Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 582881 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4080 on: December 13, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »
gatz = no bullets
  You dont wanna be guessing with that shit
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4081 on: December 13, 2019, 08:05:40 AM »
cops = tazers
mArLeY

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #4082 on: December 13, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
gatz = no bullets
[close]
  You dont wanna be guessing with that shit
Yeah it seems like dude with the gun had no trigger discipline, I cannot say for certain I'd do the same if in the situation.

Probably be the only time I'd get away with self defense manslaughter, if that's the term?!

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4083 on: December 13, 2019, 08:19:51 AM »
mArLeY

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4084 on: December 14, 2019, 06:42:50 AM »
fuck that.

i cant imagine having someone pull a gun on us while skating! do you guys in the States realise how fucked up that is? the casual gun laws you have blow my mind you cant even imagine how much people over here would lose there shit if a gun was pulled in public like that.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #4085 on: December 14, 2019, 06:50:41 AM »
fuck that.

i cant imagine having someone pull a gun on us while skating! do you guys in the States realise how fucked up that is? the casual gun laws you have blow my mind you cant even imagine how much people over here would lose there shit if a gun was pulled in public like that.
laws got nothing to do w/ it, gangmembers have stolen weapons. our gun laws prevent millions of potential crimes a yr, by i believe  6-1 ration vs guns used in crimes.
asides, in other countries the fat guy would throw acid or stab. guns are better because they're demonstrative.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4086 on: December 14, 2019, 07:01:38 AM »
Expand Quote
fuck that.

[close]
laws got nothing to do w/ it, gangmembers have stolen weapons. our gun laws prevent millions of potential crimes a yr, by i believe  6-1 ration vs guns used in crimes.
asides, in other countries the fat guy would throw acid or stab. guns are better because they're demonstrative.

i guess youre half right. i dont know anything about the statistics at all so ill take your word for it.

but nah that second point i disagree with. In the 2 decades ive been skating noone has ever pulled a knife or thrown acid on us. Theres been plenty of little scuffles and fights but the lowlifes in up here in Scotland arent out to kill anyone, they usually just want your wallet.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #4087 on: December 14, 2019, 07:29:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fuck that.

[close]
[close]

i guess youre half right. i dont know anything about the statistics at all so ill take your word for it.

but nah that second point i disagree with. In the 2 decades ive been skating noone has ever pulled a knife or thrown acid on us. Theres been plenty of little scuffles and fights but the lowlifes in up here in Scotland arent out to kill anyone, they usually just want your wallet.
sure and how many vids are there of thugs pulling guns on skaters? it's happened, we had a mulch gap that became known as 'wiggers w/ guns gap' behind a situation but nobody was trying to hurt anyone, they were showing off a stolen firearm and throwing weight around.
and i think there's a bench spot known as 'bullets' but it wasn't related to violence against skaters.
our states run the gamut w/ gun rights but the ones where everyone might be strapped trend safer than the gun control areas, make of that what you will.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4088 on: December 14, 2019, 08:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
in the irishman was scorsese implying the mob assassinated kennedy?
[close]

Yea that's been one of the more popular conspiracy theories about kennedy.

How did you like the movie? Joe pesci is so fucking great. Much more relaxed performance than usual from him, but he has been out for a good while. It was a long film but it was very entertaining.

I liked parts of it. they could have definitely shortened it. some of the hoffa stuff especially was too long and not particularly interesting. I also think they should have hired younger actors for the early scenes.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4089 on: December 14, 2019, 01:55:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
in the irishman was scorsese implying the mob assassinated kennedy?
[close]

Yea that's been one of the more popular conspiracy theories about kennedy.

How did you like the movie? Joe pesci is so fucking great. Much more relaxed performance than usual from him, but he has been out for a good while. It was a long film but it was very entertaining.
[close]

I liked parts of it. they could have definitely shortened it. some of the hoffa stuff especially was too long and not particularly interesting. I also think they should have hired younger actors for the early scenes.

Yea I agree with both sentiments. The hoffa stuff really slowed down everything.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
« Reply #4090 on: December 16, 2019, 05:31:33 PM »
"fuck with" used to mean to challenge or harass someone. but these days the meaning flipped to mean you're a fan of something, similar to the way "bad" took on a positive meaning in 80s slang. so when young people listen to "wu-tang clan ain't nuthin' ta f' wit," do they think the wu-tang clan is very aggressively declaring how shitty of a hip-hop group they are?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #4091 on: December 16, 2019, 05:41:27 PM »
^ that’s a good bit
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #4092 on: December 18, 2019, 06:51:00 PM »
I need help filming for my friend. I promised a mellow trick at a real spot.

It could take lots of trys with out plywood.

I need a fake spot
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #4093 on: December 18, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »
i had to google who the vice president is
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4094 on: December 18, 2019, 07:39:03 PM »
Useless Wooden Toy Banter

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #4095 on: December 24, 2019, 05:56:53 PM »
So I checked the official Olympics website to see what they have to say about skateboarding.

Strangely enough, despite there being articles about skateboarding on the site, it's still not listed as one of the sports - https://www.olympic.org/tokyo-2020

Maybe I'm missing something, or they have to finalize the teams or whatever, but it's a strange omission. Made me wonder if they could actually pull the plug on the whole thing, and if that happens, how we'd all react. I'm also wondering if the Olympic committee is aware of all the criticism and backlash from skateboarders to the inclusion in the Olympics, and if that's swaying their opinion on it.

Looking at the articles, one of them describes a girl from Brazil as "desperate" to get into the Olympics. Another one says "There’s no doubt that the Olympic spotlight on skateboarding and the impressive tricks on show will help boost the credibility of the sport. And almost certainly encourage more people to get skateboarding… " The tone is a little weird - like they're trying to prove that the Olympics is good for skateboarding. I don't know. Looking forward to the eventual thread!

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 93
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #4096 on: December 24, 2019, 06:03:01 PM »
Was wondering about Puleo’s wheel.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #4097 on: December 24, 2019, 06:22:07 PM »
I swear, Reddit is just a big information gathering device used by people trying to create a lifelike human AI. all the opinions and the level of upvotes and downvotes, all that raw data is probably being analyzed somewhere to be used at a later date to create a synth or some shit.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4098 on: December 24, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »
I swear, Reddit is just a big information gathering device used by people trying to create a lifelike human AI. all the opinions and the level of upvotes and downvotes, all that raw data is probably being analyzed somewhere to be used at a later date to create a synth or some shit.
Can't wait for the first robot to speak solely in shitty puns and Arrested Development quotes

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #4099 on: December 26, 2019, 07:15:38 AM »
the days between xmas and nye are the holiday season’s taint
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

AssFlea

« Reply #4100 on: December 26, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »
What is peace? Does it exist anywhere? Its Peace as I picture achievable or is it against the natural order of reality.

Why is there a fiery wall of plasma just outside our solar system. Not very peaceful
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #4101 on: December 26, 2019, 01:28:34 PM »
How many ollies has the Gonz popped so far?

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #4102 on: December 26, 2019, 02:23:26 PM »
What is peace? Does it exist anywhere? Its Peace as I picture achievable or is it against the natural order of reality.

Why is there a fiery wall of plasma just outside our solar system. Not very peaceful
Peace is the natural flow of energy, its entropy, order vs chaos. The sun is an incredibly peaceful purge, an orgasm lasting 10 billion years, imagine how amazing it is to be the universe? The sun exists because of a flow, from order back to chaos, from a nexus to the edge of the solar system, that flow is peaceful and blissful. We swim in an ocean, on the surface treading amongst waves. Why is it so rough? Maybe cause the calm is what we tread in, what we stress to float upon. We are the waves that toss us side to side, I am the spray burning your face. Everything is suddenly so beautiful, when you become a fetus submerged in a womb, engulfed in an abyss, you see its always the same, Below the flailing, and splashing, below the fighting and swimming, one day,
Drowning.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4103 on: December 26, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »
jetlag is fart poisoning
listen to cosmic psychos

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4104 on: December 28, 2019, 07:23:00 AM »
jetlag is fart poisoning
  Plus heavy metals.

AssFlea

« Reply #4105 on: December 28, 2019, 08:50:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Peace is the natural flow of energy, its entropy, order vs chaos. The sun is an incredibly peaceful purge, an orgasm lasting 10 billion years, imagine how amazing it is to be the universe? The sun exists because of a flow, from order back to chaos, from a nexus to the edge of the solar system, that flow is peaceful and blissful. We swim in an ocean, on the surface treading amongst waves. Why is it so rough? Maybe cause the calm is what we tread in, what we stress to float upon. We are the waves that toss us side to side, I am the spray burning your face. Everything is suddenly so beautiful, when you become a fetus submerged in a womb, engulfed in an abyss, you see its always the same, Below the flailing, and splashing, below the fighting and swimming, one day,
Drowning.

that wasb beautiful.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4106 on: December 28, 2019, 07:01:41 PM »
If u can tic tac you can tac tic.  Once i realized that i got more respect for Tactics skateshop.  I have loose trucks but i love to throw out tic tacs when im skating the spot.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4107 on: December 28, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »
If u can tic tac you can tac tic.  Once i realized that i got more respect for Tactics skateshop.  I have loose trucks but i love to throw out tic tacs when im skating the spot.

What is wrong with you?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4108 on: December 28, 2019, 10:17:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What is wrong with you?
  Fun haver. (ponder some shit er shuddup)  Edit, ur being a dill hole last month and a bit trying to take shots at my lil posts.  Get over it feller.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:30:17 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 339
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4109 on: December 29, 2019, 01:47:23 AM »
I'm too conscious of our mortality to be bothered dealing with negativity anymore.