Author Topic: Banksy's warehouse extravaganza  (Read 6738 times)

loophole

cold budweisers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Banksy's warehouse extravaganza
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »
thats so tite bansky makes such fuxxing c00l soicial comentary i love his stecel work too he is my hero

fuckingvegan

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:17:33 AM »
Good stuff.

isaac

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »
some of the stuff at that show is going for $10,000 and up. brad pitt and other "celebreties" were in attendence and bought some of his workl. now that's some funny stuff!

Mizzark

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 11:05:10 AM »
thats so tite bansky makes such fuxxing c00l soicial comentary i love his stecel work too he is my hero

YEH I KNOW him and neckface are like the perfect combo

max power

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 11:07:19 AM »
is banksy getting vans shoes i hope so

edicwhun

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »
This one's ill too:

Death still aint took me yet, but I'm flirtin' with her and I think I got her pussy wet...

Mizzark

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 11:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
some of the stuff at that show is going for $10,000 and up. brad pitt and other "celebreties" were in attendence and bought some of his workl. now that's some funny stuff!
[close]

The UFO's attacking the one painting was sick too.

wow, such amazing work. hes so right, the constituions like not even in eefect now bcuz of bush,..... sheeple.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »
Now, I'm betting the guy on the left is thinking, "Fuck, this would look sooooo good on a pair of SB's..."

If give Banksy(s) about one year before cashing in this fame, and totally Michael Mooring his popularity into the "My parents don't understand" suburb wallets.

I don't understand the first part? Are you saying you give him a year or it gives with past trends a year before he catches on? And I didn't know kids where into Michael Moore, I thought it was all goth and emo now for the angst ridden crowd.

Mizzark

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 12:28:58 PM »
Regardless of the message it is someone who is successful at doing something very creative which is a lot more then most can say.

you would suck banksys dick huh

Mizzark

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 12:37:52 PM »
A lame reply from an equally lame person.  Sure as fuck beats the shit out of you riding on ymhy's coattails.  Thats about as creative as you get huh.

thats all you hipsters ever do, get cornered and change the subject. Im not riding anyones coat tails, youre just throwing something out because you cant defend your lame ass hipster art.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2534
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 12:42:38 PM »
 HATE! isn't a hipster...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

fuckingvegan

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 12:44:03 PM »
Expand Quote
A lame reply from an equally lame person.  Sure as fuck beats the shit out of you riding on ymhy's coattails.  Thats about as creative as you get huh.
[close]

thats all you hipsters ever do, get cornered and change the subject. Im not riding anyones coat tails, youre just throwing something out because you cant defend your lame ass hipster art.

Not that Hate! needs any help to make you look dumb, but how did he change the subject?

Mizzark

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not that Hate! needs any help to make you look dumb, but how did he change the subject?

WELL vegan since you without a doubt need me to explain this to you, I criticze banskys shit and Hate accuses me of riding ymhys coat tails. Do you see the contrast in subjects yet?

Mizzark

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 12:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How am I a "hipster"? (Jesus, if that isnt a fucking tired term to begin with.)  And I don't need to defend the art because it isn't MY ART you fucking jackass.  And yes you do ride his coattails, he makes the opinions and you just agree with them.  Why?  Because you are his bitch.

Thats bullshit, and you're still changing the subject

Mizzark

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 12:55:49 PM »
I was kind of curious as to whether or not that was a real elephant....I am sure  I could look it up somewhere on the internet, but I am too busy doing bipster things like shopping at Urban Outfitters and listening to whiny music while making sure my hair is properly messed up.  Fuck!

Nice Perfect Strangers reference.

oh you're so not a hipster. you're right. banksy's "F*ck Shrub" art mentality is totally cutting edge and nothing near what I hipster would enjoy.

Mizzark

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 01:22:56 PM »
Expect his SB Dunk out next month. I'm serious. I saw it in the 2009 Spring catalogue.

case in point

Mizzark

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 01:30:44 PM »
I will say he does some cool shit sometimes, but the message is always weak

uruguay

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 01:35:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I was kind of curious as to whether or not that was a real elephant....I am sure  I could look it up somewhere on the internet, but I am too busy doing bipster things like shopping at Urban Outfitters and listening to whiny music while making sure my hair is properly messed up.  Fuck!

Nice Perfect Strangers reference.
[close]

oh you're so not a hipster. you're right. banksy's "F*ck Shrub" art mentality is totally cutting edge and nothing near what I hipster would enjoy.
hmmm where is the banksy artwork with anything resembling george bush?

uruguay

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »
i don't even particularly like banksy, but you've got to go.

People need People because of other People

• Rep: 3
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »
Expect his SB Dunk out next month. I'm serious. I saw it in the 2009 Spring catalogue.

really? 2009?

Mizzark

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 03:29:35 PM »

who the fuck are you talking to

Noboru

• Rep: 8
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »
He screams of the kid with the Che shirt, "Fuck War" pin, Bapes, and an ipod.

He'd have been fine never doing the gallery.

yep, i thought part of his style was to be totally undercover and unnoticed, as in being able to sneak into art museums and replace shit

...now he has brad pitt chatting it up at his show, bad move in my opinion

uruguay

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

IM FUCKING TALKING TO YOU YOU LITTLE PUSSY nah actually that was directed at our brooklyn brawler.

Mizzark

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 03:37:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
IM FUCKING TALKING TO YOU YOU LITTLE PUSSY nah actually that was directed at our brooklyn brawler.

haha he's got a point though

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »
I was in LA over the weekend and got to stand in the massive queue (the length of the city block) yesterday in the 90 degree sun to check out the show.  And it was quite worth it.

Strange crowd.  I could tell that most of the people were there to check out the elephant or who just knew him from the Paris Hilton or Disney stunts, so it's kinda sad to see that he's branching out to the mainstream.  I'd rather see this kind of stuff stay with people that can appreciate it for it's creativity and not just because they saw that Brad Pitt was there.  If nothing else, I guess that I can be stoked that with the recent hype around him the print I have of his should go up in value.

Here are my shots from the show...

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 07:17:39 PM »
Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think that he's forgotten about what he wrote.  I'm just thinking that, like he said, the notoriety is just a by-product of hitting places / people that are in the public light. 

I think It would have been much cooler if the shit wasn't for sale, so that I wouldnt have to see assholes, who don't really get what he's trying to get across, drive off with four pieces in their SUV's.  Or maybe that's what he's trying to get across.

roulette

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 07:23:17 PM »
you would go out of your way to look at some lame shit like this?

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 07:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

YEH I KNOW him and neckface are like the perfect combo
thats my dream collabo

Mizzork

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 07:48:30 PM »
Expand Quote
If I was Banksy, I'd have some of my buddies putting some of the extra copies produced on auction for personal financial gain.  Or not.  I'd probably just flood the market after people have paid out the nose for a copy.
[close]