Author Topic: Why do people hate on the berrics so hard?  (Read 26968 times)

marginal way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Why do people hate on the berrics so hard?
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2011, 02:39:47 AM »
^^^Start googling reviews on jigsaws and see which rates highest. Definitely go corded if you don't need to be away from an outlet. I like a cordless impact driver and cordless recip, but that's about it. The batteries don't have a super long shelf life and cost more than the tools themselves which sucks when they go out. That said the Makita LTX series of cordless tools are pretty badass.

As a rule Makita, Dewalt, Bosch, Milwaukee are all pretty good. I have a couple Rigid tools too that got super good ratings and were priced right. Also Rigid has the best warrantee by far, you just have to make sure and register your too when you buy it.
really? i've only used their battery powered stuff, and i haven't been impressed. got em used.... didn't know about the warranty.

and why do people keep talking about some indoor private skatepark in our tool discussion thread?
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2011, 03:54:59 AM »
Expand Quote
the berrics > ANY messageboard

point blank period. ?
[close]

Yet here you are. !

wordemup pal...    8)   

thanks for your hospitality...     :)

i enjoy skateboard text, just not as much as skateboard footage... 

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2011, 04:14:15 AM »
some of yall niggas dumb as hell. i was on the berrics when it FIRST started, back when they had like 4-5 clips on there. basically i look at it as just another place to watch skate footage. theres no reason to HATE on the berrics. niggas will say "they target lil kids, yadda yadda, berras a kook, yadda yadda." honestly, who the fuck cares? its fucking skateboarding man, watch that shit if you feel like it. how lame do you look saying "i dont like steve berra so FUCK THE BERRICS" like forreal none of that shit matters. just watch the footage if you want & if you dont then sit the fuck down & watch something else. yall muhfuckas get butthurt over the stupidest shit. its a fucking website. if a website bothers you or your skating that much, then you have a personal problem.

and no im some everyday berrics fan. i check the site out when im bored or wanna see a dope battle commander or something. theres a difference between simply not liking something & HATING on it. if you HATE on the berrics your a fucking lame. not because you dislike the berrics, but because your just being a hater.

they put out good footage, have other shit to pass time, & now are building public skateparks. i say, the berrics arent so bad.

/rant

i dont like steve berra so FUCK THE BERRICS-

clamy

« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2011, 05:39:03 AM »
I'd just rather watch a real skate video rather then goin' on the fuckin' berrics and watchin' some dipshit have a "battlecommander".

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2011, 06:38:59 AM »
Why just the other day my roomate clicked on the berrics and the video was about some filmer telling Berra about some new idea for a Berrics segment and they bleeped it out because it's too awesome to tell the eager Berric's watcher upfront.  Instead they just said who'd they get for this new segment.  Shit's tight, got me hyped dood.  What's not to like!!!1????/

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »
Expand Quote
^^^Start googling reviews on jigsaws and see which rates highest. Definitely go corded if you don't need to be away from an outlet. I like a cordless impact driver and cordless recip, but that's about it. The batteries don't have a super long shelf life and cost more than the tools themselves which sucks when they go out. That said the Makita LTX series of cordless tools are pretty badass.

As a rule Makita, Dewalt, Bosch, Milwaukee are all pretty good. I have a couple Rigid tools too that got super good ratings and were priced right. Also Rigid has the best warrantee by far, you just have to make sure and register your too when you buy it.
[close]
really? i've only used their battery powered stuff, and i haven't been impressed. got em used.... didn't know about the warranty.

and why do people keep talking about some indoor private skatepark in our tool discussion thread?
What do you prefer, a mag float or wood float?

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »
really, you need at least three finish tools, wood, mag and steel.

1.- wood (doesn't have to be a nice storebought one, it can be pretty much anything.)  to get your rough shape. i know some dudes who are all about making custom fiberglass floats for specific stuff, too.

2.- a magnesium float to help compress the aggregate, and bring up the cream. this is crucial.

3.- a steel trowel (not the shitty square one, but a rounded pool trowel. they cost more, but it's worth it to not have the corners of your trowel fucking you up while you're trying to finish.) to "burn" the concrete.

but if you're super broke, and can only afford one trowel, i'd say get a mag. at least then you'll be bringing up some cream.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
this thread is not a good idea...trust me. ;)
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2011, 06:11:59 PM »

1.- wood (doesn't have to be a nice storebought one, it can be pretty much anything.)  to get your rough shape. i know some dudes who are all about making custom fiberglass floats for specific stuff, too.

2.- a magnesium float to help compress the aggregate, and bring up the cream. this is crucial.

3.- a steel trowel (not the shitty square one, but a rounded pool trowel. they cost more, but it's worth it to not have the corners of your trowel fucking you up while you're trying to finish.) to "burn" the concrete.

but if you're super broke, and can only afford one trowel, i'd say get a mag. at least then you'll be bringing up some cream.

Yeah, got all that down. I have seen people using wood floats instead of mag floats. Was wondering if there really is any difference.

Doobination

• Rep: -2
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »
Yeah i dont really see what there is to hate on. They skate. I skate. Thats all that matters to me. I mean they put out free content so yeah i have nothing against them

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 743
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
I try to rep the hometown when I'm buying powertools. Solid porducts. Although I do fully back my Dewalt drill.

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2011, 11:53:56 PM »
The rub brick may be the greatest gift to skateboarding. Once I started using one it became an essential item to have. With enough elbow grease you can make the roughest ledge like new - you just have to be diligent!

Borthas

• Rep: -538
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2011, 12:54:11 AM »
did berra and koston hire a bunch of people to post posts' about hardware tools?

wouldn't be surprised.

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2011, 02:19:22 AM »
The rub brick may be the greatest gift to skateboarding. Once I started using one it became an essential item to have. With enough elbow grease you can make the roughest ledge like new - you just have to be diligent!
ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS MAN?  you should be, because he's dropping truth. and once you've rub bricked it to perfection, use lacquer instead of wax.

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2011, 02:22:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, got all that down. I have seen people using wood floats instead of mag floats. Was wondering if there really is any difference.
the main difference is that the mag(nesium) float/trowel reacts chemically with the concrete as its curing, helping bring up more cream. both work fine for shaping and compressing.

Borthas

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
message from berra: Hurry guys quick, their is a post on slap forums about the berrics i need some of you with slap accounts to go on their and misdirect the thread.

berra's online goons: 10-4 rogger roger berra we will go on their and talk about hardware tools!

message from berra: good idea, no one will suspect a thing!

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
berras job > the tool loving peanut gallery

and his backside 180 flips are better than yours too...   

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2011, 07:13:13 PM »
New posters are getting dumber and dumber.....

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »

and his backside 180 flips are better than yours too...   

I wish I could agree with you, but I don't remember the last time i saw him do one.

« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »
All this knowledge Marginal is spitting out makes me wanna lay some crete

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »
All this knowledge Marginal is spitting out makes me wanna lay some crete
damn. it was supposed to misdirect the hate and make you like the berrics.

but i guess if you wanna go get all dirty playing with concrete, that's your business.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »
message from berra: Hurry guys quick, their is a post on slap forums about the berrics i need some of you with slap accounts to go on their and misdirect the thread.

berra's online goons: 10-4 rogger roger berra we will go on their and talk about hardware tools!

i dont think you belong here

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2011, 02:25:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nah, he get's it, bro.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

sheboyganheadben

• Rep: -21
  • shotgun to the dick
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
i love the concept of the site but the fact that berra doesn't realize just how obsolete he is in hollywood and skateboarding yet he still continues to cling onto both makes me never want to visit or support the site. ever. He can tone down sucking his own dick and maybe i'd be hyped on it.

"One time I was on mushrooms and I was skating vert and it was kill. Everything turned into sequences. Kickflips would be like: click, click, click...It was Kill"-Darren Navarette

Borthas

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

who's to say anyone belongs anywhere?

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »
well i just did so i guess me.

Borthas

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2011, 02:52:16 PM »
well i just did so i guess me.

who are you? are you anyone important? probably not if your spending your free time reading my shitty threads and caring about about what i post.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »
Who am I?

I'm Spiderman

Borthas

« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »
Who am I?

I'm Spiderman

lol yup , exactly my point. eat another cheeseburger fat boy.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »
shit dude, i actually had a cheeseburger for dinner like 10 minutes ago