Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 368501 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3840 on: August 08, 2021, 06:28:24 PM »
andre drummond might be a good backup 5

he also might not be

if simmo comes back i’m gonna be heated

Depends on what you want him to do

Rebound? Yes
Score? Maybe
Make free throws? No

PAWL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3841 on: August 09, 2021, 12:00:50 PM »
Expand Quote
andre drummond might be a good backup 5

he also might not be

if simmo comes back i’m gonna be heated
[close]

Depends on what you want him to do

Rebound? Yes
Score? Maybe
Make free throws? No

edit: fucked up my whole quote structure thing

drummond sucks ass, hope he gets thrown into a simmons trade for the lulz. Surely doc will insist on giving him all the backup playoff minutes, causing us to lose in the second round again.

only hope with simmons is that kings go full kangz mode and overpay for him (heild, haliburtion, picks)

I suppose lillard might be possible but I dont wanna get my hopes up
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:08:10 PM by PAWL »
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3842 on: August 11, 2021, 09:46:15 AM »

bag fumbler has a good front board

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #3843 on: August 11, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »
probably the richest skater

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3844 on: August 11, 2021, 10:51:26 AM »
coulda been richer now he’s gotta play for the bum ass celtics

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3845 on: August 11, 2021, 11:04:44 AM »
Lol at bag fumbler

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3846 on: August 11, 2021, 04:10:22 PM »
Lol at bag fumbler

Fr he somehow one upped nerlens noels mavs fumble of 67m, tragic.

somehow his kickflip is better than mine which is slightly infuriating.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #3847 on: August 11, 2021, 04:52:28 PM »
hoping I can find a dirt cheap melo blazers jersey 🤞

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3848 on: August 11, 2021, 07:30:27 PM »
hoping I can find a dirt cheap melo blazers jersey 🤞

I need to cop a blazers jersey. I have a Vin Baker Supersonics jersey from when i was living in Portland and i would totally rock a Oden or Roy blazers jersey

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3849 on: September 27, 2021, 09:39:25 AM »
The Philadelphia 76ers do not want Ben Simmons, least of all now that he has made it clear he doesn’t want them, either. Doc Rivers might be out proclaiming otherwise to anyone who’ll listen, but this grim tour is transparently in service of salvaging a stalemate between team president Daryl Morey, who is determined to win the press conference in any Simmons trade, and the 29 other teams in the league, who for a variety of reasons are not yet persuaded to cast off the negotiating leverage that comes from knowing your trade adversary has none of his own. While Morey sticks to his guns and Simmons remains technically a Sixer, the situation will continue to be just deliciously acrimonious.

Simmons wants absolutely nothing to do with his former coworkers in Philadelphia. Shams Charania of The Athletic reported Saturday that a delegation of 76ers players hoped to travel last week to Los Angeles to “meet … and spend time” with their teammate, with the goal of improving a busted relationship and making it possible for Simmons to return to the locker room in the event that Morey is unsuccessful at working a trade. We’re not talking Furkan damn Korkmaz here—these were the real-deal heavy-hitters, the core Sixers who give the team its quality and identity. Simmons, in a delightfully clarifying move, urged them not to waste their time or money:

The core leaders on the 76ers — such as Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle — and most of the team were set to take a jet to see Simmons before being turned away, sources said. Multiple sources said Simmons didn’t want his teammates, some of whom he considers friends, to make the Philadelphia-to-Los Angeles commute out of courtesy because he won’t change his mind on wanting a trade.

The Athletic
It’s apparently not just his teammates and coaches that Simmons is working to escape. According to a hilarious report from ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, Simmons cannot tolerate 76ers fans and intends to never perform in front of them again as a member of the home team. I too loathe all Philadelphia sports fans from the bottom of my heart, but I am only willing to make that known publicly because at no point will I be forced to perform at my job while physically in the presence of 10,000 of them:

Ben Simmons is reportedly remaining firm on wanting out of the 76ers.
@WindhorstESPN tells @hoopscritic and @SamMitchellNBA that Simmons doesn’t intend on showing his face in Philadelphia again. pic.twitter.com/rVYY2kikgD
— SiriusXM NBA Radio (@SiriusXMNBA) September 25, 2021
Can you even imagine what will happen if Ben Simmons is forced to take the court for the Philadelphia 76ers in a regular-season contest at any point in the 2021–22 regular season? My God. The Philadelphia Inquirer has already published a scorched-earth Marcus Hayes column with the wonderful sub-header “Betrayed,” calling Simmons a “child” who is sacrificing “the greater good” at the altar of his own “entitlement,” and training camp hasn’t even started yet. This is all going to rule insanely hard.

The only downside is that I am forced by my own heroic, unblemished track record of pro-worker argumentation to admit that even Ben Simmons deserves to escape intolerable working conditions and pursue a better gig. He may hate and fear the act of putting a basketball into a hoop in a sport where points are scored by putting basketballs into hoops, and that may be a source of tremendous comedy for nearly all sports fans, but it would be cruel and humiliating at this point for him to wear the uniform of the franchise that all but put a “FREE TO GOOD FAMILY” sign on his back upon the occasion of an achingly regrettable new low point in his punishingly public life. Simmons is a 76er today not because the 76ers want Ben Simmons, but because they want the mightiest haul they can score while jettisoning Ben Simmons. Yes, that’s how the sport works, but you will note in the meantime that only Simmons is taking shit for wanting to dissolve this relationship. His crime, here, is declining to participate in a big humiliating performance. It’s disgusting and hurtful to me personally that I am now forced to defend him after having reveled so shamelessly in his professional failures.

On the other hand, to the extent that Hayes is correct about this all serving as a massive and disabling distraction for the 76ers basketball operation, I hope it goes unresolved for one thousand years

Chris Thompson on the Simmons situation.

@PAWL & @camp chill yourself

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the dumpster fire that is Daryl Morey's leverage in this situation

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3850 on: September 27, 2021, 09:53:38 AM »
get that bum out of here

he ain’t gonna do anything for anyone with his wack attitude and teams can see that shit- he sets his own value and if we have to sell low to get his contract outta here shit happens. there’s a lot of good defenders who can shoot a fuckin basketball instead of a great defender who’s afraid of the hoop.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3851 on: September 27, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
get that bum out of here

he ain’t gonna do anything for anyone with his wack attitude and teams can see that shit- he sets his own value and if we have to sell low to get his contract outta here shit happens. there’s a lot of good defenders who can shoot a fuckin basketball instead of a great defender who’s afraid of the hoop.

I thought it was very funny that he was trying to guide himself to "either of the LA teams" like bitch we don't want you here! I already have to deal with sixty years of cursed franchise black magic, what the fuck do i want with someone who infamously disappears in the playoffs? We JUST got to our first conference finals in franchise history, we need an infamous second round bust like jfk needs ibuprofen for a headache

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #3852 on: September 27, 2021, 01:47:17 PM »
Breaking Ben Simmons is the greatest achievement in Atlanta sports in the last 25 years

thebacker

« Reply #3853 on: September 27, 2021, 04:21:40 PM »
Joel embiid is MVP if he stays healthy

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3854 on: September 28, 2021, 08:07:05 AM »
Expand Quote
get that bum out of here

[close]

I thought it was very funny that he was trying to guide himself to "either of the LA teams" like bitch we don't want you here! I already have to deal with sixty years of cursed franchise black magic, what the fuck do i want with someone who infamously disappears in the playoffs? We JUST got to our first conference finals in franchise history, we need an infamous second round bust like jfk needs ibuprofen for a headache

Help us Maxey, you're our only hope.

no but fr if maxey doesnt become an all star in the next couple seasons we're big fucked.

Fuck Ben Simmons. How he can look himself in the mirror after choosing to not work on his shooting with
a legitimate professional after that meltdown is fucking beyond me, regardless of whether or not he'll play
for the sixers again. What a lazy shithead. I've probably worked more on shooting in my life than him, and
I'm not exaggerating, it was literally all I did before I got into skating. Fuck him, I hope he goes to Minnesota
or Cleveland and never wins shit. I will pay full ticket price to boo the shit out of him when I get the chance.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #3855 on: September 28, 2021, 10:26:18 AM »
He basically came out and said embiid is hurting his style of play lmao. A center who spaces the floor and has to make up for Simmons lack of offense. Hurting HIS style of play. Stats say otherwise

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElGee35/status/1442894301445312521

i don’t think I’ve ever seen a player destroy is own value this much. His return to Philly will be must watch tv.

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3856 on: September 28, 2021, 10:36:25 AM »
He basically came out and said embiid is hurting his style of play lmao. A center who spaces the floor and has to make up for Simmons lack of offense. Hurting HIS style of play. Stats say otherwise

i don’t think I’ve ever seen a player destroy is own value this much. His return to Philly will be must watch tv.

He's going to be so bummed that there aren't any young socialites in the Cleveland metro area

thebacker

« Reply #3857 on: September 28, 2021, 11:22:46 AM »

it's insane he said that because the analytics says that they are a great match for eachother

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3858 on: September 28, 2021, 11:50:31 AM »
Exactly. And Embiid evolved his game to accommodate ben. Outside shooting, 38% from 3 etc.

Minnesota has that in KAT, but Cleveland drafted Mobley and have jarret Allen/Markkanen. That’s paints gonna be clogged af.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3859 on: September 28, 2021, 12:06:47 PM »
This situation is such a mess and it's gotten worse because Morey didn't pull the trigger. He loses more and more leverage every second

thebacker

« Reply #3860 on: September 28, 2021, 01:59:29 PM »
This situation is such a mess and it's gotten worse because Morey didn't pull the trigger. He loses more and more leverage every second

yeah but what the fuck is he gonna pull the trigger on? All these deals are terrible and ben is still on a contract with the team.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3861 on: September 28, 2021, 02:39:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah but what the fuck is he gonna pull the trigger on? All these deals are terrible and ben is still on a contract with the team.

He should have pulled the trigger months ago at the beginning of free agency. Now he's left holding an overpriced asset that no one wants

thebacker

« Reply #3862 on: September 28, 2021, 02:53:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He should have pulled the trigger months ago at the beginning of free agency. Now he's left holding an overpriced asset that no one wants
I get it, some of those trade offers were straight up insulting tho

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3863 on: September 28, 2021, 04:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Those trade offers are looking like solid gold now though.

thebacker

« Reply #3864 on: September 29, 2021, 07:50:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

hindsight is always 20/20 right? I honestly just can't wait to go to a bunch of games and just watch basketball again

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #3865 on: September 29, 2021, 08:27:05 AM »
Breaking Ben Simmons is the greatest achievement in Atlanta sports in the last 25 years
This is sad but true.  ATL is very underrated in the cursed/historically worst sports teams category, we can hang with anyone.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3866 on: September 29, 2021, 08:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

hindsight is always 20/20 right? I honestly just can't wait to go to a bunch of games and just watch basketball again

Same, i think I'm gonna try and catch some clippers games this year. It's been a while since I've gone

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3867 on: September 30, 2021, 09:48:28 AM »
I haven’t been to a Live game since 2018. Rockets are rebuilding, so tickets should be hella cheap. Knowing Tillman fart tita, he’ll still charge harden prices though lol

thebacker

« Reply #3868 on: September 30, 2021, 12:40:09 PM »
I haven’t been to a Live game since 2018. Rockets are rebuilding, so tickets should be hella cheap. Knowing Tillman fart tita, he’ll still charge harden prices though lol
this might be the season to get back in it to see some stars on other teams play ahahaha

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3869 on: September 30, 2021, 02:31:59 PM »
Definitely! Last few seasons with the Harden fiasco, just wasn’t a very fun team to watch. Now with Jalen Green and Sengun I’m super excited. Even if it means only 15-20 wins ha. Plus live basketball you just can’t beat it.