Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 580965 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3780 on: September 24, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »
thinking about moving to san diego
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3781 on: September 24, 2019, 09:58:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SHOULD I TRADE MY CROSSTREK FOR A FORESTER OR TACOMA OR AM I OK IN MY BITCH MOBILE
[close]
keep it small if it works.
[close]

50 YOURE THE REAL MVP.

MY ONLY GRIPE IS THE LOW HORSEPOWER AND ACCELERATION.
[close]

TRADE THAT GIRLY THING IN AND GET A PICKUP TRUCK.  AS LONG AS IT MAKES SENSE FINANCIALLY.
[close]
I REALLY WANTED A TRUCK WHEN I BOUGHT MY CAR USED RECENTLY BUT I WAS BUMMED WHEN I REALIZED THEY DONT MAKE SMALL TRUCKS LIKE FORD RANGERS ANYMORE. EVERYTHING IS AN F-150 SIZE AS IF I WAS GOING TO BUY SOME DIP AND ROCKSTARS TO GO WITH IT.
[close]

I DECIDED TO KEEP THE CROSSTREK FOR THE TIME BEING

IF THE DAY EVER COMES I DONT WORK IN LOS ÁNGELES AND DRIVE 50 MILES TO DO IT I WILL GET A TACOMA

JUST DROVE MY SISTERS OUTBACK AND WAS THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED
[close]
THEY SHOULD BRING BACK TINY BARE BONES TRUCKS.

[close]
I've been wanting a small truck forever. I actually get a little jealous when I see random Latinos driving around in their old Nissans and Toyotas. I don't want any part of the upkeep of an old vehicle though. These manufacturers just make what the people want and apparently the people want monster trucks with crew cabs, 3 foot beds, and giant arm sized mirrors to do 90 in the left lane in.
Vehicles from the 2000's if everything else is in good shape, are easier to maintain. But I mean it being older means there is more that could have gotten messed up. But in terms of general maintenance, if you can put together a board you can handle it. I used to never worry about doing brakes and oil changes on my old car but with my more modern one it's such a hassle.

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #3782 on: September 25, 2019, 08:29:01 AM »
When's the world going to end?

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3783 on: September 25, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
When's the world going to end?

Not sure when, but I do know how.

DanTheDoucher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3784 on: September 25, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SHOULD I TRADE MY CROSSTREK FOR A FORESTER OR TACOMA OR AM I OK IN MY BITCH MOBILE
[close]
keep it small if it works.
[close]

50 YOURE THE REAL MVP.

MY ONLY GRIPE IS THE LOW HORSEPOWER AND ACCELERATION.
[close]

TRADE THAT GIRLY THING IN AND GET A PICKUP TRUCK.  AS LONG AS IT MAKES SENSE FINANCIALLY.
[close]
I REALLY WANTED A TRUCK WHEN I BOUGHT MY CAR USED RECENTLY BUT I WAS BUMMED WHEN I REALIZED THEY DONT MAKE SMALL TRUCKS LIKE FORD RANGERS ANYMORE. EVERYTHING IS AN F-150 SIZE AS IF I WAS GOING TO BUY SOME DIP AND ROCKSTARS TO GO WITH IT.
[close]

I DECIDED TO KEEP THE CROSSTREK FOR THE TIME BEING

IF THE DAY EVER COMES I DONT WORK IN LOS ÁNGELES AND DRIVE 50 MILES TO DO IT I WILL GET A TACOMA

JUST DROVE MY SISTERS OUTBACK AND WAS THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED
[close]
THEY SHOULD BRING BACK TINY BARE BONES TRUCKS.

[close]
I've been wanting a small truck forever. I actually get a little jealous when I see random Latinos driving around in their old Nissans and Toyotas. I don't want any part of the upkeep of an old vehicle though. These manufacturers just make what the people want and apparently the people want monster trucks with crew cabs, 3 foot beds, and giant arm sized mirrors to do 90 in the left lane in.

I had a Ford Ranger 4x4 for a few years and it was my favorite vehicle that I've ever owned. Then I had kids and had to get something with a backseat, but that Ranger was awesome.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3785 on: September 25, 2019, 12:38:11 PM »
anyone keeping track of UK poitics?

so the Supreme court found Boris' prorogation unlawful and opposition partys are calling for him to resign but hes all just like 'nah'
is there a higher authority than the PM?
can / shoudl he go to jail?

Brexit is equal parts hilarious and terrifying

my bad if there is a thread about this already, please point me in that direction

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3786 on: September 26, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »
I was thinking that it would be fun for a couple of Slap Pals to meet up and do one of those skate trivia nights that Black does.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3787 on: September 26, 2019, 08:07:02 PM »
Are there dumb aliens?  If so, do they leave them all on their home planet or do they take some along to do menial chores aboard the mothership?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #3788 on: September 26, 2019, 10:02:26 PM »
I pondered today why the fuck I'm more afraid of front boarding a flatbar than back lipping coping. Haven't done a front board on anything in years lol. Someone beat the wuss out of me please.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #3789 on: September 27, 2019, 12:28:00 AM »
I pondered today why the fuck I'm more afraid of front boarding a flatbar than back lipping coping. Haven't done a front board on anything in years lol. Someone beat the wuss out of me please.

wanna trade? i cant back d/lip on tranny to  save my life

tranny in the streets

• Gronk
« Reply #3790 on: September 27, 2019, 01:23:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha, just keep at it I guess. I learned back disasters before axle stalls because that trick was the main reason I wanted to start skating tranny in the first place. A well executed back d is one of the most beautiful things in the world IMHO.

Now if only I could practice what I preach and 'just keep at' front boards... Fuck rails, but with only b/s boardslide variations it gets pretty lame skating them.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #3791 on: September 27, 2019, 03:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Haha, just keep at it I guess. I learned back disasters before axle stalls because that trick was the main reason I wanted to start skating tranny in the first place. A well executed back d is one of the most beautiful things in the world IMHO.

Now if only I could practice what I preach and 'just keep at' front boards... Fuck rails, but with only b/s boardslide variations it gets pretty lame skating them.

he yeah, for sure - my plan for winter is to leanr to skate tranny. I've been avoiding it for 15 years haha

learn BS feebles man, easily my favourite trick to do on round rails -  once you figure them out they are fun as hell and the variations are endless

tranny in the streets

• Gronk
« Reply #3792 on: September 27, 2019, 03:31:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

he yeah, for sure - my plan for winter is to leanr to skate tranny. I've been avoiding it for 15 years haha

learn BS feebles man, easily my favourite trick to do on round rails -  once you figure them out they are fun as hell and the variations are endless

That's another thing! I'm too much of a wuss to try back feebles, because my back 5050s suck. I have a friend who can back feeble anything every try and he says it's easier than boardslide sometimes but god damn I'm gonna have to just man up and do it one of these days.

Tranny is pretty fun to learn, once you figure out the feel of the tranny it's amazing to just mess around on!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3793 on: September 27, 2019, 07:21:07 AM »
An invert Christ air. One hand on the coping, the rest is an upside down cross. Gotta get full extension though.

Mad Max

« Reply #3794 on: September 28, 2019, 02:45:39 AM »

Your sig is sick!

https://cdn.kapwing.com/final_5d8c43c3357b4c00148bb042_514777.gif

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #3795 on: September 28, 2019, 04:12:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's another thing! I'm too much of a wuss to try back feebles, because my back 5050s suck. I have a friend who can back feeble anything every try and he says it's easier than boardslide sometimes but god damn I'm gonna have to just man up and do it one of these days.

Tranny is pretty fun to learn, once you figure out the feel of the tranny it's amazing to just mess around on!

Your friend is right, once you fingure out how to lock in to a feeble you can sit on it all day. so much fun!

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3796 on: September 28, 2019, 05:26:42 AM »
Is this GAY? I can’t remember if he has sleeves
from r/Cumtown

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #3797 on: September 28, 2019, 05:37:46 AM »
I wonder if media conglomerates are intentionally trying to confuse us with incomplete, misleading, or antagonizing information, or if the fourth estate has become a cannibalized husk of its former self, unable to effectively describe a society that has outgrown the traditional press.

Mad Max

« Reply #3798 on: September 28, 2019, 11:54:15 AM »
Not so much pondering as wondering who the hell shot this photo of RZA back in the day?

What a find

« Reply #3799 on: September 29, 2019, 03:32:18 AM »
Is this GAY? I can’t remember if he has sleeves
from r/Cumtown

Sleeve on the right confirmed, from his Pals Questions episode

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #3800 on: September 29, 2019, 08:24:51 PM »
i miss tracer
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3801 on: September 30, 2019, 08:34:56 AM »
why the fuck is NASA such a fashion statement these days?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3802 on: September 30, 2019, 08:53:27 AM »

Dude.

I had this exact same thought over the weekend. I saw like 20 people wearing NASA shirts, and I can't almost guarantee that none of them know what NASA actually stands for.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3803 on: September 30, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude.

I had this exact same thought over the weekend. I saw like 20 people wearing NASA shirts, and I can't almost guarantee that none of them know what NASA actually stands for.

I don't. National Aeronautic Space .... Astronauts? I just know it's branded on everything now. I just saw a NASA wine for fucks sake. Pretty sure they don't make wine in space.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3804 on: September 30, 2019, 05:09:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude.

[close]

I don't. National Aeronautic Space .... Astronauts? I just know it's branded on everything now. I just saw a NASA wine for fucks sake. Pretty sure they don't make wine in space.
   I think theyre all  from pennys.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #3805 on: September 30, 2019, 07:26:05 PM »
couples that look like they could be siblings

the crosswalk dude that gives high fives can’t be trusted
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3806 on: September 30, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »
couples that look like they could be siblings

the crosswalk dude that gives high fives can’t be trusted
Oh you mean like the crossing guard for kids ? Yeah he should be rotten towards the kids . Kids got it easy with their plush new schools . My middle
School looked like a mental hospital. You shouldn’t be happy going to school .

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #3807 on: September 30, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
No holds bar pulling my steak out 2020

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #3808 on: September 30, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »

Im currenty working at a university and every second person i see is walking around campus with NASA gear on, i dont understand when this became a thing.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #3809 on: October 01, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »
Has anyone watched the World Roller Games? I've never heard of it but apparently it includes skateboarding?