Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367303 times)

thebacker

Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3870 on: October 12, 2021, 01:50:30 PM »
lol ben is "back"

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #3871 on: October 12, 2021, 02:00:35 PM »
lol ben is "back"

I'm just glad everyone is back to ignoring the Clippers again while all the attention is on one franchise whose pg can't play because he won't get the shot and another franchise whose pg said he wouldn't play but is now crawling back to get booed every second he touches the ball

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3872 on: October 12, 2021, 02:04:29 PM »
was waiting for the lights to dim in the early 4th quarter and midnight oil to start playing over the stadium PA and have the announcers start screaming like in the wwe

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3873 on: October 12, 2021, 02:50:05 PM »
was waiting for the lights to dim in the early 4th quarter and midnight oil to start playing over the stadium PA and have the announcers start screaming like in the wwe

"bah God, is that didgeridoo i hear??? That's Ben Simmons music!"

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3874 on: October 12, 2021, 03:35:24 PM »
anyone want to place a bet on kyrie retiring? (or not)
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3875 on: October 12, 2021, 04:04:58 PM »

I’ll take that. I say he doesn’t…. Usual kyrie passive aggressiveness…

KD nixed (or voiced his displeasure) a kyrie for Simmons trade i believe.

KD probably

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3876 on: October 12, 2021, 04:07:45 PM »

You know you're annoying as fuck when the guy who gives his teammates copies of the godfather to read as homework, gets wine drunk on live every night and screams TACO TUESDAY constantly comes out looking like the good guy compared to you

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3877 on: October 12, 2021, 05:49:39 PM »
people who care about kyrie should keep him off the internet cause he clearly believes every mf thing he reads on it

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #3878 on: October 12, 2021, 09:40:27 PM »
I love basketball but have never cared too much for the drama aspect of everything but Kyrie is wild
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 04:06:37 AM by Sila »

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #3879 on: October 13, 2021, 03:59:18 AM »
I love basketball but and have never cared too much for the drama aspect of everything but Kyrie is wild

I love the drama but he's taking it to a professional wrestler level of corny. I was done after he refused to play Boston after being traded but then hoped on social media to post some long winded cryptic bullshit in his IG story. He's the definition of an annoying little brother/cousin that thinks he's too smart for everybody.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #3880 on: October 13, 2021, 07:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You know you're annoying as fuck when the guy who gives his teammates copies of the godfather to read as homework, gets wine drunk on live every night and screams TACO TUESDAY constantly comes out looking like the good guy compared to you

Hey, I like Lebron's winemom energy #live #laff #luv

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #3881 on: October 13, 2021, 07:24:41 AM »
gonna see Bucks vs. Jazz on Halloween, first game at the Forum in forever.

Tickets are crazy expensive this season but found a pretty good deal for a matchup i wanna see.
missing the good ol days when you could get in the door for 6 dollars to see the Bucks lose by 55 points to the Timberwolves in a near-empty Bradley Center

good times

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #3882 on: October 13, 2021, 07:29:17 AM »
Excuse my ignorance if the question has already been posed, but anyone interested in a slap fantasy basketball league?

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3883 on: October 13, 2021, 12:12:15 PM »
Excuse my ignorance if the question has already been posed, but anyone interested in a slap fantasy basketball league?

I played a little last year but I'm too fantasy football brained to be good at it

charge

• Rep: 17
« Reply #3884 on: October 13, 2021, 01:16:22 PM »
gonna see Bucks vs. Jazz on Halloween, first game at the Forum in forever.

Tickets are crazy expensive this season but found a pretty good deal for a matchup i wanna see.
missing the good ol days when you could get in the door for 6 dollars to see the Bucks lose by 55 points to the Timberwolves in a near-empty Bradley Center

good times

i was at some of those games. i miss gary payton too.

thebacker

« Reply #3885 on: October 14, 2021, 06:28:40 AM »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #3886 on: October 14, 2021, 07:12:41 AM »
At some point KD and harden gonna just say fuck it we don’t need you lol if they haven’t already. How annoying.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3887 on: October 14, 2021, 07:28:15 AM »
Kyrie five months away from going full hotep

charge

« Reply #3888 on: October 15, 2021, 09:03:38 AM »
Kyrie five months away from going full hotep

"I'll worship you in church, baby, always
I'll worship you in church, all the seven days
I'll praise and praise"- Kyrie Irving

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #3889 on: October 15, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »

If someone sets the league up and there are enough participants, im absolutely in.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #3890 on: October 19, 2021, 11:15:25 AM »
ben simmons situation getting even more interesting today, getting tossed from practice and embiid saying he "doesn't care what that man does". what team does simmons think he's forcing his way to? there's no trade for him

what do the pals think

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3891 on: October 19, 2021, 12:06:15 PM »
ben simmons situation getting even more interesting today, getting tossed from practice and embiid saying he "doesn't care what that man does". what team does simmons think he's forcing his way to? there's no trade for him

what do the pals think

He's trying to harden method, only problem is that harden is a much more valuable player. Morey is probably angling for that dame 4 ben trade, but there's no way Portland is offering that now. Maybe McCollum, but i honestly have no clue where he would end up. Maybe minny? They really held on to him for too long, in the hopes that his value would rise but it has only dropped since

thebacker

« Reply #3892 on: October 20, 2021, 08:35:12 AM »
all ben simmons had to do was put in effort for a few months. The sixers would have an easier time trading him and he could salvage SOME of his value. But nah here we are. Can't wait to be at that sixers home opener, that place is gonna be electric

That being said the games last night ruled and it's great to have the NBA back

charge

« Reply #3893 on: October 20, 2021, 09:20:42 AM »
all ben simmons had to do was put in effort for a few months. The sixers would have an easier time trading him and he could salvage SOME of his value. But nah here we are. Can't wait to be at that sixers home opener, that place is gonna be electric

i suppose he could be trying to devalue himself on purpose. wouldn't that be a smart thing to do? now people are saying instead of getting a damian lillard philly would get a cj instead. wouldn't you rather be playing with a damian lillard instead of getting traded for him? might work out in his favor is he's got ring fever right now.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #3894 on: October 20, 2021, 09:47:30 AM »

agreed. Caught the last 10 min of the lakers/golden state and was happy just to be watching

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3895 on: October 20, 2021, 10:18:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

agreed. Caught the last 10 min of the lakers/golden state and was happy just to be watching

nemanja bjelica was shredding the lakers towards the end and it was beautiful to watch
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

thebacker

« Reply #3896 on: October 20, 2021, 10:46:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

nemanja bjelica was shredding the lakers towards the end and it was beautiful to watch

he fits right in on that team. Great ball movement and it's only gonna get better

thebacker

« Reply #3897 on: October 20, 2021, 10:48:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i suppose he could be trying to devalue himself on purpose. wouldn't that be a smart thing to do? now people are saying instead of getting a damian lillard philly would get a cj instead. wouldn't you rather be playing with a damian lillard instead of getting traded for him? might work out in his favor is he's got ring fever right now.

i just dont see how this is the play. Like youre hurting yourself and the organization. Is it worth sticking it to an organization you hate if it hurts you just as bad, if not worse. I fully expect him to get suspended again and not appear at the home opener

charge

« Reply #3898 on: October 20, 2021, 11:07:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i just dont see how this is the play. Like youre hurting yourself and the organization. Is it worth sticking it to an organization you hate if it hurts you just as bad, if not worse. I fully expect him to get suspended again and not appear at the home opener

To be fair, we're talkin about this same guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzo9_ndOHm0

don't think he knows what he's doing in any capacity.  to me it feels more like an aaron rodgers scenario than a james harden one. in either case, i think the dude hasn't proved himself enough to be making moves like this.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3899 on: October 20, 2021, 11:08:26 AM »
i think sixers finna tear shit up. you havent heard
anything about the rest of the team and i feel like running a traditional pg and having tobias get
the ball more might actually be a positive.