Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 580567 times)

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4980 on: June 27, 2021, 06:45:31 PM »
^i think sabertooth tigers are some of the finest works of creation that weve known about. would love a pet mountain cat

there are no valkyries or rainbow bridge. its another bone chilling death and reincarnation. lucky if you even remember your ass from your elbow

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4981 on: June 28, 2021, 10:31:19 AM »
Skaters need to stop sweat shaming each other. Swamp ass happens, especially on those hot summer days, at least if you're skating hard.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4982 on: June 28, 2021, 12:28:38 PM »
naboo is a prime real estate planet. beautiful nature everywhere waterfalls and exquisite villas. out of all the planets of the star wars galaxy i would have a home there. probably live on coruscant and try to vacation on naboo. then take over the gungans

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4983 on: July 01, 2021, 12:57:05 PM »
a jogger clops. the cat yowls. a slow summer

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4984 on: July 02, 2021, 09:30:08 AM »
Can insects get cancer?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4985 on: July 02, 2021, 10:06:57 PM »
Can insects get cancer?

Most insects probably don't live long enough to get it, or if they're born with it they can probably still live out their life span. But I wonder about cicadas and other insects which live a long time.

What about bugs that aren't insects like centipedes and spiders?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4986 on: July 02, 2021, 11:14:53 PM »
Has ICP addressed the "covid vaccine turning you into a magnet" issue yet?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4987 on: July 05, 2021, 12:22:53 PM »
Does anyone do half cab crooks flip out? That one might work, I mean not for me but it might look ok...also does anyone do half cab crooks to forwards? Not the full rotor way but frontside out of the crooks
I feel it might look nice like those 180 nosegrinds to forward look nice

Don’t think I seen those ones, maybe they look shit idk
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4988 on: July 05, 2021, 12:24:29 PM »
^i think sabertooth tigers are some of the finest works of creation that weve known about. would love a pet mountain cat

there are no valkyries or rainbow bridge. its another bone chilling death and reincarnation. lucky if you even remember your ass from your elbow

The only problem with that is there must be a shitload of npcs getting created every second and that makes me uncomfortable
listen to cosmic psychos

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4989 on: July 05, 2021, 05:10:45 PM »
Thinking about re-watching True Detective - Season 2

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #4990 on: July 05, 2021, 06:30:28 PM »
Does anyone do half cab crooks flip out? That one might work, I mean not for me but it might look ok...also does anyone do half cab crooks to forwards? Not the full rotor way but frontside out of the crooks

i've thought of a half cab crooks nollie flip out in my head many times before (a dream trick, out of my skill level obvs) until shane o neil casually did it in a line sometime these past 2 years ago. mindblown. and yeah it looks neat but that's classic shane oneill he makes anything neat.
and i recall Styn gillette pulling that half cab crooks forward (on a bench i believe) also in a line,  sometime in 2020 or 2019. looks just how you imagine, neat.

is there any empirical evidence or solid research behind the benefits of seminal retention (no fapping/ no nutting)? are there any actual proven advantages from not chocking da chicken or not spreading the dressing for long periods of time, or could it be just some internet fad challenge

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4991 on: July 05, 2021, 07:18:27 PM »
there are kings and queens. legends royalty etc. good and bad names. in reality hobos bums tramps etc all have different meanings and any misuse of terms are faux pas not to be taken lightly. learn about the origin of freight train graffiti/monikers/codes. the american hobo of the great depression era. their ways of life and messages of imagery. chugging along the great plains in an open boxcar meeting shady characters and kind souls. traveling across the country town from town looking for work collecting miles. ducking sheriffs and dodging warrants. exchanging stories of abroad by the fire of the camp which cooks tin. making it in time for the annual meet. making it back home or is home to simply keep moving

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4992 on: July 12, 2021, 09:30:04 PM »
I focused my board last month in a dark, drunk, totally unrelated to skateboarding emotional moment.

Anyway, it felt amazing, and people should include halfway dead BBS on Indies, HCL on thunders, 7.5 on venture los setups in those yuppie break stuff places. Y'know where you pay to Office Space a printer?

It'd be an absolute waste, but man....
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #4993 on: July 13, 2021, 04:26:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i've thought of a half cab crooks nollie flip out in my head many times before (a dream trick, out of my skill level obvs) until shane o neil casually did it in a line sometime these past 2 years ago. mindblown. and yeah it looks neat but that's classic shane oneill he makes anything neat.
and i recall Styn gillette pulling that half cab crooks forward (on a bench i believe) also in a line,  sometime in 2020 or 2019. looks just how you imagine, neat.

is there any empirical evidence or solid research behind the benefits of seminal retention (no fapping/ no nutting)? are there any actual proven advantages from not chocking da chicken or not spreading the dressing for long periods of time, or could it be just some internet fad challenge

the half cab crooks back to fakie is pretty common I think ? Here is one at 1:55 :

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:42:09 AM by Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein »

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4994 on: July 14, 2021, 12:05:17 PM »
really happy the pirates of the caribbean franchise is no longer a thing with the dundundunnadundun music and dudes dressing like jack sparrow for 10 halloweens in a row. those movies were dog shit

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #4995 on: July 14, 2021, 05:12:26 PM »
i mailed a nice lil' postcard from alaska to arizona early this month along a note i glued to said postcard and 2 staples just to double make sure it doesn't fall off. a coworker, who is no expert, told me yesterday it will not get sent bc postcards are ran thru some kind of sorting machine/ scanner by the USPS and the 2 staples i put will be a problem.
Is this true? Will my postcard arrive to its destination? why is the USPS such a pain in the ass with all their fucking rules and restrictions?

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #4996 on: July 14, 2021, 05:31:20 PM »
no matter the issue, usps has a form for it. love paperwork. top heavy organization my entire time there..'why should we help the carrier out with the crazy workload when we can just spend our time in the air conditioning calculating how they can work faster?'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/06/24/nightmare-scenario-book-excerpt/

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #4997 on: July 14, 2021, 05:53:28 PM »
no matter the issue, usps has a form for it. love paperwork. top heavy organization my entire time there..'why should we help the carrier out with the crazy workload when we can just spend our time in the air conditioning calculating how they can work faster?'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/06/24/nightmare-scenario-book-excerpt/
srry im too slow with my english and brainfart a lot does this mean you think my postcard is good or im screwed

dofrenzy

« Reply #4998 on: July 14, 2021, 06:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
srry im too slow with my english and brainfart a lot does this mean you think my postcard is good or im screwed

You’re screwed!  Postcards are their own thing and cost less postage than a letter.  You tried to send a postcard WITH a letter attached to it.

The smart thing to do is send a letter without a stamp but put the destination as the return address.  Remember those stupid rules you mentioned? 

I was just pondering how when I’m on my deathbed one of my fondest memories will be years bonding with my teenage daughter over Family Guy.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #4999 on: July 14, 2021, 07:23:03 PM »
lol aw man ok then : (
i wasn't specific or if it'll matter, but it was more like a piece of paper i wrote on and laminated (don't ask why), glued it to the postcard and then stapled it twice.

hopefully someday i have children and hopefully we'll bond with whatever stupid show we both dig

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #5000 on: July 17, 2021, 07:59:10 PM »
just thinking about the phrase to "to tear someone a new one" - not exactly what's in the quotations, but you know what I mean, the idea of tearing someone a new arsehole. it's quite mainstream lingo, but what a savage, gruesome and grotesque concept... that's all.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5001 on: July 17, 2021, 09:55:58 PM »
just thinking about the phrase to "to tear someone a new one" - not exactly what's in the quotations, but you know what I mean, the idea of tearing someone a new arsehole. it's quite mainstream lingo, but what a savage, gruesome and grotesque concept... that's all.

Makes it sound hella easy, too. Like, I’m just going to rip a hole and it’s going to be your new butthole. It’s gotta be more complicated than that. You’d have to re-wire the whole butt tube to make the new hole a butthole, otherwise, it’s just a hole.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #5002 on: July 17, 2021, 10:11:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Makes it sound hella easy, too. Like, I’m just going to rip a hole and it’s going to be your new butthole. It’s gotta be more complicated than that. You’d have to re-wire the whole butt tube to make the new hole a butthole, otherwise, it’s just a hole.

Re-wiring butt tubes. I like where your brain went.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5003 on: July 17, 2021, 10:25:29 PM »
So really, they are threatening a very time-consuming, complicated and tedious medical procedure.  A far more nuanced comment than one might first suspect.  I guess “I’ll perform a ventricular transmyocardial revascularization on you” just doesn’t roll off the tongue as easily.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5004 on: July 19, 2021, 09:17:08 AM »
a10 warthog

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5005 on: July 20, 2021, 05:45:44 PM »
I've heard you need a Jewish mom to be considered Jewish by certain Jewish people. I've also heard a woman say that because her dad was Jewish, and her mom not, a lot of people didn't consider her Jewish. But would this woman's kids be considered Jewish since their mom is half-Jewish?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5006 on: July 20, 2021, 06:15:05 PM »
I've heard you need a Jewish mom to be considered Jewish by certain Jewish people. I've also heard a woman say that because her dad was Jewish, and her mom not, a lot of people didn't consider her Jewish. But would this woman's kids be considered Jewish since their mom is half-Jewish?

How could she contribute any theoretical Jewishness if by those rules, she herself is not Jewish?

I was pondering that whenever you hear about when a murderer poses as their victim and texts their friends/family some vague message about running off to Costa Rica to “figure some things out” to help cover their tracks, why do they always fuck it up so bad?

It never uses the same vocabulary and patterns as the victim, there’s always spelling and grammatical mistakes and the story almost never makes any sense whatsoever. 

I can understand fucking up a 911 call or news interview since they only have one shot at it and they have to do some serious calculations and acting, and it’s not like they can just call time out to go diagram some shit out real quick.

But with texts, you’ve got some time to research the victim’s past texts, run a quick spellcheck if necessary, come up with a better story than meeting a dude at a gas station and deciding to run off with them.  That text message is so fucking important and is going to be scrutinized by whole teams of law enforcement.  They’re going to into tear into every letter of that thing and turn it inside out so that mf better be good.  Get your fucking shit together, murderers.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #5007 on: July 20, 2021, 11:01:13 PM »
Do I dislike all people who say "if you know me, then you know I hate/love/etc. something"?

If I knew you, I wouldn't need the provided context to understand what you are going to say next. It's one of those phrases that allows people to share boring information and pretend that they're just sooooo quirky.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5008 on: July 21, 2021, 01:14:09 AM »
I’m not religious but it should be enough to just self identify as Jewish
listen to cosmic psychos

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #5009 on: July 21, 2021, 05:47:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Re-wiring butt tubes. I like where your brain went.

Nah deg, assholes rip like tissue paper, and one anal fissure is all you really need to develop a big ol’ anal fistula.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.