Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8770958 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #42450 on: July 06, 2021, 04:36:59 AM »
those white sole ones look so nostalgic to me. great clips also, those fakie fs flips were on point.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #42451 on: July 06, 2021, 04:57:21 AM »

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #42452 on: July 06, 2021, 05:26:20 AM »
Unless the lower silhouette of the Louie's is gonna be different, they're not gonna feel anything like a blazer.

coneklr

« Reply #42453 on: July 06, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »
My feet get sweaty just looking at those halfcabs

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #42454 on: July 06, 2021, 11:16:09 AM »
Anybody know what these are?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #42456 on: July 07, 2021, 04:58:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Anybody know what these are?

[close]

Looks like these

https://demolitionparts.com/product/vans-x-demolition-sk8-hi-pro/

yep he was skating those a few months back here and there. i've posted around here before about them but that model specifically didn't last too long when i had them, outsole was super mushy and soft from the start.

someone posted about the bmx ones having a softer rubber compound especially for bmx but right out the box they didn't grip the board whatsoever and they got real floppy real fast. looked great, wouldn't buy again.
good come sausage

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #42457 on: July 07, 2021, 06:51:32 AM »
Expand Quote

yep he was skating those a few months back here and there. i've posted around here before about them but that model specifically didn't last too long when i had them, outsole was super mushy and soft from the start.

someone posted about the bmx ones having a softer rubber compound especially for bmx but right out the box they didn't grip the board whatsoever and they got real floppy real fast. looked great, wouldn't buy again.

I second this. I had gotten some on a vans sale. Went to skate them and it left white sole all over my board a little is normal with new shoes but this was a lot. And I couldn’t Ollie or flip my board my feet would just slide off like it was wet or something. That shoe turned me off any toe cap etc from that point on. It was just such a bad experience.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #42458 on: July 07, 2021, 07:34:10 AM »
Unless the lower silhouette of the Louie's is gonna be different, they're not gonna feel anything like a blazer.

The toe shape looks like a blazer no?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42459 on: July 07, 2021, 12:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

About as much so as any other solid toe shoe I guess. I've had both LLs and Blazers and they feel nothing alike.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #42460 on: July 07, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

About as much so as any other solid toe shoe I guess. I've had both LLs and Blazers and they feel nothing alike.

But you had the low, which has a different toe - I believe that's his point. This mid has actually changed the shoe silhouette, and now it has the same toe box as a Blazer.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42461 on: July 08, 2021, 12:28:05 AM »
BMX slip on
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #42462 on: July 08, 2021, 01:39:25 AM »
Another wafflecup bmx slip on colourway. Liking this one a lot.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42463 on: July 08, 2021, 05:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

But you had the low, which has a different toe - I believe that's his point. This mid has actually changed the shoe silhouette, and now it has the same toe box as a Blazer.

That's why I said "unless the silhouette is gonna be different" because other than the new side paneling and stitching the toe, the actual shape of the low vs the mid doesn't look crazy different if you look at them side by side. Blazers are cool but I don't really consider a rounder toebox to be all that original of a concept.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #42464 on: July 08, 2021, 06:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's why I said "unless the silhouette is gonna be different" because other than the new side paneling and stitching the toe, the actual shape of the low vs the mid doesn't look crazy different if you look at them side by side. Blazers are cool but I don't really consider a rounder toebox to be all that original of a concept.

It's not just the shape of the toebox though, it's got a different construction for the lace stay, which is the same as a Stan Smith, Campus, BLAZER, and many other classic court shoes. Not saying the Louie is gonna feel like a Blazer, just agreeing that the change up of the shoe design makes it look a lot like a Blazer.

This photo comparison illustrates it better. Louie low/Blazer/Louie mid. Two of these things look the same. (though I will say the louie mid toe still looks more low profile than a Blazer)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42465 on: July 08, 2021, 07:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's not just the shape of the toebox though, it's got a different construction for the lace stay, which is the same as a Stan Smith, Campus, BLAZER, and many other classic court shoes. Not saying the Louie is gonna feel like a Blazer, just agreeing that the change up of the shoe design makes it look a lot like a Blazer.

This photo comparison illustrates it better. Louie low/Blazer/Louie mid. Two of these things look the same. (though I will say the louie mid toe still looks more low profile than a Blazer)

That alone is a pretty big difference imo. There's only so many ways you can shape a toe box for a shoe. I'm not saying the two don't look alike but I don't think any of the similarities are hyper specific to either shoe.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42466 on: July 08, 2021, 10:55:41 AM »
July 10
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

RossDailey

• Rep: -53
« Reply #42467 on: July 08, 2021, 11:46:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That alone is a pretty big difference imo. There's only so many ways you can shape a toe box for a shoe. I'm not saying the two don't look alike but I don't think any of the similarities are hyper specific to either shoe.

The LL lo going from a solid / single panel for the whole shoe to the court show paneling on the LL mid...

The court silhouette construction also affects how the laces are able to open up significantly more than the LL Lo...

The LL mid is basically going to be entirely different than the LL lo

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #42468 on: July 08, 2021, 11:50:35 AM »
anyone know where I can grab some Tyshawn Low's in size 9.5? didn't realize they'd sell out so quick everywhere

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #42469 on: July 08, 2021, 12:30:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The LL lo going from a solid / single panel for the whole shoe to the court show paneling on the LL mid...

The court silhouette construction also affects how the laces are able to open up significantly more than the LL Lo...

LL gonna have the Cons version of the Bruin and the Blazer.
Up next: LL Cons Dunk

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #42470 on: July 08, 2021, 06:20:54 PM »

https://www.vans.com/article_detail/vans-dime-wayvee.html

Dime collab for that new Vans Wayvee shoe. Pretty in to this colorway actually

Shuh

• Rep: -1
« Reply #42471 on: July 08, 2021, 07:30:11 PM »
Crockett just updated his second pro model will be a one piece toe cap from now on and the stitching is decorative, i wonder why he didn't do that in the first the place? Phasing out the Klye walker 1 maybe?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #42472 on: July 08, 2021, 08:27:15 PM »
Crockett just updated his second pro model will be a one piece toe cap from now on and the stitching is decorative, i wonder why he didn't do that in the first the place? Phasing out the Klye walker 1 maybe?

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42473 on: July 08, 2021, 08:54:56 PM »

Yeah. These aren’t bad. Better looking than the Varix.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #42474 on: July 08, 2021, 09:21:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the current version with just suede toe is my go to, and the perfect summer shoe...because the canvas breaths.

hopefully they don't phase them out completely.  otherwise all skate wafflecups will be hotboxes.

maybe they can throw a few holes on top.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #42475 on: July 08, 2021, 09:47:33 PM »
the current version with just suede toe is my go to, and the perfect summer shoe...because the canvas breaths.

hopefully they don't phase them out completely.  otherwise all skate wafflecups will be hotboxes.

maybe they can throw a few holes on top.

I've always worn shoes with two piece toe boxes. To me they are more aesthetically pleasing to look down on plus I like to have that extra layer. I know he said in the post that changing it to the one piece helps with longevity and comfort, but I've never encountered the seams rubbing my toes in any of my crockett, low or highs. I hope they don't do this to the high top as well because that shoe is absolutely perfect how it is.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #42476 on: July 09, 2021, 01:26:45 AM »

I'm down as long as it'll be easier to acquire than Dunks.

Damn dunk became an influencer shoe only.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42477 on: July 09, 2021, 05:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is a definite upgrade IMO. I've had a pair of the lows and the highs and the first thing to always go is the toe at the seam.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #42478 on: July 09, 2021, 06:03:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
The Fastbreak is kinda the cons dunk already

Miller92

• Rep: -280
« Reply #42479 on: July 10, 2021, 10:50:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah. These aren’t bad. Better looking than the Varix.

just found out a good friend from college who works at vans as a shoe designer, designed these!!

honestly insane that a skate friend of 10 years made this.

not my favorite but also not bad at all!