Author Topic: Terrible Anti Hero Ad  (Read 21238 times)

JamesNtheGntPch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
Terrible Anti Hero Ad
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »

Did G.G. Allen come back from the dead to take over their marketing operations?

Fastfreddy

Re: Terrible Anti Hero Ad
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:07:31 PM »
shut up, hippie

Jejenhausen

• Rep: -72
  • This is good news
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »
thats actually pretty gnarly.

even for them.

LoserMachine

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »
put that on a shirt!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »
don't like it, too much pain in this picture

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »
I'm sorry but that is way too funny...

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »
not feeling it, but hey, its a free world...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
that ad is at least a year old

asakusa75

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
I saw a documentary where they talked about this photo. Apparently the little naked kids back was messed up from napalm, skin dripping off like melting cheese. Pretty harsh using this if you ask me.

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 08:38:01 PM »
Great ad! Love it!

HairyCunt

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
Old or not, is this an actual Anti-hero ad?  Where was it run web or magazine?

Mocking innocent Children victim to war is edgy, cool, and apparently funny now?
Do you even know the origins of this photo?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

I know it's sort of Anti-hero's thing to be... well fucking regular, but seriously fuck them.  First mocking the nuclear meltdown caused by the tsunamis and earthquakes in Japan and now this?  Fuck Anti-hero.  Fuck Deluxe and fuck that ex-pig Mic-E Reyes.

The same little fuckers tolerating this shit are the ones who found Baker's racism amusing.  I guess racism and war are funny if it's your favorite skateboarders making the joke!  Grow some fucking balls.

Have a sense of humour!

People are allowed to have a dark sense of humour. Have you never heard of post modernism, situationism, dada. etc?

You probably found the Gooks of Hazzard shirt offensive too. Bitch!

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »
It was an ad in thrasher. I cut it out to save.

Just because you can call it art, post modernism, dada, whatever it doesn't make it less offensive to some.

i thought this and the baker graphic were pretty funny and definitely offensive. maybe i'm fucked.

I've seen worst album art though

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »
this is pretty pathetic for a grown man's work. the idea that anyone involved with anti-hero would have heard of situationism or dadaists is hilarious.

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »
this is pretty pathetic for a grown man's work. the idea that anyone involved with anti-hero would have heard of situationism or dadaists is hilarious.

I'm sure Stranger has heard of at least one, but i doubt that's what he was going for. probably just trying to fuck with people

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Old or not, is this an actual Anti-hero ad? �Where was it run web or magazine?

Mocking innocent Children victim to war is edgy, cool, and apparently funny now?
Do you even know the origins of this photo? �http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

I know it's sort of Anti-hero's thing to be... well fucking regular, but seriously fuck them. �First mocking the nuclear meltdown caused by the tsunamis and earthquakes in Japan and now this? �Fuck Anti-hero. �Fuck Deluxe and fuck that ex-pig Mic-E Reyes.

The same little fuckers tolerating this shit are the ones who found Baker's racism amusing. �I guess racism and war are funny if it's your favorite skateboarders making the joke! �Grow some fucking balls.
[close]

Have a sense of humour!

People are allowed to have a dark sense of humour. Have you never heard of post modernism, situationism, dada. etc?

[close]

You have proven again and again that you are incapable of higher level thought and completely uneducated in social matters.  I'm pretty sure everyone just ignores you at this point, but I will offer a reply in the hopes of influencing someone who is lurking and lacks the ability to place you on their ignore list.  By all means please keep regurgitating your cliched back-woods conservative thoughts though.  You only make anyone whose opinion differs from yours appear that much more intelligent.  Believe me, I am not surprised that someone like you found this ad amusing in the slightest.

I completely agree with you that people are allowed to have a dark sense of humour, but in the same vain I am completely allowed to call them out on this bullshit.  Someone who formerly supported Anti-hero and Deluxe may see this thread and also be fed up with this bullshit.  Deluxe knows this and thats why they always log on the boards to play damage control.  We are lucky that consumers in the skateboard industry have a pretty big voice.  I just wish more skaters would stop being mindless drones and have the balls to stand up when a skater or brand they worship does some fucking bullshit.  You're way more of a bitch for compromising your ideals because you don't want go against what is "cool."  We don't need racism in skateboarding and we certainly don't need to be mocking innocent adolescent war victims.  I don't see how you can willfully give money to a skateboard powerhouse owned by a former cop anyway.  Deluxe does way too much sketchy shit.

So what exactly is Hentihero?  A parody, an homage?  A rip off?  because this sweatshirt is pretty fucking funny.

Also, is this you?
http://www.youtube.com/user/hentihero
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »
Lame tasteless ad.  I can't say that kind of humor isn't effective when done properly though.

seamoose

• Rep: 12
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
the ad has pretty much done its job and got us talking about it, may work for some and maybe not for others but as far as marketing. Its working

oldgoodburger

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
i see no issue with this ad. anti-hero continue what you are doing

edit: see it's okay now cause we're getting rid of it http://motherboard.vice.com/2012/8/8/everybody-slow-clap-america-scrubbing-vietnam-of-agent-orange
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:33:24 PM by GoodBerger »

PBNR

• Rep: -2
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
The most offensive thing about this is that you spelled GG Allin's name A-L-L-E-N.

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 10:20:10 PM »
That's about as offensive as a punk or metal show flyer you find on your wind-shield wipers anytime you park in the university district.  In fact, that's pretty much what it is.  I can imagine this one being for Napalm Death or Anal Cunt or something.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
Old or not, is this an actual Anti-hero ad?  Where was it run web or magazine?

Do you even know the origins of this photo?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

I know it's sort of Anti-hero's thing to be... well fucking regular, but seriously fuck them.  First mocking the nuclear meltdown caused by the tsunamis and earthquakes in Japan and now this?  Fuck Anti-hero.  Fuck Deluxe and fuck that ex-pig Mic-E Reyes.

The same little fuckers tolerating this shit are the ones who found Baker's racism amusing.  I guess racism and war are funny if it's your favorite skateboarders making the joke!  Grow some fucking balls.

like all art, you don't have to like it.   but speaking of balls it does take balls to put an ad like that out.  i don't care for it either, but i can appreciate that they're willing to push boundaries with their marketing, instead of safe, cutesy stuff
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Tardvark

• Rep: -17
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 10:25:29 PM »
i think that the idea of this ad was to draw attention to how fucked up war is. This is clearly an anti war ad and anyone getting worked up about it has missed the point

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
i think that the idea of this ad was to draw attention to how fucked up war is. This is clearly an anti war ad and anyone getting worked up about it has missed the point

thats what i thought but what do i know im an idiot

HairyCunt

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Old or not, is this an actual Anti-hero ad? �Where was it run web or magazine?

Do you even know the origins of this photo? �http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

I know it's sort of Anti-hero's thing to be... well fucking regular, but seriously fuck them. �First mocking the nuclear meltdown caused by the tsunamis and earthquakes in Japan and now this? �Fuck Anti-hero. �Fuck Deluxe and fuck that ex-pig Mic-E Reyes.

The same little fuckers tolerating this shit are the ones who found Baker's racism amusing. �I guess racism and war are funny if it's your favorite skateboarders making the joke! �Grow some fucking balls.
[close]

Have a sense of humour!

[close]

You have proven again and again that you are incapable of higher level thought and completely uneducated in social matters. �I'm pretty sure everyone just ignores you at this point, but I will offer a reply in the hopes of influencing someone who is lurking and lacks the ability to place you on their ignore list. �By all means please keep regurgitating your cliched back-woods conservative thoughts though. �You only make anyone whose opinion differs from yours appear that much more intelligent. �Believe me, I am not surprised that someone like you found this ad amusing in the slightest.

I completely agree with you that people are allowed to have a dark sense of humour, but in the same vain I am completely allowed to call them out on this bullshit. �Someone who formerly supported Anti-hero and Deluxe may see this thread and also be fed up with this bullshit. �Deluxe knows this and thats why they always log on the boards to play damage control. �We are lucky that consumers in the skateboard industry have a pretty big voice. �I just wish more skaters would stop being mindless drones and have the balls to stand up when a skater or brand they worship does some fucking bullshit.� You're way more of a bitch for compromising your ideals because you don't want go against what is "cool."� We don't need racism in skateboarding and we certainly don't need to be mocking innocent adolescent war victims.� I don't see how you can willfully give money to a skateboard powerhouse owned by a former cop anyway. �Deluxe does way too much sketchy shit.

You can only read something one way and are reduced to making irrational personal attacks and I am the one that is incapable of a higher thought level? LOL !

Skateboarding need less self-righteous squares with obvious personal issues with Deluxe, such as yourself, and more of this!
Let me recommend Reliance Skateboards to you, they seem to be right up your alley.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:49:18 PM by HarryCrews »

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
Is it funny because its human suffering, or funny because its human suffering on a skateboard? Not saying it shouldn't of been ran or anything, but somebody describe why its funny?

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 10:58:02 PM »

The main kid seems to be living a remarkable life that has brought a lot of benefits to people’s lives.
The trauma depicted in the photo probably had a huge influence on her character and choices.
So, it’s reasonable to believe, that without such trauma, she would not have lead such a remarkable life, and all the lives she improved would not have been so improved.

If the worth of an event is judged by consequences, then it might be good that the event depicted in the photo occurred, if more good consequences followed from it occurring than would have followed from it not occurring.

So, it might be good that the event depicted in the photo occurred.

Is it objectionable for anti hero to parody events that might be good?

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 11:00:47 PM »

The main kid seems to be living a remarkable life that has brought a lot of benefits to people?s lives.
The trauma depicted in the photo probably had a huge influence on her character and choices.
So, it?s reasonable to believe, that without such trauma, she would not have lead such a remarkable life, and all the lives she improved would not have been so improved.

If the worth of an event is judged by consequences, then it might be good that the event depicted in the photo occurred, if more good consequences followed from it occurring than would have followed from it not occurring.

And slavery was just one big favor . . . moron.

era

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
I think I saw a short about the little girl in the photo and she talked about how she was running with no clothes because napalm had burnt them off or something.  I don't think not backing this makes you behind the times on art and humor.  I think that makes you relatively normal.  It may have been an attempt to bring more light to the subject, but in my eyes it just looks like a spoof.

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »
It's funny for the same reason this is funny:

It's funny to take something terrible and make it look harmless, I guess.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »
Expand Quote

The main kid seems to be living a remarkable life that has brought a lot of benefits to people?s lives.
So, it?s reasonable to believe, that without such trauma, she would not have lead such a remarkable life, and all the lives she improved would not have been so improved.

[close]

And slavery was just one big favor . . . moron.

Without slavery, the past would be different enough that your ancestors would have fucked at different times or with different people, and so different eggs would have been fertilized and different children/generations born.

So, if you think it's good for you to exist than not to exist, you should be thankful that the past happened exactly as it did, otherwise you wouldn't exist.