Author Topic: girlfriends  (Read 4014 times)

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
girlfriends
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »
does your chick support the fact that you're gone pretty much the whole day because of skating? same routine - skate, skate, skate. i mean, it's cool that she's backing what you're doing, but is she a fool for being with a dude who's "trying to do something with his skating" aka trying to become pro? is she aware that skaters who are chasing the dream are pretty much throwing their lives away?

Inanimate Object

Re: girlfriends
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:47:03 PM »
I don't know because I never had any illusions about this being a viable career.

sdscanz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »
wait im sorry are you talking about yourself or someone you know?
why would you describe yourself as someone who's throwing your life away?
doesn't this bullshit belong in the whatevs section?
actually does this bullshit belong anywhere?

gnarnel

• Rep: 6
  • ilikeboys
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:26 PM »
oh i didnt know i was throwing my life away, and honestly who even trys to go any were with skating the people that do go places with skate usually dont really try to  it just happens . honestly if your skating just  to go some where in it and just to become pro or famous u just need to go pick up a football and be a fag some where else. i definitely think this thread should be more about how girls can take out skaters in your group and ruin skaters.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »
lol What Chick?

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »
I don't know because I never had any illusions about this being a viable career.

nylin

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »

Lets not get crazy here. In case you haven't read the previous thread, ChildoftheBurbs is FLOW for a company. He's obviously talking about someone else since he's on the road to skateboard stardom. Energy drink sponsors and all.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 11:27:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lets not get crazy here. In case you haven't read the previous thread, ChildoftheBurbs is FLOW for a company. He's obviously talking about someone else since he's on the road to skateboard stardom. Energy drink sponsors and all.

Damn right. Thanks for following my career. ;D

midnitecruiser

• Rep: -66
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 11:37:18 PM »
i was once having a conversation with my girlfriend at the time. she asked me a question about my goals. i mentioned a couple of tricks I wanted to do in the near future. this disappointed her. she later said something about girls being interested in guys who were interested in "building bank"

ontheswarm

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 11:43:50 PM »
theres so many different types of girls out there you just need to find the right one down for whatever your wanting to do whether it be going pro or just skating for fun....my last girlfriend always tripped about me skating everyday I couldn't take it had to leave her

Who is childoftheburbs flow for?

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
Forget girls, just skate and do cool stuff when your not skating. 

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
You're not going to "make it."
And she's going to fuck someone else.
Maybe not in that order.

I'm sorry.

On to the next shitty COTB thread...

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 01:20:47 AM »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 01:51:07 AM »
get money
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 02:42:31 AM »
yeah my girl loves it, takes photos and shit if im skating with her (on holidays and stuff)
she even understands when i say "im going skating, you can lock up the house" at like 11 in the morning
best bit is that she gets turned on when skating makes me all sweaty and shit

TheyBannedColic

• Rep: -3
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 03:34:32 AM »
Well using the formula 'Skateboarding =(is equivalent to) pussy'
We can say that skateboarding and vagina are two great things that only men can truly enjoy.
But when a variable is tossed into the mix that's when you can decide between the two

Variables:
'G' = Having a good day
'B' = Having a bad day

G + Skateboarding > Pussy*
B + Skateboarding < Pussy*

A way to test this is to step on your skateboard and do your 'go to trick' if you don't land, don't bother, go back inside and indulge.

It's all simple math, really.

*Fleshlight is an acceptable alternative

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:36:50 AM by TheyBannedColic »

ginz2

• Rep: 4
  • i seent it.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »
my girlfriend is my filmer.
grom n proud

DRVAD666

• Rep: -5
    • http://www.strangemilitary.com/images/content/101001.jpg avatar image
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 06:54:39 AM »
I skate for nobody but myself, I know some cool chix are down with it and the others are just preps

jimi420

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 07:47:19 AM »
I laid it out for my girl as follows
Skateboarding is at the top of th list
my family is below that
then her
then what she cares about.

It turned out pretty well. I don't think she took me serious but i was.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »
You're not going to "make it."
And she's going to fuck someone else.
Maybe not in that order.

I'm sorry.

On to the next shitty COTB thread...

well said.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

pollutedvision

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »
Pro skating is pretty far out there, I wouldnt blame a girl if she left me to pursue my career in the lucrative act of skateboarding.

RRRRRAD

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:30 AM »
I usually get the "why do we only hang out when its dark or raining?"

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:13 AM »
My wife is pretty supportive when it comes to skating. I'm not trying to be a pro filmer or something and she knows that, but she knows it's something that I enjoy doing and makes me happy. She also understands that this is how I hang out with my friends and most some of them I've been skating with since I was 12 years old. She's been dealing with it for 11 years but I guess she assumed when we got married almost 4 years ago now that it would chill out, and I guess I haven't been going out as much as I used to but mainly because of work. Sometimes I'll be out all night filming because of my schedule, this past saturday night I got home at 5am from skating all night hahaha I just told her in advance I'd be out all night skating and she wasn't bummed at all that I slept until 2 the next day. The generator/lights and shit lost it's appeal years ago really, I enjoy going out early in the AM and coming home around 7-8 and just enjoying a whole day, but sometimes with my schedule that is impossible.

Honestly though if all I wanted to do was skate, film and be with friends and not spend anytime with her she would be bummed. Sometimes with life your best bet is to learn to be a professional juggler. I really like to do a lot of things, I usually don't want to turn something down if I have the oppurtunity to do it and it something I want to do, but with life you have to make it work. Same goes for your girlfriend or your wife.

If she isn't supportive at all, and is bummed whenever you're not with her it's time to move on.

By the way, what is life? Do we have a purpose? I don't know I don't think anyone does for sure, but if something like skating that is for the most part a positive thing, I would certianly not look at it as "throwing you life away". In fact some would say that going to college or working 60 hours a week is throwing your life away, and I would agree to a certain point, because if you're not enjoying your life then what's the point right?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:22:03 AM by TMKF »

sk8_stuff

• Rep: -2
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 08:21:07 AM »
If a girl really cares about you then she will support you no matter what your doing. I have been married for 7 years and my awesome wife has always loved that I have something like skating in my life.
Think, it's not illegal yet. - Les Claypool

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 08:24:17 AM »
If a girl really cares about you then she will support you no matter what your doing. I have been married for 7 years and my awesome wife has always loved that I have something like skating in my life.

Yep, its rad...do you ever feel like your wife is a little bit jealous that you have a "hobby" that you're passionate about? I'm not saying jealous in a bad way but like kinda like she wished she had something she had the same feeling about and had friends with that same common interest. Honestly sometimes I feel bad... ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:26:49 AM by TMKF »

sk8_stuff

• Rep: -2
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep, its rad...do you ever feel like your wife is a little bit jealous that you have a "hobby" that you're passionate about? I'm not saying jealous in a bad way but like kinda like she wished she had something she had the same feeling about and had friends with that same common interest. Honestly sometimes I feel bad... ;)

I see what your saying cause there really isn't that many things that combine everything that skating does, but she's got lots of her own things going on like playing music, her modeling and painting. Shes actually the one who is gone all the time, with her work. Shes 12 hours away right now and it really sucks.
Think, it's not illegal yet. - Les Claypool

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »
You probably won't become pro COTB.

My girlfriend doesn't care if I skate all day or not. She supports me too, she'll walk into a shop with me and ask what things are. We plan to move to a on campus apartment when I go to grad school and her going for a BA, she suggested I put my boards on the wall so it looks like a home, unlike my other apartment lol.

Dragon Slayer

• Rep: 46
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
My old flame was always pissed at me for skating all the time. I mean naturally I don't do it as much as most of you guys because you guys are more hardcore than I am when it cums to skateBOARDING. But that guy was bad news. I had to dump him because he was always like don't go skating today! come to brunch with me and watch will and grace! and I'd be like listen, Mark going to brunch and watching will n grace does sound pretty nice but we do that like every fucking morning. There is other shit in life out there waiting for us! I tried to get him to come skating with me once but you know how most fags are, fucking un-athletic as shit. WELLL that's not true but the ones I date are. Maybe I need a man's man. but that's gross. I like em real little like me.
college is for people who can't rap

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
My old flame was always pissed at me for skating all the time. I mean naturally I don't do it as much as most of you guys because you guys are more hardcore than I am when it cums to skateBOARDING. But that guy was bad news. I had to dump him because he was always like don't go skating today! come to brunch with me and watch will and grace! and I'd be like listen, Mark going to brunch and watching will n grace does sound pretty nice but we do that like every fucking morning. There is other shit in life out there waiting for us! I tried to get him to come skating with me once but you know how most fags are, fucking un-athletic as shit. WELLL that's not true but the ones I date are. Maybe I need a man's man. but that's gross. I like em real little like me.
Are you a dude or a chick?

dolphin titties

• Rep: 32
  • tastes liek shit
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 11:44:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you a dude or a chick?

He's a fucking dude and awesome as fuck.