Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 577035 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5370 on: December 13, 2021, 07:36:02 AM »
How does temperature influce taste? Almost no one likes cold coffee or or a warm beer, althewhile independent of its temperature it's still the same beverage.
Chemicals?
Maybe it's half mental and half less the flavour but the consistency changes. I drink ice coffee everyday but if I made a hot coffee and it went cold and I took a sip expecting it to be hot it would fuck with me.
When I drink a beer or a coke that's not fully cold it feels kind of thicker consistency but the actual taste is maybe the same just less enjoyable. Having euro parents they drink hot/warm beer drinks but not like that English people drink warm beers thing. Some beers are actually meant to be warm.
Is cheese the same thing? The thought of eating cold cheese makes me feel sick but melted cheese I'll put on anything. Then even if it's cold again it's good as long as at some point it got melted.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5371 on: December 13, 2021, 08:51:49 PM »
Satori soy bushings make it happen yo
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #5372 on: December 14, 2021, 05:03:12 PM »
the end is nigh

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5373 on: December 15, 2021, 04:27:18 AM »
Josh harmony types don't believe in dinosaurs etc (I assume because they aren't in the Bible and are over 5000 years old) but what do they think about things like aboriginal cultures from Australia that are something like 80,000 years old? Do they also just think they don't exist? Also must suck for his kids. Dinosaur toys were the best.

jaysouthbay

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5374 on: December 15, 2021, 07:33:45 AM »
why do i keep taking these long breaks from skating i gotta get off my ass and not be lazy swag fuccc ye my g

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5375 on: December 15, 2021, 05:36:15 PM »
Im thinking of going back to school to finish my degree and become a teacher after I get married. My fiance got a big new promotion and it got me thinking that I need to step it up. She is making way more money than I am and I feel like I dont contribute enough in our relationship at least financially.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1219
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5376 on: December 15, 2021, 06:14:42 PM »
My friend has a bunch of lady chickens. One of them turned out to be a boy. These things happen, and it's no reason to get flustered, but he started sexually harassing one of the hens. Trying to mount her and such. We were wondering if it's possible to castrate a chicken.

Did some research, and learned this:

"Caponizing chickens is, in short, the surgical operation necessary for removing the testicles and neutering the chickens. Yes, you have to surgically remove the testicles. When this is done the bird can grow longer, gets larger, and can also be used as a broody as their hormones are now that of a hen's."

What a world.

Just chop its head off.  Takes two seconds.  I love all of God’s creatures and all that, but I’m not scheduling for an elective surgery for a chicken.  Tough break for him.

For bonus points you can hold up its severed head and stare deep into his little chicken eyes like a psychopath.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5377 on: December 15, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »
I complain too much
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 07:12:43 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5378 on: December 15, 2021, 07:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friend has a bunch of lady chickens. One of them turned out to be a boy. These things happen, and it's no reason to get flustered, but he started sexually harassing one of the hens. Trying to mount her and such. We were wondering if it's possible to castrate a chicken.

Did some research, and learned this:

"Caponizing chickens is, in short, the surgical operation necessary for removing the testicles and neutering the chickens. Yes, you have to surgically remove the testicles. When this is done the bird can grow longer, gets larger, and can also be used as a broody as their hormones are now that of a hen's."

What a world.
[close]

Just chop its head off.  Takes two seconds.  I love all of God’s creatures and all that, but I’m not scheduling for an elective surgery for a chicken.  Tough break for him.

For bonus points you can hold up its severed head and stare deep into his little chicken eyes like a psychopath.
[close]

Couldn’t we just get the little guy a rubber chicken?

you can just seperate it from the others you'll probably find even if they are all female some will bully the others it's just how they are. or even do nothing. They are chickens not people they don't think or feel in anyway like a human does

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #5379 on: December 15, 2021, 10:42:46 PM »
This girl I used to date 15 years ago came over last night. She's in town for the holidays and we've been texting a little lately, but just very casually. We both admitted we'd been thinking about having a kid together. It was maybe the most intense and surreal conversation I've ever had. I'm still kind of in shock, like am I really considering having a kid with a relative stranger?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5380 on: December 16, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »
I heard that raccoons have an actual bone in their weiners. I wondered if men used to have a bone in their weiners also.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1219
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5381 on: December 16, 2021, 12:54:46 PM »
What is the Vatican’s official stance on the heretical claims made in Belinda Carlisle’s 1987 hit “Heaven is a Place on Earth”?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Brguy

« Reply #5382 on: December 18, 2021, 09:29:17 AM »
Back pain is probably gonna be my biggest challenge in skating because I sure don't feel like continuing if this doesn't get better. Hoping the young age will heal it better and give me another decade or so.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #5383 on: December 18, 2021, 11:12:37 AM »
What is the Vatican’s official stance on the heretical claims made in Belinda Carlisle’s 1987 hit “Heaven is a Place on Earth”?

“That’s my God damn jam.” - Pope John Paul II (Nov. 1987)

sexhaver2006

• Rep: -13
« Reply #5384 on: December 18, 2021, 11:18:46 AM »
I heard that raccoons have an actual bone in their weiners. I wondered if men used to have a bone in their weiners also.

most mammals do including our great ape relatives

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #5385 on: December 18, 2021, 01:02:58 PM »
I wonder if future generations will work it out and create a better way of life/system that dosent involve working 5 days a week just for two days off to yourself....surely we werent put on earth to slave away 5 days a week 8 hours a day just to come home tired and do it all over again waiting for the weekend to fly by

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

dofrenzy

« Reply #5386 on: December 20, 2021, 07:54:36 AM »
I wonder if future generations will work it out and create a better way of life/system that dosent involve working 5 days a week just for two days off to yourself....surely we werent put on earth to slave away 5 days a week 8 hours a day just to come home tired and do it all over again waiting for the weekend to fly by

I wonder the same!

I just remembered how scientists wanted a lot of spider silk, but it would take forever to get from spiders, so they combined spider DNA with goats.  They could then milk the goats and extract a shit-ton of silk from the milk.  Cool world Bro!

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #5387 on: December 21, 2021, 10:51:08 PM »
Been thinking I would like an industry job ... nothing special or cushy just like any other job I could get but involved with skateboarding

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #5388 on: December 22, 2021, 05:13:38 AM »
Been thinking I would like an industry job ... nothing special or cushy just like any other job I could get but involved with skateboarding

There was a good quote on slap that went something like "working in skateboarding sounds cool untill you realize it sucks like any other job and you get payed in t-shirts"

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5389 on: December 26, 2021, 01:27:39 PM »
Was Jesus just the unplanned outcome of hot wifing gone wrong?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5390 on: December 27, 2021, 02:13:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There was a good quote on slap that went something like "working in skateboarding sounds cool untill you realize it sucks like any other job and you get payed in t-shirts"

my favorite job in skateboarding was printing bloards, but i'll probably get cancer early from all the plastic vapors i inhaled back then. i would have the gnarliest cough after every shift. we had filtermasks but the filters were all old and shit.

yeah, don't print/heat transfer bloards. it's a fun thing to do when you have mild autism and don't mind killing yourself slowly.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5391 on: December 27, 2021, 02:52:31 AM »
Does Ellis have the same brain parasite thing that mike v has. A lot of delusions of grandeur, borderline autistic inability to read a room/yes and, name drop stories that seem false and or throwing named person under the bus.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #5392 on: December 27, 2021, 10:20:50 AM »
If you poop your pants in your own house, does it still count?
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

BieberStance

• Rep: -16
« Reply #5393 on: December 27, 2021, 03:00:06 PM »

happened to me exactly twice, that i barely made it home but didn´t manage the last few meters to the bathroom.
so in my opinion it counts

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #5394 on: December 27, 2021, 03:58:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

happened to me exactly twice, that i barely made it home but didn´t manage the last few meters to the bathroom.
so in my opinion it counts

Nothing worse than being caught short. I think I've been three times in my life. Thank fuck there is no taco bell/ oe 40's in France...bad combo

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5395 on: December 28, 2021, 01:17:10 AM »
Since Jimmy Wilkins is on Thunder and seems to be on Spitifre, will he end up on a Deluxe deck brand?

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #5396 on: December 28, 2021, 08:05:39 AM »
In the dead of night completely unconscious you steal your lover's covers. You wake up confronted by a salty sweetheart. Do they even have the right to be upset with you? After all, you have no recollection of your wrongdoings.  :-\
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5397 on: December 28, 2021, 10:58:54 AM »
A day should be 12 hours and an hour 120 minutes and a minute 120 seconds.
I don't even know if the math works out it's 6am and I haven't slept for a couple days and this is what I'm pondering right now keeping me up.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5398 on: December 29, 2021, 09:39:06 PM »
Has anyone ever seen Tony hawk with facial hair? His little kid 70s church haircut is really fucking up his image. You can see where his part is starts way on-top of his head.
He could dress as Larry David again but shave the top of his head for real. Then shave the sides and after a while be like"oh I actually just like it like this" and save some face.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5399 on: January 02, 2022, 08:03:50 AM »
We need to clone the Wisdom kids save street skating.
(A)pl(E)