Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367521 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3810 on: July 29, 2021, 08:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

As a Blazers fan im afraid that it's quite possible that Dame's time with the team is nearing it's end. This trade however will NOT happen.

Who is an equivalent superstar or has enough first round picks to entice the blazers to trade him though? Miami offering Duncan, Herro and Nunn with some picks isn't going to do it. Dame wouldn't go to Oklahoma city in exchange for all their picks. Who has the will and the capital to make it happen?

coldbrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #3811 on: July 29, 2021, 02:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

As a Blazers fan im afraid that it's quite possible that Dame's time with the team is nearing it's end. This trade however will NOT happen.
[close]

Who is an equivalent superstar or has enough first round picks to entice the blazers to trade him though? Miami offering Duncan, Herro and Nunn with some picks isn't going to do it. Dame wouldn't go to Oklahoma city in exchange for all their picks. Who has the will and the capital to make it happen?

ben ain't going anywhere because nobody wants him and he'll fizzle out of the league. dame is worth something, ben ain't.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3812 on: July 29, 2021, 02:53:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

ben ain't going anywhere because nobody wants him and he'll fizzle out of the league. dame is worth something, ben ain't.

I don't know, he has a lot of valuable skills but he's got a poor attitude and mentality

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3813 on: July 29, 2021, 03:02:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't know, he has a lot of valuable skills but he's got a poor attitude and mentality

there's plenty of dudes that just fractionally sit under his skills that have great attitude and mentality, so I'll stand by what I said. he may be a great addition to a team, but he's not a game changer and his resume isn't doing him any favors.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3814 on: July 29, 2021, 03:04:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

there's plenty of dudes that just fractionally sit under his skills that have great attitude and mentality, so I'll stand by what I said. he may be a great addition to a team, but he's not a game changer and his resume isn't doing him any favors.

There's still no chance he's still on that team by the time the season starts. He won't survive another season in Philly. They'll throw garbage on the court every time he checks in

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3815 on: July 29, 2021, 03:14:07 PM »
There's rumblings about Westbrick to the Lakers

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3816 on: July 29, 2021, 03:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

There's still no chance he's still on that team by the time the season starts. He won't survive another season in Philly. They'll throw garbage on the court every time he checks in

the problem is they won't get anything for him and as somebody who lives in this city, there's a large consensus of fans who advocate for keeping him another year in hopes of him regaining some value because right now he's another Markelle Fultz to them.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3817 on: July 29, 2021, 03:19:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the problem is they won't get anything for him and as somebody who lives in this city, there's a large consensus of fans who advocate for keeping him another year in hopes of him regaining some value because right now he's another Markelle Fultz to them.

Poor Markelle. I'm glad he's found a home in Orlando

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3818 on: July 29, 2021, 05:39:04 PM »
Cade #1 to Detroit
Green to Houston
Mobley to cavs
Barnes to Toronto
Suggs to Orlando

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3819 on: July 29, 2021, 06:03:13 PM »
KANGZ! Davion Mitchell goes to a team with two young promising point guards. Classic

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3820 on: July 29, 2021, 06:03:36 PM »
Super excited for the Green pick. Kevin Porter JR has been basically recruiting him. Gonna be a fun backcourt…

The Raps taking Barnes over Suggs caught me off guard tho..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #3821 on: July 29, 2021, 06:04:37 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR7le9Ps76o/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is such a polarizing trade. Some Laker fans love it, some hate it. I'm somewhere in the middle rn because I really wanted Buddy Hield.

We need shooters and Hield would be perfect. Westbrook will help LeBron with playmaking/scoring, but he can't space the floor/shoot 3s.

I am confusion.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3822 on: July 29, 2021, 06:49:40 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR7le9Ps76o/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is such a polarizing trade. Some Laker fans love it, some hate it. I'm somewhere in the middle rn because I really wanted Buddy Hield.

We need shooters and Hield would be perfect. Westbrook will help LeBron with playmaking/scoring, but he can't space the floor/shoot 3s.

I am confusion.

Yeah I'm honestly not sure about the fit on this one. Good for Russ getting another shot at glory. Do you think Beal is gonna get traded next?

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3823 on: July 29, 2021, 07:28:20 PM »
I think he stays… for now. wizards cleared some cap space so maybe they try to sign some help.

I’ve always liked Hield. Would’ve helped space the floor better, but Russ will always be the high motor guy. Buddy is still stuck in basketball purgatory (maybe Sac is a little better this season tho)

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #3824 on: July 30, 2021, 01:09:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'd be willing to trade for Simmons if the trade would be centered around CJ (the Blazers have to try to do more than tinkering around the edges this time) but there's absolutely no sense in trading Dame for him unless the Blazers want to start a full rebuild and Philly also gives up Maxey, Thybulle and like 5 future firsts. Even in that case i'd most likely prefer some other trade.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3825 on: July 30, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »
Clippers had a low key strong draft. Hope the three rookies get to see the floor this season!

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3826 on: July 30, 2021, 05:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'd be willing to trade for Simmons if the trade would be centered around CJ (the Blazers have to try to do more than tinkering around the edges this time) but there's absolutely no sense in trading Dame for him unless the Blazers want to start a full rebuild and Philly also gives up Maxey, Thybulle and like 5 future firsts. Even in that case i'd most likely prefer some other trade.

some other trade like what though? It has to be a contending team (dame wants to win narrative) pretty much all the other contending/contenderesque teams don't have as much to offer
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3827 on: July 30, 2021, 08:22:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

some other trade like what though? It has to be a contending team (dame wants to win narrative) pretty much all the other contending/contenderesque teams don't have as much to offer

Totally, apparently they asked the warriors if they'd be willing to give them Wiggins, Wiseman and the two firsts the Ws had in the draft and golden state obviously said no.
I could maybe see them doing a wiggins/Wiseman trade without the firsts but the sixers don't have a ton of options.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #3828 on: August 02, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ben for Dame maybe
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well basically a trade that doesn't involve Ben Simmons because i think Simmons without Dame makes no sense. If the Blazers end up having to trade Dame it should be a full rebuild -type of trade, not a trade that nets them a player who keeps their picks being in the top of the lottery for the next couple years.
Best would be to get picks that are from some other teams and promising players still on rookie contracts. I know it's difficult to make the salaries match that way but adding salary filler is alright for me if the picks and prospects are worth taking some bad contracts with them.
In any case if Dame ends up being traded im positive that Blazers will be the team losing the trade.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #3829 on: August 03, 2021, 05:22:45 PM »
This free agency has been fun to watch. A few teams have been making solid moves.

Bulls: Lonzo, Caruso, Derozan

Heat: Lowry, PJ Tucker, Markieff Morris

Nets: Patty Mills, James Johnson

Lakers: Melo, Dwight, Kendrick Nunn, Malik Monk, etc.

Pelicans: Devonte Graham, Valanciunas

Spurs: Doug McDermott, Zach Collins, Thad Young

Bucks: Rodney Hood, George Hill

Jazz: Rudy Gay

Sixers: Drummond

Knicks: Evan Fournier

Warriors: Otto Porter Jr

Wizards: Dinwiddie?

Players who signed extensions with their current teams (or picked up player options): CP3, Steph, Conley, Jarret Allen, SGA, Trae, Jimmy/Duncan, Norman Powell, Blake Griffin/Bruce Brown, D Rose/Noel/Burks, Bobby Portis, THT, Gary Trent Jr, and most likely Luka (after the Olympics).

Notable free agents left/players who haven't re-signed yet: Kawhi, John Collins, Oladipo, Reggie Jackson, Dennis Schroder, Kelly Oubre, Lou Will, Kanter, Whiteside, Millsap, Jabari Parker, JJ Reddick, Lauri Markkanen, Josh Hart, Danny Green, Demarcus Cousins

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3830 on: August 03, 2021, 06:32:23 PM »
This free agency has been fun to watch. A few teams have been making solid moves.

Bulls: Lonzo, Caruso, Derozan

Heat: Lowry, PJ Tucker, Markieff Morris

Nets: Patty Mills, James Johnson

Lakers: Melo, Dwight, Kendrick Nunn, Malik Monk, etc.

Pelicans: Devonte Graham, Valanciunas

Spurs: Doug McDermott, Zach Collins, Thad Young

Bucks: Rodney Hood, George Hill

Jazz: Rudy Gay

Sixers: Drummond

Knicks: Evan Fournier

Warriors: Otto Porter Jr

Wizards: Dinwiddie?

Players who signed extensions with their current teams (or picked up player options): CP3, Steph, Conley, Jarret Allen, SGA, Trae, Jimmy/Duncan, Norman Powell, Blake Griffin/Bruce Brown, D Rose/Noel/Burks, Bobby Portis, THT, Gary Trent Jr, and most likely Luka (after the Olympics).

Notable free agents left/players who haven't re-signed yet: Kawhi, John Collins, Oladipo, Reggie Jackson, Dennis Schroder, Kelly Oubre, Lou Will, Kanter, Whiteside, Millsap, Jabari Parker, JJ Reddick, Lauri Markkanen, Josh Hart, Danny Green, Demarcus Cousins

Clippers: Nic Batum & Serge Ibaka resign

Also i think the derozan to the bulls trade is super bad

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #3831 on: August 04, 2021, 06:12:27 AM »
The Lakers now have the greatest roster EVER! (if the year was 2012)

kanebravo725

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3832 on: August 04, 2021, 10:19:27 AM »
I like LeBron James basketball player and LeBron James Net Worth is $600 million in sports celebrities. He earned around $50 million in salary from the NBA and roughly $56 million from other endorsements.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3833 on: August 04, 2021, 10:42:47 AM »
Honestly, low key really excited for this upcoming clippers season. It's the best case scenario with the obvious caveat of kawhi missing the year because of his knee. Last season we got to the wcf for the first time ever, this year no kawhi so lower expectations, just another year of continuity with the core group of players and anything that happens with the young players and their development is just found money.

Also i have no idea what the fuck Chicago and Sacramento are doing with their backcourts. They're trying to do the 2013 suns that had like Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic and a bunch of ball heavy guards who all need the ball in their hands to succeed.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3834 on: August 04, 2021, 11:23:54 AM »
Sacramento is basketball purgatory… i don’t think even they know the direction they wanna go. #freeBuddyHield

And damn everybody getting paid this off season. We gave daniel theis 36 mil over 4 years… I’m guessing some form of insurance for the 2 Euro big prospects? No idea… maybe he’s tradebait at the deadline.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3835 on: August 04, 2021, 03:58:08 PM »
Dinwiddie to the zards is a nice fit. I think he and Beal should pair nicely in that backcourt and they'll have plenty of shooters to dish to. Excited to see what their team looks like this year

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3836 on: August 04, 2021, 06:22:25 PM »
ben simmons giving me existential dread, posting fucking videos shooting fadeaway jumpers again : (

also fuck. drummond is complete ass, we needed someone either switchable or stretch-5y and he is the absolute opposite.

never thought i'd be begging for danny green to re sign to this degree .
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3837 on: August 04, 2021, 09:09:36 PM »
ben simmons giving me existential dread, posting fucking videos shooting fadeaway jumpers again : (

Fucking brutal. Hope they move him, you both need a fresh start

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3838 on: August 06, 2021, 12:23:59 PM »
Reggie resigning with the clips. Booyah. Now we just have to wait on kawhi taking his time

Edit: kawhi working out the details and justise Winslow joining the team as well
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:39:21 PM by DaleSr »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3839 on: August 07, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »
andre drummond might be a good backup 5

he also might not be

if simmo comes back i’m gonna be heated