Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371265 times)

Shitbag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1920 on: June 19, 2014, 12:33:42 PM »
A simple no would have sufficed but I take it you don't think there's anything wrong with putting non-makes on a cover as long as they look good? Because the photo is nice, just rather would have seen one of the Finals MVP actually dunking if that's what the picture leads one to believe he did on the play featured on the cover of all places, not in an article inside the mag, the fucking cover!

I don't like Birdman at all but I can imagine him getting all kinds of shit from people like he got facialized or posterized or flushed on or whatever they call it when someone dunks on you and he has to be all "But but but he didn't dunk on me, promise! I fouled him and he shot two free throws!"

I mean he's on the cover of Sports Illustrated apparently getting abused by the Finals MVP and nothing happened on that play, if I'm him I'd be salty.

Anyway, fuck the Heat I'm glad they lost and not only lost but got fucking destroyed in every way shape and form by a way better team.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1921 on: June 19, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »
can we all collectively stop saying posterized? nobody puts posters on walls anymore.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1922 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:11 AM »
Knicks trade Felton and Chandler to Dallas for Calderon, Larkin, Dalembert, Ellington, and picks 34 and 51. Rockets trade Asik + $1.5 million to the Pelicans for a 1st rounder in 2015.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:11:57 AM by Nick.. »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1923 on: June 26, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »
embiid's a sixer !

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1924 on: June 26, 2014, 07:27:21 PM »
i thought the Lakers would have a shot at Smart, Gordon, Randle or Vonleh, so i'm pretty happy with who they ended up with.

here's the list of the top 14 picks.

http://www.nba.com/draft/

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1925 on: June 27, 2014, 01:21:59 PM »
Philly won the draft in my eyes. So you take a flyer on embiid hoping that modern medicine overcomes telling injuries that have ended the careers of many. Upside you have Hakeem 2.0; down side Greg oden 2.0. On top of that you won't be very good next year and are a shoe-in for a top 7 pick, you stash away saric and in 2 years you have one of the best young teams in the league. Very promising. Thought chicago made out pretty well too. The clipper pick made me scratch my head. My squad is gaurd heavy and could have really used a big. I might have to watch summer league this year. I really want to see what this exum kid is all about.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1926 on: June 27, 2014, 06:31:54 PM »
The real question with this draft is whether Cleveland can continue to defy all logic by being terrible again next year despite having 3 out of the last 4 #1 picks.

Also, will VeganShawn continue his saltiness by blaming this all on Lebron instead of the Cav's incompetent management?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1927 on: June 27, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »
with blatt is that even possible? he might not have NBA experience but he wont make shit decisions like mike brown. brown couldn't even get a consistent rotation going. no player played a position with any consistency last year besides tristan tompson. you cant be doing that to a young core thats attempting to learn a "system" or whatever the fuck that was suppose to be. the cavs may have had a dysfunctional locker room but i think mike browns bad coaching made it look even worse than it seemed.

the cavs have a really bright future ahead of them WITHOUT lebron and itll be fun seeing blatt and brad stevens get really good and play each other. and the cavs got tyronn lue so thats a plus.

also vonleh is underrated. with the right development he's going to be amazing. charlotte definitely made a big leap and they're going to keep getting better. i dont see those dudes regressing.

i hope melo makes the right choice, takes a pay cut and gets on the bulls. gotta go the brian anderson route and skip the rebuild.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1928 on: June 28, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »
the cavs will still suck. Euro coach? first year? theyll be like a 6 or 7 seed but what does that really get you these days? In two seasons, the sixers will be a better team than the cavs.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1929 on: June 28, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
Cleveland will be good this year! I forgive Lebron....

Nick..

« Reply #1930 on: June 29, 2014, 05:28:36 PM »
Still don't know who the fuck Bruno Caboclo is.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1931 on: June 30, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »
in masai we trust.

Nick..

« Reply #1932 on: July 01, 2014, 05:33:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
in masai we trust.
Well the Salmons trade was a good one.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1933 on: July 02, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
^^

Agreed Lou Will can flat out score the ball his D is iffy but The Raptors need legit firepower coming off the bench not a guy that will shoot 1-9 on one night and 3-6 the next I have no idea who this guy from Brazil but Masai has yet to have any screws up so i trust his judgement.

Nick..

« Reply #1934 on: July 02, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »
^^

Agreed Lou Will can flat out score the ball his D is iffy but The Raptors need legit firepower coming off the bench not a guy that will shoot 1-9 on one night and 3-6 the next I have no idea who this guy from Brazil but Masai has yet to have any screws up so i trust his judgement.
Apparently Nogueira is a solid prospect with an insane reach. The fact they were able to get something for Salmons than just outright buying him out is great.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1935 on: July 06, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »
i really want these Melo and LeBron sweepstakes to end soon, but they're obviously going to take their time. most sources are saying Melo is seriously considering New York, L.A. or Chicago.

also, there were a bunch of reports a little while ago that students saw Kobe, Melo and Kevin Love working out at UCLA. the athletic trainer for UCLA confirmed that all 3 were there today.

http://twitter.com/RyanKelapire/status/485914505160163328

gonna be a crazy summer with so many talented free agents out there. hope my Lakers can pull off another hat-trick this offseason.

(if they can't acquire any of the superstars they're going for, i'd really love to see Lance Stephenson, Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, or Luol Deng in purple in gold).

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1936 on: July 07, 2014, 05:46:00 AM »
The only reason id want to see lance "will make em dance" Stephenson on the laker roster would be so that way I can watch Kobe physically assault one of his own team mates on the court. Missed a golden opportunity last year with swagy p

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1937 on: July 07, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »
its gonna be a lil more watchable this year

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1938 on: July 07, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »
Still nothing arghh , Bosh in Houston would be awesome they need him. Melo and Lebron will probably stay put, so that leaves Love as the big question.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1939 on: July 07, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
Still nothing arghh , Bosh in Houston would be awesome they need him. Melo and Lebron will probably stay put, so that leaves Love as the big question.

haha houston is trash, bosh would make them even worse. No defense, harden is a joke. I'd like it because I think philly gets Lin and a pick out of it so they can clear salary. Praying for Melo to the Bulls.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1940 on: July 07, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha houston is trash, bosh would make them even worse. No defense, harden is a joke. I'd like it because I think philly gets Lin and a pick out of it so they can clear salary. Praying for Melo to the Bulls.

ehh, i can see that houston is trying to put four on the perimeter and have d12 around the basket a la the svg orlando teams.

lol. that shit would only work in the east though.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1941 on: July 11, 2014, 10:32:11 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1942 on: July 11, 2014, 10:46:13 AM »

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #1943 on: July 11, 2014, 11:24:06 AM »

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1944 on: July 11, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1945 on: July 11, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
This cavs team ain't beating the spurs. Even with k love. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1946 on: July 11, 2014, 01:33:11 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #1947 on: July 11, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha houston is trash, bosh would make them even worse. No defense

You're an idiot if you truly think bosh would make the Rockets worse. He'd start at the 4 over terrence jones who is defensive liability as much as Harden. Albeit he's only been in the NBA for a year, year and a half. Doesn't matter though Bosh got a carlos lee esque contract from Miami,

And James/Irving/Wiggins ? Yikes
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Tracer

« Reply #1948 on: July 11, 2014, 07:25:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

haha houston is trash, bosh would make them even worse. No defense
[close]

You're an idiot if you truly think bosh would make the Rockets worse. He'd start at the 4 over terrence jones who is defensive liability as much as Harden. Albeit he's only been in the NBA for a year, year and a half. Doesn't matter though Bosh got a carlos lee esque contract from Miami,

And James/Irving/Wiggins ? Yikes
Cavs have no bench, Kyrie can't shoot, and I'm supposed to trust a rookie and Bennett?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1949 on: July 11, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »
Been doing the happy dance all fucking day!! Can't wait to basketball season!!