Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173475 times)

Cameron Hoegee

Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #570 on: February 18, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »
landed my first nollie heel

The Human Condom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #571 on: February 18, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
Passing along this J. Stranger to a kid in need at the skatepark.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #572 on: February 19, 2013, 12:09:37 AM »
Pushing around with my buddies and skating curbs, walls and a little plastic planter we came across, glad I had a fun sesh before the rain comes tomorrow.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #573 on: February 19, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
Met up with a homie I hadn't seen in like a year. Had a nice mellow session, just cruising around and doing lots of 5-0s.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #574 on: March 01, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »
I had a really good late night session.  I started in Chinatown and picked up a pastry bun, skated around on some ledges then made my way to Love Park.  A bunch of guys were there and it was a nice relaxed session.  I was really happy with a few lines. Stayed there for an hour and a half then went back to Chinatown grabbed another bun and headed home. 

I also had a good two hour session at FDR earlier in the day.

Shredsledder

« Reply #575 on: March 01, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »
I've been trying to keep on a regiment of every time i go skate i have to land something I've never done before. Doesn't have to something hard. I've found that's a good way to keep me stoked on skating. I've had to apply it to the miniramp at the local indoor park because it's been so shitty out. I can't wait to skate outside again.

smellyfart

« Reply #576 on: March 01, 2013, 10:36:58 PM »
bombing hills. i do it almost everyday and it still has not gotten old to me. went skating today to this little spot down the street from my house today. and when i think back to it, i had way more fun bombing the hill on the way there than i did at the spot.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #577 on: March 01, 2013, 11:13:21 PM »
actually trying tricks again. i stopped skating for a few years, sidetracked by drugs. I'm biking 30 miles a week, slowly losing weight and skating again. got ollies and nollie 180s back, i know it sounds stupid and simple but its a great fucking feeling. hopefully ill land a kickflip within the next week or so, then ill try to hit a spot or two by myself.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #578 on: March 02, 2013, 12:08:47 AM »
Snow finally dried up at the park, plus it was nice and sunny so I went over expecting to do a quick loner sesh. Ended up hooking up with most of the homies which was a pleasant surprise. At first I could barley ollie the small sets because I hadn't skated stairs in months, but once I got my shit together things went great. When your with a bunch of friends you feel the energy and wanna push yourself.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »
Went out for a nice long session with an old friend and we just had a blast. We skated well and were just acting sort of stupid and getting into shenanigans like we used to when we were younger. It's been a few hours since I got home and I'm still stoked that the session was such a good time

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #580 on: March 08, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »
GRINDING 50 50 S , SMITHS AND FEEBLES :D

NegativeCreep

« Reply #581 on: March 08, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
Had the whole park to myself, hauling ass and shouting my stoke to the empty park  8)

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #582 on: March 08, 2013, 07:10:36 PM »
I'm learning how to (finally) ollie out of manuals onto something and land back in manny.
popping out of mannys is such a bitch though...

Cameron Hoegee

« Reply #583 on: March 08, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »
The council decided to do snow clearing this week so i got out and skated the bit of flat i could. the feeling of skateboarding has been missed far to much over this last seven months of winter

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #584 on: March 17, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »
THE SOUND OF MY GRINDS MADE THE CROWD GO WOW
DRAMATIC BERTLEMANNS ALSO

IM SHOCKED WITH MY OWN SELF  8)

Skate Daily

• Rep: -15
  • www.Freeryderapparel.com
    • FreeRyder avatar image
« Reply #585 on: March 19, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Park with the Homies and then Street till the sun went down Good day

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #586 on: March 19, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »
Didn't bail onto my possibly fractured wrist or broken hand.
I'm finally going to the doctor tomorrow.

Camp Grunge

• Rep: -7
« Reply #587 on: March 21, 2013, 08:43:04 AM »
slid a couple of decent (for me) back tails. also relearned how to kickflip over things. good times

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #588 on: March 26, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »
Real smoothe granite slappy curb. Had not skated it before. It was in front of a theatre and while I was skating there (I was by myself) from inside there came hoardes of schoolchildren. They were going ape about me skating there, even on the slappys! Then cheering me on while I was trying boardslides on a rail with next to it grass and a neccesary pop-out. Didn't make it, but theyr were still hyped.
As one of the classes was leaving, they were all standing in line next to the busstation. I decided to cool guy it and drive past them making a stylishzz backside powerslide. They got even more hyped and then I drove past them frontside they're all hanging over the railing and then I showed them my dick.    Nah, that's not what happened. I drove past them frontside and slipped on another powerslide. Then I just whent hyphy muself and high-fived about cheering twenty kids and gave one the knuckles. Shit was mad funny.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • the moon rules
« Reply #589 on: April 05, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »
I pinched a nerve in my back last summer and it just started hurting again out of the blue. Today was the nicest all around day of the year so far, and the first time i've been able to skate what i consider to be a full session in two weeks. On top of that Eli Reed, Zered, and Nick Trapasso were in town filming for a Cons commercial. They came to the spot and kicked it and skated for most of the day. Add in a new board and new shoes and I'll consider this to have been a perfect day
fuck you bama

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #590 on: April 05, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »
Im finally starting to regain some board control after a long and harsh European winter.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #591 on: April 05, 2013, 11:44:08 PM »
1. The fact that its so fucking hard. Just learning an ollie ends most people's venture into skating. We are the dedicated ones. The ones who saw something cool, and stuck with it until it was just as cool to us.

2. Impossibles over gaps/off of drops. Just learned them. Super fun. Am I jumping on the bandwagon? Maybe, but fuck it, they are fun
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

zoltan

« Reply #592 on: April 06, 2013, 12:04:09 AM »
1. The fact that its so fucking hard. Just learning an ollie ends most people's venture into skating. We are the dedicated ones. The ones who saw something cool, and stuck with it until it was just as cool to us.

2. Impossibles over gaps/off of drops. Just learned them. Super fun. Am I jumping on the bandwagon? Maybe, but fuck it, they are fun

i always remember when i first started skating watching skate videos dreaming about being able to be as good as i am now, and now i trip out that i basically succeeded i guess, but really i am only dreaming of being better and progressing everyday. I love the fact you can learn something new every day on a skateboard or at least do a trick on a new obstacle

thank you skateboarding

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #593 on: April 06, 2013, 12:21:33 AM »
Skated to my legs gave out, and it was awesome.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #594 on: April 06, 2013, 12:36:43 AM »
This was yesterday, I work the night shift as a proofreader for the news and I'm done 6 AM.  Took my board with me and went to a downtown pole jam spot directly after.

Although my back's still adjusting to skating again due to winter dormancy, it was still a great time.  Never learned pole jams but always wanted to. 

I was getting close then started to mess it up, but it was great fun to have an early morning downtown session trying that trick after months of not skating.  Only thing is the metal is starting to crack at the bottom, I need to find a sealant or bonding agent to keep the spot alive.

egbert

• Rep: 10
« Reply #595 on: April 06, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
Skated the Klamath Falls park for about 1.5 hrs then went across the street and skated an unenhanced jersey barrier for about 10min. Landed one wallride.  Had fun.  Curbs and a mellow bank tomorrow on a bike and skate.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #596 on: April 06, 2013, 02:03:13 AM »
I'm working on a 7 handmade board series all night tonight.

edit: make that 8
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:46:03 AM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #597 on: April 06, 2013, 03:19:09 AM »

Well put, my friend.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #598 on: April 06, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
I've been skating recently with two old friends from middle/high school who never really got into it other than for a few weeks. I've been teaching them a lot of the basics as well as getting them super hyped up beforehand by showing them parts that I think exemplify some of the reasons why skating is so awesome.

It's just been great to see how into it they are and how impressed they are with how I've stuck with it all this time.

It brought me back to when I was first really getting into it... ah all those nostalgic feels.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #599 on: April 13, 2013, 01:25:47 AM »
Having a park to my self and learning switch 50s on a curb with coping, I enjoy the little things.