Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8681415 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #50970 on: December 05, 2023, 06:44:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Who can tell what the adidas skate line strategy is nowadays, but they’re probably nervous about re-releasing the Silas 1 because it did so poorly initially. The skate world is so different now compared to the  that it definitely feels like it has more of a place in skating today. It feels like it could be much more of an NB cupsole design almost and it seems like those are doing well so it would be a smart move. But maybe they’re concerned that Silas himself doesn’t have the buzz to grab attention and move pairs?

EDIT: Unrelated, anyone have any idea what’s going on with Li-Ning? Ellington hasn’t been showing off models or colors as much as he used to, Zach Allen posted a photo in some Kader adidas. It seemed that a bunch of new colorways of the Ellingtons popped up on SSENSE a few months ago, I asked if shops were getting them, EE said yes but then no news. I know EE was basically shipping them out of his garage but I wonder if they’re just doing it as a pet project with him in China or scrapping it altogether. I have two pairs of the pro model and skate one off and on and it’s nice so wanted to get a few more.
[close]

Hes apparently been done with li-ning for a bit.   Too pricey for stateside and never really did anything to build up the brand like an edit or an ad or something like that.   Heard they’re comfy though

They’re super comfy. I really like them, especially because they were so weird. It makes sense that it seems like it never got its feet under itself but I assume the massive hurdles to get any of their products for any of their sports caused some issues. Maybe I’ll find some dead stock in my size somewhere and stock up.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #50971 on: December 05, 2023, 08:49:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who can tell what the adidas skate line strategy is nowadays, but they’re probably nervous about re-releasing the Silas 1 because it did so poorly initially. The skate world is so different now compared to the  that it definitely feels like it has more of a place in skating today. It feels like it could be much more of an NB cupsole design almost and it seems like those are doing well so it would be a smart move. But maybe they’re concerned that Silas himself doesn’t have the buzz to grab attention and move pairs?

EDIT: Unrelated, anyone have any idea what’s going on with Li-Ning? Ellington hasn’t been showing off models or colors as much as he used to, Zach Allen posted a photo in some Kader adidas. It seemed that a bunch of new colorways of the Ellingtons popped up on SSENSE a few months ago, I asked if shops were getting them, EE said yes but then no news. I know EE was basically shipping them out of his garage but I wonder if they’re just doing it as a pet project with him in China or scrapping it altogether. I have two pairs of the pro model and skate one off and on and it’s nice so wanted to get a few more.
[close]

Hes apparently been done with li-ning for a bit.   Too pricey for stateside and never really did anything to build up the brand like an edit or an ad or something like that.   Heard they’re comfy though
[close]

They’re super comfy. I really like them, especially because they were so weird. It makes sense that it seems like it never got its feet under itself but I assume the massive hurdles to get any of their products for any of their sports caused some issues. Maybe I’ll find some dead stock in my size somewhere and stock up.

Yeah I wonder if it was an Olympics lark by the company or they actually pulled it together in the Chinese market

uesty

• Rep: 94
« Reply #50972 on: December 06, 2023, 08:52:45 AM »

Second colorway of the adidas x dime busenitz vulc

Troubadour26

• Rep: 70
« Reply #50973 on: December 06, 2023, 12:52:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50974 on: December 06, 2023, 02:01:35 PM »
i think the wave motif looks much better on things like shoes
really cant stand how it looks on shirts pants and jackets

very unflattering for anybody who doesnt scoliosis
and i have scoliosis
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 703
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #50975 on: December 07, 2023, 07:04:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Adidas as an entire company is in the shitter. Adidas is extremely desperate to maintain relevancy, jumping on any success and oversaturating the demand for the product. The Forum got pushed because of the Jordan 1/Dunk and at this point I've seen well over 100-200 different collabs/colorways of the same fucking shoe, all discounted because nobody wants to buy it.  One of the lines of Adidas I've always been a fan of is the Spezial lineup. Spezial focuses on crafting new models for the lineup, focusing on archival pieces/brand heritage above all else. They're now being impacted by executive decisions, namely being pushed to include the Samba and Gazelle in the lineup and limiting their ability to put out models. Putting aside all the Yeezy nonsense (which isn't worth rehashing), the originals line has gobbled up the skate line. This is why the brand has no relevancy, and essentially adidas is resorting to slapping names on previously planned colorways. Who the fuck wants a Busenitz vulc in 2023?

You're tweaking... Everyone and their mothers are wearing sambas right now. The kids I've seen wearing Jordan 1 are now wearing Campus 00s. Superstars & track-tops are everywhere... The Classics offer is getting love from all the store accounts and they can't get enough. Adidas Originals as what it truly stands for is the strongest it has been in the last decade. Being an archival lead force and not a crutch to Yeezy's line.
Also, SPZL always had models based on the Gazelle/Samba, it's logical to use that connection on their range too when there's such high demand for those models IMO.
The skate range is a different topic, but If ya'll think the Silas 1 is the answer to all the problems than I don't know what to tell you... (and I really like that shoe, I still have a pair).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

finecojeffe

• Rep: 128
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #50976 on: December 07, 2023, 07:33:43 AM »
The skate range is a different topic, but If ya'll think the Silas 1 is the answer to all the problems than I don't know what to tell you... (and I really like that shoe, I still have a pair).

they just need to try at least. Re-release the silas 1

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50977 on: December 07, 2023, 08:08:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think it sold that well to begin with.  I think it’s a cult shoe like the Project BA

mdspb

• Rep: 27
« Reply #50978 on: December 07, 2023, 08:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is that wavy deal on the stripes supposed to be a Vans “jazz stripe”? If so, *polite golf clap*
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 08:27:11 AM by mdspb »
JAH SK8 SPB

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50979 on: December 07, 2023, 08:21:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don’t think it sold that well to begin with.  I think it’s a cult shoe like the Project BA

It definitely didn’t but both of those released at a bad time for their designs. I do think they’d do a lot better now.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50980 on: December 07, 2023, 09:16:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It definitely didn’t but both of those released at a bad time for their designs. I do think they’d do a lot better now.

Doesn’t the Tom Knox scratch the Silas 1 itch enough?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50981 on: December 07, 2023, 10:48:42 AM »
Someone please start a Post UPCOMING/RECENT Bring Back The Silas 1 Comments Thread please.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #50982 on: December 07, 2023, 03:48:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Adidas as an entire company is in the shitter. Adidas is extremely desperate to maintain relevancy, jumping on any success and oversaturating the demand for the product. The Forum got pushed because of the Jordan 1/Dunk and at this point I've seen well over 100-200 different collabs/colorways of the same fucking shoe, all discounted because nobody wants to buy it.  One of the lines of Adidas I've always been a fan of is the Spezial lineup. Spezial focuses on crafting new models for the lineup, focusing on archival pieces/brand heritage above all else. They're now being impacted by executive decisions, namely being pushed to include the Samba and Gazelle in the lineup and limiting their ability to put out models. Putting aside all the Yeezy nonsense (which isn't worth rehashing), the originals line has gobbled up the skate line. This is why the brand has no relevancy, and essentially adidas is resorting to slapping names on previously planned colorways. Who the fuck wants a Busenitz vulc in 2023?
[close]

You're tweaking... Everyone and their mothers are wearing sambas right now. The kids I've seen wearing Jordan 1 are now wearing Campus 00s. Superstars & track-tops are everywhere... The Classics offer is getting love from all the store accounts and they can't get enough. Adidas Originals as what it truly stands for is the strongest it has been in the last decade. Being an archival lead force and not a crutch to Yeezy's line.
Also, SPZL always had models based on the Gazelle/Samba, it's logical to use that connection on their range too when there's such high demand for those models IMO.
Never said anything about the Silas one firstly. Secondly, Spezial's samba was completely different from the current samba. The lead designer literally said it was a mandate that they had to include the Samba and Gazelle, something that had never happened before. There is a difference between creating something out of your own desire and being told to make a very specific shoe. Thirdly, I don't know where city you live in, but you only validated the crux of the my argument. Superstar, Campus, Samba, Gazelle, that's all they have. Look at the outlets right now. Adidas is putting a "limited release" shoe that came out one month ago on sale for half off. You can every skate model for at least half off right now. Want a nora for $35? Want the tyshawn for $40? Want the aloha super for $45? Go on eBay/premium outlets. The originals line is absolute dog shit, same exact product as years ago. It's repetition because adidas has little to offer besides the exact same product over and over.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #50983 on: December 07, 2023, 10:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Never said anything about the Silas one firstly. Secondly, Spezial's samba was completely different from the current samba. The lead designer literally said it was a mandate that they had to include the Samba and Gazelle, something that had never happened before. There is a difference between creating something out of your own desire and being told to make a very specific shoe. Thirdly, I don't know where city you live in, but you only validated the crux of the my argument. Superstar, Campus, Samba, Gazelle, that's all they have. Look at the outlets right now. Adidas is putting a "limited release" shoe that came out one month ago on sale for half off. You can every skate model for at least half off right now. Want a nora for $35? Want the tyshawn for $40? Want the aloha super for $45? Go on eBay/premium outlets. The originals line is absolute dog shit, same exact product as years ago. It's repetition because adidas has little to offer besides the exact same product over and over.

You know skatan works for adidas right? If anyone on this board would have the knowledge it’s him. Plus he makes cool shoes.  Adidas skate is in the shambles it is cause they were about to can it entirely in 2021 and for whatever reason kept it going apparently without changing anything - or at least that’s what’s been said a few times.

I agree they need to more with the line though . If they’re gonna make campus’ and gazelles still at least bring back the og skate ones. Skate shoe companies are all stupid and don’t listen to us though , prolly cause kids will just skate whatever’s cheap and popular .

Side note - with sambas so popular again can we get a reissue of tish tennis’ mine are wearing out and I dont like the regular sambas.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #50984 on: December 08, 2023, 10:51:12 PM »
adidas marketing strategy for 2023:
- release only these models:
superstar
pro model
busentiz
samba (lots of sambas)
nora (prob soon to die)
tyshawn
campus
gazelle
nizza
stan smith
forum
adimatic
aloha
- churn out as many safe collabs as possible
- make more jason dill sambas
- make more FA/Pop/Dime shoes.... people fucking love that shit
- give a pro colorway every now and again so they don't get uppity
- shmoo? fuck yeah put that shit everywhere
- give those alt/00s girls the fucking puffy shoe shit... they love the puffy shit
- make everything slightly cheaper with each release... overprice the collabs and make bank
- sell the rest at loser skateshops and outlets

Add the match courts that list, it was the best selling shoe in stores then the idiots discontinued it

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #50985 on: December 09, 2023, 04:48:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It didn't sell well at all, I think none of the Silas shoes did great tbh. He's an amazing skater, at the time was one of my favs and probably the most underrated SOTY of all time IMO... But he just doesn't appeal to the kids, nowadays even less.
...and yeah, I can see some similarities with the Project BA, probably my fav skate shoe ever.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #50986 on: December 09, 2023, 05:54:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I only mentioned the Silas 1 because it's always mentioned as the shoe that will save Adidas demise, and it's so detached from reality that I can't help but laugh...

The SPZL line was always used to legitimise Adidas archive but from what I heard it wasn't as successful lately as it's been in the past. There's only so many shoes the Old Terrace heads in the UK can and will buy, so I guess pushing the Gazelle/Samba agenda it's actually healthy for the SPZL line as it attracts a newer/younger consumer that probably wouldn't be their target group to start with. I don't see a big issue with it because the product is still good and true to their look, but instead of being called "greenbuck" or wtvr, it's called Samba SPZL. Small compromise to have. 

Also, your argument can be said about any brand... What does mainstream Nike have currently other than a Jordan 1, Dunk, Airforce 1 and to some Airmaxes? Everything else modern falls flat.
The outlet argument too is easy to make when you're in the USA, Adidas simply doesn't have the reach there as in Europe for example, and a lot of product goes on sale.
I think also the sales on Skate shoes have been down for a while, in every brand.
You mentioned Adidas models being half off, I also can find NBs or Nike for those prices. There’s just too much product, and everyone by now knows you can wait a bit and buy most of the stuff heavily discounted.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Loopy

• Rep: 2
« Reply #50987 on: December 09, 2023, 01:22:11 PM »
es and emerica fa/ho 24

this is not everything they put in there, i chose the more interesting stuff, new colorways of old models were mostly trash, as usual

a nice quattro colorway and i don't hate the sophisto, but i can see that it has the shitty accel slim toe. the colorways they chose aren't doing the two nine 8 any favors.

the brown winkowski is aight, the rest is meh, i mean the heritic looks true to the original but the colorways are whatever.
the hoban shoe is boring as fuck, the cadence is an etnies barge ls, look it up

someone post this in the emerica thread, i'm not going in there, the catalogs were enough.

Spanky Hi looks virtually identical to the Romero Laced Hi (not that I mind).

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #50988 on: December 09, 2023, 02:17:59 PM »
Those Emerica Crocketts are okay.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #50989 on: December 09, 2023, 07:04:06 PM »

bigtime we have Gilberts at home.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #50990 on: December 10, 2023, 05:46:35 AM »

Those heteric colorways would be way cooler if they didn’t have the light blue and yellow lines

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50991 on: December 10, 2023, 09:29:53 AM »
Expand Quote
es and emerica fa/ho 24

this is not everything they put in there, i chose the more interesting stuff, new colorways of old models were mostly trash, as usual

a nice quattro colorway and i don't hate the sophisto, but i can see that it has the shitty accel slim toe. the colorways they chose aren't doing the two nine 8 any favors.

the brown winkowski is aight, the rest is meh, i mean the heritic looks true to the original but the colorways are whatever.

someone post this in the emerica thread, i'm not going in there, the catalogs were enough.
[close]

The sidewalls on the Spanky go back a lot further, but you're right - they are similar. I guess it's based on which sole construction you prefer. The difference was even more drastic when the Spanky highs were G6 foam, but I think even the EVA foam is very different than the Laced's construction.

jdpetitpas

• Rep: 18
« Reply #50992 on: December 11, 2023, 11:33:26 AM »
Hours is yours is coming with a new colorway of the North
Looks nice, but I really hope the vamp is sewn into the troble so it doesn't get dismantled while skating

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50993 on: December 11, 2023, 11:43:58 AM »
Hours is yours is coming with a new colorway of the North
Looks nice, but I really hope the vamp is sewn into the troble so it doesn't get dismantled while skating

Yeah…the vamp and the troble…

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #50994 on: December 11, 2023, 08:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
es and emerica fa/ho 24

[close]

[close]

The sidewalls on the Spanky go back a lot further, but you're right - they are similar. I guess it's based on which sole construction you prefer. The difference was even more drastic when the Spanky highs were G6 foam, but I think even the EVA foam is very different than the Laced's construction.

With the way things are going I’m betting they never even drop. If they fired the tm , I’m betting a lot of other contracts are gonna end jan 1st. Emericas cooked. Someone needs to make a new cupsole slip on asap.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #50995 on: December 11, 2023, 08:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
es and emerica fa/ho 24

[close]

[close]

[close]

With the way things are going I’m betting they never even drop. If they fired the tm , I’m betting a lot of other contracts are gonna end jan 1st. Emericas cooked. Someone needs to make a new cupsole slip on asap.

Yup, especially since Emerica were cutting corners already with the Marc Johnson shoe and Heretic as well with no midsole. Also Dakota's shoe got scrapped with a crappy vulc sole instead of the new cupsole sole that was supposed to be introduced with it. Sucks cause Emerica was one of my favorites back in the day, had so many good pairs of shoes but I'm fine to let it go if this is how they're gonna go about it. I love me some reissues, and at least eS has been on point with the Muska and Creager recently, but if it's not done right or better yet with little to no effort, don't bother.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50996 on: December 12, 2023, 05:17:59 PM »
Tim mentioned Dakota's cupsole got scrapped because not enough shops booked it with the sole, not because Emerica was unwilling to do it. But I agree that it's not a good sign.

cornman

• Rep: 16
« Reply #50997 on: December 12, 2023, 07:03:24 PM »
Tim mentioned Dakota's cupsole got scrapped because not enough shops booked it with the sole, not because Emerica was unwilling to do it. But I agree that it's not a good sign.
Did they completely scrap the shoe? I might be confused by how season vintages work but it seems his shoe is getting leap frogged by 2 other pro models? I’m probably in the minority and would buy the Servold.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50998 on: December 12, 2023, 07:34:29 PM »
No, it's still being produced. It's just going to be vulc now and not a new cupsole. EDIT: At least last he mentioned. The Hoban is coming out after (unless the shift to vulc messed with production timing). What's the other pro model? The Spanky Hi has been in production a while but they've had to shuffle its release date.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #50999 on: December 12, 2023, 08:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
es and emerica fa/ho 24

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lets be fair to @EmericaTM with our terminology- he was laid off, not fired. You get fired when you done fucked up and in this case its Emerica that blew it.