Author Topic: Antwuan Dixon going to jail for 1 year  (Read 130330 times)

James Joyce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
Re: Antwuan Dixon going to jail for 1 year
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »
they're a whole gang of rag tag scalliwag's, but helga in the back is definitely in it for the strudels

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2010, 07:36:45 PM »
after i clicked on the police link and then searched his name i felt like a piece of shit.  sorry antwuan.  keep your head up and good luck.
where is home?

ThatOneGuy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
LINK OR GTFO
[close]
[close]
http://app4.lasd.org/iic/details.cfm?A=968C73142093082F427C5273DE4DBF7D820F1CDF&B=%27%288O%2B%232^%2CR%40%20%20%0A&C=EDKYT&CFID=46100673&CFTOKEN=55359273&jsessionid=f030e6c93402f3cde2d731551c4d66323423

"Projected Release Date: 07/04/2011"

8 months.... damn       

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »
The fuck outta here with that Manson/Columbine comparison. Stupidest shit in this thread.

Of course sponsors who capitalize off that bullshit have some culpability. The more out of control Antwuan gets, the move units move.

I'm not saying the Deathwish/Shake Junt dudes don't care about him, but it gets complicated when someone's self destruction lines your pockets.

Whatever though, those dudes are just a bunch of skate rats/former addicts trying to run companies. Not mental health workers. I wouldn't really expect them to have it all figured out.

how is the manson/columbine comparison stupid?  it seems to me to be exactly and precisely what is going on in this thread - blaming a marketing image for some idiot's bad behavior.  doesn't marilyn manson "capitalize off" teenage angst and alienation?  please enlighten me, wise one.

and gipper, we may disagree on this one, but i think we can both agree that some serious internal soul searching needs to be done anytime you happen to fall on the same side of an argument as few1234.  i'd definitely check myself if something unfortunate like that were ever to happen to me.

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2010, 08:06:35 PM »
so any addict with a job's employer is an enabler? ? fuck off. ? i understand there is a difference when said employer makes it money off of kids hyped off hijinks, but i don't think the difference is so great as to shift responsibility from the guilty party to the ones who sign his check. ? i don't even know if he's some kind of addict anyhow. ? fool has decisions to make and ultimately the only one he has to answer to is himself. ? he's not a fucking child, so don't treat him as such. ? he's actually a couple months older than me.

out of control addicts like him get fired from regular jobs.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
Jail helped Martha Stewart, her Martha Stewart Living boards can't stay on the board walls. Rumor has it she might be getting Wal-Mart too.

All joking aside. I hope this kid gets help. I don't tend to feel bad for celebrities, but dudes a person and probably had to deal with some fucked up shit in his life. I imagine his anti-social behavior has something to do with that. Life's bigger than pro skateboarding so hopefully he gets healthy first and foremost.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
i think it's funny that people give this big of a shit when celebrities get arrested. dudes are in here arguing and dissecting everything about Twuan like this is some deep, sad, American tragedy. you do dumb illegal shit, you face consequences. why should the fact that he's remotely famous matter at all? shouldn't he go to jail for the laws he's chosen to break? isn't it justice that he's serving time?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2010, 08:37:19 PM »
how is the manson/columbine comparison stupid?� it seems to me to be exactly and precisely what is going on in this thread - blaming a marketing image for some idiot's bad behavior.�

It'd be a valid comparison if Manson was paying the columbine kids for lifestyle shot ads of them in the act for his album or something. Or paying them for video footage for his videos.

Listen dumbfuck, it's not the Deathwish/Shake Junt marketing image I'm blaming on Antwuan's lifestyle. Behavior's a complicated thing.

But Antwuan's self destructive lifestyle makes his company owners money. They get paid while he falls apart. They'll probably make even more money once they market his prison stint. I'm not saying it's malicious, but there's definitely some culpability there.

few123456789

« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2010, 08:49:25 PM »
so any addict with a job's employer is an enabler? ? fuck off. ? i understand there is a difference when said employer makes it money off of kids hyped off hijinks, but i don't think the difference is so great as to shift responsibility from the guilty party to the ones who sign his check. ? i don't even know if he's some kind of addict anyhow. ? fool has decisions to make and ultimately the only one he has to answer to is himself. ? he's not a fucking child, so don't treat him as such. ? he's actually a couple months older than me.

fire him, dumb ass.  why would you give money to someone with these habits? 

are you too core to understand?  sometimes i'm really disappointed in SLAP.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »
i clicked on that police link.
do we know what he actually caught an F for?

was it possession of a handgun or hitting a chick?

are we going to get the whole story?

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2010, 09:31:56 PM »
Im going to patend the free antwan shirts to exclusively sell to the gangster suburban kids that come to my skatepark.

get yo stock options while you can!!!
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »
http://thesaurus.com/browse/enable

If I have to read the word "enabler" one more time...

wheee!

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2010, 10:47:02 PM »
Expand Quote
so any addict with a job's employer is an enabler? ?�fuck off. ?�i understand there is a difference when said employer makes it money off of kids hyped off hijinks, but i don't think the difference is so great as to shift responsibility from the guilty party to the ones who sign his check. ?�i don't even know if he's some kind of addict anyhow. ?�fool has decisions to make and ultimately the only one he has to answer to is himself. ?�he's not a fucking child, so don't treat him as such. ?�he's actually a couple months older than me.
[close]

fire him, dumb ass.� why would you give money to someone with these habits?�

are you too core to understand?� sometimes i'm really disappointed in SLAP.
it's like you're trying to force people to feel sympathy for someone who doesn't deserve it on the grand scale of things.  nobody forced drugs into his hands.  he's a shit person that should be separated from the society in which he cannot properly function.  only if there was a place to send him to make that a reality - oh shit!  prison!  if his belligerence can't be rectified as a free citizen then he should be taken out of the general populace.  whether or not this turns out to be a positive thing for him has yet to be seen.  he is the type of negative stereotype of which that i as a black man have to deal with the consequences.  it is hard for me to feel sympathy for any sort of self inflicted wounds and so i barely care about him regardless of the debatable amount of responsibility that rest on the baker boys shoulders.  there are starving kids all over the world, people being bombed, and wars of the privileged being fought by the have-nots.  fuck antwuan "catch my fade" dixon.  he'll be fine in jail because he doesn't give a fuck.
life poser

few123456789

« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so any addict with a job's employer is an enabler? ??fuck off. ??i understand there is a difference when said employer makes it money off of kids hyped off hijinks, but i don't think the difference is so great as to shift responsibility from the guilty party to the ones who sign his check. ??i don't even know if he's some kind of addict anyhow. ??fool has decisions to make and ultimately the only one he has to answer to is himself. ??he's not a fucking child, so don't treat him as such. ??he's actually a couple months older than me.
[close]

fire him, dumb ass.? why would you give money to someone with these habits??

are you too core to understand?? sometimes i'm really disappointed in SLAP.
[close]
it's like you're trying to force people to feel sympathy for someone who doesn't deserve it on the grand scale of things. ? nobody forced drugs into his hands. ? he's a shit person that should be separated from the society in which he cannot properly function. ? only if there was a place to send him to make that a reality - oh shit! ? prison! ? if his belligerence can't be rectified as a free citizen then he should be taken out of the general populace. ? whether or not this turns out to be a positive thing for him has yet to be seen. ? he is the type of negative stereotype of which that i as a black man have to deal with the consequences. ? it is hard for me to feel sympathy for any sort of self inflicted wounds and so i barely care about him regardless of the debatable amount of responsibility that rest on the baker boys shoulders. ? there are starving kids all over the world, people being bombed, and wars of the privileged being fought by the have-nots. ? fuck antwuan "catch my fade" dixon. ? he'll be fine in jail because he doesn't give a fuck.

You're not getting it.  I honestly didn't finish reading your post. 

I would not give him any money.  I would cut him off my team.  I would cut him off financially.  No money, no drugs.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2010, 11:49:19 PM »
So did some chick at a skatepark catch his fade, or did he get popped for holding heat in a backpack? Or is this one of those awesome combo-crimes?
Combo crime? Like punching a chick to switch crook?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and where did  you here that antuwan beats women?
[close]
Its the first post in the fucking thread.

[close]
hitting someone isnt necessarily fucking beating someone.
Umm... yes it is. That's what beating is. Its hitting.
That's some insane denial right there.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2010, 12:02:36 AM »
And to whoever was talking about bloods/crips/mexican gang thing is actually kind of dead on. Latino gangs, including Mexican gangs have been taking over areas traditionally controlled by African American gangs. In fact, Latinos overall are taking over areas that used to be overwhelmingly black overall, not just in the criminal world. There is A LOT of racial tension in LA over this. It sucks too, because both groups have the same mountain to climb if they are fighting over who controls a street filled with tattered shacks in Compton.
The thing about the whole bloods/crips thing is that I'm pretty sure that the overall feud is over. Also, its not like there is one unified "bloods" and "crips." Most of those gangs are split up into sets or cliques in local areas, often times relating to a street. The people in the cliques are mostly concerned with local issues and rivalries with other local sets that often relate to local interactions. Often times two crews under the crip umbrella will have beef with each other, it may not have always been this way, but there is no real central control these days. Another interesting fact: there are FAR more crips than bloods.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:53 AM »
Biggavel

FREE MAX B

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2010, 12:33:58 AM »
Not that it matters , but I know for a fact he punched a chick in the face, for no real reason at all, at Tampa the year he got arrested down there.  My friends were at the contest said he was just generally an asshole all weekend.   

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2010, 02:52:09 AM »
 you guys are acting like other teams dont have people that rage hard on any given day or have drug problems and this is the first time in skateboarding history this has happened. you know its not. gino went through a horrible drinking problem and fell of the earth for a while and went to jail for a period of time. no one eggs these guys on they just do what they do. the difference between baker and everyone else is that baker is the only company that tags their pictures on facebook.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2010, 03:32:21 AM »
prison only makes you a better criminal and doesn't solve the problem at all.
and: it's easy to cover up social and political problems through blaming individuals. send everybody to prison, because your system produces poverty.
that's not only an american problem, it's the same almost everywhere in the "western" world.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2010, 04:57:38 AM »
i wonder if on some level he's relieved.  i mean...

Mr.Blonde

• Rep: -150
  • "Your fucking with my z-rollers"
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2010, 05:57:05 AM »
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
FREE MAX B

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2010, 09:18:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so any addict with a job's employer is an enabler? ??fuck off. ??i understand there is a difference when said employer makes it money off of kids hyped off hijinks, but i don't think the difference is so great as to shift responsibility from the guilty party to the ones who sign his check. ??i don't even know if he's some kind of addict anyhow. ??fool has decisions to make and ultimately the only one he has to answer to is himself. ??he's not a fucking child, so don't treat him as such. ??he's actually a couple months older than me.
[close]
[close]
it's like you're trying to force people to feel sympathy for someone who doesn't deserve it on the grand scale of things. ? nobody forced drugs into his hands. ? he's a shit person that should be separated from the society in which he cannot properly function. ? only if there was a place to send him to make that a reality - oh shit! ? prison! ? if his belligerence can't be rectified as a free citizen then he should be taken out of the general populace. ? whether or not this turns out to be a positive thing for him has yet to be seen. ? he is the type of negative stereotype of which that i as a black man have to deal with the consequences. ? it is hard for me to feel sympathy for any sort of self inflicted wounds and so i barely care about him regardless of the debatable amount of responsibility that rest on the baker boys shoulders. ? there are starving kids all over the world, people being bombed, and wars of the privileged being fought by the have-nots. ? fuck antwuan "catch my fade" dixon. ? he'll be fine in jail because he doesn't give a fuck.
There's overwhelming evidence that people who are put in prison for drug possessions come out worse than before and is not helpful. Rehab is the key to fixing this problem. Also realize the environment he grew up in and who he's around.

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:43 AM »
Hosoi went to prison for trafficking a pound and a half of crystal meth, but he found god, so it's no big deal.

Yeah this dude has done some dumb shit, but he'll probably end up showing the judge his new colorway and get off with a fine and some community service. Doesn't affect me at all.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
thats gotta suck 8 months not skating and you are a pro. that is like all he can really make money off of, such a waste of 8 months for him too because thats pretty mcuh one of the only "productive" things he can do, otherwise he is a pretty useless human being. this guy would never go to work for a construction job or nothing like that hed never be able to make it into work on time. thats why people like bici are tight, dude can actually be a contributing member of society.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
i think kids looked up to him not giving a shit, but in the last year its got so rediculous that the majority of skaters feel sorry for him and want him to get it together. people support him for his skating because he's so good. but if hes not going to skate...why support him

I'm pretty sure your sig is a picture of you. It is, isn't it?
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Exeter

• Rep: 1
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »
fades have been caught.
best single line posted in recent memory.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2010, 11:34:24 AM »
what an interesting thread