Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8774016 times)

kickflipfaceplant, UrbanSombrero (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

BugleBites

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -68
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43200 on: September 27, 2021, 06:24:08 PM »
Oh, I see. Personally, I loathe busy shoes with pointless panels and style features that do nothing. A rubber toe isn’t necessary for me cause I don’t wear shoes until they’re destroyed - I skate them until they pack out a bit and the heel gets worn down on one side too much, making ankle rolls more likely. I honestly want a shoe with a one piece toe, no big logos, and very minimal/understated paneling. I couldn’t be happier that skating moved away from overly tech looking shoes. Less is more, in my opinion.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #43201 on: September 27, 2021, 07:08:32 PM »
Marana or Joslin. You want one of those, but you don't know it yet.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -7
« Reply #43202 on: September 27, 2021, 07:13:32 PM »
Oh, I see. Personally, I loathe busy shoes with pointless panels and style features that do nothing. A rubber toe isn’t necessary for me cause I don’t wear shoes until they’re destroyed - I skate them until they pack out a bit and the heel gets worn down on one side too much, making ankle rolls more likely. I honestly want a shoe with a one piece toe, no big logos, and very minimal/understated paneling. I couldn’t be happier that skating moved away from overly tech looking shoes. Less is more, in my opinion.

Word, I respect that. I too actually am not into overly busy shoes, the shoes I like from the og era are paneled, but tastefully so. The panels are only there to protect the main areas of wear, but stylized in a way to not be cumbersome.

The reason I like the rubber toe so much is because if its the right durometer of rubber - the moderately soft and tacky kind - It pulls the board up better when you flick giving you a higher and more level flip. And again, the rubber in contrast with suede etc just makes the shoe feel more fulfilling as a physical object imo.

This is another shoe that was close to what I'm looking for (but still not quite ;D), If they ever dropped in all black I probably would have skated some:

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #43203 on: September 27, 2021, 07:24:34 PM »
Btw what’s up with this ”uuuh give us vegan options” on every page?

Is it a better material for skateboarding or what?
It’s because some people are vegan.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #43204 on: September 27, 2021, 08:49:56 PM »
I know this is a bike shoe but Etnies recently has had some shoes that pique my interest, I think with this one it's the orange E logo, CAMBER CRANK. I haven't had a pair of Etnies since 2007 Arto's, and they've never really been on my radar after that. Also it's downright criminal that an Etnies or eS SLB shoe isn't a staple shoe every season for them. That shoe is such a simple shoe but checks all the right boxes.

https://etnies.com/products/camber-crank-black-blue?option1=TAN%2FBLACK&option2=7.5&variant=37421672988831
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #43205 on: September 27, 2021, 09:02:54 PM »
Just buy Last Resorts and carry on, let us scope some recent uninspired core skate shoes from companies that start with the letter E

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #43206 on: September 27, 2021, 11:01:58 PM »
Btw what’s up with this ”uuuh give us vegan options” on every page?

Is it a better material for skateboarding or what?
I generally try and keep my banter reserved for the vegan shoe thread but if something comes up in here and I know @EmericaTM or @rothdigga are reading, then I like to put in a little plug! Nothing wrong with asking for options right (especially when 99% of my current options are canvas vulcs)?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:11:25 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #43207 on: September 27, 2021, 11:07:55 PM »
Marana or Joslin. You want one of those, but you don't know it yet.

I 100% back both of these shoes. I wore the Marana's exclusively for years and I cant begin to explain how much I loved that shoe, from the break in time, the evolution foam actually helping with comfort, it's durability, and the rubber toe could be very subtle looking (depending on the colorway) compared to the rest of the shoe. And the Joslin 1 is very close to that shoe but with the toe cap being internal in case you want more of a suede gripped flick. And the Joslin 2 may be thinner than the first but the comfort and feel overall with the shoe, and the traditional toe cap (miss skating them more often) gives a more "classic" look compared to many other shoes in their line up.

Sorry for the long rant, I just really like all 3 of those shoes.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #43208 on: September 28, 2021, 07:00:53 AM »
Just buy Last Resorts and carry on, let us scope some recent uninspired core skate shoes from companies that start with the letter E

What’s inspiring/original about last resort? I’m all about supporting core companies but last resort is just like others. Nothing new aside Pontus name is attached which doesn’t make it inspiring or original. 

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #43209 on: September 28, 2021, 08:12:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What’s inspiring/original about last resort? I’m all about supporting core companies but last resort is just like others. Nothing new aside Pontus name is attached which doesn’t make it inspiring or original.

Pontus is the man who coined the quote 'inspire others to inspire themselves' and I'm pretty inspired right now

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43210 on: September 28, 2021, 09:02:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pontus is the man who coined the quote 'inspire others to inspire themselves' and I'm pretty inspired right now

By shoes that look like other shoes? Wear what you want. I’m just pointing out calling emerica, etnies or es orvv BBC whoever for making uninspiring shoes then saying buy last resort which look like other shoes and aren’t anything but a basic Vulc is pretty funny. Just say support Pontus buy his shoes because your a fan but don’t act like there’s something new  about them. Your just a fanboy

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #43211 on: September 28, 2021, 09:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

By shoes that look like other shoes? Wear what you want. I’m just pointing out calling emerica, etnies or es orvv BBC whoever for making uninspiring shoes then saying buy last resort which look like other shoes and aren’t anything but a basic Vulc is pretty funny. Just say support Pontus buy his shoes because your a fan but don’t act like there’s something new  about them. Your just a fanboy

Didn't mean to push your buttons man you sound like you're mad at the world, I support Pontus and these shoes do the exact job I want them to which is why I'll continue to buy them, the inspired thing was a bit of fun that didn't come across well on the internet my bad

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #43212 on: September 28, 2021, 09:50:10 AM »
wow all this talk makes me wonder what UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases are in store for us all
good come sausage

Shuh

• Rep: -1
« Reply #43213 on: September 28, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »
wow all this talk makes me wonder what UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases are in store for us all

Id post Crocket High new colourway but pretty much only know how to troll slap not link media in the post.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 121
« Reply #43214 on: September 28, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »
Vans x Magenta

Looks like a corduroy Chukka Boot and Era. 

Enjoy your life.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #43215 on: September 28, 2021, 10:37:49 AM »
Vans x Magenta

I normally don’t like chukkas but that orange cord is beautiful

vhsfisheye

« Reply #43216 on: September 28, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »
Found some better pics of the magenta collab

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #43217 on: September 28, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »
Found some better pics of the magenta collab

I thought habitat stopped making shoes a while ago

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43218 on: September 28, 2021, 11:58:50 AM »
Those are interesting. Cool to see Magenta get some recognition too!

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #43219 on: September 28, 2021, 12:38:23 PM »
I’ve long sworn off wearing vans because they hurt my feet, but those corduroy chukkas are beautiful. Plus magenta is so sick and deserves so much more

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #43220 on: September 28, 2021, 12:44:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Vans x Magenta

[close]

I normally don’t like chukkas but that orange cord is beautiful

I was really hoping it was gonna come as a mis matched pair with two different shoes. Not because id buy them but because it would be really funny

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 880
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43221 on: September 28, 2021, 01:09:23 PM »
hold tight henry gets paid
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

doublesteveburger

« Reply #43222 on: September 28, 2021, 08:22:41 PM »
man those don’t look punk OR vegan

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43223 on: September 28, 2021, 08:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Didn't mean to push your buttons man you sound like you're mad at the world, I support Pontus and these shoes do the exact job I want them to which is why I'll continue to buy them, the inspired thing was a bit of fun that didn't come across well on the internet my bad

Nah man I’m really not mad. Sorry if I came off that way. I really don’t take slap serious. I was just trying to make a point. Wasn’t trying to sound like a dick. I back anyone buying and supporting whatever they want preferably core company’s. Like last resort I was more so trying to poke fun about the inspired thing cause everything is a knock off of something else now.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #43224 on: September 28, 2021, 10:02:49 PM »
Magenta has nearly collaborated with every shoe company. Adidas, Etnies, DC, State, now Vans… just missing a couple and we could have the whole collectors set.

SlapTM

• Rep: 244
« Reply #43225 on: September 28, 2021, 10:53:25 PM »
I found some pictures on the internet.

More models and colors here, also a new cupsole I think? https://freestyleshop.com/collections/emerica

Unfortunately everything seems to be sold out.
They're not sold out. They seem to just have them on their site before they've been released.

Expand Quote
Tom Penny Accel OG incoming as well

[close]

God dammit, eS. The buyer at our shop already told me about those and we were both just dumbfounded that they would do that instead of reissuing one of his two original models. Such a missed opportunity.

The KSL is almost identical to the eS Contract.
Obviously I have nothing to do with Es but you gotta realize that giving Penny a colorway on an existing shoe only takes a few months where reissuing/redesigning a shoe takes 18 months.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I found some pictures on the internet.

More models and colors here, also a new cupsole I think? https://freestyleshop.com/collections/emerica

Unfortunately everything seems to be sold out.
[close]

Mmmmmmm Emerica will be getting so much of my money in the next couple months, between those G6 KSLs and Julian cw, slip cups and the Toy collab.
[close]

I like the KSL G6, but as stupid as it is to be picking about such a small feature, the way the side panel/toe box narrows so much going up to the laces...wont ever look right. I get that there may be issues in not wanting to look like AJ Low, but still, from a larger side panel/toe box to a narrow area going toward the laces...it's hard for me to get passed that in how it makes the front of the shoe look altogether.
[close]

The main reason I'm waiting for the KSL is that it looks like the closest shoe compared to Reynolds G6 which I can’t buy anymore… I don’t really even like the green and white lines on the side, but nothing of that will matter as long as it feels something like my Reynolds.

The Spanky and Figgy has been too thin and slim for me. Skating vert, bowl and street the Reynolds was the shoe that could do it all and never hurt my foot in them. Also worked and walked in them a lot, so I really have high expectations on the KSL.
[close]

I see where you say they are reminiscent of the Reynolds G6. But do keep in mind, and EmericaTM mentioned it too, the KSL has the same sole as the Spanky G6, so if the Spanky was too thin, be careful of expectations of foot pain for his new shoe.

The KSL G6 upper is thicker than the upper on the Spanky G6.

i know I'm a broken record at this point but that shoe look so damn good and is an absolute instant buy! I read a few pages back that it's dropping in Oct if the ports aren't too backed up. @EmericaTM might be able to shed more light on release window soon?
The port is still pretty fucked up but still looking to release next month still.

The problem here is that soletech hasn't left. They're still here, but they're only halfway in. And the thing that's most disheartening is the fact that they don't see how bad most of what they do actually is... They claim to be 100% skateboarding, but when you look at what eS is doing, its almost entirely marketed for that community of fat dude posers on instagram from the 'golden era' who sucked at skating to begin with. Makes you question the judgement of what should be the #1 entity in skateboard footwear based on their history and commitment to the game. 

If soletech doesn't want to invest in skateboarding by means of creating authentic skateboard footwear brands that push the boundaries of design and define the rules for what stylish skateboard footwear is, then honestly GTFO!

Maybe stop doing sh*t like this and use that money for new molds and to hire more designers..

I know someone already said it on here but you definitely went out of your way to find the wildest shoes we make. Did you intentionally not look at the 5 pro models designed by the pros themselves as well as a whole bunch of team shoes? Do you really think Sole Tech isn't investing into skateboarding? Where have you been the last 25 years? Emerica is 100% pure skateboarding. It always has been and always will be. Hope you realize that making a colorway that is sort of different or out there doesn't add up to the cost of a new mold let alone one or multiple shoe designers.

Expand Quote

Yeah I’m not fat, skate just fine, and still love eS and Emerica. You conveniently chose the few outlier ugly models/colorways to make your point when all the corpo sports brands have unlimited amounts of ridiculous looking shoes like pretty much every colour of the Dunk, for instance. You think fuzzy neon orange Dunks look cool?! You love giant logos on literally every model so you have no choice but to rock giant logos like a walking billboard? Some of us like classic silhouettes without giant logos or any connection to major sports.
[close]

I agree that I used the worst sh*t to prove my point. I should mention though that I do not, and never will support corporate skate footwear brands aside from vans, maybe. All I want is a dope looking cupsole shoe that offers features that protect my feet and add to durability, while also taking risks design wise.

Emerica is my favorite footwear brand of all time, but they don't make a single shoe I would buy. I strictly wear cupsole shoes for skating, and I know they make cupsoles with features (pour in g6), but why do their cupsoles have to look like vulc shoes? I want a slightly sporty looking cupsole shoe from emerica.. something with some good looking sculpted contours and maybe a foam midsole. (For anyone who mentions the westgate g6, that still wasn't it)

It really bums me out that emerica is like some psuedo motorcycle-skate brand nowadays. Like, just because I don't eat cigarette butts for breakfast, listen to motorhead, drink budweiser heavy, and look like I shower every now and then I can't support emerica? F*ck that, Emerica should be the neutral, core skateboard footwear brand for anyone who skates. The brand identity should be skateboarding, not motorcycles, shitty beer, and stoner rock.

No offense to anyone who is into that kind of thing btw, I just think emerica is too important to skateboarding as a whole to be so directional in their identity.

Glad that you can admit that you looked for the worst colorways you could find and that you're also a fan of skater owned brands. We've had a lot of cupsoles drop recently and have even more coming out. Even though you're already aware of the pour-in G6 midsole maybe you would be into the Gamma G6 as that shoe has a little bit more of a "sportier" look to it than the rest of our other models. It's funny to hear you say Emerica is some motorcycle brand and that our identity is shitty beer and stoner rock. The team is more diverse than you realize as I'm sure you're basing the entire identity off of a couple team riders versus us being a brand that is 100% neutral as you're wanting. From Spanky to Winkowski to Julian to Jpow, we have an entire team that aren't stoner rockin', motor cyclin' and beer drinking guys (75% of the team is sober by the way). Just a group of guys that fucking love to skate and are great at it.

YBOS

• Rep: 14
« Reply #43226 on: September 28, 2021, 11:40:37 PM »
Hell yeah tell it like it is Emerica TM

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43227 on: September 29, 2021, 12:56:26 AM »
October 9th
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 553
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #43228 on: September 29, 2021, 01:13:57 AM »
@EmericaTM comes in swinging, love it. Also glad you guys are shipping down my way again. Shame it was after my mail forwarder stung me $100 in shipping

The Morrie

• Rep: 4
« Reply #43229 on: September 29, 2021, 03:46:10 AM »
Expand Quote
@Sk8 Prick

How bout dez Silos…

[close]
lol those are my work shoes

why does this shoe look like it's made out of all the different shittest black material that could be found?