Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370899 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #2580 on: June 16, 2016, 08:56:25 PM »
That was tough to sit through, Game 7 Sunday. Never expected  to say that this series. Go Dubs

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2581 on: June 16, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »
That was tough. Refs still fucking up on some calls but Warrios played like shit. So many turnovers and just bad plays. Game 7 will one for the books. I can't imagine what the tickets will go for that day. Tech nerds will be front and center.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2582 on: June 16, 2016, 09:16:19 PM »
Sure will be ^ and my god that first quarter was nauseating the fact the were still somewhat in it after that has to be seen as some kind of silver lining,

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2583 on: June 16, 2016, 09:20:47 PM »
Curry threw his mouth guard into the crowd, never seen him bitch like that... Doesn't help his wife is discrediting NBA on twitter

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2584 on: June 17, 2016, 03:32:30 AM »
Curry threw his mouth guard into the crowd, never seen him bitch like that... Doesn't help his wife is discrediting NBA on twitter

He even hit a fan with his mouth guard.

Here's the tweet, she's deleted it now:

Also Lebron has played absolutely insane these last few games. I don't think there are many arguments that he isn't the best player in the league right now.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:38:45 AM by Howie »

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #2585 on: June 17, 2016, 05:35:46 AM »
GS needs to be reminded of "Live by the 3, die by the 3."

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2586 on: June 17, 2016, 06:23:41 AM »
Sure will be ^ and my god that first quarter was nauseating the fact the were still somewhat in it after that has to be seen as some kind of silver lining,

That's how I see it... despite Lebron playing like an absolute monster, they were completely in that game in the 3rd and beginning of the 4th.  Same thing happened in game 5.  No matter how shitty they are playing they can be back in it with a few 3's (or God forbid... make a couple of 2 point shots).

Last night they looked like they wanted to be back in bed at the hotel.  No fire or energy whatsoever, they looked pitiful. 

Still, pretty damn good finals. 

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #2587 on: June 17, 2016, 05:29:01 PM »
fucking livingston has been blowing it pretty hard and speights needs more minutes

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #2588 on: June 17, 2016, 06:06:45 PM »
fucking livingston Barnes has been blowing it pretty hard and speights needs more minutes
you never know about pre-cum 

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #2589 on: June 17, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
It's hilarious how no one will give the Cavs and fucking credit! Fucking warriors fans are the biggest bunch of crybabies.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2590 on: June 17, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »
If the Warriors blow it at home in a game 7 this will go down as the most memorable choke job in recent sports history. I'm stilling putting my (figurative) money on Golden State, but then again, I thought they would take it in 5 and be drinking champagne by now.

Shout out to LeBron for somehow having an even better finals than he did last year.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #2591 on: June 17, 2016, 11:00:37 PM »
If the Warriors blow it at home in a game 7 this will go down as the most memorable choke job in recent sports history. I'm stilling putting my (figurative) money on Golden State, but then again, I thought they would take it in 5 and be drinking champagne by now.

Shout out to LeBron for somehow having an even better finals than he did last year.

And Lebron will literally go down as a God in the NBA. It will definitely be an exciting game and I am shooting for my Warriors but will respect Lebron if the get the win as well.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2592 on: June 18, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »
It's hilarious how no one will give the Cavs and fucking credit! Fucking warriors fans are the biggest bunch of crybabies.

What are you talking about?  EVERYBODY is giving the Cavs and Lebron credit... the only person who's blaming the refs/NBA at this point is Ayesha Curry.  It would be considered a choke job because the Dubs were easily up 3-1, and to lose it at this point would be a Patriots-esque let down  They were the best team in the NBA this year and were a huge favorite to win the title.

Why does everybody enjoy bashing Warrior fans?  You guys act like any of you gave a shit about the Cavs pre-Lebron.  

postscript:  I do believe the NBA is rigged.. but I've thought so for years.  It caters to it's biggest stars, which is why everyone is after Lebron... I came to this realization back when the Kobe/Shaq Lakers were taking on the Sac. Kings in the semi-finals.  Years later one of the refs ADMITTED it was rigged.  Just came across this short article too:

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/06/17/david-price-thinks-the-nba-finals-are-rigged/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

"Part of why it was fun is that . . . it’s not the first time someone has claimed that the NBA playoffs were rigged. As a big NBA fan in the 1980s and 1990s, I recall so many of my friends and, occasionally, radio hosts and such making some arguments that all the big series went to 6 or 7 games in order to increase revenue. There was never a solid basis for anyone saying that, but given how impactful any one or five officials’ calls can be in basketball as opposed to other sports — and given that, yeah, evidence later surfaced that some NBA officiating was in fact crooked — you were never going to shut those voices up."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:25:26 AM by bea! »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #2593 on: June 18, 2016, 04:30:14 PM »
If the nba is fixed then you have to accept that the warriors-okc series was rigged. So you have nothing to complain about.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2594 on: June 18, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
also people hate on warriors fans because all they do is complain about the refs while their teams gameplan is literally to set illegal screens. get over it, your team has been beaten fair and square the last two.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2595 on: June 19, 2016, 07:46:43 PM »
damn what a choke.  No fix or officials to blame for that one... they had about 10 chances to pull away the last two minutes and they blew it every time.  

Props to the Cavs, they played those last 3 games with fire. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:32:17 PM by bea! »

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #2596 on: June 19, 2016, 08:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love is hurt which is the death nail for Cleveland. This shows it doesn't matter what players you get, but how they play together. Golden State will sweep
[close]

Judging by your prediction history it looks like the Cavs are gonna take it now. Or at least push it to 7.
[close]

I knew you were gonna jinx this shit. Fuck you Tracer.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2597 on: June 19, 2016, 09:02:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love is hurt which is the death nail for Cleveland. This shows it doesn't matter what players you get, but how they play together. Golden State will sweep
[close]

Judging by your prediction history it looks like the Cavs are gonna take it now. Or at least push it to 7.
[close]
[close]

I knew you were gonna jinx this shit. Fuck you Tracer.

Came here to say this, but also fuckit Lebron deserves it. GSW first to lose the same number of games in the post season as they did in the reg

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -353
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #2598 on: June 20, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »
73-9-AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #2599 on: June 20, 2016, 10:29:05 AM »
never felt so happy for a non Dallas sports team/player

JR SMITH IS AN NBA CHAMPION!!!!! PIPE!!
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2600 on: June 20, 2016, 11:46:54 AM »
Really shows how important Bogut's moving screens were  :D

No one to blame for GS, Lebron and co simply owned them fair and square

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2601 on: June 20, 2016, 05:15:25 PM »
God damn that one stung and probably will for a while, no excuses tho the Cavs played at a higher level, Kyrie and Lebron are a hell of a duo. Congrats Cleveland for ending your title drought. Looking forward to next season already.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2602 on: June 20, 2016, 05:26:36 PM »
Every Golden State fans on here, I have something to say. Just be grateful your team isn't the Sixers

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2603 on: June 20, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
VeganShawn is desperately stitching his 2007 vintage Lebron jersey back together as we speak.

Tracer

« Reply #2604 on: June 20, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »
Every Golden State fans on here, I have something to say. Just be grateful your team isn't the Sixers
That's what I've been saying all year, the sixers losing streak is more impressive than GSW's winning streak. It's very difficult to be that bad in a cap league, but Philly keep doing it. Trust the process, trust the process... You can sign some players too and give the fans something to see....?? Philly is a huge market and they keep blowing it, die hard fans should just abandon the team... They aren't far off from beating Chicago in a playoff series

guest1234

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2605 on: June 21, 2016, 02:32:37 PM »
Last 3 games, LeBron just went berzerk.  So happy for him, GSW were just collateral damage.  Leading every player in all major stats (Pts, Rebs, Asts, Steals, Blks), it is just ridiculous what he did.  You could tell he was gassed coming down the stretch though, Kyrie came through with the shot of the season.  Amazing playoffs, even better finish.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2606 on: June 21, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »
VeganShawn is desperately stitching his 2007 vintage Lebron jersey back together as we speak.

nah jawns was fire retardant b

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2607 on: June 22, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
I give LeBron his props well earned Blue Collar Championship

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2608 on: June 22, 2016, 06:25:34 PM »
D Rose was traded to the Knicks today

Tracer

« Reply #2609 on: June 22, 2016, 06:36:12 PM »
D Rose was traded to the Knicks today
Jimmer and Rose will be a great 1/2 in Westchester