Author Topic: Ricky Oyola's Epicly Later'd - June 30th  (Read 143336 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ricky Oyola's Epicly Later'd - June 30th
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't respect that. If that's true he's single-handedly responsible for faggotry. Also, what the fuck does raw mean? how is the skating he supposedly "created" more raw than the skateboarding that was happening before him?
[close]

Just out of curiosity, how many hits do you give Berrics per week? 
You can't watch it with adblock now, so like 2 to see what's on and then i search youtube. When it did work I probably went there several times a day. and just out of curiosity, how many times do you go skateboarding per week?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2011, 10:33:59 AM »
You really think I'm about to watch some bitter delusional clown talk about how great he is?

He specifically states how he was not as good as a lot of the pros he met in California. Or as you describe it "a clown talking about how great he is".

I cut it off as soon as I saw his kid say his dad is famous.

We are talking about a child numbnuts. The child also talked about how cool his sticker book was. What an idiot! That stickerbook wasn't even that cool! And Ricky must be at least semi-famous, considering we are all now talking about him. I would say he was a huge figure in 90s skateboarding. Does this mean that he's as famous as P-Rod, Rob Drydek, or Tony Hawk, no. I would wager that Santa Claus isn't real either, I wonder what the child thinks about that?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »
COTG, you will never understand pure, good (actual street skateboarding) skateboarding, you are flat-out ignorant.  So whoever wants to argue with him just don't bother.  BUT STICKERS??  WHAT THE FUCK RICKY??  BUY THE KID SOME GODDAMN LEGOS, JESUS CHRIST..

bob

• Rep: -19
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2011, 10:35:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't respect that. If that's true he's single-handedly responsible for faggotry. Also, what the fuck does raw mean? how is the skating he supposedly "created" more raw than the skateboarding that was happening before him?
[close]

Just out of curiosity, how many hits do you give Berrics per week?�
[close]
You can't watch it with adblock now, so like 2 to see what's on and then i search youtube. When it did work I probably went there several times a day. and just out of curiosity, how many times do you go skateboarding per week?

Hahaha adblock? Sure man I believe you ;)

And with 6700 posts I don't think you should be asking other people how many times they skate per week.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »
For a first episode, that was really uninteresting

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2011, 10:44:52 AM »
Skateboarding needs more Ricky Oyola's.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA I'm ignorant. this is the dumb shit I'm talking about. This is another thing i don't understand, if you're out "raw street skateboarding" how is it "raw" if you specifically went looking for spots to film on? they are going out with the intention of filming, Their video parts aren't reality shows, people don't just follow them around with cameras constantly rolling while they go skate. Those shitty lines take them lots of tries sometimes. It's no different than someone going to a ledge spot and trying the same trick over and over, or someone jumping down a set of stairs or a rail over and over, aside from the fact that it's not as hard.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »
You definitely know what you're talking about when it comes to East Coast skateboarding.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »
i just wanna see what happens if i do this

fuck you COTG

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA I'm ignorant. this is the dumb shit I'm talking about. This is another thing i don't understand, if you're out "raw street skateboarding" how is it "raw" if you specifically went looking for spots to film on? they are going out with the intention of filming, Their video parts aren't reality shows, people don't just follow them around with cameras constantly rolling while they go skate. Those shitty lines take them lots of tries sometimes. It's no different than someone going to a ledge spot and trying the same trick over and over, or someone jumping down a set of stairs or a rail over and over, aside from the fact that it's not as hard.

this.  i love to watch the type of skating in the eastern exposures and old zoo york videos....but i never really understood why people would say it is 'more real' or 'organic'.    trying to film a line is trying to film a line, but somehow the city backdrops has led to his delusional romanticism of what they are actually doing.   it's just skateboarding.  
where is home?

RevertEverything

• Rep: 18
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
If you think you are going to convince COTG of anything you are regular.

COTG, you refuses to watch the video and then talk shit on Slap posters before anyone even said anything overtly pro-Oyola. You're responding to posts that don't even exist yet! This just shows all you really care about is fighting with people on here and not actually voicing your honest opinion on skateboarding.

I do find some of your posts/opinions amusing, but at least wait until somebody posts something about the episode before jumping down everybody's throat for kissing his ass.

I was never a huge Ricky fan, but for some reason I don't find his negativity/"chip on his shoulder" (at least so far) as bad as Puleo's in that interview a few months ago. Really looking forward to where this goes.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2011, 02:14:55 PM »
COTG, you will never understand pure, good (actual street skateboarding) skateboarding, you are flat-out ignorant. So whoever wants to argue with him just don't bother. BUT STICKERS?? WHAT THE FUCK RICKY?? BUY THE KID SOME GODDAMN LEGOS, JESUS CHRIST..
Are you saying that what P.Rod, Shane O'neill or whoever else COTG likes does isn't actual street skating? Now that sounds ignorant.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »
I mean, getting in your car and driving to whatever stairset, to me, isnt pure street skateboarding..

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2011, 02:35:30 PM »
clark hassler is not a pure raw street skateboarder :'(
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

earlygrab

« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2011, 03:34:27 PM »

Can't poor gill ricky catch a break?

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2011, 03:55:31 PM »
YO WUT DOEZ MY BOI, CLARK HASSLE YA, HAVE 2 DO WIT DIS?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2011, 04:02:26 PM »
If you think you are going to convince COTG of anything you are regular.

COTG, you refuses to watch the video and then talk shit on Slap posters before anyone even said anything overtly pro-Oyola. You're responding to posts that don't even exist yet! This just shows all you really care about is fighting with people on here and not actually voicing your honest opinion on skateboarding.

I do find some of your posts/opinions amusing, but at least wait until somebody posts something about the episode before jumping down everybody's throat for kissing his ass.

I was never a huge Ricky fan, but for some reason I don't find his negativity/"chip on his shoulder" (at least so far) as bad as Puleo's in that interview a few months ago. Really looking forward to where this goes.

It's not about being pro oyola, even though damn near everyone on here is. It's about if someone else said the exact same shit, they would be getting shit on for it.

I mean, getting in your car and driving to whatever stairset, to me, isnt pure street skateboarding..
You don't know if they skated there or not. Hell, you don't know if ricky skates to every spots he skates. There was a video recently of jake johnson, where he said while he's hurt he drives around looking for spots. You're saying that if he drives to those spots, and skates them, he isn't "pure street skateboarding"

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2011, 04:08:43 PM »
You didnt even understand what I meant, you idiot.  Sign off and go back to the skatepark.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »
HAHAHAHA this is exactly what I'm talking about. You guys don't even understand half the shit you say. If you didn't mean that, don't say that, faggot.

basedhead

• Rep: -3
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2011, 05:15:48 PM »
its just raw ok, jeez put your tampon in

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2011, 05:17:24 PM »
What happened to my comment?

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
What I mean was that with Ricky's skating its like he just steps out of the door and skates around from spot to spot.. It doesnt fucking
matter if he drives there or not its just the act of doing lines throughout his city instead of going to a stairset or ledge stressing out and taking forever to land some ridiculous trick.

juja

« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »

I love how this thread, after just one episode, has turned into mad bickering. Can't wait too see what the following episodes will bring!!

dankradschwag

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »
i am overtly pro oyola

few123456789

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »
COTG is making a complete fool out of most people in this thread.

I'm not going to talk shit on Ricky, I grew up watching his videos.  And, as far as I'm concerned, he is getting the respect from the people he thinks he deserves it from.  I imagine he's more upset his business is not succeeding the way he wants. 

But...COTG is 100% right and you guys would be destroying half the skate population if they said what Ricky said...after all, you did it to Puelo. 

RE: speaking your mind.  Guarantee Kalis doesn't always do it, because he didn't shit-talk on Ricky, and that's why he has a skate career.

I wonder about the average age here sometimes. 

Edit: This doesn't make me dislike Ricky's skating.  I don't idolize pro skaters.  Loved the episode and Traffic has a few people I like so I'd buy a board if I could get one.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:25:28 PM by few123456789 »

earlygrab

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
I'm confused why he thinks he's the only one that skated that way, especially on the east coast in the 90's, or why the world needs to reward him for it? I guess he is too. would he really respect himself being a milk dud? He's a great skater but if he can't see why someone like Koston deserves what he has, dude has lost touch so much he needs to let go and move on.

I'm eager to see more and his post response. perhaps this is the boost he needed.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
What I mean was that with Ricky's skating its like he just steps out of the door and skates around from spot to spot.. It doesnt fucking
matter if he drives there or not its just the act of doing lines throughout his city instead of going to a stairset or ledge stressing out and taking forever to land some ridiculous trick.
So, skating on or around the sidewalk is pure street skating, and anywhere else, is not. Do i have it yet?

few123456789

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So, skating on or around the sidewalk is pure street skating, and anywhere else, is not. Do i have it yet?

It's completely regular...  Ricky talked about driving to Philly in the beginning of the episode.  And like you said, people don't film lines just randomly skating around.

Sure, COTG doesn't know what East Coast urban skating feels like on the day-to-day...I used to live in LA, you gotta drive around a bit.  Doesn't mean it's not street skating.  None of those lines are more than 50 yards.  Give it a break. 

Nobody skates Manhattan or Chicago (except late hours) the way you guys are describing btw because they can't get away with it... 

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2011, 07:38:48 PM »
Yea, I have absolutely no problem with people liking this type skating, if you want to be gay, do you. Just don't say it's a more pure form of skateboarding, when it's the same thing. That's the only thing i have a problem with people on slap.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It's completely regular...  Ricky talked about driving to Philly in the beginning of the episode.  And like you said, people don't film lines just randomly skating around.

Sure, COTG doesn't know what East Coast urban skating feels like on the day-to-day...I used to live in LA, you gotta drive around a bit.  Doesn't mean it's not street skating.  None of those lines are more than 50 yards.  Give it a break. 

Nobody skates Manhattan or Chicago (except late hours) the way you guys are describing btw because they can't get away with it... 

fuck it, im getting too high to argue