Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8745909 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43500 on: November 01, 2021, 11:33:10 AM »
Expand Quote
What stood out to me were the slip on accels and neon multi colored shoe laces...yikes
[close]

It is really weird that they added some random paneling to the Keys.
Those looked like a spoof but then I remembered that Globe put out those Blazer Sk8 Hi looking jobbies with the Chet IV paneling and now I don't know what to think anymore
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #43501 on: November 01, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »

this account has been posting essentially all of the upcoming Spring 2022 eS catalog

They're all bad, and they're all bad for the same reasons that the last 10+ seasons of eS shoes have been bad. I'm not even mad at them anymore, I'm mad at myself for looking.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #43502 on: November 01, 2021, 12:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i would buy the shit out of those fake grasshoppers
[close]
[close]
is it a cup though?
They are sleeping on not doing more releases of Matt Rodriguez’s shoe … (in hemp)
[close]

Doesn't look like a cup. Which would be nice. I've been on cupsoles for a while now, been considering getting some vulcs, I'm sure my feet and knees will let me know what a bad decision that was pretty quickly.
[close]

looking pretty vulc here : https://www.zumiez.com/state-stearling-dark-brown-hemp-skate-shoes.html

The ones from the catalog are cups - on the same sole as the Pacifica Cup. The ones on the Zumiez site are pretty clearly vulcs. Seems like the most likely thing that happened was that they were originally going to be cups, but got changed to vulcs at some point. Bummer.

Half of that State catalog is shoes that I'd probably give a try if they were cups, but wouldn't even look at twice as vulcs.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43503 on: November 01, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
But seriously, state could be great, rebuild the team! Put like yaje on

Yeah that would save any shoe company!

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #43504 on: November 01, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »
What state did to the keys is criminal. Who thought all that extra paneling would be a good idea?

I tried the keys and they were the most uncomfortable shoes I'd ever worn. I gave them an honest shot on multiple occasions too - I really wanted to love them.

That catalog is really rough.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #43505 on: November 01, 2021, 01:56:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
is it a cup though?
They are sleeping on not doing more releases of Matt Rodriguez’s shoe … (in hemp)
[close]

Doesn't look like a cup. Which would be nice. I've been on cupsoles for a while now, been considering getting some vulcs, I'm sure my feet and knees will let me know what a bad decision that was pretty quickly.
[close]

looking pretty vulc here : https://www.zumiez.com/state-stearling-dark-brown-hemp-skate-shoes.html
[close]

The ones from the catalog are cups. The ones on the Zumiez site are pretty clearly vulcs.

foureyedjim

« Reply #43506 on: November 01, 2021, 07:13:47 PM »
What’s the deal with the vans wayvee? I’m tempted to try the new brown colorway coming out.  I’m coming from the new sk8 lows which I love but if it’s too different I probably won’t make a change.

Staggerd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43507 on: November 01, 2021, 07:33:12 PM »
What’s the deal with the vans wayvee? I’m tempted to try the new brown colorway coming out.  I’m coming from the new sk8 lows which I love but if it’s too different I probably won’t make a change.
The Wayvee has been the most comfortable shoe I've worn in a while. Note: I wear a wide shoe. If you have a narrow foot I would probably stay away from them because the lacing is pretty high up towards the middle of the shoe.

Unfortunately, the mesh is right where I would normally ollie, so I had to use shoe goo to reinforce the area where the suede and mesh meet along my ollie spot. I would say that as long as your okay with either super gluing, shoe goo'ing, or replacing shoes faster than necessary, they are great. If I didn't have way too many shoes on ice, I would probably be buying more Wayvee's due to the fact that they are so comfortable for my feet, but again, my feet are monstrosities.

If possible go to a local shop and try them on.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43508 on: November 02, 2021, 12:07:31 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #43509 on: November 02, 2021, 12:13:26 AM »

The new Sk8 Lows are my favorite right now as well on my third pair. I had the Wayvees as well. They are more comfortable than the Sk8 Lows but I feel the Sk8 Lows skate better. The waffle cup sole is a little too soft and unsupportive.
How much for an order of ribs?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #43510 on: November 02, 2021, 05:03:57 AM »
them carolina blue crockett high's are on the vans site.

https://www.vans.com/shop/skate-shoes/crockett-high-sky

good come sausage

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #43511 on: November 02, 2021, 06:14:18 AM »
Etnies is making an Airwalk Vic lookalike for Andy Anderson https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVuTE-wlU4f/?utm_medium=copy_link
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

IpathCats

« Reply #43512 on: November 02, 2021, 06:17:08 AM »
Expand Quote
But seriously, state could be great, rebuild the team! Put like yaje on
[close]

Yeah that would save any shoe company!

lol

foureyedjim

« Reply #43513 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Wayvee has been the most comfortable shoe I've worn in a while. Note: I wear a wide shoe. If you have a narrow foot I would probably stay away from them because the lacing is pretty high up towards the middle of the shoe.

The new lacing system doesn't cinch things up near the toe?  Bummer, might have to pass then.  But i'll definitely try it on at a shop or at least at a random vans retail store. 

The waffle cup sole is a little too soft and unsupportive.

Thats interesting, you'd think a "cupsole" would be more stiff.

IpathCats

« Reply #43514 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The new lacing system doesn't cinch things up near the toe?  Bummer, might have to pass then.  But i'll definitely try it on at a shop or at least at a random vans retail store. 

Expand Quote
The waffle cup sole is a little too soft and unsupportive.
[close]

Thats interesting, you'd think a "cupsole" would be more stiff.

Really just feels like a thick ass vulc, super mushy/flexible. Had high hopes for the crockett highs, but they were a let down imo.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #43515 on: November 02, 2021, 09:53:30 AM »
The Crockett Hi have the older thicker Popcush I believe. The Popcush in my new Half Cabs is both thinner and stiffer in the heel. I didn’t like the old and the new is pretty good for me.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43516 on: November 02, 2021, 12:36:43 PM »
them carolina blue crockett high's are on the vans site.

https://www.vans.com/shop/skate-shoes/crockett-high-sky

Finally, they released them. Will grab them for sure.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

FROTHY

« Reply #43517 on: November 02, 2021, 03:23:07 PM »

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #43518 on: November 02, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »
Fascinating
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
« Reply #43519 on: November 02, 2021, 05:12:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
is it a cup though?
[close]

[close]

cup or no cup, these need a velcro strap to be worn strictly undone, dangling out the side --if we're serious about re-living this ipath trip

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #43520 on: November 02, 2021, 06:15:15 PM »
Cupsole > dangling strap

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #43521 on: November 02, 2021, 09:15:18 PM »
Can any Euro TMs in the know tell me if these Chuck Hi's in this clip are from the Cons skate line or just regular Converse? The guy in the first clip with the tailslide and the bs hurricane is wearing some CTAS hightops in blood red with a black sole and white All Star logo. Would cop in a heartbeat

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #43522 on: November 02, 2021, 09:56:41 PM »
Can any Euro TMs in the know tell me if these Chuck Hi's in this clip are from the Cons skate line or just regular Converse? The guy in the first clip with the tailslide and the bs hurricane is wearing some CTAS hightops in blood red with a black sole and white All Star logo. Would cop in a heartbeat

I would guess it's an upcoming colorway since those guys are all probably at least flowed in one way or another. I'm no Cons expert but I see whatever gets posted in this thread and they also don't ring any bells
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #43523 on: November 03, 2021, 09:30:59 AM »
did we ever even get a general release of the previous Ni-Ling ellington shoes, I saw some offerings at euro boutiques iirc?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

FROTHY

« Reply #43525 on: November 03, 2021, 04:02:24 PM »
did we ever even get a general release of the previous Ni-Ling ellington shoes, I saw some offerings at euro boutiques iirc?

They were released, but pretty limited and random. That's kind of how a lot of li-nings are.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #43526 on: November 03, 2021, 10:51:00 PM »
They need to do a re-release for sure. I want a pair of the polar black ones.

These Bruce Lee ones are definitely a choice. The toe looks like it’s a lot more suede vs. mesh and whatever other material which I think doesn’t look as good. I liked how out there all of the different materials make the general release ones look.

foureyedjim

« Reply #43527 on: November 03, 2021, 11:00:40 PM »
Will never support a collab with a dead person.  Corny as fuck. 

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #43528 on: November 04, 2021, 08:26:29 AM »
Will never support a collab with a dead person.  Corny as fuck.

At least with Bruce Lee, his family still profits. I like think he'd be okay with his decedents living off his legacy. Bob Ross and certain WWE wrestlers rights are owned by companies. There was this whole thing were the son of Bob Ross, was not allowed to market himself as "The Son of Bob Ross" because the rights holders of the Bob Ross name are huge dicks

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #43529 on: November 04, 2021, 10:30:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I would guess it's an upcoming colorway since those guys are all probably at least flowed in one way or another. I'm no Cons expert but I see whatever gets posted in this thread and they also don't ring any bells

Justin isn’t sponsored per se but he is a talented artist and often times will paint his shoes if the colors aren’t to his liking which I’d bet is the case here