Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2212660 times)

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #11430 on: November 08, 2022, 12:58:23 PM »
FA stuff I ordered on the 1st still hasn’t shipped. I get having tons of orders, but this is kinda ridiculous. Might give it another day then try to cancel it.
This shit drives me nuts, FA is one of the biggest brands out, they just had a 75% off sale, you don’t think there is many orders that need to be received and shipped out? Damn dude, they ain’t Amazon, just chill and it will show up

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #11431 on: November 08, 2022, 01:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
FA stuff I ordered on the 1st still hasn’t shipped. I get having tons of orders, but this is kinda ridiculous. Might give it another day then try to cancel it.
[close]
This shit drives me nuts, FA is one of the biggest brands out, they just had a 75% off sale, you don’t think there is many orders that need to be received and shipped out? Damn dude, they ain’t Amazon, just chill and it will show up
I get that, but I ordered the first day the sale went up. So I’m wondering how backed up they are. It’s more that I hate having open orders up and having to check on them. Just wish they’d give timeframes. I had no idea their operation was so small.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #11432 on: November 08, 2022, 01:08:34 PM »
Haven't gotten a shipping confirmation from my FA order either. I know some West coasters have gotten theirs and I waited a day so I'm assuming there's a long line.

veritas

« Reply #11433 on: November 08, 2022, 01:20:47 PM »
Haven't gotten a shipping confirmation from my FA order either. I know some West coasters have gotten theirs and I waited a day so I'm assuming there's a long line.

Just got a confirmation today from my order made on November 1st

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 886
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #11434 on: November 08, 2022, 01:21:04 PM »
I haven’t gotten a shipping notification so I’m gonna report them to the BBB and mail dog shit to FA Worldwide HQ in retaliation this injustice shall not stand

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11435 on: November 08, 2022, 01:26:43 PM »
it'd be sweet if you emailed FA to complain and they replied with a video of them burning your order

hardly art, hardly starving

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #11436 on: November 08, 2022, 01:28:42 PM »
I used to work e commerce in a team of 4 (college bookstore). At the beginning of the semester, we’d get up to 800 orders a day, big or small. That shit piles up quick. Idk how FA works, but our order confirmations weren’t sent out until an order was picked and manually processed.

I’ve definitely gotten the BBB threat multiple times, non ironically.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #11437 on: November 08, 2022, 02:26:45 PM »
it'd be sweet if you emailed FA to complain and they replied with a video of them burning your order

Just wanna say I’m so happy you used that gif, I literally just used it at work like 10 minutes ago haha

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #11438 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:06 PM »
just got shipping email a couple of hours ago. ordered on the 1st and live in cali

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
« Reply #11439 on: November 08, 2022, 04:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
just got shipping email a couple of hours ago. ordered on the 1st and live in cali

Same. Give em time

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11440 on: November 08, 2022, 04:33:06 PM »
fA just posted a video on their story and looks like a shit ton of boxes are being loaded up on a fedex or ups truck and had a ton of boxes piled up and being packed out

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #11441 on: November 08, 2022, 05:37:28 PM »
fA just posted a video on their story and looks like a shit ton of boxes are being loaded up on a fedex or ups truck and had a ton of boxes piled up and being packed out
Clearly they’ve been keeping an eye on this thread.

Get hungry on it!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #11442 on: November 08, 2022, 05:54:48 PM »
They must really be hurting to lose that much profit on a sale of non overstock items.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11443 on: November 08, 2022, 06:03:50 PM »
I sent them an email, they are looking at a 2 week turnaround time.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

veritas

« Reply #11444 on: November 08, 2022, 06:22:44 PM »
They must really be hurting to lose that much profit on a sale of non overstock items.

After seeing what it costs to move all the useless shit in a one bedroom apartment I can’t imagine what it would be for a literal warehouse full of product, probably makes more sense to sell at a loss and be rid of it than pay an astronomical moving cost and still have to unload the merchandise

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #11445 on: November 08, 2022, 06:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How are the impact lights? Been years since I was a little kid watching round three and I remember I had one with the nose and tail impact rings.

I assume they’re probably pretty stiff
[close]

Impact boards are great. Stiff and poppy for a looong time.

The wording is a misnomer, they are not 'light' the 'impact light' is the 'light' version of the older, full carbon fiber top ply; they're actually heavier than a standard bbs board.
[close]
Full carbon top sheet was Double Impact, Impact light had the middle of the top sheet as a carbon reinforcement

Yep...the impact light was 'lighter' than the double impact, that's all the name implied.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11446 on: November 08, 2022, 06:36:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

After seeing what it costs to move all the useless shit in a one bedroom apartment I can’t imagine what it would be for a literal warehouse full of product, probably makes more sense to sell at a loss and be rid of it than pay an astronomical moving cost and still have to unload the merchandise

I wonder if skate companies have a financial analyst, coders and data scientist on payroll that does analysis on selling goods at cost vs moving the product, sales projections, calculations on hardgoods price elasticity, social media analytics and data modeling for product seasonality and correlation of rider footage output vs board sales.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #11447 on: November 08, 2022, 06:56:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just wanna say I’m so happy you used that gif, I literally just used it at work like 10 minutes ago haha
And I sent it to my wife about 2 hours ago

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #11448 on: November 08, 2022, 07:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wonder if skate companies have a financial analyst, coders and data scientist on payroll that does analysis on selling goods at cost vs moving the product, sales projections, calculations on hardgoods price elasticity, social media analytics and data modeling for product seasonality and correlation of rider footage output vs board sales.

A good accountant will tell you this.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11449 on: November 08, 2022, 07:31:23 PM »

I was thinking that too. Average it out and selling me a deck with grip for $26 shipped has gotta amount to a significant loss of money.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11450 on: November 08, 2022, 07:46:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

But are AVE and Dill wise enough to listen to the accountant and his pointdexter numbers or hellride-lets-burn-this-profit?

Expand Quote
[close]

I was thinking that too. Average it out and selling me a deck with grip for $26 shipped has gotta amount to a significant loss of money.

Especially with free shipping, they must be hurting on orders that are pure hardgoods with zero softgoods.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11451 on: November 08, 2022, 08:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

But are AVE and Dill wise enough to listen to the accountant and his pointdexter numbers or hellride-lets-burn-this-profit?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Especially with free shipping, they must be hurting on orders that are pure hardgoods with zero softgoods.

Yeah I suppose the idea is to get people to buy some high margin soft goods (especially to make free shipping) with loss leading decks, but it didn't even occur to me to look at the FA soft goods.

Badandoldskater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #11452 on: November 08, 2022, 08:10:59 PM »
The sale might have been a move to generate cash flow and reduce their glut of inventory. A lot of these companies use logistics companies that keep their inventory and they are the ones that drop shop the items to the consumers. Also clothes are made to go on sale, the mark up on soft goods is a lot. Either way I took advantage and bought a few to either keep or give away.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #11453 on: November 08, 2022, 08:19:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

As an accountant, I’d advise burning the product. But I’m also a pyromaniac so take that for what it’s worth.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #11454 on: November 09, 2022, 12:19:38 AM »
anyone reckon the fa sale was simply to make room in the warehouse for Tyshawn's new board company?
that's obviously gonna blow up big time when it drops, even more so if he gets soty this year.

but its a wild guess as i have no idea if it will even be distributed there but as theres no bad blood between them (that i know of) i don't see why it wouldn't be.

plus they'd be able to recoup that profit loss quick time.
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #11455 on: November 09, 2022, 06:16:44 AM »

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #11456 on: November 09, 2022, 06:48:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I would imagine the bigger companies have to have some of this. What are the biggest skate brands? Element? Santa Cruz?

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #11457 on: November 09, 2022, 06:56:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I suppose the idea is to get people to buy some high margin soft goods (especially to make free shipping) with loss leading decks, but it didn't even occur to me to look at the FA soft goods.

I got five decks...

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11458 on: November 09, 2022, 07:41:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I got five decks...

Same, which is how I arrived at (I think) $26.40/per deck with grip and shipping.

KinkyRailsRailed4u

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 93
  • Here For Friendship :)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11459 on: November 09, 2022, 11:21:30 AM »
Adidas is having a week long sale with free shipping. Busenitz and Tyshawns for $49.

https://www.adidas.com/us/skateboarding-shoes
Kids don't know about kindness these days.