Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2264228 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #13740 on: November 15, 2023, 12:16:14 PM »

I know that I am like a broken record about this, but I can’t stress how much I enjoy these decks. And how often my friends who are skeptical about Primitive skate them and love them.

ok. what’s the fave shape? you on aces?

manysnakes

« Reply #13741 on: November 15, 2023, 01:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote

I know that I am like a broken record about this, but I can’t stress how much I enjoy these decks. And how often my friends who are skeptical about Primitive skate them and love them.
[close]

Whatever the common pro 8.125” deck is. Yeah, Ace trucks. The decks all have short wheelbases so if you have little legs like I do, they’re great. I imagine someone looking for a long wheelbase with their Ventures might not feel the same way.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #13742 on: November 15, 2023, 01:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Whatever the common pro 8.125” deck is. Yeah, Ace trucks. The decks all have short wheelbases so if you have little legs like I do, they’re great. I imagine someone looking for a long wheelbase with their Ventures might not feel the same way.

oh i’m short as hell.
next time i’m at the courts i’ll be looking for the person with the primitive and aces

G_Money

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
« Reply #13743 on: November 15, 2023, 02:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

oh i’m short as hell.
next time i’m at the courts i’ll be looking for the person with the primitive and aces

I get the 7.75 primitive logo decks that cost $20 each. I put them on 8 inch venture lows and have a great time.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #13744 on: November 15, 2023, 02:39:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Found this shop while looking for a Grimple Huffer. Some very good deals... anyone familiar with First Gear Skate shopt?
[close]
Not familiar but the storefront shows up in google maps street view at that address which is a good start.

I just placed an order using Google Pay and got text and email confirmation, so I'll let you guys know if I get identity theft-ed
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #13745 on: November 15, 2023, 04:47:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Found this shop while looking for a Grimple Huffer. Some very good deals... anyone familiar with First Gear Skate shopt?
[close]
Not familiar but the storefront shows up in google maps street view at that address which is a good start.
[close]

I just placed an order using Google Pay and got text and email confirmation, so I'll let you guys know if I get identity theft-ed
Wanted some new vans slips so I got some. Used Apple Pay to cover my ass too. Seems legit

https://instagram.com/firstgearskateshop?igshid=MzMyNGUyNmU2YQ==

nothing's been the since same

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 895
« Reply #13746 on: November 16, 2023, 07:35:31 AM »
Nicely done. I nearly pulled the trigger on a First Gear order but I saw I was getting charged tax even though I live in a Oregon. Maybe that gets recalculated at a later time but most online stores never factor tax in when you are ordering from a tax free state and have your address plugged in.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13747 on: November 16, 2023, 08:05:01 AM »
Zero has the bailout mystery boxes again. 3 decks for 120 with free shipping. I just ordered one of the boxes to stack up 3 decks for 40 a piece. I know primitive, dgk and zero are doing them right now. All similar prices

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13748 on: November 16, 2023, 08:10:59 AM »
Zero has the bailout mystery boxes again. 3 decks for 120 with free shipping. I just ordered one of the boxes to stack up 3 decks for 40 a piece. I know primitive, dgk and zero are doing them right now. All similar prices
If you put it on the shopping cart on the Primitive one and you just close the tab you'll get an email saying that you forgot and if you wait a bit longer you'll ger another email with a 15% code
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Fooj

• Rep: 192
« Reply #13749 on: November 16, 2023, 11:42:47 AM »

Does anyone know which of their current decks they have for sale are BBS?  Had a couple china primitives and the shape was horrible.  Emailed them this week and this is all i got:

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #13750 on: November 16, 2023, 01:12:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Does anyone know which of their current decks they have for sale are BBS?  Had a couple china primitives and the shape was horrible.  Emailed them this week and this is all i got:

I would gingerly assume that any pro model deck is SUPPOSED to be BBS and that some of their team/non-pro/collab models tend to be non-BBS from time to time.

Others believe that the mystery box sales often are to offload the China wood decks that didn't sell as well as the BBS ones. All speculation since myself and others had mixed experiences with buying mystery/sale decks during black Friday, Christmas, etc. from Primitive.

When Primitive support says "newer" does that mean current drop? 3 months back? 6 months back? Who knows...

One thing to do is find your size and deck of interest on the sale and then image search or type in the deck name to see if any other shops have it. Then check their images/call them to find out if you're that invested
Super Champion Fun Zone

manysnakes

« Reply #13751 on: November 16, 2023, 02:40:56 PM »
I’ve never had a Primitive deck which wasn’t made in China but that hasn’t seemed to effect their performance one bit.

G_Money

• Rep: 11
« Reply #13752 on: November 16, 2023, 02:58:11 PM »
I’ve never had a Primitive deck which wasn’t made in China but that hasn’t seemed to effect their performance one bit.

They just jacked the $20 decks back up to $32.50. Hopefully they bring them back down to $20 again on the actual Black Friday.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #13753 on: November 16, 2023, 05:24:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you put it on the shopping cart on the Primitive one and you just close the tab you'll get an email saying that you forgot and if you wait a bit longer you'll ger another email with a 15% code

Discount code doesn't stack with boards on sale unfortunately.

The mailing list discount code from Zero used to stack with the bailout boxes, haven't tried that recently.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #13754 on: November 16, 2023, 11:52:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I would gingerly assume that any pro model deck is SUPPOSED to be BBS and that some of their team/non-pro/collab models tend to be non-BBS from time to time.

Others believe that the mystery box sales often are to offload the China wood decks that didn't sell as well as the BBS ones. All speculation since myself and others had mixed experiences with buying mystery/sale decks during black Friday, Christmas, etc. from Primitive.

When Primitive support says "newer" does that mean current drop? 3 months back? 6 months back? Who knows...

One thing to do is find your size and deck of interest on the sale and then image search or type in the deck name to see if any other shops have it. Then check their images/call them to find out if you're that invested
Recently I had a Silvas made in china board and it was one of the best I've skated in the last time.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Fooj

• Rep: 192
« Reply #13755 on: November 17, 2023, 12:00:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Recently I had a Silvas made in china board and it was one of the best I've skated in the last time.

Thats good to hear, I had a desarmo and 2 gillets that were from china. All 3 had a small mellow tail and a long steep nose, kinda FA-ish without the squareness.  But Also got a silvas thats BBS and its amazing, kicks are way more balanced. Similar to the April 8.125.

Anyhow, safe to say, if the actual Black friday sale is good, ill be rolling the dice again

dumptruck12

• Rep: -105
« Reply #13756 on: November 17, 2023, 03:04:45 AM »
I love getting fooled thinking there are some deals being posted but it’s just guys talking about their primitive decks…

Pasta Monster

« Reply #13757 on: November 17, 2023, 04:14:19 AM »
Discount: VIPBF40
Discount: FREESHIP
https://protecbrand.com/

40% off and free shipping at Pro-Tec.

manysnakes

« Reply #13758 on: November 17, 2023, 05:07:28 AM »
I love getting fooled thinking there are some deals being posted but it’s just guys talking about their primitive decks…

They're deeply discounted!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 05:24:29 AM by manysnakes »

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #13759 on: November 17, 2023, 06:00:53 AM »
emage has a ton of shoes on sale. as low as $20. mostly small sizes but there's some regular sizes scattered in there.

https://www.emagenetwork.com/products.cfm?SortBy=PriceL&Sale=1&catId=112
good come sausage

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #13760 on: November 17, 2023, 10:13:07 AM »

Alright, to make up for the shop talk, here's a crumb or two for ya:

Garage Skateshop:

Tactics: www.tactics.com/black-friday-sale
Doing 20% of  with code "BFCM23" - skate, shoes, apparel. I'm assuming sale gear too but haven't checked
Super Champion Fun Zone

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13761 on: November 17, 2023, 11:42:24 AM »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #13762 on: November 17, 2023, 03:44:19 PM »
10$ straye mystery box anyone?
PromoCode BLKMST

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 58
« Reply #13763 on: November 17, 2023, 04:24:18 PM »
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

BelknappBruiser

• Rep: 26
« Reply #13764 on: November 17, 2023, 09:37:30 PM »
PromoCode BLKMST

Pulled the trigger on a couple of pairs. Two pairs of shoes for $30 shipped?!?! I'll take the gamble, yo! There are some totally hideous shoes on their site, so hopefully I don't end up with complete shit... We shall see! Tum Yeto is doing sale decks two for $60, two shirts for $30 and wheels for $20. Picked up a couple of Glick decks while I still could...

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #13765 on: November 17, 2023, 09:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote
PromoCode BLKMST
[close]

Pulled the trigger on a couple of pairs. Two pairs of shoes for $30 shipped?!?! I'll take the gamble, yo! There are some totally hideous shoes on their site, so hopefully I don't end up with complete shit... We shall see! Tum Yeto is doing sale decks two for $60, two shirts for $30 and wheels for $20. Picked up a couple of Glick decks while I still could...

May the odds forever be in your favor, I’d love to see what you pull.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #13766 on: November 17, 2023, 09:59:13 PM »

UP TO 50% off - many are 30-35% off

Hah

Ive had my eye on most of that stuff and its been the same sale for quite some time but with black friday slapped over it

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #13767 on: November 17, 2023, 10:29:00 PM »
PromoCode BLKMST
Still too expensive for those pieces of garbage

lulz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #13768 on: November 18, 2023, 05:11:17 PM »
PromoCode BLKMST

Thank you. Don’t mind if I do….😁

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 21
« Reply #13769 on: November 18, 2023, 05:25:18 PM »
got the green sci-fi hoodie from the garage skate sale for $58 shipped. great deal with them being $80 retail & everything. go get your Christmas hoods before it's too late!