Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 127839 times)

DaveThe$lave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
support the good people at premier while also supporting the good people at lakai. some really good sale prices.

http://www.thepremierstore.com/products.cfm?CatID=8

softgoods on sale too

Fuck yes! I picked up two pairs of the Marc recently and they fucking rule! The upper seems almost indestructible and the sole is just starting to wear thin. The laces stay intact for a super long time, as well. I've never had any Lakais before this, but I'll definitely be buying more in the future!

negro

• Rep: -2
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »
How are the Picos? I've been skating  Emerica Laced for awhile but want a little more impact support, will the xlk sole be good? And if im a 10 in the Laced then what size would be good for Picos??

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
just got my fourth pair of these in this colourway. so bummed they stopped making them.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #213 on: May 29, 2013, 03:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm on my second pair of the Marc mid top, and it's seriously one of the best shoes I've had in a long time.
[close]

Would you mind posting a pic of your foot wearing them? I've been wanting to cop a pair for a while but I hate when shoes are between lows and mids where the shoe ends right underneath the ankle bump.. It always fucks with my ankle and give bad blisters, like the arto mids.
[close]

Any good? They are barely mids to be honest.

Thanks for posting this pic. Huge help. A little bummed it's not a true mid. I honestly had a pair in my cart and bailed on the purchase when I saw this pic. Completely willing to give Lakai a go, but I need something a little bit higher.

StFlour

« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2013, 03:05:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm on my second pair of the Marc mid top, and it's seriously one of the best shoes I've had in a long time.
[close]

Would you mind posting a pic of your foot wearing them? I've been wanting to cop a pair for a while but I hate when shoes are between lows and mids where the shoe ends right underneath the ankle bump.. It always fucks with my ankle and give bad blisters, like the arto mids.
[close]

[close]

Thanks for posting this pic. Huge help. A little bummed it's not a true mid. I honestly had a pair in my cart and bailed on the purchase when I saw this pic. Completely willing to give Lakai a go, but I need something a little bit higher.

telford xlk

Will Easley

« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

telford xlk

Arent those high tops tho? Mids dont really mess with your ankle mobility but highs actually kinda do. would like to see lakai come out with maybe 2-3 midtop xlk models id probably end getting a pair.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Best XLK shoe out right now? I miss XLK and just wanna know what to snag.
[close]

Pico XLK
[close]
Was recommended a pair by someone on slap when I found them online for cheap. Best advice.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2013, 01:20:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

telford xlk
[close]

Arent those high tops tho? Mids dont really mess with your ankle mobility but highs actually kinda do. would like to see lakai come out with maybe 2-3 midtop xlk models id probably end getting a pair.

Same here, I'm waiting for the Howard mids coming in july, they look really good.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2013, 06:03:06 AM »
Definitely getting those Howard mids. They look perfect.

peter

• Rep: -2
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »
Skated the Pico XLK for an hour today. Skate great right out of the box, doesn't even feel like a cupsole. From looking at all the lakais at the shop it seems like all of their shoes have gone up in quality. If you want a cupsole with a pointy toe and good boardfeel but decent protection, these are the shoes for you!

Leo Chumack

• Rep: 8
« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2013, 11:37:45 PM »
I'm skating in these Pico's right now and I really like them. They're very comfortable and broke in right away, and the grip is nice despite the sole not being a gum sole. I am fully backing Lakai, they definitely improved the quality of their shoes since they left Podium.

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2013, 07:59:45 AM »
I skate Pico XLK at the moment,too.

Had to adjust to the better grip after skating 4 pairs of busenitz?s in a row.

I like em!

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2013, 10:15:15 PM »
Love my Mike Carroll's, the sole is holding up great. I did have to shoe goo the side, but that's the norm with most canvas shoes.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »
Hows the heel lock on the pico XLKs? I just hurt my achilles because the G6s have shit heel lock. Is the heel pannel thing hard?

Randozzi

« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »
didn't have a problem with mine, worked well and no blisters or pinching.
panel is hardish but breaks in well.

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »
Love my Mike Carroll's, the sole is holding up great. I did have to shoe goo the side, but that's the norm with most canvas shoes.
Hey Shawn how's the boardfeel?
Do they have those thick insoles? I like thinner insoles myself.
Being vegan like you bro I have a hard time finding the right shoes, with the right feel, and for the right price.
I been skating the 14oz. Canvas Half Cabs for a few months, perfect feeling for what I like, mid top, vulc and damn thin and flexy...but, the soles are worn out. Vans rubber quality is horrible compared to what it once was, even 5 years ago.
I have one quarter size hole in my front foot shoe's waffle sole and it's been re-Shoe Gooed 3 times already.
Both soles are bald in the front.
Was thinking about the canvas Manchesters or canvas Indio's.
Contacted Lakai and they told me both are vegan. The Indio has a synth. brown leather strip on the back).
No where around to try them on as nobody around here carries anything but leather. (only 2 skate shops in my state).

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »

The forefoot upper is stiff on the canvas version. It looks to be the stitching connecting the panels in the front adds extra layers/stiffness (which may be a good thing being at an ollie hole point). The inside is also reinforced with a thick woven synthetic lining.

It took a month of "chilling" to break them in. Maybe that's the norm as I'm used to leather shoes.

JBones

« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2013, 08:19:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The forefoot upper is stiff on the canvas version. It looks to be the stitching connecting the panels in the front adds extra layers/stiffness (which may be a good thing being at an ollie hole point). The inside is also reinforced with a thick woven synthetic lining.

It took a month of "chilling" to break them in. Maybe that's the norm as I'm used to leather shoes.
Thanks man. That's good to know.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hey Shawn how's the boardfeel?
Do they have those thick insoles? I like thinner insoles myself.
Being vegan like you bro I have a hard time finding the right shoes, with the right feel, and for the right price.
I been skating the 14oz. Canvas Half Cabs for a few months, perfect feeling for what I like, mid top, vulc and damn thin and flexy...but, the soles are worn out. Vans rubber quality is horrible compared to what it once was, even 5 years ago.
I have one quarter size hole in my front foot shoe's waffle sole and it's been re-Shoe Gooed 3 times already.
Both soles are bald in the front.
Contacted Lakai and they told me both are vegan. The Indio has a synth. brown leather strip on the back).
No where around to try them on as nobody around here carries anything but leather. (only 2 skate shops in my state).

Mid sole, not super thick but enough that it feels good. The tread is holding up well, I had some TNT Vans as my last shoe and those wore out quick! I had a hole on the sole before a real ollie hole, doubt I will skate Vans anytime soon!

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2013, 10:10:22 PM »
Just picked up some black canvas Manchesters for 35 bucks from a shop here that is closing down a location. 

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »
just picked up some picos. pretty excited about skating them

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

JBones

« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »
Just picked up some black canvas Manchesters for 35 bucks from a shop here that is closing down a location. 
Rad man, I just ordered some Purple Canvas Manchesters myself.
Really excited about them.
When it comes to shoes I love nothing more than supporting a skater owned shoe brand.

benjamindanklin

• Rep: -9
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »
I bought some Manchesters probably august of last year. They lasted like a month until the sole was pretty flat and gripless. Did this pledge thing really work? I wanna try some Lakais again, but don't wanna waste my money.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
I bought some Manchesters probably august of last year. They lasted like a month until the sole was pretty flat and gripless. Did this pledge thing really work? I wanna try some Lakais again, but don't wanna waste my money.
you can't go wrong with xlk but if you want vulc make sure it says made in Korea on the tongue. If you are buying online and don't know where they were made just post the colorway on here before you buy them and we will tell you if they are from the new factory. You probably had a pair from the old factory in china when lakai was under podium. Now that lakai is under crailtap the shoes are made in Korea and are much better. XLK has always been good though

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »
Any shop dudes get a look at Lakai's spring 2014 stuff? I'm really interested to see what they've been working on.
damn those yarys bout those squats

zipzopzoobtybop.

• Rep: -1
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »
Which one would you recommend. The Lakai Griffin or Marc johnson's shoe? The thing I'm not sold on about the Girffin is the logo, I do lots of heelflip tricks and I'm worried the logo will come off fast.

StFlour

« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
marc's shoe

BraveUlysses

« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2013, 01:52:14 PM »
Marc's shoe refuses to die and feels so damn good!

Randozzi

« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2013, 01:53:21 PM »
had both, the griffen is a tighter, more snug fit. both are great shoes.

micky682

« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »
Is the Lakai Marc true to size?