Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663985 times)

Sold Out (+ 1 Hidden) and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #47970 on: March 07, 2023, 12:54:34 PM »

Damn what's next, they wrap up the wrong shaped shoe in Koston panels and throw a sole on there that kinda looks like the original sole it had......?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #47971 on: March 07, 2023, 03:01:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn what's next, they wrap up the wrong shaped shoe in Koston panels and throw a sole on there that kinda looks like the original sole it had......?

Hey, don’t give Kelly ideas. He just might.

I’m fully convinced he’s getting back at eS for going on hiatus by burning it to the ground.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 116
« Reply #47972 on: March 07, 2023, 03:06:48 PM »

As someone who skates Accel OGs regularly I love these. Nice throwback without claiming to be a reissue

Sampo64700

• Rep: 6
« Reply #47973 on: March 07, 2023, 10:19:28 PM »
Accel Arto kinda makes sense, since there is really not that much footage of Arto wearing his es signature shoe. Comparing this Arto Accel to current Accel OG photos, the toe box seems a bit less stubby on Arto's. Might be just wishful thinking.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #47974 on: March 07, 2023, 10:20:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As someone who skates Accel OGs regularly I love these. Nice throwback without claiming to be a reissue

Right, and it’s probably closer to what Arto wanted than his actual pro model which he never wore

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #47975 on: March 07, 2023, 11:55:22 PM »

https://www.boardsportsource.com/2023/02/17/circa-2023-2024-skate-footwear-preview/
no idea how, but i think circa has 4-5 different versions of the al50

eSK3

« Reply #47976 on: March 08, 2023, 02:31:08 AM »
I’m guessing Circa must be huge in third world countries to be able to stay in business.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #47977 on: March 08, 2023, 03:55:38 AM »
if you saw someone wearing al50s, you knew that person doesn't skate, but tries to get props from or find friends who skate.

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #47978 on: March 08, 2023, 06:28:58 AM »
if you saw someone wearing al50s, you knew that person doesn't skate, but tries to get props from or find friends who skate.
The Hot Topic fit

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #47979 on: March 08, 2023, 08:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Hot Topic fit
Kinda old metal head dudes, beer gut, big long beard,
high black socks, long Dickies shorts, probably a Hank 3 or Pantera shirt, flat bill cap either turned up or just bent up at the tip. Bought the shoes because they had a skull on them. No idea who Adrian Lopez is…

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #47980 on: March 08, 2023, 08:21:43 AM »

Damn. I wore a pair in my late teens after I had stopped skating to still "keep in touch". Kook'd myself quite hard with that particular wardrobe choice. 

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #47981 on: March 08, 2023, 10:07:19 AM »
I just hope this means Adrian Lopez is still getting really weird, really infrequent, and really small checks with the Circa logo on them from time to time.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #47982 on: March 08, 2023, 10:35:50 AM »
Accel Arto kinda makes sense, since there is really not that much footage of Arto wearing his es signature shoe. Comparing this Arto Accel to current Accel OG photos, the toe box seems a bit less stubby on Arto's. Might be just wishful thinking.

I actually thought this looking at some accel ogs on the es website. I feel like the new ones have a longer toe. Can anyone confirm? Hate the stubby toe puffy shoe combo.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47983 on: March 08, 2023, 02:28:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually thought this looking at some accel ogs on the es website. I feel like the new ones have a longer toe. Can anyone confirm? Hate the stubby toe puffy shoe combo.

I asked Don not too long ago because I thought the same thing. He said it's the same shape.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #47984 on: March 08, 2023, 02:59:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn. I wore a pair in my late teens after I had stopped skating to still "keep in touch". Kook'd myself quite hard with that particular wardrobe choice.

the shoe isn't even that bad. it's the shoe's wearers that made it a no go for skaters. most of my school friends that didn't skate but liked skateshoes had these at some point. i know two dudes who would buy these shoes for years and nothing else. they would always tell and show me each time they got a new pair XD

i really liked the first, tech, puffy al pro model. very comfy and pretty good boardfeel for a puffer:

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 16
« Reply #47985 on: March 08, 2023, 06:09:03 PM »

doesn’t look like that - but I like your idea!

I feel like that's a different color of the shoe Rowan has been wearing

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #47986 on: March 08, 2023, 06:23:31 PM »
New vans x Quasi?

Damn has anyone successfully taken the stripe off oldskools? I like those denim looking ones.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #47987 on: March 08, 2023, 09:37:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Right, and it’s probably closer to what Arto wanted than his actual pro model which he never wore

If we are going with what the pros wanted, release the Ellington model he wanted based off it. While still not true to form, would this on the slim version not also be a valid version to issue? Either way, most people won't be happy. Just interested in unreleased models and options of remakes possible with the current Es.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47988 on: March 08, 2023, 10:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

If we are going with what the pros wanted, release the Ellington model he wanted based off it. While still not true to form, would this on the slim version not also be a valid version to issue? Either way, most people won't be happy. Just interested in unreleased models and options of remakes possible with the current Es.

What’s the Ellington model?   Haven’t heard this before

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #47989 on: March 08, 2023, 10:40:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

4:55
https://youtu.be/KaoecaWjHdw

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47990 on: March 08, 2023, 11:25:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
4:55
https://youtu.be/KaoecaWjHdw

Oh wow - love being able to see these never made models.     Never would have guessed that’s where he would have wanted to go with his third shoe

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #47991 on: March 09, 2023, 06:28:35 AM »
pretty cool to see that. its pretty much his first supra model, obviously they had to scrap the accel lines though
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #47992 on: March 09, 2023, 07:04:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What a dream that would be!! That shoe looked amazing.

I see a lot of Og Accels in the wild. People say they love them.  I got a pair when they first came back out. Super stiff and the insole was paper then. Maybe they are better now. Meh.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 116
« Reply #47993 on: March 09, 2023, 08:50:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What a dream that would be!! That shoe looked amazing.

I see a lot of Og Accels in the wild. People say they love them.  I got a pair when they first came back out. Super stiff and the insole was paper then. Maybe they are better now. Meh.

They are definitely stiff at first but they break in well after a few sessions.  The insole is still garbage but all the cushioning/impact protection come from the 1/3inch of foam in the midsole anyways.  I always try other shoes and end up coming back to the Accel OG

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #47994 on: March 09, 2023, 09:42:09 AM »
Expand Quote
New vans x Quasi?

[close]

Damn has anyone successfully taken the stripe off oldskools? I like those denim looking ones.
SoCal skateshop has the old skools in stock now, but not the Crocketts

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #47995 on: March 09, 2023, 11:16:09 AM »
I’ve definitely seen full samples of the EE3 floating around on IG.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:26:59 AM by Mean salto »

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #47997 on: March 09, 2023, 11:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ve definitely seen full samples of the EE3 floating around on IG.
[close]
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbwM02BMj47/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Top right
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSIP0KqlZ8U/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

iirc they must've just used this exact design for one of heath's last models, the 4 or 5 or something.

Edit:

yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47998 on: March 09, 2023, 01:17:07 PM »
I wouldn't mind if more shoes had that outsole/midsole combo with the runner toe like the EE1.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image