Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575143 times)

Fhk

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4890 on: February 28, 2021, 07:27:53 AM »
Why as I get older I land flip tricks with my feet back in the setup position? Especially the front foot. It is getting worse with age. Does this happen to other people or just me?

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4891 on: February 28, 2021, 02:05:01 PM »
The upriver/downriver thing was stupid when dill said it, but it technically counted out AWS Jake Johnson (who if i remember correctly was living in pittsburgh and filming VX at the time). That's ridiculous

Remember boyslifeNYC?

I bought his book. It was ok, alex olson is a character in it
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #4892 on: February 28, 2021, 02:13:13 PM »
Yeah, probably / hopefully. The abruptness was just kind of strange. No farewells or anything. Considering that he seemed to be logged-in and posting 24-7 it was just kind of strange that he all of a sudden should have lost any interest. He almost seemed to crave the attention and the friction. Other power users, eh pals, (like Tracer and Tobey for instance) kind of announced they will leave the board.
Seriously can anyone confirm he’s still like, out there somewhere?  Same with COTG. 

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4893 on: February 28, 2021, 05:52:46 PM »
Expand Quote
What happened to the gipper?
[close]

I think after the clash with Mike Sinclair and around that time he got doxxed, he probably figured it wasn't worth what he was getting out of it. Someday we'll all figure that out. But not today.

Had anyone looked for him on social media? Dude definitely posted footy on slap and his face was floating around the boards back in the day. What was the recent doxx?
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4894 on: March 01, 2021, 11:11:02 AM »
Better days will return again

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #4895 on: March 09, 2021, 03:25:28 AM »
How there's an inverse relationship between my quality of life and my time spent on Wooden Useless Toy Banter
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #4896 on: March 09, 2021, 04:09:32 PM »
How there's an inverse relationship between my quality of life and my time spent on Wooden Useless Toy Banter

That place is cancer. Stick to whatevs and the gear section.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4897 on: March 09, 2021, 06:15:14 PM »
Ok so I want to write a Bali wood style musical.
Gangs of new deli.
It's the gangs of New York meets westside story with microtonal singing and crazy acrobatic moments.

I want it to flow like Kurosawa and pop like Disney.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

beandemon

« Reply #4898 on: March 10, 2021, 08:00:09 AM »
Ok so I want to write a Bali wood style musical.
Gangs of new deli.
It's the gangs of New York meets westside story with microtonal singing and crazy acrobatic moments.

I want it to flow like Kurosawa and pop like Disney.

That’s a great 30 second elevator pitch. Somebody get this man a meeting.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4899 on: March 11, 2021, 01:40:41 AM »
most concepts about alien life in popular sci fi suck ass.

like in star wars. fucking wookies, are you kidding me? that's what you come up with. some manbeardog? it's so lazy. why would an alien species come out like this? any sci-fi with humanoid earth-animal hybrids seems ridiculous to me. also, staying with star wars here, why would all these alien races adopt the human way of doing commerce? there's always some inherently greedy capitalist type alien race that holds all the power in the galactic market because for some reason they are super cunning and are better at capitalism than humans. then you always have some sort of reptilian race, some insectoids, some squidmonsters. it's so dumb and clearly illogical. of course they are almost always the same size as humans, too.

generally how every alien race seems to have this super homogenized culture while simultaneously being in a galactic federation of sorts seems absurd to me. it's pretty much just space fantasy. also how would something like capitalism or market competition even be a thing in these types of post-scarcity societys? other than that any form of interstellar or intergalactic trade seems super futile from a logistics perspective. seeing how these sci fi societys never seem to run out of energy and probably already reached kardashev level 2, why would you need stuff from another system? at that point in technology, they should be able to 3d print anything out of whatever matter. there would be no need to transport anything unless it's a very rare element you couldn't produce artificially at that point(super unlikely since we already can produce a lot of exotic particles in particle accelerators right now), and then that only makes sense within a star system.

stuff like dune, where there is pretty much no sentient alien life at all or at least no contact has been made, seems much more plausible in terms of hard sci fi. but that's probably boring to most. the most realistic scenario is that humanity is dead 200 years from now and we have some probes floating around the galaxy for whatever alien civilization that comes after us to possibly find. and we'll never make it further than titan within our own system imo. but personally i doubt that we will ever successfully colonize another planet or moon. i am pretty sure we're dead set on dying out here on earth.

Masshole

• Rep: 23
« Reply #4900 on: March 11, 2021, 07:59:21 AM »
I was thinking today.. How many people in human history have died in pursuit of figuring out everything we could and couldn't eat? A full list of everything wouldn't have been available until the creation of the internet presumably. Additionally, what inedible thing has poisoned and killed the most people in human history? I would assume some type of mushroom or maybe a poisonous fish, idk though, just speculation from someone with almost no related education.

mushroom slice

« Reply #4901 on: March 12, 2021, 08:55:27 AM »
What iz a “trade count”?

beandemon

« Reply #4902 on: March 12, 2021, 12:39:03 PM »

Fhk

« Reply #4903 on: March 14, 2021, 10:29:16 AM »
Did Q-Tip bang that girl from Dee-lite?

Disclaimer: That song came on the radio while I was painting so it was not just a random thought..we haven't reached that point of insanity just yet.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4904 on: March 14, 2021, 10:33:42 AM »

Disclaimer: That song came on the radio while I was painting so it was not just a random thought..we haven't reached that point of insanity just yet.

I hope so.  And I hope Bootsy was there playing bass.

Fhk

« Reply #4905 on: March 14, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope so.  And I hope Bootsy was there playing bass.
And with that picture painted, the spanktank has overflowed.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4906 on: March 15, 2021, 12:24:59 PM »
Trade count is rep for the buy/sell section. It's SLAP's version of eBay feedback.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #4907 on: March 15, 2021, 11:23:19 PM »
this is a terrible idea that can only be posted in this thread really - it would be interesting if there was some sort of base part for pro skaters. i thought about this when people were doing the "BEST SKATER" threads and being that skating is as subjective as it is, it's really unquantifiable.

so it could be interesting if there was like a 2 minute part that everyone put out that was the same part. i guess you could only do this idea in a skatepark that was symmetrical for fs/bs/goofy/natural.

anyway, a terrible idea that is full of holes and is completely unnecessary but there it is.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

mushroom slice

« Reply #4908 on: March 17, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
Indra’s Net
Pretty interesting idea. Been pondering it for a bit now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yD9og3ylAzg

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4909 on: April 12, 2021, 03:54:24 PM »
I am just sitting around baked and watching abc news breakfast and there was a short bit on carbon emissions with electronics it said Bitcoin transactions are 0.5% of all current emissions and I forget the number they said but they said phones and data takes up a shitload like way more than planes and stuff

I never thought about that before I mean I don’t think I’m gonna do anything but yeah I never knew that
listen to cosmic psychos

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #4910 on: April 14, 2021, 10:19:55 PM »
Was having lunch with my wife today and was in a conversation about something and for some reason I thought about the last light I went through on the way to the restaurant. If I had stopped at that light and waited the 30 seconds or whatever until it turned green, would we be having the same exact conversation during lunch? Or would something we said during that time waiting for the light to change completely shift the future of our overall conversation? I guess that's kind of like the butterfly effect on a much smaller scale, but made me curious.

Irvine-Sucks.com

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4911 on: April 14, 2021, 10:54:23 PM »
I don’t know but if you went though the red you might not be posting now
Trippy
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4912 on: April 15, 2021, 03:36:24 AM »
Real estate just fronted me today I showed em my payments to the jailed Colombians and offered to take over the place until the wrecking ball comes though

What do I do, do I take the room back in valley for 240 or do I just take this joint over and save the possums for six months choose my life you cunts
There’s room for a ramp here and it’s half a days work shieet I just decided fuck a forum
listen to cosmic psychos

Fhk

« Reply #4913 on: April 22, 2021, 03:05:02 PM »
Who tf is Skaterpat on Instagram?

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4914 on: April 22, 2021, 04:51:34 PM »
Whats the point in giving Cops tasers and less lethal bullets if they just kill people?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4915 on: April 23, 2021, 04:09:32 PM »
Which one of you posted this in the RS sub?

Fhk

« Reply #4916 on: April 23, 2021, 05:40:19 PM »

I ponder where Rosa is nowadays?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4917 on: April 24, 2021, 08:16:53 AM »
wondering how living next to several underground particle accelerators and the worlds most powerful 3d x-ray microscope might affect my health. especially since the big one is called hera. kind of creepy hahaha. but also kind of cool. i always forget about this and then it always freaks me out when i look for stuff on maps and find it in the neighborhood.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4918 on: April 24, 2021, 12:04:12 PM »
Not me! good sub though we used to bully dasha on there
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

mushroom slice

« Reply #4919 on: April 25, 2021, 09:43:55 AM »
Dust is 70-80 % dead skin
How many peoples worth of dead skin do we inhale throughout our lives?