Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 387628 times)

Mark Renton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2370 on: December 22, 2021, 09:30:57 AM »
I recommend this one.

Not my personal favorite of his but it's still very, very good.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #2371 on: January 03, 2022, 06:26:19 PM »
finished the queen's gambit today. I didn't love it but the plot was interesting enough to keep me watching. Chess just doesn't seem cool to me no matter how 'badass' or intelligent they try to make it look lol

made me wanna go to Russia though

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2372 on: January 05, 2022, 11:33:10 AM »
"i do not entertain hypotheticals, the world as it is, is vexing enough"

one of my favorite scenes, from one of my favorite movies, on Netflix these days

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #2373 on: January 23, 2022, 10:41:24 AM »
Binged through all 7 eps of Ozark se4 pt 1 yesterday.  Pretty goddamn boring up until the finale.  Marty and Wendy aren’t nearly as smart and ruthless as previous seasons, Jonah’s a dumb annoying little wiener who gets way too much screentime, Javi is the most generic one-dimensional cartel villain possible, Omar’s checked out, and Darlene doesn’t bring that much to the table either.  Though, Ruth remains a standout character and I’m definitely interested to see what she does in pt 2.  Just felt like they’re stretching this out longer than it has to be.  Hopefully I’m wrong and they bring the heat in the remaining episodes.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2374 on: January 24, 2022, 11:41:18 PM »
I've been pretty over Netflix for a while but due to boredom and nothing good to watch elsewhere I watched "stay close". Overall it's pretty ok UK crime/police thriller thing. I watch tons of shows like this so it's a little samey but mostly pretty solid. however theres one element of the show that very nearly completely ruins it. I can only assume someone paying for it saw this type of thing in another show and insisted they added it in.

ssNB462

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2375 on: January 25, 2022, 08:37:34 AM »
Binged through all 7 eps of Ozark se4 pt 1 yesterday.  Pretty goddamn boring up until the finale.  Marty and Wendy aren’t nearly as smart and ruthless as previous seasons, Jonah’s a dumb annoying little wiener who gets way too much screentime, Javi is the most generic one-dimensional cartel villain possible, Omar’s checked out, and Darlene doesn’t bring that much to the table either.  Though, Ruth remains a standout character and I’m definitely interested to see what she does in pt 2.  Just felt like they’re stretching this out longer than it has to be.  Hopefully I’m wrong and they bring the heat in the remaining episodes.
Eh I understand the points and in ways I do agree but I think ima have to respectfully disagree. I will say the last season so far isn't blowing my mind like Breaking Bad did.. It even seems like some of the direction is similar. First scene is a flash forward and Ruth is losing it like Jesse did after the last episode. I mostly would agree with the character points.. I feel like the show really isn't stretched out. Any longer perhaps, but 44 episodes or whatever is solid. I'm hoping it ends well and I think it should be decent.

Although I love Ozark overall it definitely isn't a Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul in terms of writing, continuity, and cinematography. Even the soundtrack is kinda odd. Not the original score which I like but like the Pop songs at the end and 21 Savage lol.
Boardfeel is a myth
Come back Adio, we miss you

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2376 on: January 25, 2022, 09:36:48 AM »

hated Javi, worst cartel vibes.  Also adding the FBI agent, she didn't add much to the story season and the interactions with her and wendy are cringe.   Agreed! Jonah sucks, and it seems like he has the hots for ruth.   Wish the daughter had more scree time, shes actually is decent.  Darlene isn't as antagonistic this season which kind of sucked. 

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #2377 on: January 25, 2022, 12:25:54 PM »
Agree this season not as powerful as previous ones nevertheless happy to be back in the Ozark universe. Binge watching just a way of life now. Sucks to have to wait awhile again. Loved the scene when they used two delivery trucks to make the deal right by the race track. Wendy annoying not as bad as Skylar from BB. Ruth the star of the show 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2378 on: January 26, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
Anybody watched the UK miniseries "collateral"? I can't quite put my finger on what but something about the audio is weird. Like everything feels like ADR slightly sped up.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2379 on: January 26, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »
probably late to the party on this but we've been watching Alone where they drop people off in tough terrain and the last person standing wins 500k. it's kept our interest for 4-5 seasons now. good show.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #2380 on: January 26, 2022, 09:00:54 AM »
I liked Station Eleven (HBO) and Yellowjackets (Showtime)
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

svenfuck cowboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2381 on: January 26, 2022, 09:46:26 AM »
streaming services r shit, every show u wanna watch on netflix, hulu, amazon, etc. can be found online for free within seconds.

shitter shame that almost every show is funded by streaming moguls but it's almost no different than broadcasting companies which are equally bad.

i digress, steal shit. these companies don't need more money.

new season of curb is pretty good (make sure u have an adblocker lmao)

https://123movies4u.is/episode/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-11-episode-1/

Yu Dum

« Reply #2382 on: January 26, 2022, 02:10:09 PM »
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but my partner convinced me to check out HBO's Euphoria and I actually like it. The story is interesting enough, characters with interesting backgrounds, and the cinematography is pretty nice. Gonna see what the rest of season 1 is about soon.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #2383 on: January 26, 2022, 02:53:10 PM »
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but my partner convinced me to check out HBO's Euphoria and I actually like it. The story is interesting enough, characters with interesting backgrounds, and the cinematography is pretty nice. Gonna see what the rest of season 1 is about soon.
I watched season 1, it definitely tries to jam every single hardship and ounce of drama that a highschool student could encounter in to one show so it'll generate some eye rolls at times. 

Get hungry on it!

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #2384 on: January 26, 2022, 02:57:47 PM »
I’ve been too exhausted to commit to anything other than the last O.G. and Nora from queens. Both are great btw.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2385 on: January 27, 2022, 02:42:36 PM »
I was skeptical at first too, but now I really like it. You don't often get to see storytelling where every character is super complex. You know, like real life.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #2386 on: January 27, 2022, 03:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was skeptical at first too, but now I really like it. You don't often get to see storytelling where every character is super complex. You know, like real life.

Not to mention all the dicks! Season 2 is pretty compelling so far (with or without dicks).

Started Yellowjackets. On episode 3, but so far it's basically super intense 'Lost' if it were on a premium cable channel and I'm not mad about it.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2387 on: January 27, 2022, 05:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Not to mention all the dicks! Season 2 is pretty compelling so far (with or without dicks).
Ha, yeah started season two last night and it’s off to a strong start.  Def lots of ding dongs. it’s so funny how far things have come even since Game of Thrones for instance.  That used to be risqué, now it’s tame by comparison.

Get hungry on it!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #2388 on: January 27, 2022, 05:16:41 PM »
New season of Ozark jumped the shark.  All every character does now is whine the entire episode.  Looks like they tried to save it with some cheap shock value in episode seven, but too little too late.  It’s miserable and I just want it to end
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2389 on: January 27, 2022, 07:25:42 PM »
Speaking of lots of dicks, The Righteous Gemstones is amazing (and there's lots of dicks.)

Yu Dum

« Reply #2390 on: January 28, 2022, 07:20:59 AM »
Finished season one of The Wire for the first time last night, and holy shit is it amazing. It's giving me the same feeling as watching The Sopranos the first time.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #2391 on: January 28, 2022, 08:24:48 AM »
Finished season one of The Wire for the first time last night, and holy shit is it amazing. It's giving me the same feeling as watching The Sopranos the first time.
My man.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2392 on: January 28, 2022, 08:51:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My man.
Damn, I wish I could go back and watch the wire for the first time again.

Get hungry on it!

Yu Dum

« Reply #2393 on: January 28, 2022, 09:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My man.
Just saw the scene from your sig the other night and fucking cracked up. Probably way harder than I should have, but fuck it.lmao Still can't believe what happened to Wallace, though. That shit made me feel the same way as Dee.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #2394 on: January 28, 2022, 09:16:28 AM »

Still haven’t watched past season 1… trying to finish Ozark and the mandolorian, but the wire is on deck..

An HBOmax subscription is worth it on sopranos, curb your enthusiasm, true detective, and the wire alone ha

Sopranos will always be my comfort watch. When all else fails, put on seasons 1-3 any episode..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2395 on: January 28, 2022, 09:55:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Still haven’t watched past season 1… trying to finish Ozark and the mandolorian, but the wire is on deck..

An HBOmax subscription is worth it on sopranos, curb your enthusiasm, true detective, and the wire alone ha

Sopranos will always be my comfort watch. When all else fails, put on seasons 1-3 any episode..
Speaking of HBOmax have you watched Search Party?  I love that show.

Get hungry on it!

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #2396 on: January 28, 2022, 11:05:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Speaking of HBOmax have you watched Search Party?  I love that show.

That show really escalated. It's amazing.

If anyone's watching and not fully committed, please hang in there.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2397 on: January 29, 2022, 08:39:23 AM »
Humans. It's English show about sentient robots in society. it's one of those shows like the bridge where it was originally Swedish but a bunch of countries made their own versions. I'd already watched the Swedish one so I didn't bother with the others when it first came out but it's been a couple years now and I think it's a bit different so it's mostly new to me. Pretty fun/interesting enough. not a billion episodes to get thru

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2398 on: January 30, 2022, 07:20:21 AM »
Mr inbetween. Its so fucking good. Obvious bias as I'm from West Sydney and it's set in West Sydney/Sydney and it's the first show I've seen in ages that really feels like Australia.
I'm usually very anti binge watching but ive seen it before and season 1 is only about 2 and a half maybe 3 hours.
No idea how (or if at all)it's been advertised or is available outside of Aus but of you're bored  give it a go.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #2399 on: January 30, 2022, 02:34:24 PM »
Mr inbetween. Its so fucking good. Obvious bias as I'm from West Sydney and it's set in West Sydney/Sydney and it's the first show I've seen in ages that really feels like Australia.
I'm usually very anti binge watching but ive seen it before and season 1 is only about 2 and a half maybe 3 hours.
No idea how (or if at all)it's been advertised or is available outside of Aus but of you're bored  give it a go.

Yeah that was a good show.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?