Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574914 times)

dofrenzy

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4950 on: June 05, 2021, 01:45:38 PM »
I thought of this question a few days ago and I can’t get it out of my head. Maybe sharing here will help me move on to more pleasant thoughts:

Based on what you know of lawsuits, court cases, court convictions, history, victim testimony, and what you glean from media reports in general, which of the following 2 groups is more *likely* to engage in child rape and child murder:

1 - Satanists
2 - Christians

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4951 on: June 05, 2021, 02:33:39 PM »
That is such a headfuck of a question, kind of epic
listen to cosmic psychos

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4952 on: June 05, 2021, 09:29:27 PM »
I thought of this question a few days ago and I can’t get it out of my head. Maybe sharing here will help me move on to more pleasant thoughts:

Based on what you know of lawsuits, court cases, court convictions, history, victim testimony, and what you glean from media reports in general, which of the following 2 groups is more *likely* to engage in child rape and child murder:

1 - Satanists
2 - Christians

based on what i know, those two groups are one and the same
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4953 on: June 06, 2021, 09:47:27 AM »

1 - Satanists
2 - Christians

Look into the history, from the indigenous perspective, of Christian residential schools for indigenous children and you will find a clear answer >:(
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

KRKD1

« Reply #4954 on: June 06, 2021, 10:10:23 AM »
Why is Logan Paul fighting Floyd Mayweather? Why is Floyd Mayweather fighting Logan Pual? Will I see a 45 year old man break the ribs of a insufferable cunt. Betting on it. Chance floyd separates this kids skull from.his spinal column, not entirely out of the realm of possibility. On the contrary, what if this kid wins. Even if fixed, what in the fuck will be the point of all this. Certainly Logan Paul just gonna cash out off a beat down but still i don't know what to think. Arsken taking an L cause he never got a bag made sense. This fight, even if it just a money grab I don't see either man's reputation coming unscathed regardless the fight goes. Fuckin never been more perplexed by something as silly as boxing. The shit rad don't get me.wrong but I never thought I'd be having an existential crisis over this. Shits wild.

mushroom slice

« Reply #4955 on: June 06, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »
The first flight of and airplane was in 1903.
66 years later in 1969 a man walked on the moon. Humans can do amazing things. We are obviously different then other animals.  Why is that? What is pulling us out of nature and molding us in it’s image?
Will we evolve into some sort of cyborgs? Will
Humans and machine eventually become the same thing?  The phone is going to crawl in our faces. I can see that coming for sure. Will it be  A parasitic relationship or a symbiotic one?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #4956 on: June 07, 2021, 05:37:07 AM »
“If the Olympics are happening, what is USA’s basketball team going to look like?”

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #4957 on: June 12, 2021, 09:17:16 PM »
Unpopular opinion, since I know fellow SLAPers that love it, but I genuinely don't understand the interest in watching UFC or any fighting. I feel like a fucking Neanderthal watching people beat the shit out of each other. Weird world we live in.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4958 on: June 13, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »
Yeah I don't like violence for sport.

I have a question for anyone who knows stuff about raccoons.

So my brother has been feeding raccoons for like 2 years. Most moved on but there's one that comes around still. I got cornered by it. It was not acting aggressive but it was definitely showing it's teeth a little and making funny noises while waiting for a snack.
I had to throw it food to get past it because I don't feed them and I understand raccoon behavior.
I have always been cautious around them.

I think it was saying feed me or I'll bite you. They think it was copying human behavior to get food.

What does slap think.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

mushroom slice

« Reply #4959 on: June 13, 2021, 04:43:03 PM »

So my brother has been feeding raccoons for like 2 years. Most moved on but there's one that comes around still. I got cornered by it. It was not acting aggressive but it was definitely showing it's teeth a little and making funny noises while waiting for a snack.
I had to throw it food to get past it because I don't feed them and I understand raccoon behavior.

I think it was saying feed me or I'll bite you. They think it was copying human behavior to get food.

What does slap think.
Sounds kinda like that raccoon is the new boss in town.
I once read that if primates hadn’t evolved into humans and became the earths dominate species it is  likely that raccoons or even bears would have made that leap. I always thought their little hands where neat.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4960 on: June 13, 2021, 07:11:38 PM »
They look like little hamburglars, that would have been crazy if they got the planet
listen to cosmic psychos

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4961 on: June 13, 2021, 07:27:15 PM »

What does slap think.

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4962 on: June 13, 2021, 09:04:38 PM »
Unpopular opinion, since I know fellow SLAPers that love it, but I genuinely don't understand the interest in watching UFC or any fighting. I feel like a fucking Neanderthal watching people beat the shit out of each other. Weird world we live in.
I'm also not really that into watching people punch each other in the face.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4963 on: June 13, 2021, 09:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote

What does slap think.
[close]

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend!

Where's my inhaler I'm frickin dying
(A)pl(E)

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #4964 on: June 13, 2021, 09:16:20 PM »

What does slap think.

racoons are highly intelligent, confident, and good at reading body language. You need to approach the situation logically, remembering that one of your legs is as thick with muscle as its whole body, kicking it gives you about a 3 foot range advantage, and the little beast has stubby arms and would have to attack you face first in order to do any damage. If it steps to you again remember that its no contest, go about your business and don't hesitate to take a swipe at it if it gets too close.

mushroom slice

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4967 on: June 14, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »
Could I be the guy on the road construction crew who holds the STOP/SLOW sign for a day? I've wanted to do that ever since I was a kid. I'm good career wise, just want to hold the sign and hang out for a few hours.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4968 on: June 14, 2021, 04:02:49 PM »
Could I be the guy on the road construction crew who holds the STOP/SLOW sign for a day? I've wanted to do that ever since I was a kid. I'm good career wise, just want to hold the sign and hang out for a few hours.

That seems like torture (fairly mild, but still somewhere on the torture spectrum): you’re standing in one spot all day so your legs are probably quite stiff, you do as close to nothing as humanly possible; but you can never fully space-out into la la land because you have to maintain some base level of vigilance.  I bet that makes 8 hours feel like 16.

I always feel that George Costanza impulse when he got that doorman a chair.

You’re also not really overcoming anything or figuring anything out or working towards achieving any goal.  Probably don’t have many interesting stories to tell when you get home.

You are probably lowest on the totem pole with whoever is around.  No one really respects you too much because they all have skills and trades and know how to actually do shit.  You’re just holding a sign, something Terri Schiavo could have probably pulled off.

You’d probably get death stares from a solid 20-30% of the drivers that pass you since you are a small cog in the machinery that conspired to hold up their day. 

I think I would also wonder what people were on their way to do.  Maybe they are in the middle of the adventure of a lifetime, meanwhile you’ve got 6 more hours of standing with a sign in front of you.

Sorry for the long post, but as you can see, I’ve put a great deal of thought into this subject for some reason.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4969 on: June 14, 2021, 04:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That seems like torture (fairly mild, but still somewhere on the torture spectrum): you’re standing in one spot all day so your legs are probably quite stiff, you do as close to nothing as humanly possible; but you can never fully space-out into la la land because you have to maintain some base level of vigilance.  I bet that makes 8 hours feel like 16.

You’re also not really overcoming anything or figuring anything out or working towards achieving any goal.  Probably don’t have many interesting stories to tell when you get home.

You are probably lowest on the totem pole with whoever is around.  No one really respects you too much because they all have skills and trades and know how to actually do shit.  You’re just holding a sign, something Terri Schiavo could have probably pulled off.

You’d probably get death stares from a solid 20-30% of the drivers that pass you since you are a small cog in the machinery that conspired to hold up their day. 

I think I would also wonder what people were on their way to do.  Maybe they are in the middle of the adventure of a lifetime, meanwhile you’ve got 6 more hours of standing with a sign in front of you.

Sorry for the long post, but as you can see, I’ve put a great deal of thought into this subject for some reason.

No man, it would be fun. I know it would be fun. I just want to hold the damn sign. I've already got my move; once I turn the sign to SLOW, I'll give the car a smirk and use my to point them in the right direction (behind me). If I get some enthusiastic stoppers, I'll give em a big windmill motion when I switch to SLOW They'll want to hire me back for making the stupid job more fun, but I'll just thank them and go on living my life doing other shit.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4970 on: June 14, 2021, 04:49:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No man, it would be fun. I know it would be fun. I just want to hold the damn sign. I've already got my move; once I turn the sign to SLOW, I'll give the car a smirk and use my to point them in the right direction (behind me). If I get some enthusiastic stoppers, I'll give em a big windmill motion when I switch to SLOW They'll want to hire me back for making the stupid job more fun, but I'll just thank them and go on living my life doing other shit.

I think you’ve got the attitude of a legendary stop/slow sign person.  Whereas I see drudgery and mental anguish, you see a blank canvas on which to create.  Never too late to follow those dreams.

Somewhat related, I always wanted to get a completely unnecessary, disposable part-time job as the fast food drive-thru intercom person just to come up with ways to fuck with people. 

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #4971 on: June 14, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »

Somewhat related, I always wanted to get a completely unnecessary, disposable part-time job as the fast food drive-thru intercom person just to come up with ways to fuck with people.
[/quote]

If drive thru calling is not your passion then stay out of the game. Here is my Wendy’s man with a feel good local news story:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=leEFs2p_iKs

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4972 on: June 15, 2021, 08:18:00 PM »
I just watched skinhead attitude. What a horrendous trip down memory lane.

I'm so glad Ian Stewart is fucking dead. I wish the rest of the fuckers would die soon.

I fucking hate Nazis
(A)pl(E)

mushroom slice

« Reply #4973 on: June 18, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »
Why are there no hieroglyphs in the great pyramid of Egypt? Hold on. I know there are some red numbers they found in 2011 using a robot to explore a secret chamber but other then that the thing is hieroglyph free. I find this to be very interesting, the rest of ancient Egyptian ruins are literally covered in them. Why is the great pyramid the exception? What the heck is that thing? How much crazy shit did we used to know that we have forgotten? Are we getting to that point in our civilization now, where we rely so much on technology that any cataclysmic event would erase us? Computers have become an amazing tool and with the internet we call all literally look into our hands and know anything. Has access to this much information made us better or worse? It seems as though everyone is an expert on everything because of the phones but at the same time we all actually don’t know anything. Our attention spans have disappeared as well. If the lights go out what will happen?

mushroom slice

« Reply #4974 on: June 22, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #4975 on: June 24, 2021, 12:48:19 PM »
is that mikey alfreds private doritos plane

animals are lesser gods. every squirrel every majestic bird

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4976 on: June 25, 2021, 07:03:10 AM »
another day above ground. thank the heavens for they will decide your fate

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4977 on: June 26, 2021, 01:28:36 AM »
Why are there no hieroglyphs in the great pyramid of Egypt? Hold on. I know there are some red numbers they found in 2011 using a robot to explore a secret chamber but other then that the thing is hieroglyph free. I find this to be very interesting, the rest of ancient Egyptian ruins are literally covered in them. Why is the great pyramid the exception? What the heck is that thing? How much crazy shit did we used to know that we have forgotten? Are we getting to that point in our civilization now, where we rely so much on technology that any cataclysmic event would erase us? Computers have become an amazing tool and with the internet we call all literally look into our hands and know anything. Has access to this much information made us better or worse? It seems as though everyone is an expert on everything because of the phones but at the same time we all actually don’t know anything. Our attention spans have disappeared as well. If the lights go out what will happen?

I think the hieroglyphs were busy writing tracks for Mike Carrol's video parts.  I have been to Cairo and the Pyraimids, Sphinx, Mummy Museaum, etc.  They are not that impressive in person. 

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4978 on: June 26, 2021, 06:29:45 AM »
they should bring gladiators back. not ufc or war or any sort of underground gambling. for the public i mean

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #4979 on: June 27, 2021, 12:28:53 PM »
I got too high to drive, so I pulled over to wait it out.

Started thinking about jaguars and how, in the absence of tigers or lions, they tend to be much larger and stronger than leopards (who they share many physical features of, at least superficially), and are the apex predator wherever they are, filling a similar niche as tigers. So I started googling the evolution of big cats.

And it's so goddamn interesting how tigers and snow leopards are more closely related than a leopard and a snow leopard. I could go on.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it