want. The bonus is that I don't heel bruise in them and have in Half Cabs recently. Wafflecup takes way less time to break in the flick than Vans vulcs.

Every shoe isn't for everyone but doesn't mean people can't be stoked on it. 440's are too thin for me and wear too fast but I get why people love em.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #45549 on: June 21, 2022, 11:25:29 AM »
I know im in the minority on this one, but i do not understand the crockett hype. They check most of the boxes for me too, high top, cupsole, wish there was more padding in the collar but it wasnt a deal breaker. I got a pair of the first drop, the black/black with white stitching, and they felt so horrible to skate in. The healthy toebox with the skinny ankle made them feel like clown shoes. And I feel like every time i see footage of someone wearing these, i think the same thing. I just could not find my flick on them, i dont think the wafflecup is for me. I'm glad to see everyone so hyped on a "modern classic" if you will, i just dont get it personally, maybe im getting old and out of touch.

I don't think it has anything to do with you being out of touch, it's probably just not a good shoe for you personally. I've been skating the Crocketts exclusively for about a year now, and I haven't rolled my ankle a single time. I wouldn't mind a touch more padding on the ankle, but I also live in Florida, so them being on the skinnier side helps prevent my feet from getting too hot while I'm skating. Like someone else said, they're sort of a master of none shoe, but they check all the boxes for me and I like the look, so they work for me.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #45550 on: June 21, 2022, 11:30:46 AM »
I wasn't crazy about my Crocket Highs either. I know the Wafflecup is supposed to be a compromise to cupsoles being too thick, but it still took quite awhile for mine to break in, and then by time they did the toe panel was pretty dusted. But everyone I know that's had them really seems to like them so maybe I just had a bad pair. Oh well, Sk8 Highs will do fine for me.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #45551 on: June 21, 2022, 12:31:36 PM »
That's a good question, I would say that they have some similarities since they're both somewhat pointy thin cupsoles, but they have a lot of differences besides that. I'd say that the Spanky's are more supportive in the sole since they have the G6 midsole. The Crockett Highs have a much thinner midsole that's compensated for with a thick popcush insole. The Spanky's seem to be more durable overall too.

I loved both shoes, especially after switching out the stock insoles in the Spanky's for some old Cons lunarlon ones. I would can definitely see why they're not ideal for everyone but for me they're both up there as some of my favorite shoes ever.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45552 on: June 21, 2022, 12:41:23 PM »
I must be in the minority but I find newer Vans vulcs to take the longest to break in. I have to basically polish the Diamond pattern on the foxing before they flick how I want and the canvas siding seems fairly stiff.

thebacker

« Reply #45553 on: June 21, 2022, 01:09:54 PM »
Ed 1’s are one of the most iconic emerica shoe to ever drop, so many people skated in them!

this would be true if the reynolds 3 didnt exist

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #45554 on: June 21, 2022, 04:09:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's a good question, I would say that they have some similarities since they're both somewhat pointy thin cupsoles, but they have a lot of differences besides that. I'd say that the Spanky's are more supportive in the sole since they have the G6 midsole. The Crockett Highs have a much thinner midsole that's compensated for with a thick popcush insole. The Spanky's seem to be more durable overall too.

I loved both shoes, especially after switching out the stock insoles in the Spanky's for some old Cons lunarlon ones. I would can definitely see why they're not ideal for everyone but for me they're both up there as some of my favorite shoes ever.

Both are similarly on the grippy side of the cupsole spectrum. 

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #45555 on: June 21, 2022, 06:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Ed 1’s are one of the most iconic emerica shoe to ever drop, so many people skated in them!
[close]

Reynolds 3 lasted 2 days but boy those were the best 2 days.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #45556 on: June 21, 2022, 11:09:23 PM »
no pics of mjs?

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #45557 on: June 22, 2022, 05:48:20 AM »
I wasn't crazy about my Crocket Highs either. I know the Wafflecup is supposed to be a compromise to cupsoles being too thick, but it still took quite awhile for mine to break in, and then by time they did the toe panel was pretty dusted. But everyone I know that's had them really seems to like them so maybe I just had a bad pair. Oh well, Sk8 Highs will do fine for me.

I've skated 2 pairs of the Crockett highs and after coming from the Skate Old Skools I actually found the break in a lot quicker on the highs. Felt a bit thinner on the outsole and could get a good flick out of the box. Also I didn't get any nasty heel blisters like I do from the new Skate range (heard other folks complaining about this too). I'd say they are one of the few hi-tops I can actually skate in as they don't feel too high and don't really have any major padding around the ankle.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #45558 on: June 22, 2022, 07:06:10 AM »
Dam those Spanky highs make me miss the situations.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #45559 on: June 22, 2022, 11:37:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Reynolds 3 lasted 2 days but boy those were the best 2 days.

when i first began skating around 1999 a lot of people who were flow from emerica wore the reynolds 1, templetons and MJs
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45560 on: June 22, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
I also miss the Situation. Long live The Sitch!

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #45561 on: June 22, 2022, 04:40:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Spanky is skating either samples of his spanky g6 hitop or hes wearing a Romero Hi in his story.
[close]

@EmericaTM can you please confirm or deny if it’s a Spanky High?
[close]

And an update on the MJ1 situation, please.
[close]

it's a spanly high. clearly.

MJ1 comes out for Skate Shop Day in white with maroon M.
they will most likely ruin it with Skate Shop Day branding on it
[close]
Confirming it is indeed a Spanky G6 Hi.

Regarding the OG1, yes the first colorway is being released for Skate Shop Day. SSD branding is only on the insole. More OG colorways will be dropping later as well.

When is the spanky hi coming out? Will there be a restock on the spanky anytime soon? Website is out of my size, might grab the Julian Gammas cause I noticed they have the same sole as the spanky

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #45562 on: June 22, 2022, 04:47:29 PM »

Holy shit I forgot about those!

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #45563 on: June 23, 2022, 03:45:10 AM »
all this talk of the spanking and the glibbert has me very content

i am team glibbert please make more with white outsoles
good come sausage

IpathCats

« Reply #45564 on: June 23, 2022, 05:49:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This guy, that fit, those fucking tensors, fuck, this is so good.

Side note, Jersey Shore is some of the best/worst tv ever made. If you like laughing at things (as opposed to laughing with things) you will enjoy this dumpster fire, in the same way you would enjoy watching a horrible movie for fun. I can't believe this show existed, and for multiple seasons.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45565 on: June 23, 2022, 06:26:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Side note, Jersey Shore is some of the best/worst tv ever made. If you like laughing at things (as opposed to laughing with things) you will enjoy this dumpster fire, in the same way you would enjoy watching a horrible movie for fun. I can't believe this show existed, and for multiple seasons.

....its t shirt time
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45566 on: June 23, 2022, 06:43:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

....its t shirt time
If you really want to melt your brain give the UK version a try. People are way more horrible and will really leave you wondering how England is even still a country

IpathCats

« Reply #45567 on: June 23, 2022, 06:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

....its t shirt time

IIIIITS T SHIRT TIIIIIIIIIIIME.

When i really started to think about the show in its entirety after watching it all, I realized that it really showed how you shouldnt judge a book by its cover. The two most ridiculous looking people (pauly d, and snooki) end up being the best people overall in the end. Pauly D calls girls cabs instead of sleeping with them when they are too drunk, total stand up guy move. Snooki ends up being a loyal, loving wife, who really does care about everyone in the house and her relationships with them. It's fucking bizarre. In the reunion seasons they all have a bunch of plastic surgery and its fucking frightening. Snooki looks like that cat lady in its always sunny.

IpathCats

« Reply #45568 on: June 23, 2022, 06:53:59 AM »

If you really want to melt your brain give the UK version a try. People are way more horrible and will really leave you wondering how England is even still a country

yea, let me get that. netflix, hulu? whats it called? I'm trying to feel concerned for the human race all over again.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45569 on: June 23, 2022, 07:03:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yea, let me get that. netflix, hulu? whats it called? I'm trying to feel concerned for the human race all over again.
No idea what it's on now was seeing someone for a bit that had it on DVD. Realised after a bit they were genuinely into it whereas I just thought it was the new freak show. It's called Geordie shore by the way